Jump to content
    Lugh
  • Author
  • 237 Words
  • 717 Views
  • 11 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Incarnations - 3. Musta been....


 

 

Musta been a Faggot
When I lived once before
Bruised and abused
Yet men I did adore

 

 

 


 

 

 

I’m just a teenager
Drifting on a lonely tide
Everywhere and nowhere
Eroded, washed aside

 


 

 

Musta been a Queer
In some past life
Shunned and beat upon
I’d known some strife

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

I’m never gonna be a man
My wings remain unfurled
Tethered and damned
Unable to face the world

 


 

 

Musta been a Nancy Boy
How prissy I was in my day
Bloody nosed and broken boned
A peacock on display

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Lives once lived sing in my soul
Unborn lives reverberate
Living and Dying
Past and future -- my fate

 


 

 

Musta been a Queen
In a reincarnations past
Quartered and Crucified
Bet we had a blast

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

Reaching for the next life
Into the void with both feet
Earth to Earth and Dust to Dust
Unknown worlds to meet

 


 

 

Musta been a Fairy
Sparkle fading away
Babbling and drooling
The highest of the Fey

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

I wish I could have known
The me I was before
Would he be proud
Of the me I am no more?

 


 

 

 

 

 

Copyright © 2011 Lugh; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

This one is neat you got the raw emotion. I had to read it three times to see that it can be 2 poems or one poem all with diffrent meaning. EXCELLENTO

Link to comment

Musta been...

 

I love how you own the words with negative signfication and turn them into something beautiful. I love that you don't bow at people. A daring and provoking poem, just like I expected from you.

 

This woke me up complitely. A mega brainstorm going on now.

 

My favourite of your three entries and I must add, this is gonna be hard one to topp but I'm giving the rest of the poems a fair try :)

 

 

 

 

Link to comment

You have a way with words, that's for sure. Though you've used so many words, I'll only use one: great. Thanks for sharing :)

Link to comment

Emotional.. Thats the only word I could find :)

Thought about it.. dont think i'll find another word soon :P so... :)

Link to comment

I'm sorry, I suck at commenting on poetry, because I don't read it often. This one definitely felt emotional, like others said.

 

I think I probably liked this one the best.

Link to comment

I love all the emotion that you were able to weave into this poem. It really makes one stop and think. Both poems separate are a wonderful read, but read together it is that much more poignant. Thank you for sharing it!

Link to comment

I hope everyone remembers to nominate "Musta Been" as Best Poem of 2011 when the time comes and the Awards are given.

Link to comment

This was great Lugh. I loved the formatting of the poem too -- it was really effective in conveying a sort of double voice.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..