Jump to content
    LillyLee
  • Author
  • 1,811 Words
  • 3,704 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Chance High - 4. Chapter 4

Toni groaned as his alarm woke him from a deep sleep. He was having a very good dream. A certain blue-eyed beauty had Toni against a wall, his hands clenched in his hair. His tongue exploring and tasting... Toni groaned again and shook his head. He had to stop thinking about him. He rolled out of bed and headed for the shower. This was going to be a long day, he still hadn’t figured out what he was going to say when Marc asked him why he took off.

He managed to avoid him all morning, but it was almost lunch and he knew he wouldn’t be able to avoid him in gym class.

“You okay Toni? You seem tense today.” Warren asked in a whisper, leaning towards his desk. Trying not to catch the teacher’s eye.

“I’m fine Warren.”

“Party was a bust? I knew it would be, you should have just listened to me.”

Toni nodded. Part of him wanted to punch Warren for acting so smug, even though he was right.

“Look, Marc and his friends pretend to be nice, but they aren’t trust me. That is not a group you want to cross.”

“You always say things like that, what happened?”

“Let’s just say I’ve seen Marc’s true colors. And they are not pretty.” Warren said with a sneer. The bell rang and Toni gathered up his books and followed Warren towards the door. “But don’t worry Toni, I got your back.” He smiled, and Toni tried to give him a genuine smile back.

What did Warren mean he’s seen Marc’s true colors? What happened between those two? And if Marc was such a bad guy, how come no one else seemed to notice?

+X+

Marc leaned on Toni’s locker. He hadn’t seen him before class and he hoped to catch him when he came out of history. He hoped Toni wasn’t avoiding him.

“You okay Marc?” Isabelle Durand snapped him back to attention, she was opening a locker a few down from him.

“What? Yea, I’m just waiting for Toni. I have to talk to him.”

“Oh, well, maybe you shouldn’t right now.” Isabelle frowned.

“Why not? Did he say something to you?” Marc stepped towards her.

“No, Toni didn’t say anything. But he’s always pretty quiet. Simon said something happened at the party on Friday, I’m guessing that’s why you wanted to talk to him.”

“You don’t think I should?”

“Well, I don’t know what happened. But I do know Toni has history with Warren second period, so they will be together when he comes to his locker. I know you two have a past.”

Marc groaned, he knew Warren wouldn’t make it easy for Marc to get Toni alone.

“Any suggestions?”

Isabelle shrugged. “I can try to talk to him at lunch, I’m sure Jenny would keep Warren distracted for me.”

“You’d do that for me?”

“Of course I would. You’re one of Simon’s best friends. And a really nice guy. Warrens an ass. While I have no idea what’s going on with the three of you, I know Warren gets mad anytime Toni talks to you. Or if anyone brings you up around him. Jenny has started talking about you and Alex all the time just to piss him off.”

Marc couldn’t help but laugh. “I thought you were friends with him?”

“We are, and that’s why it’s up to us to show him how much of a jerk he’s being.”

“Thanks Isabelle.”

“Sure. Just, one more thing, I promise not to say anything, but you do like him right? I don’t want to help you out if you’re just going to hurt him.”

Marc nodded, “I really do.” He said with a blush, “But I’m pretty sure you’d have a better shot with him than I would. If you get what I mean.”

Isabelle nodded, “I do. I don’t know if you're right though. He hasn’t shown interest in anyone since he’s been here. He’s never mentioned past relationships or joined the boys when they comment on women. That boy is just a mystery. I guess that’s part of the intrigue though, isn’t it?” Isabelle gave him a smile and a wink.

Marc blushed again. “See you later Isabelle.” He mumbled.

He pushed off the locker and started down the hall. Just to smack into a hard body almost knocking the person of their feet. He reached out to steady the smaller boy before noticing it was Toni.

“Oh shit, sorry, I’m so... are you okay.”

Toni pulled away and glared, “Watch where you’re going.” He had a glare that could stop a stampeding bull in his tracks. Marc swallowed.

“Hey, I said I was sorry.” Marc frowned. “Everything alright, man?”

Toni sighed and rolled his eyes, “Look, Marc, I don’t know what I did to make you think we’re friends, but we’re not. So just leave me alone, alright?” Brushing past him Toni took off down the hall. Warren just folded his arms and smirked.

“What’s the matter Marc? You look a little lost.”

Marc glared at Warren before staring after Toni. He felt like his chest had been ripped open, and he was having trouble breathing. He was in no condition to face Warren right now. He glanced at Isabelle, who had watched the whole thing. Her eyes were filled with pity.

“Come on Warren, let’s go get some lunch.” She grabbed his arm and pulled him away. Looking back over her shoulder she mouthed to Marc “I’ll talk to him”. Marc nodded, but he couldn’t answer. He couldn’t move or breathe. He just stood there in the middle of the hallway. Staring after Toni until Alex and Jack showed up and dragged him out the side door into the empty courtyard.

+X+

It was the hardest thing Toni had ever done. The look on Marc’s face nearly destroyed him. Seeing the pain in those usually shining eyes. It took everything he had not to pull the older boy close and tell him it wasn’t true. Anything to make the pain go away. He almost skipped gym, dreading seeing Marc again so soon. It would have been a waste; both Jack and Marc were absent that afternoon.

He slid into his seat in computer science. He was almost disappointed that Jack still hadn’t arrived when the bell rang. He was starting to worry a bit. He could hear Chris and Steve arguing with Katie behind him.

“Gods! Why do you have to be so annoying?” She whispered harshly.

“Aw Katie, love, you wound us so.”

“We were just trying to make you smile.”

“Really? And you thought that would work?”

“What do you think Toni?” He turned when Chris (or maybe it was Steve, he couldn’t tell them apart) addressed him.

“Sorry?”

“These idiots painted a smiley face on the hood of my car, in peanut butter!”

Toni tried not to laugh, Katie looked like she was ready to throttle someone. “Well, it sounds like their hearts were in the right place.” He couldn’t even say it with a straight face.

“Laugh all you want Toni! I was in the hall at lunch. I saw what happened.”

Toni’s smile dropped, “What’s that supposed to mean?” The twins looked uncomfortable and wouldn’t meet Toni’s eyes.

“We all knew Warren was an ass, but no one realized it was contagious.”

“Chris, Steve, what is she talking about?”

“Marc. You were kind of harsh dude.” The first twin mumbled.

“He was pretty upset.” The second agreed.

Toni was saved from responding when the teacher called the class to attention. He hadn’t meant to hurt him, but he knew he had. And it was kind of killing him. Why was he so upset anyways? They had only talked a few times. It wasn’t like they were BFFs. He didn’t pay attention for the rest of the class and made his way to his locker after wards like a zombie. He didn’t even notice his friends were calling him until someone grabbed his shoulder. He felt like he jumped three feet in the air before he twirled around to face them.

“Holy shit guys, give me a heart attack.”

“We’ve been calling you from down the hall.” Jenny pointed out.

“Sorry, I was kind of lost in my own world.”

“I bet. Are you going to tell us what happened? Or just let the rumor mill twist it around?” Daphne crossed her arms and glared at him. He’d never met such a small girl with such a deadly glare.

“Ummm...”

“And don’t pretend you don’t know what we’re talking about.” Simon leaned against the locker, Isabelle at his side.

“I didn’t mean for it to come out so harsh.” Toni mumbled. “Besides, he over reacted. We barely know each other.”

“Look, Marc may seem like a tough guy, but in truth he’s kind of soft.” Jenny’s face softened. “Maybe you should apologize.”

“Why? I meant it. We’re not friends. I have no interest in being his friend. I’m sorry if he can’t accept that the world doesn’t fall at his feet.” Toni was angry. They were his friends, they should be supporting him. Why does everyone always act like he’s the bad guy?

“You really don’t get it, do you?” Isabelle asked quietly.

“No, I don’t and I don’t care.” Toni slammed his locker closed and stormed away. He didn’t need friends; he’d survived without them long enough. They wanted to coddle the poor puppy because the mean emo boy was a little harsh then fine.

By the time he got home his anger had dulled. He was suddenly exhausted. Knowing he hurt Marc was breaking his heart. And he was still confused about why the boy cared so much. Toni was a nobody, a shadow in the corner. Marc was a prince, with the world at his feet. He could do better, he deserved better. Toni groaned and tried to shake himself out of the self-pity party he seemed to be having. He peeled his clothes off and jumped into a hot shower, to try to clear his mind.

Unfortunately, his mind refused to be cleared. He couldn’t stop picturing the way those sky blue eyes shone in the moonlight last weekend. Or the way he pouted when Toni said he didn’t drink. The salty sea smell of his skin as he leaned in close and dumped his own beer down the drain. Or the way his voice sounded when he pleaded for Toni to come. For him. He hadn’t noticed when his hand had drifted down his body to grasp himself, but suddenly he spilled his seed all over the tiled wall. Surprising himself back to reality. With a groan he slid to the bottom of the tub and laid his head on his arms. He was so screwed.


 

Copyright © 2016 LillyLee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmm, from my point of view Marc is overdoing it big time, and really been since the first chapter. He finds Toni attractive and has been after him since the beginning of Toni's first day at the school. He might be a nice guy, and Toni might reciprocate the attraction, but Marc is coming on way too strong. Staking out his locker to force a conversation? Yeah that's at least a little awkward.

 

In my opinion, Marc is a little too golden boy to be believable. I'm curious what Warren's deal is exactly. We got a small glimpse of the history between Marc and Warren, and how Warren blew him off, but that doesn't explain Warren's hostility.

 

I will say that it's odd that everyone in Toni's circle of friends is pissed off that Toni was rude to Marc. I mean Toni can choose to be friends with whoever he desires right? I actually had some similar thoughts to Toni's response to all that. They barely have spoken and don't really know each other. Why was Marc so crushed that Toni didn't immediately become part of his group of his instant boyfriend or whatever? It's almost like things come a little too easy to Marc, and he just expects that things will go his way.

 

Anyway, interesting developments, I guess it's going to be a story of misunderstandings. Until they are inevitably brought together that is.

Link to comment

Ouch. Toni was pretty harsh to Marc. I know he wasn't rally thinking, and he was getting pissed that his "friends" weren't sticking up for him, but he was pretty rude.

 

And his "friends" were Marc's friends way before he showed up, so their allegiance is toward Marc, not him.

 

This was another great chapter Lilly! Just some constructive crit: be careful of sentence structure; there are some fragmented sentences here and there.

Link to comment
On 10/15/2016 05:46 AM, spikey582 said:

Hmm, from my point of view Marc is overdoing it big time, and really been since the first chapter. He finds Toni attractive and has been after him since the beginning of Toni's first day at the school. He might be a nice guy, and Toni might reciprocate the attraction, but Marc is coming on way too strong. Staking out his locker to force a conversation? Yeah that's at least a little awkward.

 

In my opinion, Marc is a little too golden boy to be believable. I'm curious what Warren's deal is exactly. We got a small glimpse of the history between Marc and Warren, and how Warren blew him off, but that doesn't explain Warren's hostility.

 

I will say that it's odd that everyone in Toni's circle of friends is pissed off that Toni was rude to Marc. I mean Toni can choose to be friends with whoever he desires right? I actually had some similar thoughts to Toni's response to all that. They barely have spoken and don't really know each other. Why was Marc so crushed that Toni didn't immediately become part of his group of his instant boyfriend or whatever? It's almost like things come a little too easy to Marc, and he just expects that things will go his way.

 

Anyway, interesting developments, I guess it's going to be a story of misunderstandings. Until they are inevitably brought together that is.

You have for sure given me some things to think about in regards to how I present my charecters, especially Marc.

 

Marc is for sure coming on strong; my thoughts behind this came from "typical high school puppy love". Teenagers become infatuated very easily, this situation was supposed to come off as Marc having this huge crush on a guy he barley knows and assuming that means it's meant to be. Hes the most popular guy in school and he always gets his way. He doesn't understand why Toni isn't falling into his arms. The more Toni resists the more mysterious and attractive he becomes to Marc. Marc's biggest flaw is needing everybody to like him. He thrives off external validation. Teenagers, in my experience, are pushy and awkward and often assume they should get what they want just because they want it.

Toni's circle does come off a bit harsh, but they were friends with Marc first. And they are all aware of Marc's crush on Toni. Toni never says "i don't want to hang out" at this point. They are friendly when they meet and Toni goes to this party with him and they have a moment. No one understands that Toni doesn't know Marc has a crush and they forget that just because they think Marc is awesome it doesn't mean everybody will.

Things do come easily to Marc and this is the first time he actually has to put some thought into trying to attract someone.

 

These thought and insights should have been evidant in the story but apparently I didn't make it clear enough. I'll see how I can work it in a bit more but hopefully this will help you enjoy the story a bit more and help it make some sense. Thanks for sharing your confusions it definatly gave me some things to work on! I know it's pretty cliche, for my first full lenght posted story I kept it pretty simple lol

Link to comment
On 10/16/2016 11:17 AM, Lisa said:

Ouch. Toni was pretty harsh to Marc. I know he wasn't rally thinking, and he was getting pissed that his "friends" weren't sticking up for him, but he was pretty rude.

 

And his "friends" were Marc's friends way before he showed up, so their allegiance is toward Marc, not him.

 

This was another great chapter Lilly! Just some constructive crit: be careful of sentence structure; there are some fragmented sentences here and there.

Thanks Lisa, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Teenagers can be fickle creatures lol!

 

And I appriciate the constructive critism. I always had a problem with run on sentances and now it seems I'm pushing too far the other way lol. I'll look out for it in future chapters!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..