Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 5,096 Words
  • 5,391 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Healing Heart - 17. Chapter 17

17

 

Dimitri shifted in the passenger seat, his gaze on Lucian who drove with a grim expression on his handsome features.

“What?” Lucian spared him a short glance.

“Two years ago,” Dimitri said. “When you and I were together, you knew why I wanted in. That’s why you went out with me.”

“If you didn’t find me, you’d have gone to Sasha. Vlad wanted the marina; she’d have pushed Sasha to seek you out.” Lucian shrugged. “I knew your father. He was a good man. Ivan thought you’d made the best choice joining the army, and he was proud of you. I couldn’t let you lose your life so easily.”

“Lose my life,” Dimitri scoffed.

“Anyone who works for Sasha has a lifespan of six moths from the day they start,” Lucian said, his gaze on the unconscious man between them. “He doesn’t trust anyone. At least with me, you’ve lived.”

Dimitri didn’t argue with Lucian’s assessment.

“Why did you agree to help?”

Lucian stopped at a light and glanced at Dimitri.

“I have my reasons.”

“What did you talk about with Ilia?”

“If I tell you, will that help you trust me?”

Dimitri shook his head.

“No.”

“Then don’t ask,” Lucian said, the traffic light turned green and he accelerated. “All I can tell you is that I want what’s mine.”

Lucian’s answer made Dimitri nervous. He doubted what Lucian wanted had anything to do with him and Talin’s safety.

They rode the rest of the way to Vlad’s warehouse in silence. Tension coiled deep inside, as they approached the perimeter gates. Lucian pressed a button on his phone and the gates opened. He drove in fast, heading to the wide roller doors familiar to Dimitri.

Lucian stopped the van, and Dimitri clenched his gun tight.

“Wait,” Lucian ordered, when he started to reach for the door handle.

Dimitri dropped his hands as a blue light flashed on his left. The light moved over the van, taking less than a second. Lucian let out a soft breath when the warehouse doors released, sliding open.

“Told you,” Lucian said, as he drove into a pristine warehouse.

Dimitri couldn’t believe this was the same warehouse Lucian had murdered two women.

Instead of stopping right at the entrance, Lucian drove the van straight to the little office Dimitri had seen the last time.

“This is the hard part,” Lucian warned. “We need Sasha’s eyes to open the door into the underground.”

“You’re not listed?” Dimitri frowned.

“Not here,” Lucian said as he opened his door. “Vlad trusts no one with this place. Sasha remains the gatekeeper because he is in charge of security.”

Dimitri got out of the van, knocking on the back for Sean and Tomas to join them.

“What makes her trust Sasha?” Dimitri asked Lucian.

“She doesn’t,” Lucian said, watching Sean and Tomas reach in to help carry out Sasha.

Lucian pointed to a small panel mounted on the wall, right next to the entrance into the small office. Sean and Tomas carried Sasha there, and braced him upright.

Lucian moved closer, holding Sasha’s head, he opened Sasha’s right eye with his thumb and forefinger and pressed Sasha’s head close to the panel. It took a few tries, but then the panel activated. Once again, it took only a second, and a large wide door opened on the floor in the little office.

Dimitri turned in time to see Lucian screwing a silencer on to his gun. Before he could ask, Lucian put two bullets into Sasha’s head. Sean and Tomas jumped back, Dimitri stared at Lucian in shock.

“We can’t leave him standing,” Lucian said.

“The women stay here,” Dimitri said, afraid of the cold anger brewing in Lucian’s eyes.

“Whatever you want,” Lucian said, adjusting his jacket. He pointed to the closed rolling door. “Good luck with that.”

“What?” Sean asked following Lucian’s finger.

Dimitri frowned when he took a closer look at the wall on either side of the door. Rows of semtex bars seemed to hold up the rolling door’s frame.

“She’s rigged those explosives to detonate if those doors aren’t opened by Sasha or Vlad.” Lucian shrugged and pointed out a security camera in the corner of the inner office. “I will give you the code, but I’m sure it’s been revoked.”

“You’re an asshole,” Dimitri cursed.

“I didn’t say it was going to be easy,” Lucian said, heading into the small office and the entrance into the sub floor. “Make a choice, Dimitri.”

Dimitri met Sean and Tomas’s gaze.

“Get the girls to safety,” Dimitri said. “I need to get Talin.”

“We can come to you after,” Sean said.

“No.” Dimitri shook his head. “Head to the marina, secure Katerina and Lukas. If I don’t get back, make sure you ship them out of Colston.”

“Dim,” Tomas started.

“Figure out how to get those doors open and get out of here. Make sure my family is safe,” Dimitri said, then followed Lucian.

***

Talin sat in a chair across a large mahogany desk, his fingers gripping the armrests tight. Vlad’s office was in the basement of a secure warehouse. She had restricted Raphael’s men from following them into the office. A major disadvantage as she’d kept one of her guards inside. He stood blocking the door. Raphael sat beside him, tense and silent.

The tablet resting on the desk in front of Vlad had a Pan Limited stock transfer form filling the screen. The pencil on top of the tablet awaited Vlad. She needed to sign the document. Raphael assured him the transaction they’d prepped would be immediate.

“Sato,” Vlad read his name on the documents. “Talin. You write your name backwards.”

“You wanted my shares,” Talin said. “Sign at the bottom of the line.”

Vlad’s gaze shifted from the tablet to Talin.

“I suppose life is more important. Is the pain too much?” she asked with a smile.

Talin hated her smile, that red curve of her lips made him shudder with fear. She needed to enter her signature for the plan to work. He fought back impatience and instead sat still.

Vlad opened a drawer on her right, and produced a vial with clear liquid. She placed it on a mat on the desk and held Talin’s gaze.

“The antidote,” she said with a small grin. “You held out longer than I expected. Not everyone pushes it this far. You fascinate me, Talin Sato. How did you get over your aversion to sign over Pan Limited?”

Talin glanced at Raphael, and Vlad’s chuckle disappeared.

“I see. Your brother in-law has influence on you.”

“I reminded him why he needs to live,” Raphael said, his tone cold. “Don’t waste my efforts, Vlad. You promised the antidote for the company.”

Vlad studied Raphael for a moment, and then picked up the white pen on the tablet.

Her gaze skated over Talin.

Talin bit his inner lip, fighting the pain sweeping through his body. He felt too hot and his palms were sweaty. The pressure in his head increased every second, taking away his ability to remain cordial. He wanted to scream out, yet he had to keep calm before Vlad.

Vlad scoffed and with a flourish, she signed the document, the signature verification was immediate, Raphael worked with the best. Vlad smiled when she read the words authorized on the screen.

Talin felt relief flood him. With that done, he was left with one last hurdle; his gaze went to the vial on the desk. He held his breath when Vlad took the vial, and stood.

“You want this?” she asked, walking around her desk. “Or do you want to follow your husband? Do you know why he was murdered?”

Talin bit his lip harder until he tasted blood.

“Raphael, you told him the truth.” Vlad shook her head with mock shock. “You didn’t want me to have fun telling Talin. How mean of you.”

“Give him the antidote, he’s done his part,” Raphael grinded out.

“This?” Vlad held up the vial, and then she dropped the vial on the floor, the glass breaking. She grinded her red heel on the glass, the precious liquid spilling on the wooden floor.

Talin sat frozen in his seat. The reality of his death staring him in the face, all he could worry about was what it would do to Dimitri. Dimitri, who was out there protecting the people he loved—

What would his death do to Dimitri?

“Water,” Vlad said with a nonchalant shrug.

“You had no intention of handing over the antidote.” Talin stated.

“Why would I?” Vlad asked. “You’re dying. You’ve handed over the company to me. Why do I need loose ends? We’re done with our transaction. Raphael, this is payback for your family refusing to work with us. If only things were different—

“Shut the fuck up,” Raphael snapped. “My father was right about you. You have no principles, no respect.”

“Insulting me is not wise,” Vlad said, her tone low, deadly.

“Insults are the least of your worries.” Raphael stood, his phone in hand. “I thought you might be less than honest.”

Vlad crossed her arms against her chest.

“You can’t touch me here, Raphael Yun. I suggest you take your dying brother in-law and leave. I don’t want him to soil my expensive leather.”

Raphael smiled, startling Vlad.

“Did you read those documents before you signed them?”

Vlad frowned. Her gaze went to the tablet on the desk, the screen now filled with the Pan Limited logo.

“Of course, Talin has given me control of his shares in Pan Limited. I have won, Raphael.”

“The problem with you is that you don’t think anyone would dare cross you,” Talin said, tired, his strength waning. “I might be dying, but you’re a fool, Vlad.”

“You dare—

Her cell phone buzzed and she scowled, answering on the second buzz.

Talin glanced at Raphael who gave him an assuring nod. Talin breathed out in relief, and started to get up. The world shifted, his vision blurring. He sat back in his seat hard.

His chest felt constricted, Talin gasped in air, bringing his hand up to his tight chest.

“Talin?” Raphael started to reach for him only to be shoved aside by Vlad.

Her eyes murderous, she had her hands wrapped around Talin’s neck in a blink. Her fingers tight around his neck, pressing down on his windpipe, cutting off the little air he was getting. She threw all her weight on him, forcing him back in his seat.

“Where is my money?” she demanded. “Where is my fucking money? You thought this was a painful death, I’m going to skin you alive.”

Talin grinned at her, though it felt like he was losing control of his body. His vision turned blurry. In the periphery, he could see Raphael struggling with the bodyguard who’d been at the door.

“Your money is in a safe place. Thank you for authorizing the purchase of Pajari Industries,” he choked. “I told you, your ego would be your undoing.”

Vlad’s expression turned ugly, her eyes filled with anger. Fear grew so deep, at the thought of hers being the last face he saw. Talin scratched her abnormally strong arms, but he was weak. Dark spots filled his blurry vision and he mourned not having seen Dimitri’s handsome face one last time.

***

Lucian moved with speed, neutralizing guards with precision. Dimitri was at once impressed and worried. Worried because Lucian’s loyalty was still unknown, yet he followed him deeper into Vlad’s lair.

Dimitri was glad when they emerged from the long corridor to an open hall, lined with cargo boxes. He recognized some from his jaunts across the lake, others were new. Lucian raced from one box to another, until they reached another corridor across the large hall.

There were no guards in the quiet area, and as the walls turned to a deep burgundy, Dimitri realized they’d arrived at Vlad’s residence.

They entered a familiar living area, through to the kitchen where Dimitri had first met Vlad. The countertops were clean, spotless. Lucian entered the dining room and motioned to a closed door across the room.

“She’ll have four guards waiting outside her study,” Lucian said, his tone barely a whisper. “One inside to keep your boyfriend and Raphael in line. Don’t hesitate; they’re trained to shoot on sight.”

Dimitri nodded and following behind Lucian. Meeting Lucian’s gaze, Dimitri gave him a short nod, and Lucian opened the door with stealth. In less than a minute, the four guards were down. Eager to see that Talin was fine, Dimitri opened the door to the study room.

The sight of Vlad kneeling over Talin in a leather armchair blinded him with rage. Forgetting all the reasons why he needed Vlad alive, Dimitri aimed at her head, and pulled the trigger with deadly accuracy.

Vlad fell back with a gasp, long dead as she hit the wooden floor.

Dimitri raced to Talin’s side, panic seizing him when Talin didn’t move. Talin sat slumped in the chair, his eyes closed.

“Talin.” Dimitri shook him, dropping the gun on the floor. He pulled Talin into his arms. “Talin, wake up, baby. Open your eyes.”

Talin’s eyes remained closed.

Dimitri felt tears sting his eyes, he pressed shaking fingers against Talin’s neck, looking for a pulse. The thundering noise in his ears wouldn’t let him concentrate enough to find that delicate throb.

“No,” Dimitri said, shaking his head.

Wrapping his arms around Talin, he picked him up and kicked the armchair away. Falling to his knees, he laid Talin on the floor and checked his pulse again.

His heart almost jumped out with joy when he detected a slow beat.

“Is he alright?” Raphael demanded kneeling across him. “Is he a—alive?”

“Slow pulse,” Dimitri said, busy getting Talin comfortable. He removed his jacket and covered Talin with it because Talin felt too cold. “Did you get the antidote?”

When Raphael didn’t answer him, he looked up.

“Did you get the antidote, Raphael?”

Raphael sighed and pointed to broken glass a few feet away.

“She played us. You shouldn’t have shot her dead so quickly.”

Dimitri stared at the broken glass in shock.

“What?”

Raphael took Talin’s left hand and squeezed it tight.

“He’s going to die. We have no options left—

Dimitri shook his head, already reaching for his cell phone.

“We need to get him to a hospital. They can slow down the process until your people generate—

“It won’t work,” Lucian said behind him. “The poison is lethal, his symptoms are nothing compared to what he’ll go through when that poison activates. The best the hospital can do is keep him in a coma to escape the pain.”

Dimitri turned to look at Lucian and for the first time in his life begged.

“Please help him. You must know where she hid the antidote.”

Lucian hesitated, and Dimitri seized on that.

“Lucian—

“What do I get in return?” Lucian asked. “You’ve killed Vlad; her allies will think I did it for revenge. What do you think will happen next?”

“You get to live,” Raphael said.

“No, I’ll have to go on the run,” Lucian answered. “Helping you will make things worse for me.”

“Don’t do this,” Dimitri said in a whisper.

“Don’t beg me so pitifully,” Lucian said, his eyes glittering with anger.

Dimitri took in a sharp breath when Lucian pointed his gun at him.

“Stop it,” Ilia ordered, walking into the study followed by Himura.

Himura immediately rushed to Talin’s side, while Ilia moved to stand beside his brother.

“What are you doing?” Ilia asked Lucian.

“Following the plan,” Lucian said. “What took you so long?”

“The semtex on the doors,” Ilia said, glancing at Dimitri. “His men got the bomb deactivated. They drove off in a hurry, talking about saving the women in the van.”

Dimitri held Lucian’s gaze.

“What do you want?” Dimitri asked Lucian. “What plan?”

Ilia sighed and turned to look at him.

“The plan to take over Vlad’s network,” Ilia said with a small smile.

Raphael started to get up, and Lucian fired a shot a few feet away from Talin.

“Don’t play the hero, Raphael Yun,” Lucian said. “Now we all have something to lose. Dimitri more than most, I suggest you listen to my brother.”

“The antidote first,” Dimitri said.

“I don’t—,” Ilia started.

“The antidote!” Raphael shouted. “Or we all die here, and no one will get what they want.”

A tense minute passed, before Ilia gave a dramatic sigh.

“Alright then, let’s save sweet Talin first. The tension in this room is killing me,” Ilia said with a suffering tone.

He moved to Vlad’s body, and spent a few minutes running his hands over her body.

Dimitri looked away when Ilia ripped the neckline on the purple dress Vlad wore.

“Here we go,” Ilia said straightening up. He held a blue vial up with a grin. “She liked to keep it close to her heart.”

Dimitri held his hand out for it, and Ilia narrowed his gaze.

“Remember, you promised to do what I ask,” Ilia said.

“Give it to me,” Dimitri growled.

Ilia smiled and handed him the vial. Raphael pushed away Dimitri’s jacket and spent a few minutes looking in Talin’s jacket pockets. He produced the small metallic box Dimitri had seen Talin use for his meds earlier. Thankfully, there was a new needle in the box.

It took a few minutes to administer the antidote. Dimitri’s shaking hands stopped him from being able to make the necessary injection, so Himura took over. Injecting the precious liquid into Talin’s left arm with practiced ease.

Dimitri swept dark hair away from Talin’s face, worried about the sweat coating Talin’s forehead. He pressed a kiss on Talin’s lips, his heart plummeting when there was no response. He was terrified they were late. Afraid he’d lose Talin after all…

When Dimitri pulled Talin into his arms and held Talin tight with a soft sob, Raphael squeezed Dimitri’s right shoulder, and got to his feet.

“I’ll handle this now, leave Talin and Dimitri out of this mess,” Raphael said. “Lucian, Dimitri’s free of you, is this understood?”

“As long as you hold up your end of the deal,” Lucian said.

“Don’t worry,” Raphael said. “I keep my promises.”

Dimitri buried his face into Talin’s shoulder, and rocked back and forth. Shouts outside the study room reached them, and Himura got up, rushing to the door. He came back a few minutes with a sigh.

“Police,” Himura said.

“Who called them?” Lucian demanded.

“No time to find out,” Ilia said. “We need to go.”

Dimitri remained on the floor, still holding Talin.

“Dimitri,” Raphael urged.

“Get out of here,” Dimitri said, staring at Talin’s closed eyes, willing them to open. “You’ve done all you can for us.”

“Dimitri—,” Raphael continued to protest.

“Go,” Dimitri hissed sparing Raphael a short glance. “Just go.”

The shouts outside the study were getting closer. Ilia and Lucian had opened a hidden passageway in the wall to the right. Raphael and Himura followed, worried expressions on their faces. Dimitri watched the hidden door slide closed, and turned to Talin just as Detective Oman rushed into the room.

***

A steady beep woke Talin.

The scent of antiseptic filled his nostrils next, his eyes opened, his vision, blurry at first, focused on a white ceiling. His body felt raw: very sore and achy. Swallowing hard, he sighed at how dry his mouth felt. Closing his eyes for a moment, he shifted on the pillows, and started to lift his right hand to rub his nose.

But his hand felt caught in a vice.

Lifting his head slowly, he stared at the dark head resting on the mattress near his thigh. His heart jumped, elated.

Dimitri held his hand tight.

Dimitri.

Those dark wavy strands called to his fingers.

His head fell back on the pillows.

The movement had Dimitri sitting up fast, and Talin smiled when frantic blue eyes met his. There were no words to express the love that surged through him; all he could do was stare.

“You’re awake.”

Talin nodded, words lost.

Dimitri let out a relieved sigh.

“You’re awake,” Dimitri repeated with more strength, and Talin frowned when tears filled those gorgeous blue eyes. “Thank you for waking up.”

Talin felt as though he needed to speak, but when he tried, his dry throat wouldn’t form words. Dimitri squeezed his hand and stood to hug him. Dimitri lifted him into his arms in a gentle hug that infused warmth into Talin.

Talin closed his eyes feeling relieved for the first time in weeks as he breathed in Dimitri’s scent.

“I love you, Talin,” Dimitri said into his ear.

Happiness burst through Talin. He started to hold Dimitri, but the sight of police officers at the doors had him frowning. Detective Oman came into the room, and stopped at the foot of his bed.

Talin wrapped his arms around Dimitri.

“I have to go, babe,” Dimitri pressed a kiss on his jaw. “There are things I need to clear with the detective.”

Talin shook his head unwilling to let go of Dimitri.

“We’ve waited long enough, Sedlackov,” Detective Oman said.

Dimitri helped Talin lie back.

“I’ll be gone, but Kat and Lukas are around. Lori will visit too. You’re not alone.”

The calm in Dimitri’s voice was new, but still…the worry grew deep inside. Talin swallowed hard and willed his voice to cooperate.

“W—where are you going?” His voice sounded scratchy and rough to his ears. “Vlad—

“Vlad’s dead,” Dimitri said. “Don’t worry, Talin. It will work out.”

“Dimitri,” Talin held on to Dimitri’s right upper arm.

“I’ll come back to you.” Dimitri kissed him. “I promise. Get some sleep.”

Talin sighed and watched Dimitri leave with the detective, feeling helpless. He worried until sleep claimed him again.

****

The next time Talin woke to soft feminine voices talking over him.

“The doctor says to let him rest as much as possible. His body needs to recover strength.”

That was Katerina, Talin thought through the heavy fog.

“Will he go home to the loft?”

Lori.

What time was it?

She was supposed to watch out for the club.

“Dimitri would like it very much if he came to stay with us at the marina.” Katerina let out a sigh. “But that’s impossible right now. Since the investigations started, our home looks like a crime scene. It’s not the best place for recovery.”

“Talin is most comfortable at the loft,” Lori said.

“Yeah,” Katerina said. “I’m just glad he’s alive.”

“I still don’t know what happened. How did he get sick?” Lori sounded upset. “I saw him at the club, and he seemed healthy. To see him in here, with all these equipment attached is shocking.”

“It’s a long story,” Katerina said. “I’ll let him tell you when he’s ready.”

“What about Dimitri?” Lori asked. “Is it true he was involved with the Russian mob? It’s all over the news.”

Talin opened his eyes then curious about that statement. Dimitri on the news meant he hadn’t dreamed up the police and Detective Oman in his hospital room. They had taken Dimitri.

“Talin,” Katerina exclaimed appearing on his left side. She rubbed his upper left arm. “You’re awake.”

Talin frowned.

“What was that about Dimitri?” he rasped out.

Katerina frowned and gave Lori a small scowl. “There’s nothing to worry about.”

Talin reached for Katerina’s hand and held it tight.

“Tell me,” he pleaded.

Katerina sighed and met Lori’s gaze before she said, “Dimitri was arrested. Colston PD is investigating Vlad’s operations, and the marina.”

Talin started to sit up. He couldn’t lie here when Dimitri needed him.

“See,” Katerina pushed him back with a soft curse. “Dimitri was right. He said you’d want to jump out of bed and rush to his side. But you can’t, Talin.”

“Dimitri needs me,” Talin hissed, kicking the covers away determined to check out of the hospital. “Help me up.”

“Not yet, you just survived a major scare, Talin,” Lori said. “Please stop this. Dimitri is fine.”

Talin shook his head. “No.”

A nurse rushed into the room, and minutes later, he was fighting oblivion, his gaze on a tearful Katerina.

***

Two Months Later

Dimitri removed the security camera he’d installed weeks ago meaning to protect Talin. Climbing down the ladder, he dumped the gadget into his toolbox and removed his gloves.

Autumn was in full swing, the air getting colder with each passing day. Dimitri stepped up to the balcony, and studied the parking lot below. It was almost eight o’clock. The parking lot was filling with cars; soon there would be no space. The Talon lived on despite the turmoil that had filled his and Talin’s lives these past weeks.

Dimitri reached into his jeans pocket and took the keys he’d kept for a week now. He’d wanted to be sure that there would be no scary repercussions from his decision to call Detective Oman.

That night, holding an unconscious Talin in his arms—, his fingers closed over the keys. That moment, thinking Talin dead, was the most painful he’d ever had in his life.

Dimitri had vowed never to feel that pain again. He could have run like Ilia and Lucian had, but that would have meant dragging Talin along.

When the detective had arrested him, Dimitri cooperated as much as he could. The investigation into the marina was hard on Lukas and Katerina. But, it had soon passed when it became clear the marina was run clean. Lukas and Katerina were cleared, and they now ran the marina peacefully.

His case however had dragged on. Vlad’s murder, the bodies found in the warehouse, had all seemed damning. It had helped to have Vlad’s illicit cargo in her warehouse. Not to mention the poor girls she’d smuggled into Colston. The ones Sean and Tomas helped rescue. Dimitri had given Detective Oman enough information to help capture most of Vlad’s acquaintances in the city. The lawyer Raphael sent him had helped broker a deal with the prosecutor. Thanks to Raphael’s help, Dimitri’s cooperation against the Colston Bratva had kept him out of jail.

“Dimitri?” Talin’s sexy voice cut through his thoughts, drawing his gaze to his right.

Talin looked good.

Healthy, Dimitri thought.

In a pair of grey slacks and white shirt, his long hair windblown, Talin looked too enticing.

Holding out his hand, he smiled when Talin closed the distance between them. Talin wrapped his arms around Dimitri, burying his face into Dimitri’s chest.

They fit.

“Hey.”

“What are you doing out here?” Talin asked. “It’s cold.”

Dimitri rubbed his hands over Talin’s back and then brushed his fingers through Talin’s silky hair.

“I was removing the surveillance camera I put up.” Dimitri kissed the top of Talin’s head. “I think it’s time.”

“We didn’t get to find out who was sending those messages.” Talin sighed. “That bastard owes me paint for my door.”

“Detective Oman said it was Ken Luther,” Dimitri said. “They caught him living in a condemned house a few blocks from here.”

Talin bunched Dimitri’s shirt in a gentle hold.

“That’s not surprising. He had a thing for you.”

“Actually,” Dimitri sunk his fingers into Talin’s hair and tilted his head back. “Ken had a thing for you, my love. He had pictures of you on his walls. Those drugs didn’t do him good. They said he wanted to protect you from me.”

Talin held his gaze.

“Then Ken was quite misguided. I don’t need any protection from you.”

Dimitri smiled and leaned to kiss him. He forgot about cold weather when Talin moaned and kissed him back with enthusiasm. Passion igniting, Talin clung to him, moving closer to him.

Talin sighed when they broke apart.

“Raphael called.”

“What does he want?” Dimitri asked.

Talin grinned.

“He helped you out, Dimitri.”

“Yeah well, he skipped out of town pretty quick when shit hit the fan.”

Talin shrugged.

“It’s better for all of us. He sold back Pajari Industries to Lucian and Ilia as they wanted. They’ve left the country, heading to Moscow. Colston is safe from them, for now.”

“Good riddance,” Dimitri said with a satisfied nod. “What about Pan Limited?”

“I suppose I’ll watch over it,” Talin said. “That’s if you don’t mind a husband who travels from time to time.”

Dimitri blinked.

“What did you say?”

Talin blushed and hid his face in Dimitri’s chest.

Dimitri chuckled and held Talin tight.

“Are you asking me to be your husband?”

Talin nodded. “It doesn’t have to be now—

“Yes.” Dimitri cut in before Talin could come up with a reason to wait. “The answer is yes.”

Talin let out a relieved sigh.

Dimitri dangled the keys in the air, making them jingle and Talin looked at them.

“Whose keys are those?” Talin asked. “Did you change the locks again?”

“Keys to our new house,” Dimitri said with a smile.

Talin’s eyes widened with pleasure.

“What?” Talin asked. “When? How?”

“You’re forgetting where,” Dimitri said.

Talin grabbed the keys out of his hand.

“Where is our new house?”

“By the lake, about twenty minutes away from the club, thirty from the marina,” Dimitri answered. “Secluded, safe, good neighborhood, no chance of interference from organized criminals.”

Talin held the keys against his chest and leaned up to kiss him.

“I love you, Dimitri.”

“I love you,” Dimitri said against Talin’s soft lips.

They stayed there talking and kissing, then Talin took his arm, leading him into the loft. Dimitri smiled when Talin made a point of closing the door before he stripped out of the white shirt he wore.

“Do I get to plant my rose in a garden?” Talin asked.

Dimitri’s gaze fell on the little rose growing in a pot. It sat on the coffee table this time; Talin moved it around the loft chasing the sunlight. It had bloomed twice, deep red roses that made Talin smile at the sight of them.

Dimitri reached for Talin, pulling him into his arms for a scorching kiss.

“I’ll buy you a dozen bushes if you wish,” Dimitri said, trailing kisses along Talin’s bare shoulder. “Anything you want, Talin.”

“All I want is you,” Talin answered. “Always you, Dimitri.”

As Dimitri lifted Talin into his arms, heading to the bedroom, he knew in his heart too, that all he ever wanted was Talin in his life.

 

****

Fin

I thank you all for reading, reviewing, commenting, pushing me.
Dim, Talin and I take a bow, :wizard: and wish you all a wonderful October full of love, and roses.
Mwaah!!
Sui.
2014 Suilan Lee
  • Like 43
  • Love 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Sui,
This was an excellent story. You have such a great writing talent. Thank you for sharing this with us!
Jim

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Wow. I had no idea how you were going to get them out of their predicament. Very nicely done. I really enjoyed this story and am so glad they got their HEA. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I've loved this story from start to finish and this last chapter was just a great ending. I just hope the guys get to have a little peace now and simply enjoy each other.

 


Thank you for sharing your story!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/08/2015 05:19 PM, Puppilull said:

I've loved this story from start to finish and this last chapter was just a great ending. I just hope the guys get to have a little peace now and simply enjoy each other.

 

 

Thank you for sharing your story!

Thank you so much for reading, right to the end. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/08/2015 04:24 PM, BigDan44 said:

This was such a wonderful story. I am really sad to see it finished.

Am both happy and sad to finish it too...I'll miss Dimitri and Talin. Thank you:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/08/2015 09:08 AM, Valkyrie said:

Wow. I had no idea how you were going to get them out of their predicament. Very nicely done. I really enjoyed this story and am so glad they got their HEA. :)

Thank you so much for reading,the ending came out so easily, I was surprised too. In the end, it was just those two together. Dimitri and Talin. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/08/2015 08:52 AM, JimP said:

Sui,

This was an excellent story. You have such a great writing talent. Thank you for sharing this with us!

Jim

Thank you Jim! For your thoughts, and even encouraging me at a time I might have stopped. You're awesome.

:)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Beautiful love story with just the right amount of intrigue, danger, and sensual sex interwoven!! :2thumbs::thankyou:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I loved this one from the beginning. I think it's your best so far. I liked the ending b/c Vlad died at Dimitri's hand and I liked that Lucian was such an embattled soul and it came out big time in the last moments. he was good in some ways like dating Dimi so he didn't go to sasha when getting in the mob and for working with them in the end, yet, he was ready to shoot dimitri to get what he wanted. He's a great character. Ilia seems to be his conscience so it's good he's with him.
I am surprised Vlad even had the antidote at all. She's such a bitch. It was good she knew she'd been had for once before she got her head blown off. I was a bit scared when Dimitri waited for the police. I only wondered who was left for him to give the names of? He didn't get too far in the organization and they killed off most of those people that night. What could he offer and how would he explain those deaths. I'd have said at least that Raphael took Dimitri's gun or it'd be damning evidence that he killed some of them along with Vlad. Overall, it was nicely done. I am wondering why Raphael had to leave? I know he had his organization but would he have been brought into the investigation at all?
It was emotional when Dimitri was there when Talin woke up but it sounded like goodbye and poor talin couldn't really even ask anything. that would have been terrible for both of them. It was a sweet ending with them being together and getting to live by the lake.
I look forward to more of your work and the rest of the other story that you were working on too. Thanks for a great ending.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Bravo!! Great story. Exciting and romantic. Loved Dim and Talin, they are so perfect together. Buy that man a dozen rose bushes, Dim. Thanks for writing this one. :worship:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Sui, this was such a great story. I absolutely enjoyed it. It had everything: great characters, an exciting and well crafted story. I was on the edge of my seat at the end, and in the middle and at the start. lol. I couldn't imagine how they could get out of this mess. For some reason I really like Raphael, and if you ever feel like writing about him, I will read it. Thank you for sharing. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Another amazing story came to an end. I'll surely miss Dimitri and Talin but I'm happy they're living happily ever after in their dream home. They are so great together.

 

I really enjoyed this whole story, Sui; the twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat. This story was a perfect mix of romance and suspense.

 

I hope to get such more awesome stories from you. Thanks for sharing 'A Healing Heart':)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/08/2015 07:27 PM, Onim said:

Beautiful love story with just the right amount of intrigue, danger, and sensual sex interwoven!! :2thumbs::thankyou:

You're very welcome, glad you enjoyed this story!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/10/2015 05:58 AM, Cannd said:

I loved this one from the beginning. I think it's your best so far. I liked the ending b/c Vlad died at Dimitri's hand and I liked that Lucian was such an embattled soul and it came out big time in the last moments. he was good in some ways like dating Dimi so he didn't go to sasha when getting in the mob and for working with them in the end, yet, he was ready to shoot dimitri to get what he wanted. He's a great character. Ilia seems to be his conscience so it's good he's with him.

I am surprised Vlad even had the antidote at all. She's such a bitch. It was good she knew she'd been had for once before she got her head blown off. I was a bit scared when Dimitri waited for the police. I only wondered who was left for him to give the names of? He didn't get too far in the organization and they killed off most of those people that night. What could he offer and how would he explain those deaths. I'd have said at least that Raphael took Dimitri's gun or it'd be damning evidence that he killed some of them along with Vlad. Overall, it was nicely done. I am wondering why Raphael had to leave? I know he had his organization but would he have been brought into the investigation at all?

It was emotional when Dimitri was there when Talin woke up but it sounded like goodbye and poor talin couldn't really even ask anything. that would have been terrible for both of them. It was a sweet ending with them being together and getting to live by the lake.

I look forward to more of your work and the rest of the other story that you were working on too. Thanks for a great ending.

This story was both a struggle and fun to write...mostly because once again the genre was different from my usual fluff...^_^ been exploring danger lately. Lucian's character was interesting to explore, he's both a villain and a good guy, but in such a grey manner, he's hard to hate sometimes.

I had Dimitri wait because I felt it was time for him to just stop and face it, whatever comes. Running then might have meant living in the shadows again, so whatever the police wanted, he'd do it at that point, to save Talin, have a life with him...so it was more of him telling the police, yeah this was happening, I played this hand in it...and well...all I can give you is information on what I've done and who with. I've thought about the gun and the shooting, but since it's self defense, they'd have killed me first kind of defense, it would work with the investigator in charge. As for Raphael, he's naturally allergic to police...comes from his family business. I've been toying with the idea of exploring Raphael's love life...I'll see what comes out of it. For him, better to leave than even have some see him close to an investigation.

 

The ending felt already made when I was writing this. These two have always gravitated toward each other, so it was just a matter of removing obstacles on the outside so they could move in already...I think that was the best part of this story.

 

Cannd, I'm always glad for your indepth comments, I love them, thank you for taking your time to read this story of mine.

 

Cheers,

Sui.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/10/2015 12:52 PM, LadyDe said:

Bravo!! Great story. Exciting and romantic. Loved Dim and Talin, they are so perfect together. Buy that man a dozen rose bushes, Dim. Thanks for writing this one. :worship:

A dozen rose bushes stat!! Thanks LadyDe for reading. Dim and Talin are hot for sure. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/11/2015 07:30 PM, Suvitar said:

Great story! Plenty of excitement and scary things happening, but also love and romance :thumbup:

I think I scared people a lot with this one...:) Thank you for reading, Suvitar

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/13/2015 05:21 AM, Cole Matthews said:

Awesomme story full of life, character and action. wonderful job and thanks for sharing. i enjoyed immensely..

Thank you Cole, for reading this story and enjoying it. Truly!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/13/2015 07:08 AM, aditus said:

Sui, this was such a great story. I absolutely enjoyed it. It had everything: great characters, an exciting and well crafted story. I was on the edge of my seat at the end, and in the middle and at the start. lol. I couldn't imagine how they could get out of this mess. For some reason I really like Raphael, and if you ever feel like writing about him, I will read it. Thank you for sharing. :)

Thanks Aditus. The most interesting part, I read this comment and a few days ago, I was sitting thinking about Raphael. I'll see what can come off another brainstorm. Raphael was an intriguing character to write with this story, I do wonder how he'd turn out on his own..Thanks for reading, and I must have done a good job on the suspense...:) Thank you!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/13/2015 05:49 PM, sacredlove said:

Another amazing story came to an end. I'll surely miss Dimitri and Talin but I'm happy they're living happily ever after in their dream home. They are so great together.

 

I really enjoyed this whole story, Sui; the twists and turns kept me on the edge of my seat. This story was a perfect mix of romance and suspense.

 

I hope to get such more awesome stories from you. Thanks for sharing 'A Healing Heart':)

Thank you Sacred...Dim and Talin are still on my thoughts...glad you loved them.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 6/15/2017 at 6:58 AM, sweetlion86 said:

Another great story. Congratulations Suilan:hug:

Thank you so much for reading A Healing Heart! 

Finally figured out how to get my review notifications, and so replying to yours now.  

Thank you for all the reviews and reading my stories.

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..