Jump to content
    LillyLee
  • Author
  • 2,134 Words
  • 1,861 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Chance High - 16. Chapter 16

The afternoon went much the same as the last. The younger boy paired up with a kid from his own grade in the weight room. Toni glared at Marc when he tried to approach him after class. And he literally stopped mid stride, turned and walked the other way when he saw Marc waiting for him at his locker at the end of the day. This time when Marc sent him a goodnight text he didn’t get a response.

He didn’t realize just how bad things were until he got to Toni’s apartment the next morning. Mrs. Mancini answered the door, surprised to see Marc, and informed the boy Toni had already left.

Marc sat in his car with the engine running. His knuckles were white where he was gripping the steering wheel. On the bench where he used to hang out with his friends every morning, before he spent the extra time picking up Toni, said brown-eyed beauty was sitting. Matt sat on his left with their knees brushing together and Erik sat on his right, a coy smile on his face. Marc tried to take deep calming breaths, but he felt like his blood was boiling. He slammed his car door shut hard enough he made himself wince.

“What’s your boy doing with those two?” Alex and Jack were suddenly at his side. Marc shrugged, eyes never leaving from the trio.

“Relax, Marc, you know Erik. He’s just messing with you.” Jack put a comforting hand on his shoulder.

“We got into a fight. It was pretty bad.” Marc could hear the fear in his own voice and winced.

“You and Erik?” Alex asked, obviously confused.

“No, Toni. Yesterday before lunch. He was pretty upset. Been avoiding me since.”

“What did you fight about?”

“You know, that’s the thing. I’m not even sure.”

“Well, whatever you did, go apologise. Because Erik is trying to make a move on him.” Alex nodded to the bench. The pale eyed boy was leaning in close and whispering in Toni’s ear.

The only thing that stopped Marc from storming over there and ripping that blonde head off its shoulders was Toni putting his hand on Erik’s chest and pushing him back. Marc was close enough now to hear him say, in what the blue-eyed boy would be happy to label a harsh warning, “Personal space, watch it.”

All three looked up when a shadow fell over them. Erik scowled, Matt looked embarrassed and Toni raised his eyebrows expectantly.

“Can we talk, Toni?” Marc was a little ashamed at the way his quiet voice shook. Toni pursed his lips, as if he was thinking. With a sigh the smaller boy stood up and with his hand against Marc’s chest led him away from the others.

“Stop looking at me like I kicked your puppy, Marc.” Toni started his voice tight, “I’m pissed off, and I have every right to be.”

Marc felt bile rise in his throat, “Antonio, please...”

“Stop. If you apologize one more time I swear I’m going to hit you. And in case you forgot, which it seems like you have, I could easily kick your ass, Townsend.”

“What?”

Toni sighed; he wasn’t sure what to feel anymore. It was obvious Marc knew he did something wrong and felt bad about it, but it was just as obvious he had no idea what that was. He wasn’t as angry as he had been last night or this morning, but he still didn’t feel like giving in.

“Come here, kelp head.” Toni reached over and gripped the front of Marc’s shirt, pulling him close. The older boy had a confused smile on his face but didn’t hesitate to grip the shorter boy’s waist as soon as he was close. “Stop freaking out.” Toni whispered stretching up to the older boy’s ear. “Yes, I’m mad at you. It’s going to happen. A lot. I’ll get over it. Just chill, give me space.” Marc gripped his boyfriend and pulled him tight against himself as he nodded. Toni pulled back and brushed his lips against his boyfriend’s, as if he was giving permission. Marc smiled and closed the distance, bringing their lips together. He felt himself melt into the kiss, heat spreading through his body, and for a moment he forgot where he was. He reached out with his tongue, asking his boyfriend to open up and let him in. He was pleasantly surprised when the Italian complied. He swirled his tongue, trying to capture the taste he had been missing so much. It only lasted a moment, a few quickened heartbeats, and then Toni pulled back. They were both out of breath. Toni blushed hard when he heard Alex, Jack and Matt whooping and whistling.

Marc pressed their foreheads together with a smile, “I really missed you, baby.”

“I know Marc. Look, I’ll see you in gym okay?” He asked softly as he started to pull away.

Marc held tight, “What about lunch?” His voice held a slight edge of panic.

Toni shook his head, “I’m going for lunch with Matt. I told you I just need some space.”

“Then what the hell was that about?” Marc’s voice jumped, and now he was the one pulling back.

This time Toni held tight, his arms snaking around his boyfriend’s neck, “That was about reassurance. Letting you know that I’m not going anywhere. You’re still my boy, Marc, and I don’t want you to worry. I just need to take a breather.”

Marc took a deep breath, “Alright. Let me know when you’re done breathing.”

“I will.” Toni brushed his lips against Marc’s, in a soft chaste kiss, “The moment.”

X+X

 

“You need to talk to him.”

“I will. I just needed to take some time. Calm down. Otherwise it will just be a fight.”

“Toni...”

“Look, Matt, I said I’ll talk to him. And I will.”

They sat in the coffee shop down the street from the school, sipping their drinks and sharing an assortment of pastries. Toni needed to get away from the school, from the looks and whispers. He hated how his relationship was constantly under scrutiny. It had been bad enough with everyone talking about how they were together, but it’s even worse now that there were rumors of their break up. It didn’t help that Erik had been showing up at his side between classes all morning, obviously flirting with him. He had to duck into the washroom and sneak out of the school at the start of lunch to avoid the pale eyed boy. This morning when he got to school he had waited for him, sat with him on the bench real close and talking in hushed tones. Sprinkles of Italian and gentle touches. Toni had to keep telling himself that the boy wasn’t attractive, that hearing his mother tongue wasn’t making his heart race. He found himself both annoyed and flattered by the attention.

“Toni?”

“Sorry, what?”

“You kind of zoned out there on me. Thinking about Marc?”

“Erik.”

“Really? Why?”

Toni sighed; there was no way he could tell Matt the truth. “He’s just getting on my nerves.”

“Yea, Erik does that. Look, don’t get mad, but I’m worried.”

“About Erik?”

“He likes to mess with people, Toni, and he’s obviously already gotten in your head.”

“He’s not in my head!” Toni snapped.

Matt raised one eyebrow, “He’s the one putting these doubts about Marc in your head. And there’s a good chance he’s doing it on purpose.”

“It doesn’t matter his intentions if he’s right.”

Matt sighed, “Talk to your boyfriend. Come on we better get back before you're late.”

X+X

Toni found his mind wandering while he got changed for gym. He seemed to be preoccupied by pale eyes and blonde hair. He was so lost in his thoughts when strong hands gripped his waist he jumped and spun around. Marc stood behind him, hands held up in surrender.

“Sorry, Antonio, I didn’t mean to startle you. I called your name.”

Toni took a deep breath as he bent down to pick his shirt up from where he dropped it, “It’s okay. I was just a little lost in my head.” Toni looked up at his boyfriend and felt his face flush as sharp blue eyes raked over his bare torso. The younger boy shivered as the tip of a tongue darted out to moisten full pink lips. Marc’s eyes shot up to meet dark ones when he realized what he had done and it was his turn to blush.

“Sorry.” The older boy mumbled.

Toni smirked. “Enjoying the view?” his voice low and husky. He saw his boyfriend swallow hard.

“You have no idea.” Came the low response. Toni chuckled as he pulled his shirt over his head, turning to close the locker. The heat of another body was suddenly very close to his back, warm breath tickling his ear. “I can’t believe you're mine.” Soft lips brushed his temple before the taller boy pulled away as others began to file into the change room. Toni hoped he didn’t look as flustered as he felt.

Marc winked at his boyfriend as he changed into his gym uniform, smirking when Toni closed his eyes in embarrassment. And guilt. He was ashamed that he hadn’t heard Marc calling his name because he was thinking about another boy. Erik wasn’t anywhere near as gorgeous as Marc; he was thin and gangly. His hair bland like straw and his eyes were pale. But something about the boy seemed to captivate the Italian. He carried himself with arrogance and a twinkle in his eye that seemed to say he knew things no one else did. He was obviously intelligent and his handle on the Italian language was impressive. Marc made him feel safe and cherished but Erik made him feel like he was being stripped bare. His entire soul lay out on the table for the blonde to study. And for some reason the idea excited Toni. He hated being vulnerable and yet he had to force himself not to shiver when those all knowing eyes bore into his own. They seemed to look right inside him to discover his every insecurity. This pale eyed boy had to power to destroy Toni in ways there was no defense from. He reminded the dark-eyed boy of the way Daniels used to control him psychologically. Yet it wasn’t fear he felt whenever Erik approached him. It was anticipation. It was like this boy had cast a spell on him and it was drowning out everything but the caster. Toni knocked his forehead on the locker in defeat. He had no idea what was happening to him but there was no way he could face Marc right now. He grabbed his clothes out of the locker and raced out of the change room. Hoping on a bus he sent Marc what he hoped was a reassuring text before turning off his phone. He needed to figure himself out and he needed to clear that warlock out of his head. He couldn’t bring himself to look at his boyfriend while his mind was clouded by Erik.

X+X

Marc tried not to panic when Toni failed to come out of the change room. He told Coach Seely Toni was sick, even though he didn’t believe it. When the end bell rang he raced into the change room to grab his phone. His hand shook as he reached for his phone and opened the text waiting for him. He felt his stomach clench and his breath hitch. Part of him praying it was from Toni, telling him he really was sick and needed to go home. Part of him hoping the dark-eyed boy would be waiting in the hall with an explanation. After reading the text Marc slid to the floor leaning his head against the cool locker. No matter how many times Toni tried to tell him otherwise he couldn’t help the sick feeling in his gut that said he was going to lose him. He could feel the younger boy slipping away and it made his chest hurt. He had no idea what to do and it seemed the harder he tried to hold on the more the younger boy pulled away. But he couldn’t let him go. God he’d never loved anyone as much as he loved that boy, and he was starting to think that love was going to kill him.

X+X

I’m sorry, Marc. God I’m so sorry. I just needed to run. Please, try not to worry. Everything's going to be okay. I’ll come back to you. Please, Marc, I know I’m always keeping you waiting. Just a little more. You’re still my boy.

 
 
Copyright © 2016 LillyLee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/23/2016 02:25 PM, purrbaby said:

Did I miss something?

Lol yea opps! I hit publish now instead of later. Lol

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..