Jump to content
    LillyLee
  • Author
  • 3,558 Words
  • 3,604 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Chance High - 8. Chapter 8

So I got some great editing advise but the glorious Lisa (that I greatly appreciate!), so I will be re-editing the whole story. Figured I would upload the chapters anyways as I go through them and I'll catch up eventually!

When the other boys returned Toni was fast asleep. Marc stood at the end of the bed and looked down on the sleeping boy. He looked peaceful, and much younger. Marc had the urge to snuggle in next to him, pull him close and bury his face in his hair.

“Go on Marc, Simon and I will share the other bed.” Alex had come up beside him and gestured towards the bed.

“I don’t think that’s a very good idea. He won’t like it.” Marc frowned, Toni would freak if he woke up in bed with Marc. He saw the look on the younger boys face when they came in the room and he realized there were only two beds.

“Someone’s got to, and he’s more comfortable with you then Simon or I.” Marc nodded, Alex was right. With one last pat on his back Alex crawled in next to Simon. His friends both faced the wall, giving them as much privacy as they could sharing a room.

Marc changed in the bathroom and crawled in next to Toni, careful not to jostle the bed or touch the sleeping boy. He couldn’t help but lay there and watch him sleep, he had never seen Toni so relaxed. He looked so young and innocent, Marc felt guilty for the perverted thoughts he had. Toni moaned and mumbled in his sleep, starting to toss. His face twisted and into a grimace. Marc froze; Toni looked like he was having a nightmare. He eased to his side and gently wrapped his arms around him pulling him against his chest. He rubbed his back and ran his fingers through his hair trying to comfort him. Toni relaxed against him, even snuggled in. Marc smiled, he wished Toni knew what he was doing. But for now he was selfish enough to enjoy holding his crush in his arms. With Toni cuddled to his chest Marc closed his eyes and fell asleep.

 

Toni woke up and snuggled into the warmth wrapped around him, until he realized it was a hard body. Toni stiffened; he was lying on his side face against Marc’s chest. His hands had somehow found their way up his shirt and rested on the older boy’s skin. Marc had one arm under Toni’s head like a pillow, the other wrapped tight around his waist. His face in Toni’s hair and his lips brushing against his forehead. Toni’s heart started to race. He didn’t want Marc or the other boys to wake up and find them like this but he worried if he moved he would wake Marc up. He heard Simon snoring from across the room and Marc’s breathing was deep and even. Toni forced himself to relax and took a few minutes to enjoy the feel of his strong arms around him. It surprised him, how safe he felt. He closed his eyes and forced his breath to slow. If he could pretend to be asleep when Marc woke up the older boy could remove himself without causing a scene.

After a few minutes Marc stirred, Toni continued to feign sleep. Marc started rubbing his back and brushed his fingers through Toni’s hair. Toni tried to hide the shudder it caused. He felt Marc’s lips brush across his forehead before he rolled himself away.

“Hey, Marcley you awake?” Alex’s voice came soft and low.

“Mhmm.” Marc mumbled.

“Simon and I are heading down to meet the girls for breakfast.”

“Mkay.” Was the response. Toni heard the door open and close, leaving the two boys alone. “Antonio, it’s time to wake up.” Marc had detangled himself from Toni and gently shook his shoulder. Toni blinked up at him, hoping he looked like he had just woken up. Marc rubbed his eyes and climbed out of bed. He reached his arms up and stretched, his shirt rose up to show a strip of tanned smooth skin. Toni looked away.

Marc sat down on the edge of the bed. “Did you sleep okay?” Toni nodded, he didn’t trust himself to talk. “Liar.” Marc said with a small smirk. “You were having a nightmare.” Toni didn’t respond. “I’m going to have a shower; we can head downstairs together if you don’t mind waiting.” Toni nodded again and watched as Marc grabbed his clothes and headed into the bathroom.

 

Marc stood under the hot water and let it ease his aching muscles. He had been selfish enough to enjoy holding Toni in his arms as they slept. He was hoping he had removed himself casually enough to not embarrass Toni about their sleeping arrangements. Marc laughed softly, he was glad Mr. Stark was clueless enough not to have realized he had put two gay guys in a room together.

Marc’s mind drifted to how Toni felt pressed up against him. The smell of his skin and the way his hands had run along Marc’s bare chest. He reached down and took a hold of himself. He had to make this quick but he knew he needed to release this before facing the boy again. Images came to him quick and his breath was harsh and shallow. He tried his best to stay quiet, as he pictured how Toni would look beneath him sweaty and panting. He imagined the feel of Toni’s lips on his as his small hands roamed over his muscles. And he thought about those black sheets. It didn’t take long; it never did when it came to Toni Mancini. Marc finished up his shower and shut the water off. Getting dressed a small part of him hoped Toni wouldn’t be finished changing when Marc came out. He felt himself start to get excited again and mentally slapped himself. That would embarrass Toni so much; it was selfish of him to wish that. He had to find a way to show Toni how he felt without making him feel uncomfortable or ambushed. He had to earn his trust slowly, no matter how much he wanted to rush.

 
 

When Marc came back into the room Toni had dressed and sat on the bed they had shared. It had been fresh made.

“You know, they pay people to do that for us.”

“Oh, right. Habit I guess.” Toni shrugged and climbed off the bed slipping past Marc to the bathroom, toothbrush in hand.

 
 

By the time Marc and Toni joined the others in the dining hall Toni was tense and uncomfortable. The easy way the rest of the group had with each other seemed to help Toni relaxed. No one mentioned the incident from yesterday. Or the way Marc had started hovering around Toni protectively. And no one said anything about them sharing a bed. Even Marc seemed a little more relaxed. He still kept close to Toni and guided him into their usual seat on the bus. But at least he wasn’t touching him or glancing every five seconds. As they climbed off the bus Mr. Stark handed them each a ticket.

“No one wanders off alone. Check in at the front doors in two hours. If I hear of any trouble you’ll be running laps in detention for the next month.” And with that the teens surged into the building with excitement.

Marc grabbed Toni’s hand and tried to lead him away,

“Come on, there’s supposed to be an awesome display of weaponry from the great ancient civilizations.” He looked excited and happy. Toni braced himself for the pain he was about to see as he pulled his hand roughly out of Marc’s. He tried to ignore the surprise and confusion Marc seemed to be drowning in. It was almost like a light had gone off and Marc just looked guilty.

“I’m sorry Toni, got a little carried away there. Please, come with me.” He tried to smile, but Toni could see he still felt like crap. Toni glanced around at their friends. They had started moving away in all directions without a word. As if they expected Toni and Marc to stay together.

Toni saw Madison nearby and turned towards her, “I don’t feel like seeing that now, Madison said something about knives, I’m going to go with her.”

“Toni, stay with me.” Marc pleaded and stepped closer, “Or I’ll come with you, I don’t mind. I don’t like the idea of you going off, all the competitors got tickets. He might be here.”

Toni stepped back, angry. “I don’t need a babysitter Marc! He caught me off guard yesterday but I’m not worried about him. Just stop treating me like a kicked puppy.” His fists balled at his side so hard it hurt.

“I just... I couldn’t stand it if something happened to you. If I wasn’t there...” Marc sounded so sad but Toni refused to allow himself to get sucked in.

“Gods, just stop okay? I don’t need you to protect me! I don’t want you to protect me. Hovering around like a mother hen, it’s a little pathetic. And frankly you should be embarrassed.” Toni turned away and jogged to catch up with Madison. Refusing to see the reaction his outburst had elicited from Marc.

 
 

Marc stared after him. He felt like his heart had been ripped out of his chest and he couldn’t breathe. What had he done? He was just trying to look out for him, to show Toni that he had his back. Okay, so maybe he had smothered him a little, but he didn’t think it was that bad. Alex, Breanna and Daphne came up beside him.

“You okay Marc?” Breanna rubbed her hand on his back. Marc shook his head, no he was most definitely not okay. He roughly wiped the tears out of his eyes and rushed away from his friends. Now he was crying, maybe Toni was right, he was pathetic. He pushed his way into the bathroom and splashed water on his face. Taking deep breaths he tried to steady himself. He spun around when he heard a low chuckle.

“Trouble in paradise? I saw you and my little kitten having a lover’s spat.” Daniels stood against the wall behind Marc, their eyes locked on each other in the mirror. Marc gripped the sink.

“Fuck off Daniels. You really don’t want to fuck with me right now.”

“Your right, you embarrassed me pretty good last night. But maybe I’ll go see if I can find a kitten to play with, he’s out there somewhere. All alone without his great protector. I wonder who will find him first.” And with that Daniels slipped out of the bathroom leaving Marc alone. The black-haired teenager kicked the garbage can before rushing out behind him. He had to find Toni.

 

Marc grabbed the others who were waiting nearby; they hadn’t seen Daniels slip by so they took off to find Toni. Marc was in a panic until he spotted Madison’s army fatigue jacket and he rushed towards her.

“Madison, where’s Toni? I thought he was with you?”

“He was. He wandered off a little while ago. Whatever.” Madison shrugged.

“I need to find him, now.”

“Chill Marc, if he wants to talk to you he’ll find you. Leave the kid alone alright.”

“No, you don’t understand. You saw what happened yesterday, that guy.”

“Yea...”

“He’s here, and he’s looking for Toni. He’s looking to punish me for beating him but he knows he can’t take me.”

Suddenly Madison seemed to understand, “So the coward is going to take it out on Toni. Don’t worry; Toni’s a lot stronger than he looks. And he has more combat training then you anyways.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Toni’s been taking martial arts for years. He’s got 1st level Kyu in Aikido and a blue belt in Judo.”

“How do you know?”

“We’re friends, we talk. Anyways, he may have frozen yesterday but I bet he’d actually be better off alone.”

“How could you say that?” Marc was shocked, how could Madison be so calm about this?

“Because, if there’s no one to watch his back he won’t freeze, he’ll fight. And I bet he’ll kick ass.”

“Yea, well that’s not exactly good either, Toni is on behavioral probation. If he gets caught fighting they’ll throw him out. They will send him to military school.”

Madison’s eyes went wide, “We have to find him.” and they rushed off together.

 

Marc felt like he had searched every inch of the place and he hadn’t seen either Toni or Daniels. His eyes caught on a sign above a door. EXIT. He pushed through into the back alley. He was so busy looking for Toni he didn’t notice Daniels come up behind him and shove him into the wall. Marc smacked his face on the brick and fell. His eyes swam and he felt blood dripping down his face.

“I’m going to enjoy kicking your ass pretty boy.”

Marc spat blood and tried to stand. He wobbled and couldn’t stop himself from leaning against the wall. “Coward, you know you can’t take me in a fair fight.”

“There is no fair in war.” Daniel smiled and stepped towards Marc cracking his knuckles.

“Oh come now, you don’t want to fight him.” Marc and Daniels both jumped at the sound of Toni’s voice. “It’s me you’re looking for.” Marc tried to push himself off the wall to get between Toni and the other boy, but Daniels pushed Marc to the ground. He was dizzy and a little nauseous.

“Sit down pretty boy, the kitten wants to play.” Daniels started towards Toni, who stood across the alley from him.

He shrugged out of his jacket and tossed it to Marc, “Hang on to that for me, will ya Marc.” He sounded so calm and looked relaxed. It was a complete 180 from the little boy he found in the hall yesterday. He could see Toni’s muscles ripple under his shirt, his sleeves tight on his biceps. Madison had been right, Toni may be small but he had muscles hidden under his baggy clothes.

The two boys faced off, tensed and ready to fight. Marc wished he could stand up, but that cheap shove into the wall had him down for the count. He watched as Daniels advanced on Toni swinging, but the smaller boy was too quick. He dodged and deflected every blow, and after a minute had his back to Marc with Daniels in front of the door panting.

“My little kittens all grown up, eh?”

“Don’t call me that.” Toni growled.

“Oh come on little kitten, quick dancing with me. Oh, wait, that’s right. You’re not allowed to fight. You can try to dance around all day but eventually I’m going to get a hit in, and you’ll go down. And your boyfriend is in no condition to defend himself.”

Marc saw Toni’s shoulders tense, his fists balled at his sides.

“Don’t do it Toni, he’s baiting you.” Marc pushed himself to his feet, his head spinning.

“Shut up Marc.” Toni snapped.

“Yea Marc, shut up” Daniels mocked, “Toni knows the choice he’s got to make now. If I take him down, you’ll be left open. If he takes me down, he’ll be shipped off the military academy. Do you know what they do to boys like our pretty little kitten in military school? You think I’m bad, woo wee, wait till the jarheads get a hold of him.”

Marc pushed himself off and pulled Toni around, “Come on Toni, let’s walk away, you and me. He’s not worth it.” Leaning his forehead against his.

“You can barely stand let alone walk.” Toni spat out, trying to push Marc against the wall.

Marc grabbed his waist and held on tight, “I can’t sit here and let you throw your life away. I can’t watch this ... Please don’t make me watch this.”

Toni sighed, unsure what to do. He didn’t have to heart to tell Marc Daniels wasn’t going to let them walk away.

“I’m going to be sick.” Daniels spat at them. “The two of you disgust me!”

Toni pulled away fiercely and tried to take a step towards him. Marc, who had used Toni to stay upright stumbled and grabbed hold again. Toni stopped, unwilling to let Marc fall, and glared at Daniels as he helped Marc back to the wall. Suddenly the door flew open, Mr. Stark and their friends spilling out. The teacher took one look at Marc trying to stay upright against Toni, blood on his face, and grabbed Daniels by his arm.

“Let’s go kid.” Mr. Stark dragged Daniels inside, “Get Marc to the bus!” He shouted back over his shoulder.

Simon came up and draped one of Marc’s arms around d his shoulder taking his weight.

Alex came up on his other side next to Toni. “Do you want me to...”

Toni shook his head, “Thanks, but I got him.”

The group made their way to the front of the building and helped Marc onto the bus. Toni slid to the inside of the seat as the others helped ease Marc onto his back, his head on Toni’s lap. Everyone was quiet. Mr. Stark climbed onto the bus shortly after.

“Toni, show me your hands.” His voice was gentle but serious. Toni held his hands up, his knuckles facing the teacher, who seemed to sigh in relief. “I had to check.”

“I know.” Toni spoke quietly.

“I talked to Larry’s teacher, he will be disciplined. Are you okay Marc? Do I need to take you to a hospital?”

“No Coach, I’m fine.” Marc pushed himself up. “I promise, just a little bump.” Smiling weakly.

Mr. Stark crouched in front of him and gave him a quick check over. After declaring him fit he ordered them all to their seats so they could head back home. Marc jerked his head for Toni to follow him to the back. Toni took his usual seat by the window and Marc slid in next to him.

“You sure you’re alright?” Toni asked.

“Yea, just tired.”

“You might have a concussion.” Toni replied, his eyes cast down.

“I’m fine. Really. But hey, thanks for having my back out there.” Marc bumped his shoulder.

“Just returning the favor.” Toni shrugged.

“No, it’s not the same. Me getting into a fight, hey no big deal. Slap on the wrist. But for you, I know what that will mean Toni. Daniels was right, military school would be hell for you.”

Toni looked away without saying anything. He didn’t know what he could say.

“Antonio, look at me, please.” Marc begged, Toni shook his head. He couldn’t meet those sky blue eyes. He squeezed his eyes shut. Marc knew, there was no way he didn’t know; and Toni was too much of a coward to look Marc in the eyes. Marc sighed and pushed his arm around Toni’s shoulders pulling him close. He rested his head on Toni’s and reached down and took Toni’s hand in his own.

“I thought you would have figured it out by now, Toni. It doesn’t matter, not to me, not to any one of our friends. No one cares, not here.” Toni tried to pull away, he could feel the tears threatening to fall, but Marc held him tight. “Oh no you don’t, no running. Not this time. I just got my ass kicked, I might have a concussion.”

Toni sniffled and gave a short laugh, “You said you were fine.”

“I am. But only if you stay, right where you are.” Marc brushed his lips against Toni’s forehead and snuggled against him. “I’m okay as long as you stay with me.”

Toni nodded. He may be dense, but he wasn’t an idiot, he had figured out by now that Marc was like him. That’s why he was being so supportive and understanding. He felt Marc’s breathing slow down as he fell asleep. Toni shifted to get comfortable but didn’t try to pull away. He snuggled into Marc’s chest and closed his eyes. The blue-eyed boy was right, he just got his ass kicked and he deserved whatever he wanted. He would try to figure out exactly what that was later. Wrapped up in Marc’s arms Toni fell asleep.

 

+X+

 

It wasn’t long before Toni felt Marc rubbing his arm, gently shaking him awake.

“Rise and shine sleeping beauty.” His breath was warm against the top of Toni’s head.

“Sleeping beauty didn’t wake up till she got a kiss.” As soon as he said it he regretted it, damn his sleepy brain. Luckily Marc just chuckled and pulled away. Toni raised his head and watched as the others filled off the bus. Marc was standing now smiling down at him. Toni let Marc pull him to his feet before he slid into the aisle in front of the older boy. Toni, still half asleep, tripped on his feet and stumbled. All of a sudden Marc’s hands were on his hips to steady him, the older boy squeezed a bit.

“Careful there sleeping beauty.” He whispered softly in Toni’s ear.

Toni blushed. “Stop calling me that.” He replied just as soft. Marc chuckled but didn’t remove his hands till they started to step off the bus.

 
 
Copyright © 2016 LillyLee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Lilly! Thanks for the shout-out! :) It's great that you have Dayne working with you; she's a terrific writer, and you'll learn a lot from her. :)

 

Great chapter, Lilly! :)

 

I'm so glad they both know now that they're the same. Finally! Whew! lol Now maybe Toni won't be so quick to run away from Marc every time he sees him.

 

Daniels is an ass, and I'm so relieved he got in trouble. I could just see Toni fighting him and ending up in the military academy!

Link to comment

Thank you, Lilly. I was beginning to wonder if Toni I was ever going to figure Marc out. Now we'll see how things go from here. I'm glad they have such a supportive group of friends. Good story! Thanks. Jeff

Link to comment
On 11/21/2016 07:07 PM, JeffreyL said:

Thank you, Lilly. I was beginning to wonder if Toni I was ever going to figure Marc out. Now we'll see how things go from here. I'm glad they have such a supportive group of friends. Good story! Thanks. Jeff

Toni was a little oblivious there wasn't he!

I'm glad you are liking it so far! :)

Link to comment
On 11/21/2016 04:07 PM, Lisa said:

Lilly! Thanks for the shout-out! :) It's great that you have Dayne working with you; she's a terrific writer, and you'll learn a lot from her. :)

 

Great chapter, Lilly! :)

 

I'm so glad they both know now that they're the same. Finally! Whew! lol Now maybe Toni won't be so quick to run away from Marc every time he sees him.

 

Daniels is an ass, and I'm so relieved he got in trouble. I could just see Toni fighting him and ending up in the military academy!

But could you imagine... that little Italian firecracker at military school?

 

Glad you are enjoying it! :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..