Jump to content
    LillyLee
  • Author
  • 4,291 Words
  • 3,110 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Chance High - 11. Chapter 11

"So today we start with the not so fun part of physical education. Here I have your first project." The class groaned. "We'll be splitting into pairs, one from each grade to make my life easier. Each pair will choose one of the topics off the list I will be handing out and prepare a 30-45 minute presentation for the class. Presentations start next week, the longer it is the more likely to get a better grade. We will have three periods in the library for research the rest you have to do on your own. Pair off and we'll head off to the library."

Marc turned to Jack but felt a hand on his elbow. Toni stood behind him, looking only a little uncomfortable.

"Want to work together?" He asked shyly.

Marc answered without hesitation. "Definitely." Then turned back to Jack. "Oh um Jack,"

"Hey now, don't worry about me. You two have fun." He said with a wink before heading off to find his own partner. Marc turned back to Toni and smiled, the smaller boy smiled back.

By the end of class they had started and scrapped four topics before settling on ‘a comparison between the health benefits of contact sports and the possible injuries’.

"So," Toni started as they entered the change room after class. "We should get together tonight."

Marc nodded in agreement. "I think that's a very good idea."

Toni chuckled. "To work on the project."

"Of course." Marc smirked. "I could come to your place after school."

"Alright, I'll meet you out front."

Toni walked over to his locker to get changed. He had made a habit of staying as far away from Marc, but he couldn't resist glancing over his shoulder at the older boy. Marc had already put his jeans on and was facing Toni while he took off his shirt. Toni gave the tight muscles a quick scan before meeting his eyes. Marc smirked and raised an eyebrow, as if he was asking Toni what the verdict was. Toni shrugged and turned away hoping to hide the blush. For once he didn't even think to consider if anyone else had noticed.

Jack noticed and spent the whole computer class making suggestive smiles at Toni.

"Cut it out Jack. I swear."

Jack rolled his chair over so he could have a whispered conversation with the Italian. "Soo? Does this mean what I think it means? Next step for Broni?"

"What are you talking about? And what the hell does Broni mean?"

"Marc and Toni!"

"Jack!" Toni glanced around to see if anyone was listening.

"Toni! Come on, you two are so cute together! I know we're all pretending we don't know you two have something going on, but I was thinking maybe this is the start of the next step."

Toni felt the blood drain from his face. "What do you mean we all? Who all?"

Jack laughed. "Relax, I just mean our little group. I may not have been there that weekend but I know something happened. It’s not like its super obvious or anything. Although... If you two keep making eyes at each other in the change room I think it's going to get around."

Toni groaned and put his head down on the desk in front of him. Jack laughed again.

"Would it really be so bad?" The Latino asked seriously.

"What?"

"I just mean, Marc's great, why don't you want people to know about you two? So many people would be jealous, but it’s obviously something real."

Toni blinked. "It’s not that simple. Besides there's nothing to know."

"Yet?"

Toni smiled slowly. "Yet."

"But, maybe soon?"

Toni nodded. "I think so, maybe, yea. Just don't say anything. We're trying to take this slow and I don't like the attention it will generate."

Jack nodded, a huge smile still glued to his face "Don't worry, Toni, I’m not a gossip."

"Yes you are." He replied with a laugh.

"Okay, usually, yes. But in this case, I'll keep my mouth shut."

"Thanks, Jack."

+X+

After school Toni ran to catch Matt at his locker.

"Hey, Toni. What's up?"

"I'm sorry, but I have to bail on you tonight."

"Really? What's more important than junk food and BBC?"

Toni blushed. "Marc."

"Thank God, finally!" Matt ruffled his hair.

"It’s just a school project. But that’s a start right?"

"Right! Start slow, like I said. I guess you forgave him for his behavior at lunch?"

"Yea. I mean, behavior like that isn’t okay, but it’s kind of cute how jealous he gets." Toni stammered looking at his feet. “That he cares enough to be jealous.”

"It kind of is. Besides, I told you it wasn’t a big deal anyways. Alright, you two crazy kids have fun tonight."

"Thanks, Matt!"

The friends smiled and Toni ran off to meet Marc.

+X+

Marc sat on the hood of his blue Sebring with Alex and Daphne to wait for Toni.

“So, you and Toni, hanging out.” Daphne wiggled her eyebrows at Marc.

“We’re just working on a project.”

“Come on, you don’t actually believe that.” Alex cut in, “I mean he didn’t ask you to be his partner because you’re oh so smart.”

Marc glared at his friend. “Okay, so yes, the thought did cross my mind that he wants this excuse to hang out. And I’m trying really hard not to get my hopes up but inside I’m screaming like a 12-year-old girl. But here he comes and if either of you two do anything to make him feel awkward I swear to the Gods I will hurt you.” Marc jumped down from his car and smiled at Toni. “You ready to go?”

“Mhmm. I forgot you drove.” Toni eyed the car suspiciously.

“If you can call it driving.” Alex mumbled, earning a glare from Marc.

“Come on, Toni, let’s go.” He walked around and got into the driver side.

Toni waved to Alex and Daphne before climbing into the passenger seat and clicking on his belt.

“I was going to open your door for you, but I figured that would be a bad idea.”

Toni laughed. “Yea, I would have had to fight the urge to punch you in the gut. And I may have lost.”

“Well, just wanted to tell you, I thought about it. Being a gentleman and all.”

“Would you have opened the door for Alex?” Toni pointed out.

“No. But I don’t have a huge crush on Alex.” Marc replied with a smirk and a wink. Toni blushed and looked out the window. “I’m sorry, was that inappropriate?” Toni shook his head with a small smile. “Good. If I cross the line, just tell me alright?”

“Alright, Marc.” Toni rolled his eyes. They rode the rest of the way in a comfortable silence.

 

Toni led Marc down the hall to his room, again only closing the door halfway even though his Mom wasn’t home yet. Toni sat at his desk and pulled out his books as he waited for his computer to boot up.

“So where do you want to start? What kind of presentation are we doing? Maybe like a Powerpoint.” Toni looked up, Marc was standing just behind the (almost) closed-door. His bag still on his back, eyes on his shuffling feet. “You okay?”

Marc looked up at Toni, eyes full of guilt. “I’m sorry.”

“For what? Sit down, let’s get started.” Toni turned back to the computer to log on before noticing Marc still hadn’t moved. He stood up and stopped in front of the green-eyed boy. “Hey, what’s going on?”

Marc finally looked Toni in the eyes, his cheeks held a deep blush. “Your bed.”

“What about it?” Toni whirled around to make sure nothing embarrassing was sitting on his bed. It was a little rumpled, the sheets sticking out the side, but he wasn’t sure what Marc was talking about. Toni froze when he felt the other boy step close to his back, his breath hot as he whispered in his ear.

“You have black sheets. They look so soft and comfortable.” Toni squinted at his bed confused, but Marc continued before he could ask what he meant. “I’ve had some really good dreams about those sheets. Some really...bad...thoughts. It’s sort of hard to concentrate.” Marc brushed his hand across Toni’s neck before leaning in close. His lips just barely touching the smooth olive skin. Toni shivered. Marc smiled against his neck and Toni felt a brush of lips and the gentle caress of his tongue. The front door slammed and the boys sprang apart.

“Toni? You home Bambino?”

Toni rushed back to his computer and Marc finally sat on the bed after grabbing Toni’s book and opening it on his lap. Mrs. Mancini pushed the door open and raised her eyebrows in surprise.

“Nice to see you again, Marc.”

“Good evening Mrs. Mancini. How are you?”

“I’m fine.” Her eyes narrowed as she glanced at her son.

“Marc and I have a project for class.”

“Alright. Dinner will be ready in an hour.” She turned to leave but stopped at the door. “Leave this door open.” And she walked down the hall leaving the door wide.

Marc exhaled hard and fell on his back. Toni tried not to laugh. His eyes scanned down the length of the older boy. He wondered about those bad thoughts Marc had mentioned. Seeing Marc stretched out on his bed was giving him some bad thoughts of his own. A small smile began to creep onto his face when he noticed the book Marc had grabbed to hide his erection. It was upside down.

“Oh my God, Marc!”

“I know, that was close I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done that.” His arms thrown over his face muffling his voice.

“No I don’t care about that. Look at the book.”

Marc looked down, his eyes went wide and his face went red. “No wonder she left the door open.”

The two boys broke out into laughter. There’s no way Toni’s mother was fooled by that.

 

“This bed is really comfortable.” Marc commented, as he sat against the headboard, the books on his lap now facing the right way. Toni turned to look at him; he had to remember not to do that again as long as the boy was in his bed. His face burned. Marc chuckled.

“Maybe I should sit on the floor.” He said as he slid off.

“I don’t think it really matters where you sit.” Toni mumbled.

Marc smiled mischievously. “We better get some work done, before it’s too late.” Toni nodded and turned back to his computer. Why had he thought he could actually do a project with Marc Townsend? His very presence was unbelievably distracting.

By the time Toni’s mom called them for dinner they had a plan in place for their project. They could get some work done separately then put it all together. It seemed very difficult to get any real work done when they were in the same room.

Toni was happily surprised by how well dinner went. Marc and his Mom got along very well and the three of them kept up a constant easy chatter through the meal. His Mother didn’t seem at all bothered by what she almost walked in on. After insisting on helping with the dishes Marc declared it was time for him to go. He grabbed his bag and Toni walked him to the door.

“I had a good time Toni. Maybe, I don’t know, we could hang out again? Without the school work?” Marc looked as his feet as he mumbled the question.

Toni smiled. “I think that would be okay. Maybe, we could go to your house?”

Marc’s head shot up, a huge smile on his face. “Really?”

“Really.” Toni laughed. “But you know, just, as friends.” He added.

Marc’s smile wavered, “Right. Of course.”

“At least for now, okay?” Toni added. Marc nodded. “See you tomorrow.”

“Good Night Tonio.” Without giving him a chance to pull away Marc darted forward and placed a gentle kiss on Toni’s cheek before slipping out the door and heading to his car.

+X+

Marc lived in a small apartment, but the kind that just made you feel at home. It was filled with knick-knacks and photos, the furniture warn but obviously comfortable. You could tell everything had been chosen for love and comfort. It was Wednesday night and Toni followed his friend through the kitchen into a small bedroom off the hall. No one was home and Toni flinched a little when he heard the click of the door closing behind him. Marc dropped his bag and flopped on his bed flicking on a small TV with a remote. He sat with his back against the headboard and his legs stretched out in front of him.

"What do you want to watch?" He said as he flipped through the channels. Marc looked up and noticed Toni was still standing by the door. He patted the bed next to him, "Sit down, Antonio, I'm not going to bite." He said with a gentle laugh. Toni walked slowly over and sat next to his crush. Marc smiled again and turned back to the TV. Toni tried not to be awkward but for some reason he was nervous. Actually he knew why, he was alone with Marc in his room. The door was closed and they were sitting so close their arms were touching. He tried to focus on the TV and not the dirty thoughts that were running through his mind. He could see Marc smirking out the corner of his eye.

"I'm glad my discomfort makes you so happy."

"I'm sorry, I just kind of like knowing that our closeness affects you as much as it does me." Marc replied with a chuckle.

"It doesn't seem to affect you that much." Toni muttered adjusting into a more comfortable position.

"Oh trust me, I'm very affected." Marc winked making Toni’s blush deepen.

They settled on a reality show called Deadliest Warrior. Toni wasn't sure at what point in the show they moved but by the end Marc's arm was around his waist and Toni's head snuggled against his shoulder. They didn't bother changing the channel when the next show came on, even though neither of them were interested it in. Toni felt Marc's hand gently caressing his hip. He fought a shudder. Marc turned towards him and using his free hand tilted Toni's face up towards him. He leaned slowly down towards him and stopped just before their lips met.

"Is it okay...?" Marc asked softly. Toni nodded, not trusting himself to speak. Then Marc's lips were brushing against his own and all thought vanished. When he noticed Toni wasn't pulling away Marc shifted a little more and cupped his cheek to deepen the kiss. Marc's lips moved against his and after a few seconds Toni began to kiss him back. Marc wrapped his arm tighter pulling Toni's body against his own making them both shiver. Toni wrapped one arm around Marc's waist and reached up with his other to run his fingers through his soft black hair. Marc reached his thumb up and gently pushed on Toni's chin as his tongue slipped out to demand entrance. Toni let the pressure of Marc's thumb open his mouth and couldn't help the soft moan that escaped his lips when the older boy’s tongue began to explore. His head was fuzzy and he couldn't think, but for once he just didn't care. He was kissing Marc and his lips and tongue tasted like salt. Marc moved again pulling Toni down with him till they were pressed up against each other. Toni felt himself starting to get harden and Marc's own erection pressed into his hip. Toni pulled away.

"Marc, wait..."

Marc pulled back. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get carried away like that." The boys detached from each other and sat back against the headboard side by side. "I've wanted to kiss you from the moment I saw you." He whispered, clearly out of breath.

Toni couldn't help but smile, he wasn't sorry they had kissed, he’d wanted it to.

"It’s okay, really. I just don't want to go to fast. I need to take it slow."

Marc chuckled softly as he wrapped his arm around Toni's shoulders and pulled him against his side.

"Darling if we went any slower we'd be moving backwards." He joked. Toni poked him in the ribs with a laugh of his own. Snuggling into his side Toni draped one arm across Marc's waist and settled in to watch some show about cars that was now on the TV.

 

It was an hour later Toni heard the front door open and a woman’s voice call out.

"Marc?" Toni tried to pull away but Marc kept his arm on his shoulder.

"Yea, Mom, were in here." He answered.

"Isn't she going to be upset?" Toni hissed.

Marc shook his head. "Naw. Were both dressed, on top of the blankets. She doesn't care if I have boys in my room."

A minute later the door opened and Mary Jackson stood in the doorway. Toni fidgeted and tried to casually put some distance between them. Marc smirked.

"You must be Toni." Her voice was pleasant and her smile warm. She looked like a kind motherly type.

"Yes, ma'am." Toni replied. How did she know who he was? Had Marc actually mentioned him to his mother?

"It’s nice to finally meet you." She said with a smile. "Marc, let the poor boy go, he's obviously uncomfortable." She added to her son. Marc loosened his grip and let Toni pull away. Both boys blushed. "Would you like to stay for dinner, Toni?" She asked. Toni glanced at Marc, who nodded encouragingly.

"Oh, sure. That would be nice." Toni said, hoping his smile looked genuine.

"Alright then. I'll give you a shout when it's ready." She said with a smile. "Behave." She added as she left, but she did close the door behind her.

"Told you she wouldn't care." Marc teased pulling Toni close again. "I'm sorry I made you uncomfortable." He added. Toni turned his face up to shoot Marc a pretend glare. The older boy chuckled and leaned in the place a soft chaste kiss on his lips. They snuggled back up and pretended to turn their attention back to the TV.

X+X

Mary Jackson didn't only look like the sweet motherly type; she truly was the nicest lady Toni had ever met. Don't get it wrong. His own Mother was plenty nice and Toni loved her to death, but she was Italian and had the temper to prove it. Toni couldn't picture Mary ever raising her voice, but he bet she did a wicked disappointed face. Toni prayed he'd never find out. They had a pleasant conversation during dinner. Toni felt completely comfortable with Marc's mom. He'd worry about the implications of that later. After dinner they sat in the living room, Mary on a comfortable looking chair and Toni and Marc on the couch. Marc took Toni's hand and intertwined their fingers like it was the most natural thing in the world. Mary didn't even blink an eye at it as she told stories about Marc growing up.

X+X

When it was time to go Marc grabbed his keys and followed Toni to the door. He held Toni's hand the whole drive. When they got to his house Marc turned the car off.

"Do I get a kiss goodnight?" The older boy asked shyly. Toni nodded and leaned towards him.

It was meant to be a quick soft kiss but when Marc reached over and buried his hands in Toni's hair the younger boy gasped. Marc pulled him closer tilting his head and deepening the kiss. Toni didn't need the hint this time to open his mouth to let Marc taste him.

Much too soon for Marc's liking Toni pulled away, both boys were panting hard. Marc rested his forehead against Toni's.

"Sorry. Kind of." Marc chuckled.

Toni reached up to fiddle with the zipper on Marc's sweater. "Marc...I ... I mean we can’t...at school."

"Relax, Tonio; I'm not going to hang all over you or jump you at school. We had a great night, one we can hopefully repeat?" Toni nodded adamantly causing Marc to chuckle again. "Good. What happens between us is nobody’s business and we don't have to advertise this. Whatever we decide it may be."

“Don’t take this the wrong way, but that’s not the attitude you had the last week. What’s changed?”

“Well,” Marc gently brushed his hand through Toni’s hair. “That whole misunderstanding with Matt sort of made me realize that I was being unfair and closed-minded. When I thought you were with him... I felt like I had lost you and it was all my fault. I couldn’t stand that, Toni, losing you. And then you told me you liked me and I realized that really that’s all that matters. You and me. Who care about the rest of it?”

Toni smiled and leaned in to give Marc another quick kiss. "Your amazing Marc. Really, thank you."

As Toni climbed out the car Marc called out to him. "There's no one else. I just wanted you to know, that there's no one else in my life Toni." Toni felt himself smile as he gave a small wave and headed inside.

X+X

He kissed Marc. No, he didn't just kiss Marc, he was pretty sure that would be considered making out. Toni lay in bed that night trying to figure out what exactly this was going to mean for them. Marc made a point of telling Toni he wasn't seeing anyone else. But was Toni ready to take the next step in their relationship? He snuggled down into the blankets wishing again he wasn't so afraid. He looked down at the black sheets Marc had been so entranced by and smiled to himself. The physical things seemed to be second nature to them. Every touch and kiss, while exciting, still felt natural and comfortable. It was the other stuff that made Toni uncomfortable. Relationships and dating was something that Toni just didn’t get. But the other stuff, Toni sighed heavily, that he got. Sure, he’d had a couple kisses, boys and girls. But he’d never kissed anyone the way he kissed Marc, he’d never wanted someone the way he wanted Marc. He felt himself harden at the thought of Marc’s body pressed against his. His strong arms wrapped tightly around him, his soft lips moving roughly against his own. He reached down to grasp himself as he thought about what the black sheets did to Marc to make him so distracted. The way they both seemed to forget themselves as soon as their lips touched. The light taste of salt and the way he pushed Toni’s mouth open so his tongue could explore. He reached over quickly to grab the box of Kleenex on his nightstand so he wouldn’t make a mess. Only a little while later he fell into a deep and comfortable sleep dreaming about his Marc Townsend.

X+X

Marc, on the other hand, did not sleep well. He spent such a long time in the shower thinking about Toni that his Mother actually knocked on the door to check on him. When he crawled into bed all he could think about what it would be like to have Toni here with him. He still remembered what it felt like to fall asleep with the smaller boy in his arms, and he missed that feeling. His mind jumped to how it felt to be holding him in his bed earlier that day. The way Toni responded willingly to Marc made him hard. The small sounds that came from his mouth made Marc shiver. Marc had been with other guys before, more than he would care to admit, and a number of girls as well. But he had never felt the way Toni made him feel; confident and nervous all at the same time. There was no awkward fumbling, they seemed to fall together like that was just the way they were supposed to be. And Marc was excited to take their relationship to the next level. He wanted Toni to be his, even though he told Toni he didn’t care. He was willing to wait. He meant what he said about not wanting to lose him, but so badly he wanted to call the Italian his own. To walk down the halls at school hand in hand, to wrap his arm around Toni’s shoulders at lunch while they shared a plate of fries. He wanted the world to know Toni Mancini was his. Marc tossed and turned, he needed to get some sleep, but his mind was running in circles. Toni was so happy when Marc said he didn’t care about a real relationship. He did feel guilty that he hadn’t admitted how much he wanted more. He was scared he had given Toni an excuse to never solidify their relationship.

Marc ran his hand through his black hair; he needed to stop worrying about this. It would happen when it happened. He needed to stop fixating on labels and just enjoy whatever time he spent with the boy he adored. He closed his eyes and called up his favorite fantasy. It involved some sweaty wrestling and Toni’s soft black sheets. Reaching down to grasp himself Marc tried to take his own advice to just enjoy Toni. Whatever he was willing to give him.

 
 
Copyright © 2016 LillyLee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well things are looking up ;). Hopefully Toni will be able to accept that Marc is real and that Marc will understand that Toni is just scared. I think their friends will have a huge part in making both see the truth. Great story and great characters. Maby a meeting of the mothers in the future? Looking forward to the next chapter :).

Link to comment

Poor Marc, he has to wait patiently till Toni is ready to accept him whole heartedly, but I am sure it is going to be worth every minute of it!
Toni hopefully sees that Marc is really into him and very serious
Love the story, always looking for the next chaptre

Link to comment
On 12/02/2016 11:44 AM, long1jo said:

Poor Marc, he has to wait patiently till Toni is ready to accept him whole heartedly, but I am sure it is going to be worth every minute of it!

Toni hopefully sees that Marc is really into him and very serious

Love the story, always looking for the next chaptre

Im so glad you are enjoying it! Thanks for the review

:)

Link to comment
On 12/02/2016 04:36 AM, wenmale64 said:

Well things are looking up ;). Hopefully Toni will be able to accept that Marc is real and that Marc will understand that Toni is just scared. I think their friends will have a huge part in making both see the truth. Great story and great characters. Maby a meeting of the mothers in the future? Looking forward to the next chapter :).

Thanks for reviewing! Im glad you are enjoying it!

Link to comment

Ok so I really enjoyed this chapter. And yes I liked Marc in this chapter. As long as can maintain that mentality that what really matters is the two of them together, I think they'll get a lot closer that way. With the pressure off and specific expectations, they've been able to bond naturally.

 

I liked that they went to each other's home and had quality time with the moms. They're comfortable in each other's lives, and that will go a long way toward solidifying the relationship they are forming.

 

One thing I should say, since I've been negative toward Marc, is that his lack of confidence with Toni, has really brought him down to earth for me. He hasn't been too cocky, and he does have good intentions, so yes I think he deserves a shot.

 

All in all, good chapter, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Link to comment
On 12/03/2016 05:53 AM, spikey582 said:

Ok so I really enjoyed this chapter. And yes I liked Marc in this chapter. As long as can maintain that mentality that what really matters is the two of them together, I think they'll get a lot closer that way. With the pressure off and specific expectations, they've been able to bond naturally.

 

I liked that they went to each other's home and had quality time with the moms. They're comfortable in each other's lives, and that will go a long way toward solidifying the relationship they are forming.

 

One thing I should say, since I've been negative toward Marc, is that his lack of confidence with Toni, has really brought him down to earth for me. He hasn't been too cocky, and he does have good intentions, so yes I think he deserves a shot.

 

All in all, good chapter, and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Im really glad you're liking it!

 

That insecurity is important to making him human. Iv'e written so far a head sometimes I forget which chaptet you guys are on lol. His charecter is finally coming together!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..