Jump to content
    LillyLee
  • Author
  • 3,772 Words
  • 2,710 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Last Chance High - 12. Chapter 12

Thursday during lunch Toni sat with Warren, Jenny, Simon and Isabelle. He had a container of fries in front of him but he really didn't feel like eating. He only saw Marc briefly this morning, a small nod was all the greeting he got. His stomach had been turning all day worrying about what was going on with Marc. He was being unreasonable, he was the one who had told Marc to be careful and keep his distance. Toni had no right to be bothered Marc had listened. He hoped sitting with his friends would be the distraction he needed. They seemed to notice his bad mood and even though no one was asking he could see the question in their eyes. Except Warren; sitting across from Toni he was oblivious of any discord. He was telling Toni all about his new boat and how they should go on a trip when the weather was nice. Toni tried to show the enthusiasm he wasn't feeling. Warren stopped talking and frowned over Toni's shoulder. The smaller boy turned to look as Marc slipped onto the bench next to him. He gave the others a greeting before turning towards Toni grabbing some of his fries and shoving them in his mouth. Their knees brushed and Toni could see a glint in the older boy’s eye.

"So, Toni, I had a thought." He said, bouncing his leg up and down slowly rubbing Toni's thigh with his knee.

Toni swallowed. "What's your thought, Marc?" He tried to sound equally casual. Marc continued to eat Toni's fries as they talked.

"I was thinking about why we haven't seen you in sword club."

"And what did you deduce Sea Prince?"

"Hey, I was crowned King, not Prince." Marc frowned. " And what does the sea have to do.....oh right." Marc blushed as he remembered his mom telling some stories about the seaside cabin they vacation at every year. More than a few slightly embarrassing.

"And you may have been crowned Homecoming King, but Marc, you are way to childish to be a King. So Prince it is." Toni smiled as he took his own couple fries and put them in his mouth hoping Marc knew he was teasing. Marc frowned in thought, and then smiled as he burst out laughing clapping Toni on the shoulder and giving a gentle squeeze. Toni wasn't sure why he had been so worried, Marc said he was going to give him space at school. Toni thought maybe he understood now why Marc would be more comfortable if they defined their relationship. Toni's friends watched the exchange; Simon and Isabelle gave each other a knowing look and Jenny choked on her coke she was laughing so hard. Warren glared. Toni tried to ignore them all, especially Warren who was clenching his fists on the table.

"I guess you have a point there." Marc continued. "As I was saying, before you so rudley interrupted, I figured we haven't seen you at sword club because you didn't know when and where we met. And me, being the responsible," Marc emphasized responsible. "President that I am, decided I better come over here and fill you in." He finished with a large smile; his hand had somehow slipped under the table and caressed Toni's leg. He was leaning close and Toni could smell salt and Marc's cologne.

"Or maybe he doesn't want to join your stupid club, seaweed brain." Warren spat out. Toni looked at his friend wide-eyed and slack-jawed; he looked really angry.

"That may be it, but don't you think Toni is grown up enough to speak for himself?"

"Well, you're not exactly known for taking rejection well Townsend."

The two boys glared at each other, Toni thought he could smell blood in the air.

"Go to hell, Warren." Marc whispered. His fists clenched tight and his knuckles turned white. Toni put his hand on Marc's, drawing the other boy’s attention.

"Hey, why don't you give us a minute?" Toni saw the fear and pain flash in Marc's the eyes. Toni knew it looked like he was choosing Warren, but he just finally needed some answers. Toni stood and gave Marc's hand a squeeze, brushing his fingertips along his still fisted hand. He hoped it was enough reassurance. Toni gave Marc a small smile as he walked around the table and gestured for Warren to follow him.

X+X

Marc watched his Toni leave the cafeteria with Warren. Marc glared after them; things had been going so well until Warren went and opened his mouth. His stomach turned at the thought of Toni leaving with that ass. He forced himself to focus on the display of affection he gave before he left. Touching Marc's hand like that, caressing it, had been a big deal. Toni didn't care about what anyone else thought, only about letting Marc know he didn't have to worry. And so he tried not to. He turned back to the table and picked at Toni's cold fries.

"You don't have to worry about those two, you know that right? Warren's straight." Jenny slid over to sit next to Marc. Simon and Isabelle leaning in close from across the table.

Marc nodded, even though he knew that wasn't true. "I'm not worried, I trust Toni. I just hate him being alone with Warren. I don't trust him."

"So, you and Toni eh?" Isabelle wiggled her eyebrows. "What's going on there?"

Marc frowned at her and shrugged.

Simon laughed "Leave it alone love. They'll talk about it when their ready."

Marc glanced back to the doors and sighed, wondering what Toni and Warren were talking about.

X+X

Toni had led Warren into the change room and made sure it was empty.

"Alright, Warren, spill."

"What are you talking about?" Warren asked, his fake confusion unconvincing.

"You have been talking shit about Marc since I started here and it's time you fill me in on what exactly happened to make you hate him that much." Toni crossed his arms over his chest. "And what do you mean he doesn't handle rejection well?"

Warren sighed and sat on a bench. "It was freshman year. Marc just didn't act right; the way he looked at me and talked to me. I know you get it, he does it with you too." Toni frowned, so Marc had come onto Warren. "Then we were at a party and he was all over me. I had to tell him to fuck off."

Warren nodded as if he was finished. Toni squinted in confusing. What did he mean by ‘all over him’? Did Marc really have feelings for Warren? Did Warren hate him because he was a homophobic jerk?

"So you hate him because he was hitting on you?" Toni asked.

Warren stood and stepped closer. "Don't you get it?” Warren looked panicked, “He's a faggot Toni!"

Warren opened his mouth to say something else but all Toni could hear was the blood rushing in his ears. His fist shot out and connected with Warren's face. The blonde boy was on the ground in front of him, blood dripping out between his fingers.

"Don't you ever use that word around me again!” Toni hissed, “Especially when referring to my boyfriend!" Before Warren could respond Toni, realising what he had done, spun and fled from the change room.

 

Marc wandered the empty halls looking for Toni. He had waited outside the change room after lunch but when the boy didn't show he began to worry. He stepped out the front door and glanced around. He was surprised to see Toni sitting on the ground leaning against his car. Marc rushed over, Toni had his head in his arms and his small frame was shaking. Marc knelt next to him and put his arms around the smaller boy. Toni flinched and began to pull away until he realised who it was, then he pulled Marc close and clung to him as he cried. Marc held Toni close for a minute and tried to calm his own panic.

Finally Marc pulled him from the ground. “Come on darling, you’ll catch your death sitting out here like this.” Opening the door Marc ushered Toni into the back seat and slid in next to him. He wrapped his arms around the shaking boy and held him close. “I’m here. I got you. Everything going to be okay, I got you.” He murmured into Toni’s ear. He had no idea what happened but if Warren had anything to do with it...

“No, I messed up. Big time. They’re going to throw me out. They’re going to send me away. Marc, I don’t want to go.” Marc could barely make out what Toni was saying. His voice muffled against Marc’s chest and broken with sobs.

“Hey now,” Marc pulled Toni slightly away. He looked down at him and gently wiped his tears. “Tonio, slow down, tell me what happened. I’m not going to let anyone send you away. I just got you; you think I’m going to let you go?”

“I hit him. Right in the face.” Toni mumbled.

“Who? Warren? I bet he deserved it.” Marc tried to give Toni a small smile. Toni just shook his head.

“He did. But that doesn’t matter; they never care about the why. I got in a fight and it’s over. I was finally happy and then I go and mess it up. I guess everyone is right, I’m just a screw up.” Toni wiped his face as the words rushed out.

Marc grabbed his shoulders and turned Toni to face him. He lifted the smaller boy’s chin with his fingers. “Don’t you dare. You are not a screw up and don’t you ever let anyone convince you otherwise. You are amazing Antonio, alright? Fucking amazing.” Toni nodded slowly, even though he didn’t agree. “Tell me exactly what happened.”

“I tried asking him why he hated you so much. He said that back when he was a freshman you were hitting on him, and he...he called you ...a ...a fag. I’ve been called that and similar so many times I didn’t even think, I just hit him.” Toni whispered, tripping over the word. “Also, I may have called you my boyfriend.” He said with a flinch.

Marc smiled. “And you think I’d be upset about that? God Toni, I hope to Hades I’m your boyfriend.” Toni couldn’t help but give him a small smile and nod, there was no point trying to deny it any longer. “Good. Now look, not all is lost. Let’s go talk to Keenan. He’s a pretty understanding guy, I’m sure we can figure this out.”

“I’m on behavioral probation.”

“I’m not going to let them throw you out for sticking up for me. Especially to Warren, that guy has been gunning for me for years. Besides, there’s more to that story then he shared with you.”

“What really happened?”

Marc shook his head. He so didn’t want to tell Toni about the incident with Warren, but he knew eventually he would have to. “Let’s go talk to Keenan. Deal with one thing at a time. And next time, you call me, okay? No matter what, I’ll be there.”

Toni nodded and let Marc lead him back to the school.

X+X

 

Marc knocked on the Principal’s door and poked his head in, “Mr. Keenan? Can we talk to you?” the secretary told them he was alone, Marc was surprised Warren wasn’t there.

“Marc, Toni, come right on boys. What can I do for you?” The boy’s sat in front of his desk awkwardly. Marc reached over and took Toni’s hand squeezing in encouragement. Toni allowed it, but kept his face on the ground. He gripped Marc’s hand. Mr. Keenan raised an eyebrow questioningly.

“Mr. Keenan, Toni is a little upset. He had a confrontation with Warren Castellan, and things may have gotten a little...physical.”

Mr. Keenan removed his glasses and looked hard at the two boys, “Why don’t you tell me what happened?”

“Toni isn’t a trouble maker, Mr. Keenan. I know what his records say, but that’s not the whole story.” Marc paused and looked at Toni, his jaw was clenched and he was shaking a bit. Marc knew he wasn’t going to say anything so he continued. “Toni has been bullied for years. No one seemed to care at his first high school; you know kids will be kids mentality. That is until Toni started fighting back. When he tried to defend himself no one listened. They didn’t care why the fight started they just cared that Toni was the one left standing. So at the next couple school he didn’t even try, but he refused to stand there and take it. They labeled him a troublemaker, a fighter, when really he was just standing up for himself.”

Mr. Keenan studied Toni and nodded, “What does this have to do with Warren? Toni, was Warren bullying you?”

The small boy shook his head. “Marc.”

Mr. Keenan’s gaze shifter to Marc. “You were there?”

“No, Toni was standing up for me. Because Warren called me a fag.” Mr. Keenan nodded as he looked at their hands clasped together. He understood. “Toni panicked and took off, because he’s scared that you’re going to kick him out. If things don’t work out here, they are going to send him to military school.”

“Well, I’m very glad you came in here to talk to me. I’ll be honest, I know about the fight. Warren’s sitting in the nurse’s office with a bloody nose. Toni, I’m going to have to ask Marc to wait outside while I talk to you and Warren.” Toni nodded and pulled his hand away from Marc’s. Mr. Keenan stood up and walked to the door to fetch Warren. He could have called; Marc knew he was giving them a moment.

“Just tell the truth Tonio,” he said as he brushed his lips against his boyfriend’s temple. “I’ll wait for you; I’ll be right outside those doors. Don’t worry darling, we’ll get through this alright?”

Toni nodded. “Thanks Marc.”

Warren came into the office with tape on his nose. He flopped into the chair and kept his eyes on the floor. Mr. Keenan returned to his spot behind the desk.

"I've called your parents but I hope we can settle this before they get here. You both need to realize how serious this matter is. Especially with Toni on probation."

Warren sat forward, "What do you mean probation?"

"Due to his records Toni was given a conditional admission. No fighting is rule number one. There was talk of sending him to Mc Carvire Academy if this doesn't work out." Mr. Keenan spoke casually.

Warren began to sputter. "No, you can't send him away. It was my fault I baited him. It’s no big deal, really, Mc Carvires is for juveniles! Toni doesn't belong there."

Toni raised his eyebrows and turned to look at Warren. "What in hell is that about?"

"Look, I'm sorry, really. I was just so mad. Damn Marc Townsend... He just gets everything doesn't he? At first I was scared he would hurt you and then it started to look like something real and I don't know... I was jealous that he picked you, and that you kept pulling away from me to go to him. I didn't know about... Your history... I just wanted to hurt you. Because I was hurting."

Toni sat still and blinked in confusion. "So, you're... You're gay?" Warren nodded with his eyes on the floor. "And what...you...like me?" Warren nodded again. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You weren't exactly open with the information yourself." Warren mumbled.

"I guess that's a good point."

"Mr. Keenan, do you really think they are going to send Toni away?"

"I think, since you have taken responsibility for the incident, and it was a minor altercation I'll let you both off with a week's detention. Warren, if I ever hear of you using such derogatory terms as that the consequences will be very severe. And Toni, next time, come to me instead of fighting. You're not alone anymore."

"Yes sir." Both boys said in unison.

"Now off you go. I think you've both missed enough class. And I'm sure Mr. Townsend is still waiting out there."

As the boys stepped out of the office Warren stopped and put a hand o. Toni's arm, "Could I just, talk to you for a minute, before Marc shows up?"

"I won't tell him if you don't want me to, but I think what he thinks now is worse."

"It’s just, I wasn't completely honest with you. About what happened between us."

"Okay Warren, let's go in there." Toni led Warren into the nurse's station and sat on the chair. Warren slipped onto the bed.

"So, it all started freshman year. Marc was flirting with me and I guess I was flirting back. I hadn't come out yet, but you know how he is, I couldn't help myself.”

“Yea, I get that.” Toni replied quietly. He was starting to think he didn’t want to hear this.

“So I ended up showing up at Brit’s Halloween party, half smashed. Dressed as a roman gladiator.”

“So, practically naked.” Toni said in a deadpan voice. Yea, he really didn’t want to hear this.

“Pretty much.” Warren replied with a chuckle. “I planned on messing with him a bit, leading him on. I was trying to figure out if he was serious. If it was even what I wanted. But that’s not exactly how things ended up happening. We ended up dancing, and kissing. His hands were everywhere, and I guess I was drunk enough I didn’t care. So he takes me by the hand and is leading me off the dance floor and upstairs...”

Toni felt bile rise in his throat, he could figure out where this was going and it made him sick. Sure, he knew Marc had many hook ups before. Doesn’t mean he wanted the details. “Warren, I don’t know if I want to hear this.” He spoke softly.

“We didn’t have sex. But he sits me on the bed...”

“Warren,” Toni was sure he was going to be sick. He wrapped his arms around himself as Warren continued.

“And he goes down on me, right. I’m not sure if anything else would have happened, because all of a sudden the door opens and there’s Alex and some girl. I got my pants around my ankles and Marc’s on his knees in front of me still wiping jizz from his lips. And Alex is giggling like a little school girl and the chick he’s with is looking at us like we just sacrificed a baby. Marc scowls and throws something at them tells them to fuck off. And I’m just sitting there completely mortified. So Alex’s apologising with a laugh and closing the door and Marc’s climbing onto my lap telling me not to worry. And I’m trying really hard not to throw up.” Toni reached over to take Warren’s hand; he could see the boy was shaking. Toni might not want to hear it, but maybe Warren really needed to tell it. He gave a small smile before continuing, “So I’m pushing him off and trying to grab at my clothes and he’s sitting on the bed asking me what the fuck and I’m just saying over and over I can’t do this. Man I was so in over my head. And he’s asking me what I’m talking about. And he’s getting pissed right. And then I’m running out of the house and down the street and I don’t even remember getting home but I woke up the next day with the biggest hangover.”

“Oh my God Warren, that sounds horrible.”

“It gets worse. So Monday morning comes and I’m terrified about going to school. Walking on eggshells all day, waiting for someone to say something. And I’m thinking something else major must have happened because no one’s gossiping about me or giving me funny looks. So near the end of the day Marc finally comes to talk to me, and I’m so sure I know what he’s going to say. I knew he was pissed I ran out on him like that. So he pulls me aside and I tell him it was the booze and I’m not even into dudes. Didn’t even let him get a word in. Some crap about how with my eyes closed I could easily forget he was a dude, that I won’t tell anyone he was a slut in thanks. And I just ran off before he could respond. Turns out the chick Jay was with was too drunk to remember what she saw and Alex, being one of Marc’s closest friends wasn’t going to say anything. Marc was a right prick at first, but I really did deserve it. Finally we had a big blow up and I accused him of being a … being gay and unwanted advances. He could have outed me, but he didn’t, he just looked at me with pity and disappointed. Marc left me alone after that, but sometimes he and his friends tossed some pretty dirty looks my way.”

“You really liked him, didn’t you?”

Warren nodded wiping at his eyes like he was trying not to cry. “Who wouldn’t? I know you understand. I was just so scared, my parents aren’t exactly open mided. And he’s got a reputation for being kind of all over the place. I wasn’t going to out myself over one drunken night. But, Toni, it’s different with you. He’s different. When you walked away, he followed. And I guess I just got so jealous...”

“It’s okay, Warren, I forgive you.”

“Really?”

“Yea, I mean you better smarten up now, but the past is done.”

“Thanks, Toni.” The blonde pulled the younger boy into a tight hug. “I mean it, you're something special.”

Toni pulled away awkwardly. “It’s fine really.”

“So, is it true what you said?”

“About what?”

“Marc, being your... boyfriend.”

“Yea, Warren, he is.”

The blond looked down at his feet, hands shoved into his pockets. “Oh. Alright then. Well, can we still I don’t know, be friends?”

“As long as you drop this vendetta against Marc, I would very much like to be friends.”

“Consider it dropped. Unless he hurts you, then I’ll have to kick his ass.”

Toni chuckled and patted his friend on the back. “Deal.”

 
 
Copyright © 2016 LillyLee; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Very good chapter. We finally get to the bottom of the Marc/Warren issue. Toni finally admitted to his relationship with Marc. The principal was very understanding and fair with both Toni and Warren. We now know for sure that Warren is gay... what will this mean in the future. Can the past be mended and everybody get along? Time will tell. Great story. Looking forward to many more chapters. Keep up the good writing :)

Link to comment

Nice chapter! You packed a lot of progress into this small space. It's incredible that you managed to turn Warren from antagonist to sympathetic character this quickly. I hope things can work out. Maybe Toni can introduce Warren and Matt and see what happens? Lol, yeah love don't work like that but it *is* high school after all. ;)

Link to comment

I somehow feel that Warren hasn't really changed. I'll wait and see but I think more will happen in the Marc/Toni/Warren triangle.

Link to comment

Hmmm I don't know how to feel about anything just yet. Warren might possibly try something further in the future to get with Toni. It's really a shame, once again if that open communication was a thing, he might have actually had a chance with Toni. Hard to say since Toni pretty much was fixated on Marc after they met.

 

One thing that has been brought up again and again is Marc's reputation. This is interesting because Marc for the most part has been portrayed as being on the level with Toni. He's definitely put forth extra effort to get with Toni. But, he has this reputation, and we've seen his party boy nature when Toni isn't around. Is there potential for Marc to get bored? To not be Toni's one and only after all? I'm thinking not, since you've said you want us to like Marc. But still I could see potential for all kinds of things.

Link to comment
On 12/06/2016 04:18 AM, wenmale64 said:

Very good chapter. We finally get to the bottom of the Marc/Warren issue. Toni finally admitted to his relationship with Marc. The principal was very understanding and fair with both Toni and Warren. We now know for sure that Warren is gay... what will this mean in the future. Can the past be mended and everybody get along? Time will tell. Great story. Looking forward to many more chapters. Keep up the good writing :)

Than you so much for the review! I'm glad you're liking it :D

Link to comment
On 12/06/2016 07:59 AM, Lux Apollo said:

Nice chapter! You packed a lot of progress into this small space. It's incredible that you managed to turn Warren from antagonist to sympathetic character this quickly. I hope things can work out. Maybe Toni can introduce Warren and Matt and see what happens? Lol, yeah love don't work like that but it *is* high school after all. ;)

Thank Lux! Im glad you enjoyed it :) We're not done yet, this is just the begining!

Link to comment
On 12/06/2016 08:24 AM, purrbaby said:

I somehow feel that Warren hasn't really changed. I'll wait and see but I think more will happen in the Marc/Toni/Warren triangle.

I know triangles are 'cliche' but they are cliche for a reason. Lol They are lots of fun :D

Link to comment
On 12/06/2016 03:24 PM, spikey582 said:

Hmmm I don't know how to feel about anything just yet. Warren might possibly try something further in the future to get with Toni. It's really a shame, once again if that open communication was a thing, he might have actually had a chance with Toni. Hard to say since Toni pretty much was fixated on Marc after they met.

 

One thing that has been brought up again and again is Marc's reputation. This is interesting because Marc for the most part has been portrayed as being on the level with Toni. He's definitely put forth extra effort to get with Toni. But, he has this reputation, and we've seen his party boy nature when Toni isn't around. Is there potential for Marc to get bored? To not be Toni's one and only after all? I'm thinking not, since you've said you want us to like Marc. But still I could see potential for all kinds of things.

Hmmmm... true. But if I was planning a twisty Marc bugging out it wouldn't be very much fun if you didn't like him. ;)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..