Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 4,685 Words
  • 7,233 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Healing Heart - 3. Chapter 3

3

Talin leaned on the bar counter, his gaze roaming the crowd of people in his club. It was only six o'clock, but customers were filing in.

“Looking for Dimitri?” Lori asked coming up to the counter with a tray. She called out an order to the bartender, and then returned her attention to him. “It's too early for him, you know.”

“I wasn’t looking for him.” Talin straightened and made a show of arranging the papers he’d printed out in his office. “I need to put these up.”

Lori took one and grinned.

“We’re finally hiring.”

“Don’t smile that hard.” Talin sighed. “It’s not easy getting the right person. We might hire idiots who’ll quit on their second day.”

“Stay positive, boss,” Lori said as she took her order from the bartender. “Don’t worry; I’ll do the interviews with you. You just get them in here.”

Talin took the papers and went to post them at the entrance. He pinned one on the messy notice board at the entrance. It was full of adverts: calls for band members, for sale posters. He adjusted a few to make space for his own.

“About time, boss,” one of the doormen said behind him.

Talin turned to find Steve, a tall ex-military man, standing a few feet away. He’d hired Steve because he had the strength and wits to control unruly customers without mishandling them. Steve was in-charge of the Talon’s security.

Remembering Dimitri’s story about Ken Luther, Talin motioned for Steve to follow him outside. Talin stepped out into the cool evening, Steve right behind him.

“What’s going on boss?” Steve asked.

Getting tape from his pocket, Talin stuck the hiring notice on the door.

“Did you know that Ken was selling drugs?” Talin asked Steve.

“No.”

Talin smoothed his hand over the notice and turned to study Steve in the fading sunlight.

“Are you sure?” Talin asked.

“You know me, boss. I’d never have let him stay had I known. I’d have told you the moment I caught him.”

Talin frowned. Steve had worked for him longer than Ken. The man had good work ethics, but still...Ken’s story made him uneasy. Talin’s frown deepened. He’d thought he knew Ken well. If it weren’t for Dimitri, he’d never have known what Ken did.

“I need you to do me a favor.”

“Anything, boss,” Steve said.

“If you see Ken around here, let me know immediately.”

“Boss, what’s going on?” Steve asked a frown dancing on his forehead.

Talin shook his head. “Just watch out for Ken Luther, Steve. I don’t want him in my club.”

Steve studied him for a moment then nodded. “Consider it done, boss.”

Talin gave Steve a small smile. “Thanks, Steve. You can get back to work.”

“Aren’t you coming in?” Steve asked as he turned to head back to the club.

“In a few minutes,” Talin said, holding out the tape. “Give this to Lori.”

Steve took the tape, then turned and went into the club.

Talin let out a soft sigh as he walked to the front steps of the club. The parking lot was already filling with cars. He nodded at a couple who walked up the steps heading to the entrance. A cool wind swept in and he pulled his leather jacket closed, tugging the zipper up to his neck.

His gaze strayed to the busy road beyond the parking lot. Vine Street. Down his left, the street continued on to the Colston downtown area. To his right, Vine Street went on to connect to Lakeshore Boulevard. The properties on that road were right by the lake. Having the lake so close, affected the weather conditions most times. It was mid-September and the nights were getting cool.

Talin shivered, missing the heat of summer. It was interesting how he’d ended up settling in another cold region. He’d been born in New York, gone through school and college there too. Those days, no one would have believed Talin Sato would end up living in a small town in Ohio. Painful nostalgia started to flood in, and he squelched those memories ruthlessly, deciding to focus on the now.

He lived in the present, the next minute, and the next hour. It was better this way.

“Talin,” Dimitri’s voice cut through his thoughts.

He looked up to find Dimitri standing a few feet away. The kiss in Dimitri’s kitchen filled his thoughts.

“What are you doing out here? You’re going to catch a cold,” Dimitri said coming up to stand in front of him. “Or were you waiting for me?”

“No,” Talin said shaking his head, though he knew he’d been waiting.

Dimitri nodded.

“I wasn’t going to come.”

Dimitri stepped closer and kissed Talin’s jaw.

Dimitri’s scent flooded him, an intoxicating mixture of the sea, spice, warmth and home. Talin pressed his forehead on Dimitri’s shoulder.

“Why did you come then?” Talin asked.

“I wanted to see you,” Dimitri said sinking fingers into Talin’s hair. “I figured a call wasn’t going to be enough.”

Talin let a sigh escape when Dimitri wrapped his arms around him. It was strange how safe he felt in Dimitri’s arms. The night before he’d been afraid of Dimitri, now…he wanted to get as close as he could.

“I can’t stay tonight.” Dimitri buried his face in Talin’s hair.

Talin closed his eyes and clutched Dimitri’s black t-shirt.

“Where are you going?”

“Business,” Dimitri said rubbing his hand over Talin’s back. “I can’t cancel; otherwise I would stay with you. I couldn’t wait for tomorrow night to see you.”

Talin lifted his head to look at Dimitri in the fading sunlight.

“Will you go inside when I leave?” Dimitri asked his pale blue eyes filled with concern.

Talin nodded, thinking it strange having someone worry about him. That the person doing the worrying was Dimitri was even stranger.

Dimitri grinned, a sexy curve of his lips, showing off perfect teeth.

“Will you kiss me goodnight?”

Talin chuckled.

“Is that what you came here for?”

“Yes, and for your good luck to rub off on me.”

“Do you need good luck?” Talin asked with a frown. “What type of business are you going to do, Dimitri?”

Dimitri pressed a kiss on Talin’s forehead. “It’s nothing to worry about.”

“Are you sure?” Talin asked studying Dimitri’s face.

Talin wished he knew Dimitri better so he could tell what the older man was thinking. Dimitri’s pale blue eyes were hard to read.

“I’m sure,” Dimitri said with a slight smile. “Kiss me?”

Talin dropped his gaze to Dimitri’s lips. He’d thought about them all afternoon. Through his grocery shopping trip, when he came back to the club…he slid his arms around Dimitri’s neck. That kiss in Dimitri’s kitchen, he couldn’t get it out of his head. He tugged Dimitri’s head lower, and brushed a teasing kiss on Dimitri’s lips.

He met Dimitri’s gaze and smiled.

“Tease,” Dimitri accused his gaze laughing.

Talin grinned, leaning against Dimitri. Slipping his fingers into Dimitri’s soft hair, he pressed his lips more firmly on Dimitri’s lips. This time he was ready for the shattering need that flooded him when their lips met. Dimitri’s arms tightened around him, crushing him close. When they broke apart, he touched the corner of Dimitri’s lips.

“Better?” he asked, his voice rough with need.

“Not sure,” Dimitri said, then grinned when Talin glared at him. “I mean you’re making me want to cancel my appointment and stay here with you.”

“Why don’t you?”

“Because…that’s bad business,” Dimitri said. “I’ll call you tomorrow. Try and get some sleep.”

“You too,” Talin said.

Dimitri nodded and let go of him reluctantly.

“Be safe,” Talin felt compelled to say as Dimitri turned away.

Dimitri hurried to a black Mazda. Talin watched him enter the car, a second later, the engine started and Dimitri flashed the headlights at him. He watched the Mazda drive out of the parking lot, with a sense of apprehension.

Dimitri was slipping into the cracks forming in the wall around him and he didn’t know how to stop him. He didn’t even know if he wanted to stop it.

Shaking his head, Talin turned and headed into the club.

***

“You’re late,” Tomas complained when Dimitri got on the Anastasia.

It was almost nine o'clock at night. Dimitri had spent the past two hours making sure no one followed him to the marina.

Dimitri zipped up his heavy black jacket and ignored Tomas’s irritated gaze.

“We’ll make it on time.” Dimitri told Sean who was at the helm.

“Did you go see him?” Tomas asked his feet braced as the boat started moving.

“What is the problem, Tomas?” Dimitri asked moving to stand beside Sean.

“You’re taking risks, Dimitri.” Tomas said.

“I can’t help it,” Dimitri said. “Let it go. Concentrate on the job tonight. We can’t afford screw-ups.”

Tomas grumbled under his breath and moved to grab a pair of binoculars hanging on the wall.

“Now that the bickering is over,” Sean said with a grin. “How much longer do we have to peddle these shipments?”

“Until we get what we’re looking for,” Dimitri said as Sean increased speed heading to the middle of Lake Erie.

Night was thick, blanketing the lake like a dark cloak. Sean turned off the lights, navigating the lake on months of experience. They’d run the same route for four years, taking precautions not to alert the coast guard to their presence. They’d gotten very good at it.

Dimitri crossed his arms against his chest as Sean brought the boat to a stop at the rendezvous point. When Sean turned off the engine, Dimitri left Sean at the helm and went out to the main deck with Tomas.

They didn’t wait long before a light flashed a few feet away.

“Here we go,” Tomas said pressing a gun into his hands.

Dimitri slipped it into the small of his back. Taking a flashlight from his pocket, he answered the other boat with two flashes.

The cargo exchange took minutes. No one wanted the process to take long, so both crews worked swiftly, no talking. Dimitri and Tomas received crates from the other boat, while Sean kept a look out.

Twenty minutes later, Dimitri stood at the helm driving the boat back to the marina, while Sean and Tomas tended to the crates. He drove fast, and once they reached the marina, he docked at the most secluded part of the property. Turning off the engine, Dimitri, Sean and Tomas secured the boat. They took the crates into an old warehouse Dimitri’s grandfather had used decades ago to store fishing equipment. It stood near the edge of the marina hidden in the trees.

With the crates secured in the warehouse, Sean locked the doors and they surrounded one crate.

Dimitri used a crowbar to open the sealed crate cover.

Sean and Tomas removed the cover to reveal plastic elbow joints in the crate.

Dimitri picked one and studied it.

“Hmm… good quality,” he said with a small smile.

Tomas chuckled as Dimitri chucked it to the ground. Together they emptied the crate of the elbow joints until they found the bottom. Dimitri patiently removed the false bottom and placed the plywood on the floor. Carefully arranged on the bottom of the crate were two hundred neat bundles of freshly minted hundred-dollar bills.

Dimitri removed one bundle, ripping the plastic used to protect the money in transportation. He checked the serial numbers on the money and let out a sigh.

“Are they good?” Tomas asked moving to stand beside him.

“Yeah,” he said with a grim nod.

Sean nodded. “Looks like we’re in business.”

Dimitri dropped the bundle into the crate, his gaze on the twenty-five crates around them. They tallied to fifty million dollars in counterfeit hundred-dollar bills.

“Looks like we are,” Dimitri said with a heavy sigh.

***

“Can I eat them?” Lori asked Talin as she put mangoes in a fruit bowl on the table in his loft.

They’d closed the club for the night, and she was helping unpack his groceries. Talin ignored her and instead stuck pop tarts into the toaster for her. He’d forgotten to give them to her earlier.

Lori laughed. “I see you’re going to be stingy. Did Dimitri bake them?”

Talin picked up the container Dimitri had pressed into his hands. He might have gotten the cookies for Lori, but he didn’t want to give them up yet.

“His sister-in-law, Katerina,” Talin answered. “They sound like they’re from those old movies. Katerina, Lukas, Dimitri…”

“It happens in old families,” Lori said pulling out a chair at the kitchen table. She sat down with a small yawn. “So, I was right.”

“About what?” Talin asked.

“Dimitri likes you.”

Heat flooded his face. Talin rubbed his jaw with his right hand. Lori grinned and he couldn’t fight the growing blush.

Dimitri’s kisses filled his thoughts, flaming kisses that ignited every cell in his body. Dimitri’s arms around him, so tight, so warm, he’d wanted more, wanted it even now.

The pop tarts popped startling him.

He placed the container of cookies on the counter and got a plate for Lori.

“Why did you go to the marina earlier?” Lori asked as she took the plate of pop tarts.

“A flash of madness,” he answered refusing to tell her about Jon.

The less people knew about Dimitri and Jon’s altercation in the parking lot the better. He was expecting police to come asking questions. He didn’t want Lori involved.

Lori smiled and bit into the warm strawberry pop tarts.

“I’ve been craving these, thanks for bringing them. Did you agree to go out with Dimitri?”

Talin nodded.

“One date, although I’m not so sure how it will work out. I guess I can come help you out later.”

“Please don’t talk about a date and helping out at the same time,” Lori said shaking her head.

“What do you mean?”

“I don’t remember the last time you took the night off,” Lori said with a sigh. “The Talon won’t crash if you’re not working one night, Talin.”

“Hey,” Talin frowned. “That’s—

Lori stood taking her second pop tart. “If you have a date, I think you should take the night off.”

“What about—

“Don’t worry about anything. I’ll handle all the problems,” Lori insisted shaking her head. “Since your date is tonight, you are banned from the Talon until tomorrow night. Please get laid.”

She left his kitchen without another word.

“Wench,” he called after her.

“You know you love me.”

He chuckled and returned his gaze to the cookies in the container. Maybe it wouldn’t hurt to let go of the club for one night. Remembering the kiss in the parking lot, Talin touched his lips with a sigh. He wasn’t sure one night was going to be enough with Dimitri.

***

Talin woke up with a headache hours later. Sipping coffee from the largest mug he owned, he sat at his desk staring at the Talon’s expenses on his screen hoping to make sense of them.

A loud knock on his front door had him wincing. It was only eleven o’clock in the morning. He wasn’t expecting any deliveries today. Lori had a key, and she’d never knocked on his door. He sighed and wondered if the person would go away if he ignored the knock.

The knocking persisted.

Letting a sigh escape, he put his mug on his desk and went to open the door.

The sun was shining again. Talin doubted the man standing at his door had a clue. He was dressed in a stifling grey suit.

“How can I help you?”

“Talin Sato?” The man asked his tone polite.

“Yes.”

The man held up a badge.

“Detective James Oman, Colston PD, do you mind if I ask you a few questions?”

Talin reminded his trembling heart that he’d been expecting this. Pushing the door open, he stepped back to allow the detective into his loft.

“Sure, come on in,” Talin said.

“Thank you.”

Talin closed the door and stood leaning on it. He hadn’t thought the police would come so soon.

“Do you live alone?” Detective James asked, looking around Talin’s living room.

“Yes, I live alone. Would you like something to drink?” Talin asked pushing off the door. “I have coffee, juice, milk…uh…water?”

“Coffee sounds good,” Detective James said.

“Make yourself comfortable,” Talin said pointing to the couches in his living room. “I’ll go get the coffee.”

“Thank you, two sugars, and no milk please,” Detective James said.

Talin went to the kitchen, looking back once to see the detective choose his favorite couch. In the kitchen, Talin took in a deep breath and reminded his crazy erratic heartbeat there was no reason to worry. He didn’t have anything to hide.

Minutes later, Talin sat in an armchair watching the detective drink his coffee. Detective James held a notebook in his left hand with a black pen tucked between the pages.

“What brings you to my door, Detective James?” Talin asked.

“Do you know this man?” Detective James held up Jon’s picture.

“I’ve seen him around the club.”

“Have you talked to him?”

“No. A lot of people come into the Talon, detective. I don’t get to talk to all of them.”

“His name is Jonathan Barnes. His neighbor found him shot dead in his car a few meters away from his house.”

Detective James reached for his coffee mug and took a leisurely sip.

“Jon’s friends say he came to the Talon that night.”

“Like I said, I’ve seen him around the club. Do you know who killed him? Why he was killed?”

“We’re still looking into it. Do you own the Talon, Mr. Sato?”

Talin frowned.

“Yes.”

“Free and clear, or are you paying a mortgage?”

“I own the club free and clear,” Talin said with a smile. “The previous owner was generous and we reached a fair agreement.”

“How were you able to afford the club?”

“I had money left to me by family.”

“And where is your family?”

“Am I under suspicion?” Talin asked, wondering what his personal life had to do with Jonathan Barnes.

“Of course not, Mr. Sato,” Detective James said. “I’m trying to establish your background. Are you from Japan? When did you move to Colston, Ohio?”

“Detective James, my parents are second-generation Americans. I was born in New York. I lived in Manhattan until I moved to Colston four years ago.”

“Why did you move?”

“Change of environment,” Talin said refusing to think about his past. “What does that have to do with your case?”

“Did you know Jon was dealing drugs in your club?”

Talin sat back in his armchair.

“No, I didn’t know that.”

“Do you have surveillance in your club?”

“The cameras are installed, but they haven’t worked in a long time. I’ve never seen a reason to have them working.”

Talin shook his head thinking his clientele wouldn’t be too happy about surveillance. On hindsight, he probably should have them working now, considering the news about Ken and Jon selling drugs in his club.

“Do you know Ken Luther?”

“Yes. He worked for me until six months ago. He left the job without an explanation.”

“Have you seen him since?”

“No.”

Detective James studied him for a moment.

Talin watched him reach into the inside pocket of his suit jacket.

Detective James removed a picture and held it out to Talin.

“Do you know him?” Detective James asked.

Talin dropped his gaze to the picture and gasped when he recognized Dimitri. In the picture, he was dressed in a tailored black suit, dark glasses covering his gorgeous eyes. His mink black hair combed back neatly. Dimitri was walking down steps followed by three men, all in suits. This Dimitri was different from the one he knew. Dimitri looked…menacing.

“Dimitri Sedlackov,” Talin said, handing back the photograph. “He comes to the club once in a while.”

“Do you also know that he’s the head of the Russian gang in Colston?”

Talin laughed.

“This is not funny, Mr. Sato.”

Talin shook his head.

“Forgive me, Detective James. Do you think the head of a Russian gang would hang out at my club as frequently as Dimitri Sedlackov does? You guys would have picked him up by now.”

“Your club attracts the right crowd. It is the perfect place for Dimitri to run his business.”

“That sounds a tad insane,” Talin said, his amusement vanishing. The detective looked too serious for his liking. “There is no way Dimitri is a gang leader.”

“He’s something,” Detective James said. “Did you happen to see him with Jon night before last?”

“No.”

“Hmm…” Detective James said reaching for his coffee. He took a healthy sip then placed the mug on the table. He got a card from his notebook and placed it beside the mug. “If you remember anything else from that night, I’d like you to call me.”

“Anything else like what?” Talin asked.

“Anything to do with Jon and Dimitri,” Detective James said as he got up. “Someone might have seen them talking, fighting, anything. I’m hoping to find out who murdered Jonathan Barnes and possibly Ken Luther.”

Talin stared at the detective in shock.

“You think Ken Luther is dead?”

Detective James shrugged. “No one can find him. He hasn’t shown up at home, in college or at his parents’ house in months. He might have skipped town, but there is no indication. I have to assume his dead.”

Talin schooled his features.

“Well, I’m sorry I wasn’t of help.”

“Oh, but you were quite helpful,” Detective James said. “Thank you for the coffee.”

Talin got up and rubbed his arms as he watched the detective leave. The moment the door closed, he went into the kitchen to find the card Dimitri had given him.

He’d dumped it in the oranges vowing never to call the man.

Talin got the oranges from the vegetable rack in his kitchen and found the card. Taking his cell phone from his pocket, he dialed Dimitri’s cell number.

Dimitri answered on the first ring.

“Good morning, Talin,” Dimitri said. “I was wondering when you’d call me.”

“Are you heading a Russian Gang?” Talin demanded.

Dimitri’s laugh was infectious.

Talin closed his eyes when delicious thrills rolled down his spine.

“This isn’t funny,” Talin said leaning on the kitchen counter.

“Talin, you surprise me every day,” Dimitri said, his voice so warm and close, he could have been standing next to Talin. “Do you think I’m heading a gang?”

“I don’t know.” Talin swept fingers through his messy hair and shook his head.

“You sound disturbed. Who is putting these thoughts in your head? Tell me, I’ll deal with them.”

“How would you deal with them?” Talin asked, imagining scenes from the goriest mob movie he’d watched.

“Talk to them, tell them the truth,” Dimitri said gently.

Talin breathed out a sigh of relief.

“What is the truth, Dimitri?”

“That I’m not heading a Russian Gang, my dear. You do believe me, right?”

Talin scratched his jaw unsure of himself. Maybe it was the picture. That Dimitri in the picture could head a gang, or the mafia.

Hell, who was he to judge? His own past was iffy on the grand scale of things.

“I believe you,” he answered Dimitri.

“Who worried you this way?”

“I got a visit from a detective investigating Jon’s murder. He had a picture of you in a suit, imagine my shock, didn’t think you owned one. He called you a Russian gang leader.”

“Talin,” Dimitri said. “Don’t go anywhere. I’m on the way.”

“What?”

“I’m coming to your loft.”

Dimitri ended the call, and Talin stood in the middle of his kitchen.

Talin breathed into his palm with a frown.

“I gotta brush my teeth.”

Dropping his phone on the kitchen table, Talin ran to the bathroom.

***

Talin held his damp hair in a neat ponytail. He'd ended up taking a shower. He stepped out of his bedroom and walked down the corridor to the living room. The scent of fresh coffee had him detouring to the kitchen.

“You never left the key,” he said, when he saw Dimitri checking out his stocked fridge.

“Morning to you too, Talin,” Dimitri said retrieving a carton of milk.

Dimitri closed the fridge. His azure eyes sent heat sweeping through Talin when they lingered on him.

“Did you sleep well?” Dimitri asked going to the kitchen table.

He put milk in a bowl of wheaties, and Talin marveled at the sight of Dimitri eating cereal.

“I slept fine,” Talin said going to the coffeemaker to get a fresh cup of coffee. The hot shower had taken away his headache. “And you?”

“Not at all,” Dimitri shrugged. “I had a long night. I’m glad to see you though. Come sit with me.”

Talin took his mug to the table, choosing a chair on Dimitri’s right side.

“Didn't you get home last night after your business?” Talin asked noting that Dimitri was still in the clothes he’d worn last night.

“No. Tell me what the detective asked you?”

“A bunch of questions,” Talin said leaning his elbows on the kitchen table.

Talin summarized his conversation with Detective James. Dimitri listened with a passive expression, eating his cereal.

“For a moment there, I thought he was suspecting me of something. I suppose he was doing his job, and I was freaking out. I didn’t like the way he talked about you though.”

Dimitri scowled. “What’s his name?”

“Detective James Oman,” Talin said. “Do you know him?”

Dimitri met his gaze with a wicked grin.

“Nope, I’m allergic to law enforcement.”

“Comments like that are not helping, Dimitri.”

“I’m sorry.” Dimitri finished his cereal and sat back in his chair with a satisfied sigh. “Mm…I needed that.”

Talin sipped his coffee.

“Why didn’t you get home last night?”

Dimitri wiped a hand down his face and let out a short yawn.

“My business took longer than I expected. I was headed home when you called.”

Talin met Dimitri’s tired gaze.

“You should sleep.”

“Can I crash on your bed?” Dimitri asked.

Talin stared, thinking Dimitri was joking. When Dimitri raised his brow in question, he gaped.

“Oh, you’re serious,” Talin said in shock. He hadn’t made his bed yet. Standing up, he took Dimitri’s bowl to the sink. “Are you sure you don’t want to go home? I can drive you there if you’re worried about driving—,”

“Talin,” Dimitri got up and came behind Talin to wrap his strong arms around him.

Their bodies fit. Dimitri’s heat seeped into him through his thin t-shirt. Talin couldn’t help leaning back against Dimitri’s chest.

“Please show me your bed,” Dimitri said. “I’m ready to pass out.”

Talin sighed because when Dimitri pressed a kiss on his jaw, his self-preservation disappeared.

Minutes later, a fully dressed Dimitri was sprawled on his bed. Talin pulled the covers over him, and sat on the edge of the bed.

“Are you busy?” Dimitri mumbled out, his eyes closed.

“Why?” Talin asked.

“Stay with me,” Dimitri said sleepily.

“I thought you were ready to pass out.”

“I am,” Dimitri said, opening his eyes to look at Talin. “I’d like it though if you stayed with me for a while.”

Talin touched Dimitri’s strong jaw, his fingers rubbing dark stubble. Dimitri’s gaze held his and his heart skipped a beat.

“You’re a conundrum.”

Dimitri smiled and grabbed his arm, his fingers wrapping around Talin’s wrist. He tugged until Talin decided to lie on the bed beside him.

Dimitri placed a protective arm over him.

“This is good.”

“Go to sleep,” Talin ordered, surprised by how comfortable it felt to have Dimitri so close.

He planned to move the moment Dimitri fell asleep.

Twenty minutes later, Talin still lay on the bed watching Dimitri breathe in and out.

It was the first time in years, he thought, the first time to have someone he dared want in his bed.

***

2014 Suilan Lee
  • Like 40
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Dimitri's business confuses me. Is it true that he's a russian gang leader or he told Talin the truth? I am sure something is there about Dimitri that Talin don't know but he need to know that ASAP.

 

Romantic scene between Talin and Dimitri and the ending 'bed scene' was cute...really cute.

 

Suspense with romance...this story has an amazing combination in it. Waiting for the next chapter, please update soon.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Dimitri is such a man of mystery! And think it's not just the physical attraction Talin is feeling--Dimitri's mystery is alluring, too!

Looking forward to seeing how this story and characters develop! You did well on this chapter!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Great chapter. I don't think Dimitri is a bad guy. I have an idea but I'll let you tell us. and then gloat when you prove me right!! hahaha Talin is as much as a mystery as Dimitri. He ran from New York because of something. Darn. Now I want you to write faster!!! :P

  • Like 2
Link to comment

This is turning into a classic noir romance! Kudos to you! Nice mix of romance and hints at the leads' backgrounds. Makes the reader want to know more. And I like how the secondary characters add layers...looking forward to more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/30/2014 12:10 AM, sacredlove said:
Dimitri's business confuses me. Is it true that he's a russian gang leader or he told Talin the truth? I am sure something is there about Dimitri that Talin don't know but he need to know that ASAP.

 

Romantic scene between Talin and Dimitri and the ending 'bed scene' was cute...really cute.

 

Suspense with romance...this story has an amazing combination in it. Waiting for the next chapter, please update soon.

Hehe...Dimitri is my mystery too...lol. Don't worry, I won't make you wait too long on his past. I had fun writing Dimitri and Talin's scenes. It's always so interesting to see how their interactions turn out. I sort of let them go where the muse takes me...you know. Thanks for reading, I'll update soon.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/30/2014 01:16 AM, Robert Rex said:
Dimitri is such a man of mystery! And think it's not just the physical attraction Talin is feeling--Dimitri's mystery is alluring, too!

Looking forward to seeing how this story and characters develop! You did well on this chapter!

Thank you Robert! I'm glad Dimitri is intriguing. There's so much to tell about him, that it can only come out as it is right now. So, thank you for reading, and for looking forward to more.

 

Sui.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/30/2014 02:56 AM, LadyDe said:
Great chapter. I don't think Dimitri is a bad guy. I have an idea but I'll let you tell us. and then gloat when you prove me right!! hahaha Talin is as much as a mystery as Dimitri. He ran from New York because of something. Darn. Now I want you to write faster!!! :P
LadyDe, your thoughts,...can I pay a penny for them.... :) Lol. I hope my idea meets up to your expectations. I'm nervous now. Lol. I'll get back to writing now... ^_^
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/30/2014 07:18 AM, Nlaudenslager said:
This is turning into a classic noir romance! Kudos to you! Nice mix of romance and hints at the leads' backgrounds. Makes the reader want to know more. And I like how the secondary characters add layers...looking forward to more.
:) Thank you Nlaudenslager, for high praise, hehe...pressure...lol :) I'll work hard to keep the story interesting, intriguing...all of that. Thank you for reading. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Just realized today that you are writing and posting a new story. I caught up on the three chapters that you have posted so far and, as always with your work, they are wonderful. You are developing interesting characters and an intriguing plot. I cannot wait to read more. You really are such a wonderful writer.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/01/2014 04:37 AM, JimP said:
Just realized today that you are writing and posting a new story. I caught up on the three chapters that you have posted so far and, as always with your work, they are wonderful. You are developing interesting characters and an intriguing plot. I cannot wait to read more. You really are such a wonderful writer.
Jim, welcome to the new story. Thank you for reading through, hopefully Dimitri and Talin remain as enticing and entertaining as ever...:) Thank you as always.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 12/01/2014 10:28 PM, peanutbutter said:
Oh my gawd .. Its like it came out off a manga !!!! Keep typing PLEASE
I love manga! too...lol. Thanks Peanut. I'll keep typing as fast as I can. Thank you for reading too.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

“I gotta brush my teeth.” The sentence made me giggle and even more when Talin came out of a shower :P
Not sure what to think about Dimitri :huh: He seems nice but his business seems very dubious, I'd like him to be a good guy and not end up breaking Talin's heart with criminal things.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Dmitri is quite crafty…a safe place to evade a nosy copper is the place said sleuth has just left! Assuming the best - for Talin’s sake - I can think of only one “harmless” explanation for the nighttime activities on the lake…

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..