Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,114 Words
  • 6,660 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Healing Heart - 5. Chapter 5

5

“I like your new boyfriend.”

Dimitri gritted his teeth not moving a muscle. They stood in the Talon’s parking lot. Lucian leaning on his Ferrari, Dimitri stood by his Mazda. The space was necessary. Any closer and Dimitri would not manage to hold back his anger. He hated the smirk on Lucian’s face.

Gripping the black rose tight, he held it up.

“Is this your idea of a joke?”

Lucian folded his arms against his chest with a whistle.

“I think I’m not the only one reminding you of your business. Don’t you think it’s funny?”

Dimitri threw the rose at Lucian’s feet.

“Veiled threats don't suit you, Lucian.” Dimitri looked around the parking lot. The club was still open. “This is also not the best place for this. We should go elsewhere.”

Lucian picked up the black rose from the tarmac, inspecting the fragile dark petals in the streetlights.

“Your problem Dimitri is that you think everything is solved by bulldozing. From your business at the marina, and now I see you’re the same with personal matters. That handsome Talin has no idea what you are. Should I tell him?”

Dimitri closed the distance between them and grabbed Lucian’s neat tie, tugging it hard.

“One hair falls off his head, one, Lucian,” Dimitri hissed. “You’ll wish you’d killed me when you had the chance.”

Dimitri let go and stepped back.

Lucian coughed and adjusted his tie.

“You’re such a fucking brute,” Lucian said. “I was taking stock of where your heart lies. It seems I need to include the Talon into my routine schedule.”

“I don’t want you here,” Dimitri snapped. Talin didn’t deserve to be part of this stupid charade he was running. “The Talon is out of bounds.”

Lucian adjusted his suit jacket and straightened up to his full height.

“It’s not your place to make that decision, and you know it, Dimitri. If you’d stayed away from him, I wouldn’t need to keep an eye on him. Now, about the shipment last night—,”

“We spent the night unpacking and transporting it across town to the warehouse you designated. There were no screw-ups on our side.”

“Yes, we’re lucky you’re such a stickler for details. Your marina has turned into quite an asset. Dimitri, I have to admit, when I first met you, I didn’t like you at all.”

“I don’t like you either.”

“Ouch,” Lucian chuckled. “Here I was about to declare how interesting you’re getting. No matter, I think you’re ready.”

Dimitri narrowed his gaze.

“Ready for what?” he asked half-afraid.

He’d waited so long, for it to happen now…

“Vlad wants to meet you tonight.”

Dimitri held Lucian’s gaze, everything inside him stilling. He’d waited four years for this. All those years, peddling dirty merchandise to the shore for Lucian like a good servant. Just when he’d thought, it was never going to happen—he'd even decided to meet Talin.

Jeez, why did the bastard choose now of all times?

“Where?” Dimitri asked.

“You don’t get to know.” Lucian unlocked his car. He reached in to the backseat and produced a black strip of cloth. “You get to rest your eyes for a while. We should get going. Only if you’re interested, Dimitri. There’s no turning back if you agree. Know that you’re dragging Lukas, Katerina and now Talin into this.”

“I don’t understand why my family—

“We’ve had this argument,” Lucian said, his tone harsh. “You can’t trust a man without strong ties. However, when you do trust him, then you must know his weaknesses thoroughly. Your family is your weakness, Dimitri. So, whatever happens to them is up to you. Now, are you in? Or do I get to shoot you dead.”

Dimitri scoffed.

His gaze strayed to the second floor of the club. The living room lights were on; Talin hadn’t gone to sleep yet. Dimitri wished he could turn away from Lucian and head back up the stairs.

Dimitri turned back to Lucian who held up the black strip of cloth. Taking it, Dimitri walked around the Ferrari to the passenger side. Once he was settled, he tied the cloth over his eyes.

“Great decision,” Lucian praised when he slid into the driver’s side. “Look at it this way; no one will mess with your little boyfriend from now on. Those are the perks of joining us, Dimitri.”

Dimitri wasn’t sure how he could consider the Brotherhood following his family a reward. The risks he was taking…he closed his eyes and settled for the ride. Thankfully, Lucian didn’t need to talk on their drive. Instead, Lucian turned the radio on. Classical music filled the Ferrari’s interior, strange choice for a man like Lucian Pajari. Dimitri had expected hard rock or metal. The music was soothing, enough for Dimitri’s thoughts to stray to the first time he'd heard of the Brotherhood.

Four years ago, Dimitri returned to Colston for his father’s funeral. Lukas and Katerina met him at the airport wearing somber expressions. They'd all been shocked by the news. Ivan Sedlackov had been one of those men who seemed invincible.

Dimitri had helped Lukas with the funeral arrangements a sense of great loss weighing on his shoulders. The only way to soothe that loss had been to leave Colston again, so, he'd also been preparing to leave right after the funeral.

Until he’d found Lukas drinking in their father’s study the night after they buried their father.

“You should stop.”

Dimitri took the glass from Lukas, but his younger brother grabbed the bottle and took a healthy swig.

“Lukas, drinking won’t bring Papa back. He was old you know. He’s gone to be with mama.”

“You’re so optimistic, Dimitri. Papa is no saint. He’s gone to hell.”

Dimitri sighed quite aware that Lukas was angry. His brother hadn’t stopped drinking once through the wake and funeral. Katerina busied herself in the kitchen feeding the town, cooking day and night as though she were in a cooking marathon. Dimitri stared into the glass he’d taken from Lukas.

“Are you going to tell me what’s going on?”

Lukas looked at him.

“Why do you care? You’re heading off to your life as some sort of government agent. You don’t even tell me what you’re doing anymore.”

“I can’t,” Dimitri said. “You know I can’t.”

“Yeah,” Lukas sighed. “It’s no wonder Papa didn’t trust you. He always said not to trust someone who can’t tell you what they’re doing. Please, leave, Dimitri.”

Dimitri slammed the glass he held on their father’s desk.

“Enough, Lukas,” he said. “You chose to stay here and take over the marina. I didn’t want that, so I left. I haven’t interfered with you, Lukas. You practically own this marina. Why are you so bitter now?”

“Papa wanted you to take over the marina, did you know that?” Lukas asked meeting Dimitri’s gaze. “I bet you didn’t because he never told you.”

“I don’t need the marina, Lukas.”

“You heard what his lawyer said,” Lukas said. “Papa left it to both of us, sharing the profits in equal parts. You inherited the house.”

“Is this about his properties? I’ll give the house to you,” Dimitri said thinking he made enough in his job to settle elsewhere. “Besides, Papa thought I’d fill it with grandchildren. We both know I’m not the one to do that. You and Katerina deserve it. Why don’t you tell me what’s really bothering you?”

Lukas sighed and shook his head.

“Why are you so good to me? Why can’t you fight with me so I send you away and we never have to have this conversation?”

“Do you want to fight with me?”

“I want you to yell at me.” Lukas pushed the bottle away and ran fingers through his hair. “I want us to fight, break ties, so I don’t have to tell you—

“Tell me what?” Dimitri asked.

Lukas blinked at him.

“Lukas?” Dimitri asked.

Lukas wiped a hand down his face.

“Papa was murdered.”

“No.” Dimitri shook his head. “I checked the pathologist’s records. Papa died of a heart attack out on the Anastasia. He loved that boat too much. He shouldn’t have been out there alone.”

“That’s what they wanted you to think.” Lukas shook his head and stood up. Hands shaking he walked around the chair to the windows. “There are things about Papa he couldn’t tell you.”

“What things?” Dimitri asked staring at his brother in shock. “Who are you talking about? Who is this telling you stories?”

“The Brotherhood,” Lukas said in a whisper.

Dimitri chuckled.

“Alright, you’ve had too much to drink. Time for you to find Katerina, and let her soothe you…hmm, this drinking is not good for you.”

“Will you listen to me?” Lukas snapped. “We’re in trouble, Dimitri. I don’t know how to protect Katerina from this. They showed up here—,”

“Who showed up here?”

“Three men from the Brotherhood—

Lukas was sounding like a madman. Dimitri chuckled and tossed back the drink he’d taken from his brother. The whiskey burned down his throat, clearing his head.

“I’m getting a headache listening to you. You’re saying three men from ‘the Brotherhood’, came to tell you they killed Papa? Lukas, I know you like watching action movies, but this is going overboard. Papa was old. He had a bad heart.”

Lukas returned to the desk and unlocked the top drawer. He removed a brown envelope and placed it on the desk. Lukas’s eyes were tinged with red, he looked on the verge of a breakdown, and Dimitri didn’t like it.

Worried for his brother’s state of mind, Dimitri picked up the envelope. Untying the opening, he upended the contents on the table and pictures fell out.

Giving Lukas a confused glance, he picked up one of the photographs. The pictures were black and white. Their father, Ivan, stood holding a gun, his gaze on a man lying face down on the floor. Dimitri felt his blood run cold. Spreading the pictures, he stared at proof of their father shooting a man. The pictures showed a sequence of the man standing, their father shooting, ending with the man dead on the floor.

“What is this?” Dimitri asked Lukas. “Are you sure these photographs are not doctored?”

“That’s Papa,” Lukas said in a tight voice. “The man lying dead in the pictures is someone called Ilia Pajari. He’s supposed to be a brother to a Lucian. Those men who came said Papa worked with them...with the Brotherhood. They said that he made a mistake choosing to leave like this. So, they had him killed.”

Dimitri went through the pictures again.

His father didn’t seem like the man he knew. Ivan looked different, hardened, far from the warm man he knew, had known all his life. The man in these pictures looked ruthless, hard, and ready to do anything. Dimitri had met many men like that.

He stepped back from the desk.

“Tell me again, who came here?” Dimitri asked. “What did they tell you?”

“They brought those photos. Something about seeing blood for blood and that now that Ivan was dead, I had to take over his work.”

“Blood for blood?” Dimitri repeated. “Did they use that specific phrase?”

“Yes.” Lukas shook his head. “I didn’t know what they meant, but seeing those pictures…” Lukas met Dimitri’s gaze. “I’m scared, Dimitri. What was father doing? How could we not have known? Huh? How could he do this? Why?”

Dimitri lifted his hand.

“Calm down, Lukas.”

“How can I calm down?” Lukas asked, tears running down his face. “What happens if Kat gets pregnant? She wants kids, a family. Can you imagine having them grow up in this? The Brotherhood doesn’t sound so family-oriented, Dimitri.”

Dimitri’s gaze returned to the pictures. He didn’t know if this was true, but he didn’t want to judge his father too soon. Ivan Sedlackov was a good man, a family man. There was no way their father would have done this. The photos looked real but they could also be false. Someone staging a scene, he’d done it more than once.

“Lukas,” he said moving to the table. Dimitri collected the photographs and put them into the envelope. “I’ll handle this.”

“Just like that,” Lukas said studying him. “Aren’t you in the least bit angry about what Papa has done here? That man in the picture, I can’t reconcile him with the father who sat at the kitchen table with us.”

Dimitri dropped the envelope on the desk and went to give Lukas a tight hug.

“It’s going to be fine,” he soothed his brother. “We’ll get to the bottom of this. Come on, I’ll take you upstairs. Kat is probably worried about you.”

“You’re handling me,” Lukas said in protest.

“Of course,” Dimitri said with a small laugh.

He pressed a kiss on his brother’s forehead.

“I’m your big brother. I handle the problems. Come, Lukas. You’re drunk and Papa’s funeral was hard on all of us. You need sleep. Tomorrow, things will make sense.”

Lukas sighed.

“Yeah, you’re probably right. Even though, I don’t think they’ll get better soon, Dimitri. Whoever the Brotherhood is, they want the marina. They’ll fight us for it.”

“They won’t get it,” Dimitri promised as they headed upstairs…

 

That night was the start of this journey, Dimitri thought now.

He’d spent all his hours since then building a reputation that would ensure he met the head of this Brotherhood.

“We’re here,” Lucian said beside him. “Try to be cordial.”

Dimitri removed the black cloth from his eyes and blinked when bright lights assaulted his eyes. Rubbing them, he stared at the brightly lit room.

“Is this your garage?” Dimitri asked looking around the white room. “Your electricity bill must cost a fortune.”

Lucian chuckled and got out of the Ferrari.

“It’s more of a bunker. No windows for you to peep out and tell our location, the walls are fortified, no outside sound.”

“So careful,” Dimitri said, his gaze sweeping the room anyway.

Lucian led the way to a door on his right. He opened it with a flourish to reveal stairs that led down to a sub-floor. The stairs led to a well-lit corridor with a door at the end.

Dimitri followed behind Lucian. At the end of the corridor, Lucian opened the door surprising Dimitri further.

After all the clinical lighting and stark walls, the room Lucian led him to was warm, more like a home. The living room was decorated with rich colors: reds, gold and burgundies dominating the decor. The hardwood floors highly polished.

Lucian led the way through a short hallway to a bright kitchen. Dimitri paused when he saw a woman decorating a cake at one of the tables. Her long black hair held back with a pink scarf. She wore a pink apron with little apples decorating it. She didn’t look up from the decoration she was making.

“I’ve brought him,” Lucian said.

“Lucian, will you go check on the kids. I don’t want them to see the cake yet. I want it to be a surprise.”

Lucian nodded and left the kitchen through a second door to their left.

“Dimitri Sedlackov.”

The woman looked up with a small smile. She was older, possibly in her early fifties. He doubted she was a great beauty at a younger age, plain-faced maybe. Her power was in her eyes, brown sharp eyes that missed nothing. She wiped her hands on a towel and stepped back to study the cake.

“I’ve worked on this all evening.” She looked at him. “Won’t you come tell me if you like it?”

Dimitri moved closer to the table littered with baking accessories. The cake was pink; she’d made little white flowers on the edges.

“It looks good.”

She chuckled.

“You flatter me. I’m sure your sister does a better job at this. I should have asked her to make the cake. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it.”

Dimitri studied the cake and shook his head.

“No, this is good. A cake always tastes better when it comes from the heart.”

She looked up with a small frown.

“Well said, Dimitri, a bit unexpected from a man with your reputation. I hope Lucian was kind to you when he brought you here.”

“He did his best,” Dimitri said.

“Lucian always does his best,” she said. She held out a slender hand. “I’m sure your first question is where Vlad is.”

Dimitri took the offered hand.

“I don’t need to ask. You are Vlad.”

She chuckled.

“Quite smart, aren’t you? How did you know?”

“The living room,” he said.

“Living room?” she frowned, studying him for a moment. “Looks like I’ll have to be on my toes with you. I approve. I like a challenge. Lucian brought you today because of your good work lately. We’ve rarely had a smooth run in shipments. Your marina is handy, Dimitri. I’m tempted to take it over.”

“We run smooth because the local people are familiar with us,” Dimitri said. “New faces would raise suspicion.”

“Perhaps the only reason I haven’t made the move to take over your quaint business,” she answered. “You handled the Caleb Barnes scandal well. I didn’t like seeing your name in the papers. It drew too much attention.”

“People think I worked with Caleb. Even though I’m not under arrest, they suspect I managed to weasel away. The negative attention is useful in some circles,” he said.

“Caleb Barnes deserves what he’s going to get for trying to swindle me. Lucian took care of his nephew. We’re left with Ken Luther. Do you happen to know where we can find him?”

Dimitri had suspected the Brotherhood had screwed Caleb Barnes over, but to have it so clearly stated. He frowned.

“Is this what I expect when you’re done working with me?”

“You get what you work for,” Vlad said with a small mysterious smile.

She removed her apron to reveal an elegant navy dress that hugged her figure to perfection. She dropped the apron on the table, took the cake, and nodded toward the door Lucian had gone through.

“Come, I’ll explain our alliance further, Dimitri Sedlackov.”

***

Vlad, it was strange to think of a woman with such a name, led the way into a dining room with a long table. Four men sat sipping wine on one side, they laughed as they talked. The mood seemed festive. Lucian sat across them, his attention on his phone. When Lucian saw Vlad walk in, he stood, and the men quieted down.

“Gentlemen, dessert took longer than I imagined,” Vlad said as she took the cake to the table. “I hope you like my chocolate cake.”

Dimitri had imagined little children would be having the cake. What with the flowers, he frowned watching as Vlad got a knife and four plates from the side table.

“It has been quite a night,” one of the men, said. “You’re the best cook in town, Vlad.”

Vlad didn’t talk. She simply cut the cake into four slices and served it on four plates. She handed the plates to the men and smiled.

“Please, taste it.”

Dimitri glanced at Lucian and frowned to see him tense.

Dimitri’s gaze returned to the men eating the cake.

Two bites, three bites, he stepped back when the first one choked, giving a violent cough.

Vlad turned to look at him.

“These men, I treated them like my own family. I fed them, clothed them, gave them money, and educated their families. We worked well together. Until they decided to sell my cocaine to Caleb Barnes,” she scoffed, shaking her head with a sneer. “I couldn’t believe they’d dare to do that to me.”

“Me,” she growled.

“I’ll go get the clean-up crew,” Lucian said leaving the room.

The four men had gone silent. Slumped on the table in various morbid positions, Dimitri didn’t think he’d look at a cake quite the same way again.

He met Vlad’s gaze and she smiled at him.

“You understand our alliance now, don’t you?” she asked. “I don’t take kindly to betrayal, Mr. Sedlackov.”

Yes, he’d gotten that quite clear.

“Good,” she said with a happy clap. “Now, let’s talk business in a more pleasant setting. I was pleased with your work with my money. I have a fresh shipment coming next week. I need your help to plan it. The cargo is very….delicate. I’d love to listen to your ideas on how to get it into Colston quietly…”

***

The sun was almost rising when Lucian dropped Dimitri at the Talon. Vlad was a woman he couldn’t say no to. She’d kept him talking for hours. He was caught between awe and disgust at her intelligence and equal madness.

“Why is she called Vlad?” he asked Lucian before he opened the passenger door.

Lucian tapped his finger on the steering wheel.

“Her husband headed the Brotherhood. His name was Vlad. When he died, she simply took his place. Don’t screw up, Dimitri. She’s no lightweight.”

“I didn’t think she was,” Dimitri answered as he got out of the car. “See you, Lucian.”

Dimitri slammed the door closed and watched Lucian drive away. Looking at his car, he reached into his pocket for his keys…but then, his gaze strayed to Talin’s door on the second floor.

***

Talin rolled over on his bed frowning at the banging in his head. It felt like he was going insane. He hadn’t drunk too much last night.

Why was his head throbbing?

The banging persisted, and he lifted his head realizing the banging wasn’t in his head but at his front door. Groaning, he searched for his phone under his pillows. When he finally found it, he peered at the time.

Five-thirty in the morning…what was happening?

Eyes heavy with sleep, barely conscious, Talin stumbled out of his bed. Scratching his jaw as he left his bedroom, he went down the corridor to the living room. Not bothering with any light, he demanded at the door.

“Who is it?”

His voice sounded rough to him. He tugged on his sleeveless t-shirt scratching his stomach.

“Talin, open for me,” Dimitri’s voice sobered him.

Talin opened the locks and opened the door. Dimitri stood with his hands braced on either side of his door. He looked tired, still in the suit he’d worn to dinner.

Gods, sinfully handsome was starting to take on a new meaning.

“Hey,” he said.

Yeah, his thought process was off. His brain could only register the sight of Dimitri.

Dimitri stepped closer, invading his personal space. Talin’s breath caught, and then Dimitri pulled him into his arms. Damn it, he loved how the man did that. Took possession of him with a simple grab…Talin moaned when Dimitri kissed him. He wrapped his arms around Dimitri’s neck and a gasp escaped when Dimitri leaned and lifted him up into his arms. Talin wrapped his legs around Dimitri’s waist.

“Close the door,” Dimitri said roughly.

Talin pushed the heavy door closed and chuckled when Dimitri shifted him closer.

“This is a pleasant surprise,” he said as Dimitri walked down the corridor to his bedroom. “Couldn’t sleep? If you were going to come back at five in the morning, why did you leave?”

Dimitri pressed a kiss on his collarbone and took him to the rumpled bed.

“You smell good…warm.”

“That’s really nice to know after I’ve woken up,” Talin said with a sleepy chuckle as Dimitri dropped him on the bed.

Lifting up on his elbows, he watched Dimitri take off his suit jacket and shirt. Dimitri’s muscles rippled as he undid his belt and pushed down his trousers. Talin felt weak just looking at Dimitri. Imagining running his fingers over Dimitri's strong shoulders…he sighed in disappointment when Dimitri left his black boxer shorts on.

“What, you’re stopping there?” Talin asked.

Dimitri moved to lie beside him, tugging the covers over them.

“I’ll let you do the rest later,” Dimitri said.

Dimitri wrapped his arms around him, and Talin let his hands rove over Dimitri’s arms, his broad shoulders. He wrapped his arms around Dimitri, pressing their bodies close.

Dimitri buried his head in Talin’s shoulder with a sigh.

“Let me hold you like this for a while, Talin. Just for a time.”

Talin frowned. Dimitri sounded tired. Tugging the blankets higher, he rubbed Dimitri’s back, offering comfort.

“Are you okay? Couldn’t you sleep?”

“Not a wink,” Dimitri said.

Talin pressed a kiss on Dimitri’s shoulder and savored the feel of holding Dimitri in his arms.

"I got you, Dimitri."

***

2014 Suilan Lee
  • Like 38
  • Wow 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

And the plot thickens... Very well done! I'm truly impressed that you created two characters that I love already... Can't wait for more!!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/15/2014 09:57 AM, Mikeymike88 said:
And the plot thickens... Very well done! I'm truly impressed that you created two characters that I love already... Can't wait for more!!!
Thank you Mikey, please look forward to more.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I GOT it!!! Dimitri's undercover trying to bring down the Brotherhood. But 'Vlad' is going to be hard to capture. Talin is going to have to be strong because he's about find out about the underbelly of Colston. Great chapter with lots of backstory and information. Looking forward to more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great chapter! Thanks for the info about Dimitri, really helps get a good picture of him. Can't wait for the next one!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/15/2014 10:50 AM, LadyDe said:
I GOT it!!! Dimitri's undercover trying to bring down the Brotherhood. But 'Vlad' is going to be hard to capture. Talin is going to have to be strong because he's about find out about the underbelly of Colston. Great chapter with lots of backstory and information. Looking forward to more.
Ahhh! I feel like I've given up everything now...lol ^_^ Going to the corner to find new ways to make LadyDe keep guessing....thanks for reading so much...:)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/15/2014 12:00 PM, Chezakeeba said:
Great chapter! Thanks for the info about Dimitri, really helps get a good picture of him. Can't wait for the next one!
Thank you Chezakeeba, look forward to more. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Dimitri IS a character...and a finely developed, multi-dimensional one. I'm enjoying his budding relationship with Talin, but like LadyDe, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is he an undercover cop? A vampire or shape-shifter? A down-low stockbroker with a thirst for revenge for his father's death? There's more here, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the story!

Good job--nicely done writing, filling us in on history, but leaving us wanting more! You did well!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow! This isn't a huge jump for you given your last story. I hope these two are able to come out in the end, together, like the others. I'm surprised that Kat can handle such scary stuff in stride. If she truly knows how imbedded Dimitri is, I am surprised she wasn't upset to have him in her restaurant. I'm a bit relieved, ok not very much, that Dimitri might be working with the government, but this is still way too dangerous. I think a group like this would have someone ready to take over the business even if the head were cut off the snake. Is Lucian her son? Did the father kill his brother, possibly her son? He is clearly at the top of the food chain in this group, but even he sounded slightly scared. He sounded like he was warning Dimitri off when he spoke of his family being his weakness and bringing them into it. Sounds like they were already into it by the nature of their father's death.

I can't imagine why Dimitri got involved in this when he knew he'd be putting his family in danger. They'd already killed one member. How could Lukas support it? If I were Talin, attraction or not, I'd tell him to go fly a kite. There is no way I'd put my business and moreso my life on the line for someone who chose such a dangerous job. I'm surprised that Dimitri didn't worry Talin would go check on seems like the type that would have. Wasn't he afraid that he or the girl who works for him (can't remember her name) would see his car was still there? Talin just had to look out his window.

Dimitri is very far into this. I think his finally approaching Talin was the reason he was brought in, b/c as Lucian said, they know his weaknesses. I am sure they knew he was watching him obsessively and protecting him by threatening types like Ken and the other men being a problem, they know how he feels about Talin.

that scene where she kills the men was pretty messed up! looking forward to more. I just Dimitri talks to Talin before he leaves!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great chapter! As always a very good story. Love your characters. Hope Dimitri is the one laughing last though. Would love to see D and the Talon getting and staying together

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/16/2014 02:35 AM, Robert Rex said:
Dimitri IS a character...and a finely developed, multi-dimensional one. I'm enjoying his budding relationship with Talin, but like LadyDe, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Is he an undercover cop? A vampire or shape-shifter? A down-low stockbroker with a thirst for revenge for his father's death? There's more here, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the story!

Good job--nicely done writing, filling us in on history, but leaving us wanting more! You did well!

Lolz, your imagination is so much fun Robert. It had me wishing Dimitri is a shape-shifter, vampire...warlock...lol. Thanks for always reading.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/16/2014 04:44 AM, Smoothy said:
Great chapter! As always a very good story. Love your characters. Hope Dimitri is the one laughing last though. Would love to see D and the Talon getting and staying together
Thank you Smoothy for reading and loving D and Talon.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/16/2014 04:28 AM, Cannd said:
Wow! This isn't a huge jump for you given your last story. I hope these two are able to come out in the end, together, like the others. I'm surprised that Kat can handle such scary stuff in stride. If she truly knows how imbedded Dimitri is, I am surprised she wasn't upset to have him in her restaurant. I'm a bit relieved, ok not very much, that Dimitri might be working with the government, but this is still way too dangerous. I think a group like this would have someone ready to take over the business even if the head were cut off the snake. Is Lucian her son? Did the father kill his brother, possibly her son? He is clearly at the top of the food chain in this group, but even he sounded slightly scared. He sounded like he was warning Dimitri off when he spoke of his family being his weakness and bringing them into it. Sounds like they were already into it by the nature of their father's death.

I can't imagine why Dimitri got involved in this when he knew he'd be putting his family in danger. They'd already killed one member. How could Lukas support it? If I were Talin, attraction or not, I'd tell him to go fly a kite. There is no way I'd put my business and moreso my life on the line for someone who chose such a dangerous job. I'm surprised that Dimitri didn't worry Talin would go check on seems like the type that would have. Wasn't he afraid that he or the girl who works for him (can't remember her name) would see his car was still there? Talin just had to look out his window.

Dimitri is very far into this. I think his finally approaching Talin was the reason he was brought in, b/c as Lucian said, they know his weaknesses. I am sure they knew he was watching him obsessively and protecting him by threatening types like Ken and the other men being a problem, they know how he feels about Talin.

that scene where she kills the men was pretty messed up! looking forward to more. I just Dimitri talks to Talin before he leaves!

Cannd!!

 

This reply has been long overdue...forgive me? I'm glad you found this story too. Yes, I'll admit, sometimes my imagination scares me too...lol. Dimitri is a complex character even for me, I guess that changes with every story..but this one, Dimitri is this character am sort of extracting as he comes to me. I think the reason why I haven't clearly defined him as government or gangster is that I don't want to...lol..does that make sense? I like his nature, unknown...I don't know what to do with him, short of falling in love with him...lol. He does what he wants, damn it. Which works with the story am creating here, I feel like I can do anything with him. The one constant in Dimitri's life, that I know and you know he wants, is Talin, only Talin, and that's just so much fun to work with.

 

So, I'd say this story is going to have the "What's right/What's wrong" compass bordering on the grey areas most of the time... :) You're right when it comes to the question of Dimitri choosing to get closer to Talin while he's in so deep. Talin is the 'innocent' so far, and it feels a bit wrong to drag him in without telling him. Dimitri struggles a lot with that, and that will come out in the coming chapters. And I think that's why I have so much fun with this, because Dimitri's love could turn him into a villain in terms of his relationship with Talin. Just imagine when the truth comes out...Talin could definitely go nuclear...hehehe...

 

Vlad is freaky, she scared me too...:o

 

Thank you for reading Cannd, and I do so enjoy your insights into my stories. They give me new angles into the plot all the time. Thanks.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

First of all, I'm damn happy that you are back and posting new chapters. I've missed you.Welcome back.

 

About the story, it was a great chapter. We get to know Dimitri better. Vlad, the lady vamp impressed me. I found her silent but dangerous personality somehow appealing. I want to see more of her. After an intense chapter the ending of it was kind of relaxed and soothing.

 

Great work Sui, hopping onto next chapter:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 03/21/2015 06:20 PM, sacredlove said:
First of all, I'm damn happy that you are back and posting new chapters. I've missed you.Welcome back.

 

About the story, it was a great chapter. We get to know Dimitri better. Vlad, the lady vamp impressed me. I found her silent but dangerous personality somehow appealing. I want to see more of her. After an intense chapter the ending of it was kind of relaxed and soothing.

 

Great work Sui, hopping onto next chapter:)

Thank you Sacred. I love that you call Vlad the lady vamp, she's freaky right. She'll soon feature highly on the scale of things, so look forward to more Vladmpire...lolz.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

The Brotherhood and Vlad sound so scary and crazy :o I've been thinking, perhaps Dimitri is some kind of secret government agent. I hope he's not a common criminal :/

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Vlad, Lucian, i thought it was going into some vampire things 😂

yes i agree : Dimitri seems to be on undercover 👍

Edited by Danilo Syrtis
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..