Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 5,597 Words
  • 11,523 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Master and Commander - 19. Chapter 19

January 18, 1795

“Please forgive me for asking, Your Highness, but what circumstances dictate your presence here in the Channel in a gale?” Granger asked as delicately as he could. He studied this foreign prince in front of him, probably close to 50 years of age, with porcelain white skin and bulbous features. He seemed almost surreal, a man from another world.

“French forces have invaded and overrun poor Holland, instigating revolt from within by the Patriots, as they call themselves. There was a revolt in Amsterdam and I fled for my life,” he said dourly, and sadly. “You are unaware of the French invasion?”

“I must beg Your Highness's pardon,” Granger said deferentially. “We have spent the past nine months in the Indies and are just on our way back now.”

“Ah, then you have missed much, and none of it good,” he said.

“I will of course convey Your Highness to England, as reaching London quickly is my primary goal. Unfortunately, comforts are few in such a small ship, and in one depleted of stores by a long voyage,” Granger said apologetically, wondering what he could find to feed a Dutch prince besides salt beef.

“In any event, it is better and safer than a fishing boat,” the Prince said. “I am sure you will do your best to make me comfortable. I must thank you for taking me to London.”

“It is my pleasure Your Highness. My servant, Winkler, will be at your command. We will transform this cabin,” Granger said, referring to his day cabin, “into sleeping quarters for you, if that is acceptable.”

“That will be fine,” he said magnanimously.

“Then with your permission, I will return to the deck and see if we can get back on course to London.” The Prince nodded, dismissing Granger. Granger returned to the deck and studied the winds and waves. Nothing had changed with the weather, but their mission had changed.

“We'll get some sail on her,” Granger yelled in Calvert's ear. Calvert looked at him dubiously, but responded with a typical ‘aye aye sir’. They called the watch and labored to get the ship on course with reefed mainsails. The wind was on her beam, and so were the waves, smashing into her vulnerable sides, dousing the deck with water constantly.

“The well is accumulating water sir!” Calvert yelled.

“Man the pumps and see that the hatches stay closed!” Granger yelled back. He stayed on deck for hours, constantly drenched with the frigid water of the Channel in January, until he finally could stand it no more and went below to change his clothing.

“You'll catch your death of cold sir,” Winkler said, chiding him as he stripped off his clothes, his teeth chattering with the cold no matter how hard he tried to stop them.

“It can't be helped Winkler.” He craved something warm, but the galley stove was out. There was no way he'd risk it being lit during weather like this, with these seas. Fire was more dangerous than any other foe a wooden ship faced. He stayed below, bundled up in blankets until his shivering stopped, and then put on dry clothing and headed back up on deck. It was night now, the dark skies making it like a cave, with no light at all. The entire night was like that, with Intrepid thrashing along, shipping water at a rate that the pumps just kept up with, and keeping her crew thoroughly wet and frozen.

January 19, 1795

It was almost dawn when the weather seemed to moderate. Granger went below to dry off once again, and then headed back up on deck. The movement had eased considerably. “Mr. Calvert, please light the galley stove and send the hands to breakfast.”

“Aye aye sir,” he said. Granger stood there, watching the sky grow lighter, when something warm was shoved into his hand.

“The last of your coffee sir,” Winkler said.

“Thank you Winkler,” Granger said, overjoyed. The simple pleasures, he thought to himself, as he sipped at the warm liquid.

“So who is our guest sir?” Calvert asked.

“His Highness, Prince William, Stadtholder of the Netherlands,” Granger said with a dour face.

“What's he doing here sir?”

“It seems he's been run out of Holland by the French, and his own revolutionaries,” Granger said. “And that means that very shortly, we will be at war with the Dutch as well as the French.”

Calvert nodded soberly. The Dutch had a sizable fleet, and it wasn't like the French fleet, blocked up in harbor with rebellious crews and few experienced officers. Dutch sailors were not only good seaman; they were brave and fierce fighters. Tackling them would not be easy. But the 20 or so Dutch ships of the line weren't what were on Granger’s mind. He was thinking about Bertie and his attacks on Dutch merchantmen. Now attacking Dutch trade would be a national priority, not a secret affair. All of his efforts, all of his moralizing somehow seemed totally wasted. If he'd never stopped the depredations on Dutch trade, would it have mattered? The answer was no. His biggest fear, an open conflict with the Netherlands, had happened anyway. “We should get back to sea as soon as possible sir,” Calvert said. “Before the Dutchmen can all run for port.”

Calvert was thinking of prize money, of the sweepings at the beginning of war which is when they were usually the best. “Well, that will be up to their lordships. In the meantime, we'll need to re-victual. Our hold is almost bare.” Intrepid had consumed almost all of her food and a great deal of her water, or at least the water that was still drinkable.

“Land ho!” came the cry from the masthead. “Land off the larboard bow!”

Granger grabbed his glass and looked over at the lump of land and smiled. It was Margate. They'd thrashed along, endured the wetness and the risk of the weather, but they'd made it. They were almost home. “Margate,” he said to Calvert. “Set a course for the Thames. I want us as far up as possible.”

“Aye aye sir,” he said. Granger headed below to speak to the Prince. He found the man in his cabin, seemingly in the same position, in the same clothes, looking exactly the same as when he'd left. He looked like a statue.

“You have news Captain?” he asked.

“Yes Your Highness. We have sighted England and will ascend the Thames today,” Granger said. He saw the Prince start to smile, probably happy that his journey was at an end, but then frown when he realized what that meant, that he was now another monarch in exile.

“That is good news,” he said anyway. “You worked your little ship hard to get me here.”

“Yes Your Highness,” Granger said. “It is my intention to get as close to London as we can, then take a boat ashore. If you would like to accompany me, I can take you to the Admiralty, or perhaps the Foreign Office, where they will see that you are accommodated. Or if you would prefer, you can remain here while I go ashore and make preparations to receive Your Highness.”

“You are too kind Captain. I will go with you. Please alert me when you are ready to depart,” he said, effectively dismissing Granger.

The Intrepid flew up the Thames, whisked along by the tide, along with a little help from the wind which had conveniently shifted. The southeaster allowed Intrepid to negotiate the winding river until she reached Woolwich, when Granger decided it was time to anchor.

“Call away my gig,” he ordered, and went below to retrieve his papers and Prince William. He found the Prince waiting patiently in almost the same place he'd been before. Granger had been surprised that he'd made no effort to come up on deck and view London. He decided that to lose your country, everything, would be an experience to try a man's soul, so much that even his small cabin in Intrepid must seem safe and secure. “My boat is waiting to take us ashore, Your Highness,” Granger said.

“As you wish Captain,” he said and ascended to the deck.

“I will be ashore. You have the ship Mr. Calvert. See if you can work on re-provisioning.”

“Aye aye sir,” Calvert said. Granger looked into his eyes and saw the same exhaustion he felt, but it couldn't be helped. Now that they were in port, perhaps they could both make up for that. Granger descended into his gig, followed by the Prince. The gig wound its way into the heart of London to the Admiralty steps.

Granger escorted the Prince into the Admiralty and approached the secretary. “Please sign in sir,” the secretary said formally, using the tone he probably used with all officers there to see their lordships.

“We need to see his lordship at once,” Granger said firmly, but politely.

“We sir?” the clerk asked snidely.

“Commander Granger, of the Intrepid, and Prince William, Stadtholder of the Netherlands,” Granger said. The clerk looked at the Prince and seemed to suddenly realize that the man wore a different, yet ornate uniform.

“One moment sir,” he said, significantly humbled as he stood, bowed to the Prince, and headed back into the nether regions of the Admiralty. He returned in one, maybe two minutes. “If you gentlemen will follow me?” He led them down the hall to the First Lord's office and ushered them in immediately. Without the Prince, Granger would have had a relatively long wait, he thought with a smile.

The First Lord stood waiting for them. Spencer was much as Granger remembered. Not quite 40 yet, he had strong features; the most marked being his large eyebrows and the dimple in his chin. “You're home, eh Granger?” Spencer asked.

“I am my lord. Your Highness, allow me to introduce Earl Spencer,” Granger said. Spencer's eyes widened. He'd obviously not believed that Granger really had the Stadtholder with him, but he was a trained courtier, and bowed gallantly.

“Allow me to welcome Your Highness to London,” Spencer said. “Won't you have a seat?” They sat then, while Spencer dispatched a messenger to the Foreign Office. Spencer gently grilled the Prince about the state of the Dutch fleet, its commanders, and its intentions. Granger found himself thoroughly impressed with Spencer's skills both as a host and an interrogator, discreetly verifying the visitor's identity as he gathered naval intelligence. In the end, a well-dressed young man from the Foreign Office came and took the Prince off.

“Chatham told me your reports would at least be interesting Granger, but I had no idea you'd bring me the Dutch Head of State,” Spencer said.

“I am glad I could be of interest to your lordship,” Granger said with a slight smile.

“What is the condition of your ship?” he demanded.

“She is in good condition my lord, ready for sea again but for victualing,” Granger said.

“I want time to review your reports. You'll be in port for at least two weeks, so make good use of that time to ready your ship,” Spencer said, dismissing him.

“Yes my lord,” Granger said. He stopped before leaving the Admiralty to send Calvert a message, letting him know he'd be at Bridgemont House, and then caught a hackney to Grosvenor Square. The cab rumbled up to the square and in front of the house where there was an uncharacteristically large number of carriages. Granger began to panic, worried that something truly horrible had happened. He almost leaped out of the cab and charged to the door, but then remembered his dignity. He paid the driver and strolled deliberately up the steps and opened the door.

A footman immediately grabbed it and pulled it open all the way, then stood staring at him, stunned. “Welcome home sir,” he said finally.

“Thank you,” Granger said. “What is all the commotion?” Before the footman could answer, his mother breezed into the massive, ornate entry foyer, a smile on her face as big as Granger had ever seen.

“George, well this is the most wonderful surprise! You are back from India so soon!” She kissed him on the cheek and gave him a perfunctory hug, incredibly warm for her. “You are here at a most auspicious time.”

“I am?” Granger asked.

“Come with me,” she said. She guided him into the downstairs drawing room and there on a bed, looking beautiful but somewhat tired, was Caroline. “You have another child, a healthy baby girl.”

Granger felt his face smiling, but the room was seemingly shrouded in fog. There were ladies there, powerful, influential ladies, but he saw none of them. He only saw Caroline, and the expression of unmitigated joy on her face as their eyes met. “George!” she cried. He went to her side, shuffling politely past the assembled ladies. “You're home! What a wonderful surprise!” Granger took a second to smile at her choice of words, and how being around his mother had made them more alike.

“I have been off doing my duty while you have been here doing yours,” he said cheerfully, and then leaned down to kiss her. The room began to clear then, the ladies in question being mostly friends of Caroline's mother, but one lingered a bit and Granger recognized her immediately. “Mrs. Fitzherbert, what an honor you do us with your presence,” Granger said, bowing. Maria Fitzherbert, lover, some said illegal wife, of the Prince of Wales.

“Why thank you Commander,” she said politely. “It is a happy day, and I simply could not resist coming to congratulate your wife, and now you as well. Having done that, I will take my leave and let you two have some time alone.”

“I must thank you again,” Granger said as he escorted her to the door. “When you next see His Royal Highness, please give him my warmest regards and tell him I'll wait on him at Carlton House at my earliest convenience.”

“You will be most welcome,” she said as she descended the steps to her carriage.

Granger rushed back in to Caroline and sat next to her, holding her hand and smiling at her. “I am so glad to see you healthy and well,” he said. “Was it a hard birth?”

“No, not like William. They say it gets better after the first one, so perhaps that is why. You were not here so I had to choose a name for her myself, with input from your parents. We named her Charlotte. I hope you like it,” she said, worried.

“It is perfect. Just like you.” She giggled. Then her tone changed.

“I'm so sorry about Michel. He was so brave, such a strong young boy. It was heartbreaking George. Heartbreaking.” She was sobbing now, so Granger put his arms around her to comfort her. He wasn't sure if Caroline was really this distraught or just out of sorts after giving birth, but he shook that off. Michel had been incredibly charming, and had obviously put his spell on her.

“I'm sorry you had to go through that alone,” Granger said. His thoughts turned fully to Michel, to the happy young boy he'd saved on the Commerce de Marseilles, and the full loss hit him, bringing tears to his eyes as well. They cried softly, mourning their adopted son, until Caroline pulled them out of their sorrow.

“You must tell me all about India and your adventures,” she said. “We've heard nothing since you left Tenerife. The Spaniards love you, you know. The Spanish Ambassador himself came to call on me earlier today.” Granger's eyebrows went up at that, a singular honor.

“That must have been interesting,” Granger said. He saw his mother looking in on them. “I fear you are to be busy for a while. We will talk tonight, alone.” She smiled at him and he kissed her, leaving her to her callers.

Granger found his father in his study and immediately approached him and gave him a big hug. The bond between them seemed so strong now, compared to when he'd gone away to sea as a mere adolescent. “It is good to see you home and healthy,” the Earl said.

“Thank you Father. It is good to be home. We are back much earlier than I dared hope.”

“Can't believe they sent you halfway around the world in the first place,” he groused. “Did you see Bertie?”

“I did. I gave him the ring and he was truly touched. He has done quite well out there.” Granger hesitated then. He had agreed to bury the affair with the Bon Frère, but he needed advice. What if Spencer asked him about it? What should he say?

“What is troubling you?” The Earl asked.

“I need your guidance Father,” Granger said. “I uncovered a scheme in India and I dealt with it as best I could, but I'm not sure how much of it to reveal to Lord Spencer.”

“It involves Bertie no doubt,” he said with a sigh.

“It does,” Granger said. He went on to delineate the whole affair, from the departure of the Rattlesnake to investigate the strange sail, to his encounters with Wilcox, his engagement with Bon Frère, and his return to Madras with Rattlesnake. Granger knew that he could trust his father, probably the one man he could completely bare his soul to over this matter, so he did.

“I am not sure where I failed that boy, why he is so devoid of any scruples,” the Earl said sadly. “At least I succeeded with you George. I'm very proud of you and the way you handled that. It was masterly.”

“Thank you Father,” Granger said, trying not to smile too broadly.

“I do not think that such a plan could be put into effect without the tacit knowledge of the government. Lord Spencer is a Whig, but as First Lord, he is also part of the government. If you say nothing and he knows of the matter, he will lose all trust in you. If you tell him what happened, it may go badly with Bertie, but I doubt it. I am fairly certain the whole thing will be covered over, if for no other reason than because Lord Hobart is very influential. So my advice to you is to tell Spencer everything, but to put nothing in writing,” he said sagely.

“Then that is what I shall do Father,” Granger said.

“As for this admiral, I suspect he'll find himself the governor of some remote outpost,” the earl groused. “I can't imagine why they keep tangling with you.”

“It appears to be a blood feud,” Granger said.

“Then we shall have to purge all of them,” the Earl said.

     

     

January 20, 1795

“Boat ahoy!” came the cry from Intrepid.

Intrepid!” Jeffers yelled, telling them what they already knew, that their captain was returning. Granger admired the clean lines of his little ship as she lay moored at Woolwich. Calvert hadn't wasted a minute of this time in port, as there were men over the side painting her salt streaked sides, and a tender on the other side offloading stores. He climbed up the side with alacrity to find Calvert and Humphreys waiting for him.

“I was just about to send for you sir. The Guard Boat just brought a letter for you,” Calvert said, handing Granger the envelope. The stationary, the seal, these were the standard fare of the Admiralty.

“Thank you Mr. Calvert.” Granger went below to read the letter. It was a summons for him to appear at the Admiralty, to meet with Lord Spencer at 2:00pm. Granger looked at his watch. It was 11:00 in the morning. Just time to get organized and make it to the Admiralty on time. He put on a fresh shirt and his good uniform, and told Winkler to take his clothing to Bridgemont house to be laundered, and to stay there for the time being.

“Mr. Calvert, I am bidden to the Admiralty. You may arrange leave for those you deem responsible enough. I'll take Mr. Lennox and Mr. Fitzwilliam with me now. I'm sure their relatives are most anxious to make sure we haven't turned them into shark food.”

“Yes sir,” Calvert said with a smile.

“If you have no other plans, it would give me great pleasure if you would come ashore this afternoon and stay with me at Bridgemont House. Then we can go see the King tomorrow at his levee,” Granger said.

Calvert swallowed hard. “See the King sir?”

“You've not been presented yet?” Granger asked. Calvert shook his head. “Well than it is doubly special. You'll want to dress nicely,” he added, being cheeky.

“Yes sir,” Calvert said with a smile.

“I will see you this evening then. Come along,” Granger said to the two young midshipmen. They preceded him into his boat and Granger marveled at the changes in them. Physically it was Lennox that had changed the most. His nine months away had seen him advance well into puberty, with his voice quite deep, his tall body even taller and lankier, and a youthful glow that was quite compelling. He was handsome when he'd come aboard, but now he was devastatingly so.

But Fitzwilliam had made the biggest transformation. From a snotty little brat, he'd evolved into an excellent warrant officer. His command of the signal book, the way he managed the hands in his watch, spoke volumes of how much he'd matured.

“Your families will be most happy to see you alive and well,” Granger said to them jovially.

“Let us hope so sir,” Fitzwilliam said with a grin. “I heard of your lady sir. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.”

“Thank you Mr. Fitzwilliam. Dealing with you two has taught me a goodly amount about raising children,” Granger said. They both stared at him, trying to hide their irritation, until he broke out laughing at their chagrin. “I am proud of both of you. You are becoming fine King's Officers.”

“Thank you sir,” the both said, blushing shyly. They arrived at the Admiralty steps and the two young men went off on their own, into the massive city that was London, while Granger went into the Admiralty and signed in with the same clerk.

“I'll let his lordship know you're here sir,” he said politely, clearly trying to make amends for last time.

“Thank you,” said Granger. He scanned the waiting room carefully, trying to see if he knew anyone there, but he didn't. The faces were mostly somber, men seeking employment or some favor. He wandered over to the mirror to make sure his appearance was in order, and turned to find the clerk waiting for him.

“His lordship will see you now sir,” he said. Granger stared at him, stunned. He was used to waiting for at least an hour. Either this was a sign of Spencer's better organizational skills, or he was being treated quite well, or both.

He walked into the familiar office to find Spencer waiting. “Welcome Granger. I heard about your good lady. My felicitations.” He motioned Granger to have a seat and poured him a glass of port.

“Thank you my lord,” Granger said.

“I've reviewed your reports, and I must tell you that I'm quite impressed. You've done quite well.”

“Thank you my lord,” Granger said again.

“I'd heard about the brig you captured when that lieutenant of yours brought her in. I understand he'd tendered his resignation?” Granger had to remember that Spencer was good at asking questions and getting information.

“Yes my lord. In the end, he seemed to think that a career in the Merchant fleet would be better for him,” Granger said. Spencer stared at him carefully, as if trying to discern whether there was more or not, but Granger was just as expert at keeping his face stoic.

“Then there were your actions at Tenerife. I've gotten accolades from the Spaniards about you. They want to give you some sort of military order or something, so don't be surprised if that happens.”

“That is most kind of them my lord. I was just in the right place at the right time,” Granger said modestly.

“Humph,” said Spencer. “This whole affair at Port Louis, though. You handled that quite well, using your French crewmen to fool the Frogs. With that kind of derring-do, you had better watch that you don't irritate Sir Sidney Smith. He's got the corner on swashbuckling.”

“I will endeavor to stay on his good side my lord,” Granger said with a slight smile.

“Then you captured a French frigate with the help of Rattlesnake, although Captain Bergland is quite clear in his report that you had all but completed the task before he arrived,” Spencer said. Was there a question in his expression?

“I'm sure Captain Bergland underestimates his contribution to the battle my lord,” Granger said.

“All of that is most commendable Granger, but what I find most puzzling is this matter of your destruction of this French privateer and your re-capture of the Rattlesnake.” He fumbled through some papers. “Your report leaves me wondering if there is more here, and Admiral Wilcox merely attached a few petulant remarks that offer no explanation.”

“Yes my lord. There was more to it, but I did not want to put it in writing before discussing the matter with you first,” Granger said. Was that a twinkle in the Admiral's eye? Was that what he was waiting for?

“Well you have my whole attention. Please do go on.”

“The French privateer was actually not French my lord. She was funded and supported covertly by, uh, by my brother.” Spencer's eyes narrowed. “The Honorable East India Company was using her to disrupt Dutch trade my lord. They had orders not to engage British ships. She didn't intend to capture Rattlesnake, but Captain Bergland swooped down on her and quite frankly my lord, she had no choice.”

“So you sank this Bon Frère and then negotiated or bribed Governor Quinssy for the release of Rattlesnake,” he said.

“Yes my lord,” Granger said. “I didn't know what the government's policy was on this my lord. I felt that it was not my place to expose the affair. I destroyed all the papers pertaining to it.”

“I think you did the right thing Granger. I was not aware of the details, but there were rumors among certain circles that John Company was doing something like this. It's a dirty affair, if you ask me, but we're going to let it end with us, here.”

“I agree with you completely my lord, begging your pardon,” Granger said, realizing that the First Lord did not need his agreement.

“I am most glad of that Commander,” Spencer said with a grin. “Now let us look ahead. There will be war with the Dutch, that much is certain. Already we are planning for it, and warnings have gone out to all commands. I expect it will take a few weeks for that to be finalized, and when it does, I want you to be ready to take the news to the West Indies.”

“Aye aye my lord,” Granger said. The West Indies. Another place far away, full of pestilence and disease.

“You will keep your ship ready to sail on 24 hours' notice,” he said firmly. “Otherwise, when your reports are published, you should become quite the celebrity, so enjoy yourself.”

“Thank you my lord,” Granger said. Then realizing he was being dismissed, he rose and saluted, then headed back to Bridgemont House to see Caroline and his parents, and to break the news that once again he'd be going far from home.

    

     

“It is good to see you again Mr. Calvert,” Caroline said politely as they sat down to eat. For some reason, it seemed that Caroline did not like Calvert all that much. Granger was surprised and concerned by that, since she had become quite fond of Travers.

“Thank you ma'am. It is good to see you as well, and so healthy so soon after childbirth,” Calvert said politely. She smiled at him, but it had no warmth.

“I met with Earl Spencer today,” Granger said, changing the subject. “We have orders to leave for the West Indies as soon as war with Holland is declared.”

“You'll be going far away again? And so soon?” Caroline asked sadly.

“I have to go where I am ordered dear,” Granger said calmly.

“It's quite an opportunity he's giving us my lord,” Calvert said to the Earl, ignoring the glare Caroline threw at him. “We'll be one of the first ships in the West Indies to know we're at war with the Dutch.”

“That is certainly so,” the Earl said.

“And you will get to see Father,” Granger's mother said. Granger had been exchanging friendly letters with his grandfather and was genuinely excited to meet this strange relative of his. “He was so hoping to end up in Jamaica, but he's been appointed Governor of Antigua instead.”

“The last letter I got from him indicated that he liked it,” Granger noted.

“Well let us hope that you are back soon, just like this time,” Caroline said. After dinner, Caroline excused herself and retired early while Granger, Calvert, and the Earl sat in the library, drank port, and gossiped. They were interrupted by a footman.

“Begging your pardon sir, but a Mr. Teasdale is calling,” he said. Granger looked at Calvert and raised an eyebrow.

“I will bid you a good evening then,” the Earl said diplomatically. Granger and Calvert walked into the hall to find a nervous Arthur there.

“I hope it is not too late to call,” he said.

“Of course not Arthur! It is good to see you!” Granger said and embraced him affectionately.

“I did not expect to find you here Francis,” he said to Calvert.

“Does that mean you did not want to see me too?” Calvert said, flirting. Arthur's eyes filled with lust.

“No, not at all,” he said.

“Arthur, would you mind if we chatted upstairs? I absolutely must shed this uniform coat,” Granger said.

“No, not at all,” he said nervously. Granger led them both up the flights of stairs to his room, ushered them in, and securely locked the door. Arthur sat on the bed at Granger's invitation, while Granger just stared at Calvert and smiled. The two of them began to slowly undress, taking their time, trying to tease Arthur's eyes with their own bodies. Arthur's eyes were indeed bulging as these two handsome officers stood in front of him, naked and erect.

Granger moved forward first, pulling Arthur's head toward his cock, telling him to suck it, which he did most willingly. Granger looked at Calvert and they drew closer and began kissing, enjoying their own oral interaction while Arthur sucked Granger, then Calvert, then Granger, alternating back and forth while he frantically pulled his own clothes off.

Then Granger pushed a naked Arthur onto his back and both he and Calvert lay on top of him, making him feel their weight as they kissed him and thrust against him. Then they moved off of him and Granger knelt over Arthur's face, pulling his legs back, exposing Arthur's hole. Calvert lubed himself up and pushed in quickly, making Arthur gasp. Granger felt Arthur's tongue on his balls, then on his hole, firing him up, so he turned around and lubed his own ass and sat on Arthur's small cock. He rode up and down his pole slowly while leaning back against Calvert's smooth chest, feeling Calvert's abdomen slam into his own ass as the lieutenant fucked Arthur hard and fast.

Arthur lay there, a puddle of moaning gelatin, until he could handle the stimulation no more. Granger watched his eyes fly open, and his mouth make that sexy ‘o’ shape, and then he came, and he came and he came, filling Granger's ass. When he was done, Granger moved off of him and stuck his own ass in the air, begging Calvert to finish up in him. Calvert moved into him then while Granger knelt over Arthur, lovingly kissing him while Calvert brought them both off in one amazing orgasm.

“That was amazing,” Arthur said as he got up to get dressed. “I'll be lucky if I can walk down the stairs.”

“It was amazing,” Granger said. Then, after Arthur left, he made Calvert fuck him again, and again, and again.

Copyright © 2011 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 6
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another interesting chapter - I love the way the relatonship between George and The Earl has evolved. At first it was just his favorite son going to sea. Now it was almost one of being peers. The father so proud of the younger son, the one who was not supposed to accomplish much - not supposed to in the sense, he was not carrying on the family line so was free to be a scoundrel like Albert - George for his part has finally recognized the vast wealth of knowledge and guidance his father can provide and turns to him not just as a father but as a mentor as well. Nicely done

 

But I have to say it is a bit cheeky of George to not only bring his lover to his house under his wife's nose, but to then have a wild three-way with the know sodomite. Caroline seems a bit put off by Calvert, does she suspect?

  • Like 5
Link to comment

A happy home coming. Then given orders the next day to depart shortly for The West Indies. Arthur and Francis in his house, this bound to cause a problem. What will, could Caroline do, she didn't look to pleased with Francis. So much has gone right, we are due for a problem or two. Great chapter, thank you.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I wonder at why Caroline has a dislike for Francis.  The family dinner and talk with his father went well, except for Caroline's reactions.  Hopefully George and Caroline will have some time together to update a bit in their lives.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

George's successes pay off, not with a restful idyllic time at home but another long voyage.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..