Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,340 Words
  • 6,966 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Healing Heart - 4. Chapter 4

4

Dimitri couldn’t help smiling as he drove along Lakeshore Blvd later that evening, heading to a secluded restaurant he loved.

Talin sat in the passenger seat, nervous and excited.

Talin looked handsome this evening. Silky black hair fell around his face, glossy from a good brushing. Dimitri kept thinking of sinking his fingers into it just to feel how soft it was. Talin had chosen a white v-neck t-shirt, black jeans and a fitted black leather jacket that looked new.

His smile widened at the thought of Talin giving extra effort to his appearance for their date.

“Why are you smiling so hard?” Talin asked after a while.

“I’m happy.”

Talin shifted in his seat so that he sat facing him.

“Dimitri.”

“Hmm…”

“Why do you know so much about me?”

Dimitri glanced at Talin. He’d hoped Talin wouldn’t notice that, but then again, Talin was smart and shrewd.

“Why do you say that?”

“This morning when I called you,” Talin said. “You knew it was me. I’ve never given you my number.”

Dimitri hoped his smile didn’t waiver.

“I got the number from Ken.”

“Ken?”

“Yeah,” Dimitri said, with a casual shrug. “It was around the time he worked for you. I warned him I’d call you the next time I caught him. He was afraid of you finding out about him.”

Talin nodded and dropped his gaze to his hands. “I feel like an idiot.”

“Why?” Dimitri asked.

“I didn’t know…I didn’t see what he was doing.”

Talin shook his head in disappointment.

“Hey,” Dimitri said. “Talin, I don’t want to see a frown on your face.”

“I can’t help it,” Talin said looking up. “The Talon is my home, you know. I don’t want bad stuff like drugs touching it. I’m sure you must feel the same way about the marina.”

Dimitri concentrated on driving instead of that last statement. If he thought about it too much, he was liable to turn back and drop off Talin. Deciding the topic was too serious, he reached out to take Talin’s hand.

“Talin,” he said when he took Talin’s left hand. “Let’s make a promise for tonight.”

“Promise?” Talin asked.

“Yes.” Dimitri tangled his fingers with Talin’s. “No talk about work, Ken, drugs, murder cases.”

“That takes away a lot of what we have in common.”

“Well,” Dimitri looked at Talin. “We might find other things we have in common.”

“Like what?” Talin asked.

Dimitri grinned.

“Food, music, art…there is more to life than work, Talin.”

“I haven’t bothered to step out of the work box in a long time.”

“Why not?” Dimitri asked curious.

Talin seemed the sort to enjoy everything life had to offer.

Talin squeezed his fingers and shifted his gaze to the road ahead of them. The sun was setting, the rays coming right at them. Dimitri let go of Talin’s hand to reach for the visor on Talin’s side. He lowered it, making sure Talin’s eyes were shaded.

Talin looked at him with a small frown that quickly disappeared, replaced with a small smile.

Dimitri took Talin’s hand again, his gaze on the road.

“Tell me why you have concentrated on work, Talin.”

Talin cleared his throat and pushed hair back from his face.

“I don’t know. It seemed easier.”

“Easier?” Dimitri asked.

“Yes.”

“Easier than what, Talin?” he asked curious beyond belief.

Talin looked out his window for a moment before he answered.

“Easier than letting life in,” Talin said.

Dimitri knew that tone well. Deep-seated sadness was difficult to hide. To hear it in Talin’s voice…he reached for Talin’s hand drawing his attention back to the car.

“Well, I’m taking on this challenge,” he said.

“What challenge?” Talin asked.

“Reintroducing you back to life,” he said. “We’re going to get you immersed in life so much you won’t know where it starts and your self-imposed exile from it ends.”

Talin chuckled.

“The things you say,” Talin said. “What makes you think I haven’t been happy?”

“Even if you’ve been happy,” Dimitri said. “I’m here to make you happier.”

“And how are you going to manage that, Dimitri?”

Dimitri let go of Talin’s hand and slowed down.

“By starting with food,” Dimitri said.

He made a right turn onto a gravel road.

Talin shifted in his seat, his gaze on the trees lining the road.

“Are we going to someone’s house? Jeez, Dimitri, you should have told me. How can we show up empty-handed?”

“Relax,” Dimitri said as they approached a two-storey stone house.

Warm, yellow lights lit up the driveway, and the fountain in the middle. He parked the car in one of the spaces right in front of the house.

“Where are we?”

“My favorite restaurant,” Dimitri said, opening his door. “Stay put.”

He got out of the car, and hurried around to Talin’s side as Talin opened his door.

Dimitri scowled as Talin got out.

“I told you to stay put.”

“Why?” Talin asked looking around the property.

Dimitri sighed. “I was going to open the door for you.”

Talin’s gaze returned to him.

“Seriously?” Talin asked.

“Yes.” Dimitri moved him out of the way, so that he could shut the passenger door. “You’ve ruined it.”

Talin studied him in amusement.

“Are you upset with me?”

“Yes.” Dimitri frowned. “Are you going to be like this all night?”

“Like what?”

“Spoiling my fantasies,” Dimitri said. “I have something to show you.”

“What?” Talin asked.

Taking Talin’s hand, he led the way to a small cobbled path that would take them around the house.

“A view I discovered a while back,” Dimitri said excited.

When he’d first found this place, he’d been eighteen, heading out to the army. He remembered sitting on a bench behind this house, wondering if he’d ever get a chance to share this scenery with someone he cared for.

The wild garden was in full bloom. Leading Talin along the path, they passed flowers in riots of color. Talin touched a lavender flower with a smile as they stepped on grass. Holding Talin’s hand tight, Dimitri led the way to the edge of the property.

“Whoever owns this place has a lovely backyard.” Talin looked around the neat manicured bushes, the pristine grass. “Friend of yours?”

“Yes,” Dimitri said.

Talin nodded.

“And this friend turned his home into a restaurant?”

Her home,” Dimitri corrected, pleased by the note of jealousy he heard in Talin’s voice. “She lets me come over whenever I want.”

“She’s very generous then,” Talin said.

They reached the edge of the property, and Dimitri let go of Talin’s hand. He moved behind Talin to cover his eyes.

“What are you doing?” Talin asked reaching up to hold on to Dimitri’s hand. “Dimitri…”

“I got you,” Dimitri said leading him to the railing built to protect people from plunging over a short cliff to the beach below.

The sun was setting in the horizon. He waited for the fading light to kiss the surface of the lake, turning it into a spectacular dance of sparkling water. Dimitri dropped his hands away.

“Look, now.”

He took in Talin’s appreciative gasp, sealing it tight in the vault of his heart.

“What do you think?”

Talin leaned on the rail. “I’m stunned you know a place like this.”

Dimitri chuckled and reached to push a strand of hair that swept into Talin’s eyes.

“I know a great deal of places that would stun you.”

“Tell me about them,” Talin said looking at him.

Dimitri stared into brown eyes and felt like he could tell Talin everything…everything. However, it was too early for that. He didn’t want to scare Talin away.

“Well, there is this place…” he started opting to remember the lighter parts of his life.

And so, standing at the railing by the lake, Dimitri told Talin of places he’d visited around the country and the world. Unique cities, odd houses…strange towns…gods some of those places he’d vowed to forget, but he loved how Talin leaned on the railing listening to him. Loved it when Talin’s eyes brightened with amusement, or he gave a short disbelieving laugh. He loved it even more when Talin leaned into him, as they stood watching the sunset.

“We should head in now,” Dimitri said when the sun disappeared. “It’s getting cold. You must be hungry.”

Talin nodded in agreement. He didn’t protest when Dimitri held his hand. They walked slowly to the house.

“How come you’ve gone to all those places?”

“Work related,” Dimitri said honestly. “I didn’t always stay in Colston, you know. When I turned eighteen, I wanted to distance myself from Colston, Ohio. So, I joined the army to fight the good fight.”

Talin studied him for a moment, before he pointed to the main house.

“Tell me about your friend who owns the restaurant.”

“You’ve already met her.” Dimitri opened the back door, and let Talin in to a busy commercial kitchen. There was a chef hard at work at the cooking range. She looked up when the door closed behind them and Talin gaped.

“Katerina?”

“Talin, nice to see you again,” she said turning off the fire at the range where she worked.

Katerina moved the pan and handed over to the man standing beside her. She wiped her hands on a clean cloth at her waist and crossed the room to greet them.

Katerina hugged Talin, kissing his jaw.

“You look handsome.”

Dimitri didn’t miss the color that flooded Talin’s cheeks as he thanked Katerina for the compliment.

“I hope Dimitri didn’t keep you out there too long. He loves watching sunsets.”

Talin smiled at Dimitri.

“No, it wasn’t too long.”

Katerina turned to Dimitri.

“Ready for dinner?” she asked.

“Yes,” Dimitri said.

“Good,” Katerina took Talin’s hand and led them out of the busy kitchen. “I’ll show you to your table. Talin, today you eat my food, yes? If you like it, you must come back.”

Talin laughed.

“I guess Dimitri wasn’t kidding when he said you’re the best chef in town.”

“Dimitri is biased.”

Katerina led the way into a warm dining room decorated to look like a comfortable home, customers sat on comfortable couches, and dining chairs in the main dining room. Waiters moved from table to table. The atmosphere filled with soft music that didn’t interfere with conversation.

Katerina led them down a short corridor to a private dining room.

“I saved you the best table in the house.”

Katerina urged Talin to take a seat at the round table in the middle of the room. She patted Talin’s shoulder and turned to Dimitri.

“Don’t worry,” she said. “I’ll handle dinner orders, okay?”

Dimitri nodded and she winked at him before she hurried away.

“Your sister-in-law is the owner?” Talin asked when Dimitri slipped into the chair to his right. “You could have warned me.”

“And ruin the surprise?” Dimitri asked.

“I thought she lived with you at the marina.”

“She does,” Dimitri said watching Talin arrange a napkin on his lap. “This house belonged to her parents. Four years ago, they passed away, and she didn’t want to sell the place. Lukas and I convinced her to open a restaurant.”

“So when did you find out about the view?”

“When Lukas and Katerina started dating,” Dimitri smiled. “I was graduating high school, and Katerina was having a party. They invited me.”

Talin shifted in his seat so that they faced each other.

“Tell me how Lukas and Kat met.”

Dimitri chuckled.

“Why do you want to know?”

“I like hearing stories like that. Each couple feels they have a unique first-meet, but in truth it’s all the same.”

“How is that?”

Talin smiled.

“They’re all drawn to each other by an unknown force. Like magnets, they end up together no matter what’s in between them.”

“Do you think there is a force like that for us?” Dimitri asked.

Talin met his gaze.

“Are we a couple?”

“Of course,” Dimitri said.

Talin laughed and shook his head.

“You’re jumping ahead, Dimitri. We barely know each other.”

Dimitri took his napkin and placed it on his lap.

“There are married people who don’t know each other.”

“Why would you say that?”

“Because,” Dimitri said. “It’s the truth, Talin.”

Talin reached for his water glass and sipped.

“I don’t know about you, but I like to know people before I consider them couple material.”

“So, is this our first date?” Dimitri asked.

Talin placed his glass on the table.

“I suppose it is.”

“You suppose?” Dimitri asked.

Shifting his chair closer to Talin, he kissed Talin’s parted lips. The kiss was short but it was full, possessive.

Talin gave a soft gasp when he broke the kiss.

Dimitri sat back in his seat with a grin.

“That’s so you don’t have any doubts.”

“Doubts?” Talin asked.

“That this is our first date,” Dimitri said as a waiter walked in with their appetizers.

***

By dessert, Talin was sure he’d added a few extra pounds. A week of Katerina’s cooking and he’d end up as big as a house. The woman could cook.

Sipping his wine, his gaze lingered on Dimitri, thinking about the past hours. They’d spent the day together. All of it felt like a dream, but it was hard to forget Dimitri lying on his bed. Those green eyes closed in sleep. He’d trailed fingers along Dimitri’s strong jaw wishing he could press a kiss on Dimitri’s jaw. Talin left the bedroom to go work on his business records two hours after Dimitri fell asleep.

Dimitri slept until four in the afternoon. When he’d woken up, he'd found Talin doing laundry. Dimitri helped fold dry clothes before he'd left to go get ready for their date.

Dimitri returned an hour later dressed in a black shirt, slacks and matching blazer. The Dimitri in the detective's picture come to life before him. The man smelled good, looked good, told astounding tales, and his kisses...Talin could easily fall for him.

Dimitri looked up from his cell phone and caught him staring.

“What are you thinking about?”

Talin smiled.

“You slept the day away.”

Dimitri returned his phone into his blazer pocket with a smile.

“It was the best sleep I’ve had in weeks.” Dimitri met his gaze. “I love your bed.”

Talin laughed and shook his head.

“Does that line work?”

Dimitri grinned and sat back in his seat.

“I don’t need pickup lines.”

“Is that so?” Talin mused.

Of course, a man like Dimitri wouldn’t need to work hard to find a lover. He probably gave a nod and they fell at his feet. Dimitri wasn’t exactly the type to stay without a lover. He was too handsome, too…raw, to go without.

How many lovers did he have in a week?

Dimitri narrowed his gaze.

“Talin, I don’t have anyone in my life, if that’s what you’re asking.”

Talin sipped his wine to drown the doubts that cropped up in his head.

“I’m not asking anything.”

“I can see that you’re thinking about it.”

“What’s with you?” Talin frowned. “Can you read my mind?”

Dimitri chuckled.

“Your face is quite expressive, Talin.”

“No way,” Talin shook his head.

“Yes way,” Dimitri said.

“If that’s the case, what am I thinking about right now?” Talin asked, leaning his elbows on the table.

Dimitri moved his wineglass aside and leaned on the table too.

Green eyes studied him, as though they could see right into him. His heart skipped when Dimitri’s gaze dropped to his lips.

“You’re thinking…” Dimitri said. “That you want to kiss me.”

Talin laughed.

“You’re the one who likes kissing me. Since yesterday, all you’ve done is kissed me unexpectedly.”

“Do you hate it?”

Talin met Dimitri’s gaze.

“No, I don’t hate it.”

“You love it then,” Dimitri said, pleased, “and so I should keep doing it.”

“I think you’re playing on your fantasies.”

“I won’t lie. I have a million and counting of those,” Dimitri said in a sexy husky tone.

“I promised you one date.”

Talin reminded him as though that would stop this growing attraction between them.

Each time Dimitri looked at him, he felt like he might melt into the ground with need.

“I’m sure you don’t believe we’re done after I take you home tonight.”

Of course Talin didn’t, but he’d hoped. Their attraction wasn’t easy. He didn’t think he had the energy for a relationship. The need to keep seeing Dimitri…listening to him talk about everything and nothing…his chest tightened. He didn’t think he had the energy it would take. Dimitri was too much.

Dropping his gaze to the clean table, Talin frowned.

“What happened to dessert?”

Dimitri sat back in his chair and reached for his glass of white wine.

“I’m sure Kat is bringing—

The door opened and Katerina came in carrying a covered platter. She looked tired, and she’d removed the chef’s hat, her hair was in a messy ponytail.

She pulled a seat next to Talin.

“I didn’t forget you. I had a small kitchen crisis. How was the orange chicken and veggie stir-fry?”

“Divine,” Talin said rubbing his flat stomach. “I could eat a dozen plates. I can imagine living with you. I’m sure meal times are an adventure.”

Kat beamed looking at Dimitri.

“You hear that, an adventure, not a nuisance in the kitchen. I hope you remember it when you’re complaining about wanting simple macaroni and cheese.”

“Mac and cheese?” Talin asked.

“Don’t send Dimitri to the supermarket,” Kat said with a small shudder. “He’ll bring instant mac and cheese boxes home. He ignores my list and buys whatever he wants.”

Dimitri chuckled. “But I like macaroni and cheese.”

“Don’t annoy me right now. Anyway, Talin, I’ve brought dessert.”

She removed the cover from the platter to reveal browned pastries that looked like small horns filled with fluffy cream.

Talin picked one, and took a bite. It melted in his mouth; the cream had a maddening tang of lemon that made him want to reach for more.

“This is delicious. What is it?” he asked reaching for another one.

“Cream-horn Trubochki,” Katerina said. “Dimitri’s favorite, he can eat a hundred in one sitting.”

“I can see how,” Talin said as he reached for another. They were sinfully delicious. Glancing at Dimitri, he asked, “Want one?”

Dimitri shook his head, his expression odd.

Katerina laughed.

“That’s very new. I’ve never once seen Dimitri turn down Trubochki.”

Talin grinned, loving the taste of lemon in the filling. It was too good.

“Mmm…Kat, marry me. Know if you say yes, you’ll have to bake these all day.”

Katerina laughed.

Dimitri stood up pushing his chair back too fast that his chair toppled and fell back.

“Dimitri,” Kat said staring at her brother in-law in surprise.

Dimitri righted the chair and grabbed the platter. He pressed it into Katerina’s hands.

“Please pack them, we’re leaving.”

Talin frowned reaching for his wine glass.

“Where are we going?”

Dimitri moved around the table to take Talin’s wine glass out of his hand.

“Come on, Talin.”

“You’re so complicated, Dimitri,” Katerina complained as she left with the platter.

Standing up, Talin turned to demand what was going on, only to have Dimitri pull him into his arms and kiss him. A hot wanton kiss that had him clinging to Dimitri’s shirt.

Dimitri ended the kiss as abruptly as he’d started it. Wrapping his arms around Talin, he let out a shaky breath.

“Dimitri?”

“I think you should stop eating Kat’s baked goods.”

Talin frowned. “What?”

Dimitri sighed and pressed a kiss on his jaw.

“Or, if you do it, make sure we’re alone…hmm…I feel like a teenager around you.”

Talin laughed and Dimitri took his hand leading him out of the dining room. They found Katerina in the corridor talking with the restaurant hostess.

“Kat,” Talin said when they reached her. “Thanks for a lovely dinner.”

She waved off the restaurant hostess and smiled at Talin.

“Come back anytime, Talin. You’ll always have a table here. We’re open from four in the evening, okay?”

He nodded and excused himself to go to the bathroom.

***

“Stop staring, he’s not going to disappear in the men’s room.” Katerina touched Dimitri's left arm. “I wish I could change your mind.”

Dimitri dragged his gaze away from Talin to meet Katerina’s concerned one.

“You’ve stated your thoughts on the matter. I’ve told you mine.”

“Yes, I get all that, but I’m really fond of Talin. I like him Dimitri. I don’t want to fight you for hurting him. So…”

“So?” Dimitri asked holding her gaze.

“Can you tell him the truth before he gets too involved with you?” Katerina dropped her gaze with a sigh. “At least let him decide whether you’re worth the trouble.”

Dimitri sighed and leaned on the wall.

“What if I don’t want him to decide? I don’t want him to have a reason to runaway from me, Kat.”

“Sometimes you have to take a chance,” Katerina said touching his jaw with a small smile. “Talin has a good head on his shoulders. I’m sure he’ll hear you out."

A young man brought a white pastry box, thankfully interrupting their topic.

Katerina inspected the packed trubochki and gave the young man a nod. She turned to Dimitri with a frown.

"You should probably leave through the kitchen. Lucian is in the dining room. He’s having dinner.”

Dimitri scowled.

Lucian Pajari, the bane of his existence. If it weren’t for Lucian, his life would be relatively peaceful. Damn it, why did Lucian insist on showing up here.

“I’ll go talk to him. He shouldn’t do this—,”

“Talin is coming back,” Katerina stopped him. “Lucian won’t cause harm. He’ll eat, and then leave. He's only flexing his muscles, letting us know not to forget him.”

“I don’t like it when he comes close to family.” Dimitri cursed under his breath when he saw Talin heading back toward them. “I’ll drop Talin off.”

“Dimitri.” Katerina touched his arm but Talin reached them.

“Ready?” Dimitri asked Talin with a wide smile.

“Yes. Kat, thank you again,” Talin said hugging her.

She gave him the white box, and Talin thanked her with a happy smile.

Dimitri took Talin’s hand and headed to the kitchen. He didn’t want Lucian anywhere close to Talin.

Outside, Talin hugged the pastry box Katerina gave him.

“Is it true you like these?”

Dimitri wrapped an arm around Talin’s shoulders as they went around the house to the front.

“My mother used to make them when we were kids. Every Sunday, we had them.”

They reached the parking lot and Dimitri scowled when he found Lucian’s black Ferrari parked right next to his Mazda.

Talin gave an appreciative whistle.

“Nice,” Talin said.

Dimitri unlocked the car and opened the door for Talin.

“Want me to get you one like it?”

Talin scoffed.

“No, thank you, I love my car.”

Dimitri grinned as Talin got in to the passenger side and he closed the door. Of course, Talin wouldn’t want a car bought for him.

Such a stubborn man, he thought as he walked around to the driver’s side.

Talin had opened the pastry box. He got one cream filled horn pastry and held it out.

“Take a bite.”

Dimitri took a bite, the addictive taste of lemon bursting in his mouth. Talin grinned and ate the rest. The front door opened and Dimitri froze when he saw Lucian standing there watching them.

Starting the car, Dimitri pulled out of the parking spot and drove out of the parking lot as fast as he could. Lucian was fishing.

Talin fed him another piece.

“Talin, can I ask you a question?”

“Sure.”

Talin looked relaxed, enjoying their dessert happily. Dimitri thought about Kat’s warning and felt fear creep in. The thought of telling Talin the truth too hard, he didn’t want to see rejection in Talin’s eyes.

Anything but that, he thought.

“Dimitri?” Talin prompted looking at him.

Dimitri cleared his throat.

“Did you have fun tonight?” he asked.

Talin studied him for a moment.

“Yeah,” Talin said with a pleased smile.

Dimitri nodded, sad when he turned into Vine Street. They reached the Talon too quickly. He drove to the back of the club, and parked close to the stairs leading to the second floor.

Talin closed the box.

“Do you want to come up for coffee?”

Dimitri didn’t want coffee. He wanted Talin.

Opening his door, he smiled when Talin did the same and got out. He followed Talin upstairs.

Talin opened the door to his loft, and paused at the door to remove his boots. Dimitri followed suit as Talin switched on the lights. He would have pulled Talin into his arms, but then he saw the black rose on the floor.

“Whoa,” Talin said bending to pick it up. “Wonder how that got here. A black rose, this has to be a joke from Lori.” Talin chuckled. “Wow, I’ve never seen one before. The petals are soft.”

Dimitri’s chest tightened, he could barely breathe. Wearing his shoes, he took the rose from Talin and pulled him in for a kiss to distract him.

“I can’t stay for the coffee,” he said, his lips against Talin’s smooth jaw. Talin’s gaze was half-closed when he looked at him. “I just wanted to get you home. Can I come over tomorrow morning? We can have breakfast together.”

Talin caressed his jaw.

“Can’t say I’m not disappointed you're leaving, but breakfast sounds good.”

Dimitri held Talin tight for a moment, hugging him close, breathing in his scent. He let go of Talin a minute later, taking the rose with him.

“Don’t finish the trubochki,” Dimitri teased as he opened the front door. “We can share it in the morning.”

Talin grinned as he closed the door.

Dimitri waited until he heard the lock turn. He stood staring at the black rose in his hand. He turned to leave and stopped when he saw Lucian standing a few feet away.

***

2014 Suilan Lee
  • Like 36
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a great date!

I'm looking forward to Demitri's mysterious life unfolding...and Talin's role in it!

Good job!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Lucian's the bad guy, isn't he? How did he pick up on Dimitri's interest in Talin? Is there a mole in The Talon? Will Dimitri tell Talin whats really going on? I've got ideas but will let you tell me. Great chapter, but now I'm wanting lemon flavored creme filled horn shaped pastry!! :funny:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

What I would like to know is, why is he so interested in Talon? Why does his family keep telling him to be careful? What happened in Talons past? All these questions!!!!! Keep up the good work!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Lots of detail here. Dimitri's reaction to drugs and the marina really stayed with me. So whose really dirty here? Dimitri, Lucian, ken.... the waiter?

A good read....

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This story is so great! I love how mysterious it is and I can't wait to find out what's really going on!!

Link to comment

And the plot begins to get more mysterious.

Very good chapter. When I reached the end, my thoughts were, noooo it cannot stop here. More, more, more!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Who the hell is Lucian now? And what the hell is Dimitri hiding from Talin? Why Katerina was warning Dimitri about being not to go too close to Talin? What does Dimitri do? Is he a drug-smuggler or something? OMG so many questions. I hope you answer them all soon, Sui because they are turning me crazy, lol.

The whole date scene and auro of Kat's house or restaurant was perfect with adequate amount of romance and intrigue in it. The possessive nature of Dimitri is damn sexy. I really love the chemistry between them but the mystery surrounding the couple makes me think what is going to happen in their love story now. Sui, you are doing a splendid job with this story. Congrats Girl. Please update soon.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/08/2014 03:27 AM, Robert Rex said:
What a great date!

I'm looking forward to Demitri's mysterious life unfolding...and Talin's role in it!

Good job!

Thanks Rob for reading,
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/08/2014 07:35 AM, LadyDe said:
Lucian's the bad guy, isn't he? How did he pick up on Dimitri's interest in Talin? Is there a mole in The Talon? Will Dimitri tell Talin whats really going on? I've got ideas but will let you tell me. Great chapter, but now I'm wanting lemon flavored creme filled horn shaped pastry!! :funny:
Hehe so many questions indeed, I do give up some answers in the next chapter, but still the mysteries continue. As for dessert, those creme filled pastries are to die for. :-)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/08/2014 08:34 AM, Chezakeeba said:
What I would like to know is, why is he so interested in Talon? Why does his family keep telling him to be careful? What happened in Talons past? All these questions!!!!! Keep up the good work!
Hi Chezakeeba, yes the questions keep coming don't they, hehe, I'm just loving the mystery too, I promise to give answers soon. Thanks for reading. :-)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/08/2014 10:30 AM, Nlaudenslager said:
Lots of detail here. Dimitri's reaction to drugs and the marina really stayed with me. So whose really dirty here? Dimitri, Lucian, ken.... the waiter?

A good read....

No one is clean, is all I can say, ha, I'm loving that about this story, everyone is living the best they can with what they got. Thanks for reading and the comments. :-)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/08/2014 12:40 PM, Gene63 said:
A lot of mystery in this story. I look forward to watching it unfold and the answers come.
Thanks Gene, keep reading. :-)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/09/2014 06:05 AM, adlkg said:
This story is so great! I love how mysterious it is and I can't wait to find out what's really going on!!
Hope to keep your interest, thanks for reading. :-)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/09/2014 07:46 AM, JimP said:
And the plot begins to get more mysterious.

Very good chapter. When I reached the end, my thoughts were, noooo it cannot stop here. More, more, more!

Lol JimP you make me smile, thank you. I'll type faster now.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/11/2014 08:37 PM, sacredlove said:
Who the hell is Lucian now? And what the hell is Dimitri hiding from Talin? Why Katerina was warning Dimitri about being not to go too close to Talin? What does Dimitri do? Is he a drug-smuggler or something? OMG so many questions. I hope you answer them all soon, Sui because they are turning me crazy, lol.

The whole date scene and auro of Kat's house or restaurant was perfect with adequate amount of romance and intrigue in it. The possessive nature of Dimitri is damn sexy. I really love the chemistry between them but the mystery surrounding the couple makes me think what is going to happen in their love story now. Sui, you are doing a splendid job with this story. Congrats Girl. Please update soon.

I aim to please you, Sacred so I've been hard at work on the next chapter which is up now, some answers possibly more questions for you. Definitely some more T& D holding each other. Hehe, this story just keeps surprising me too. Lucian is a character I'm going to have a hard time hating lolz.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..