Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Attraction - 13. Chapter 13 – A new feeling

When we came out of the clinic, first thing I asked Jenny was the permission to tell Kent. It was impossible for me to think this through by myself. Telling Jenny what was going on in my mind was not going to be productive. Jenny had retained her calmness from since before the appointment. I doubted if it was actually numbness more than anything else. They do say women are made of tougher stuff than us men.

“Say what?” Kent asked me in shock. I knew this was his time to work on a project but I decided he’ll understand.

“She’s pregnant. Jenny’s pregnant. She has a baby inside her. Although technically at this point it would be an embryo and not really a person –“

“Yea yea yea! I got it. But how?”

“Boy Toy. Condom did not work. I knew that son of a bitch was bad news.”

“Is Jenny alright? Is he not willing to take responsibility?”

“He doesn’t know. Jenny, I don’t know if she’s alright or not. She’s not saying anything. She’s been spooky quiet. But I am feeling like crap and wouldn’t trust own my word.”

“Alright!” Kent spoke up. His voice was calm and authoritative. He took a deep breath and I did too in reaction. Speaking slowly he continued. “Calm down. This is not easy stuff, I know you’re worried about Jenny but she needs you right now. She’s got a lot to deal with, a lot to decide, and you’ve got to be on her side. This is not about you, right?”

I knew all that. Hearing him say it did help though. I didn’t know if that was what I was expecting when I called him, for him to tell me what to do.

“But she’s so young. What’s she gonna do? I don’t think what they have is serious.”

“It is not going to be easy for her. She’s going to have a lot of decisions to make. But she’ll make them. Life will go on. You know it. She knows it. I know you’ll worry about the future and all, don’t. You worrying will be of no help to Jenny. Ok?”

“Yes, Yes. Ok.” I took deep breaths. “Ok. I am better now.” My hands were still shaking.

“Remember this. It’s OK to be nervous. What’s not OK is letting it get to you.”

Damn! My boyfriend could have a career in counseling couldn’t he? He could do just about anything he wanted to. Sigh!

“Are you feeling better?”

“Yes. Thanks.”

“Good… You’ll be good. Just calm down a bit. It’s not necessarily a bad situation you know.”

“Thanks for talking to me Kent. I’m better now.”

“Good. I’ve got to go. You’re a great friend and I’m proud of you. We’ll talk later OK?”

“Oh shit. Of course. Sorry I interrupted your work time.”

“It’s alright babe. You’re more important. Love you. Bye!”

“Bye!” I said, just as he hung up.

As I was putting the phone back in my pocket, it occurred to me that Kent was right. The situation is not really bad. She’s with child; it is something to be happy about. A new life has been created. My entire perspective underwent a sea change after that.

Leaving Jenny at the table of a Starbucks, I had stepped outside to call Kent. When I rejoined her, my change in demeanor must have shocked her.

“Wow! That Kent dude is really good for you.” She remarked.

“He is.” I accepted timidly.

I took a sip of my coffee. After replacing the large cup in the saucer, I looked straight into Jenny’s eyes.

“I’m sorry that I’ve been a stupid jerk so far. Congratulations! You’re gonna be a mom!” I finished with a delighted, but quiet, scream.

For the first time in the entire day, Jenny smiled. She literally beamed and blushed and I realized what a douchebag I was. Here was a woman who’s going to be able to bring a new human being into this world. She was perfectly capable and not disadvantaged in any manner. Even if unexpected, hers was a situation worth celebrating. It was a blessing.

She spoke as if in a trance. “I can’t believe it, Jon. There’s a life inside me. I’m going to bring it into this world. I’m going to be its Mother! God, Jon! Isn’t it absolutely amazing?”

I was beginning to get emotional. “It is” I said.

“I’m thirty, it’s the perfect age to give birth. I’d only be fifty when my son or daughter, whoever it is, went to college. I’d be able to support them. And I’ve always wanted to have kids. You know that. This is amazing. Fucking brilliant!”

I was completely and utterly in awe of the fantastic woman who was my best friend. In just one day, Jenny had gone from being the bitch to Mother Mary. This could work out, I think she felt that way too. We immediately started talking about what the kid could be like. What kind of a mother she would be. I was certain to be the coolest uncle on the planet.

“When’re you going to inform the daddy?” I asked jokingly.

Jenny’s face fell. I did not know what the matter was, so held my tongue to let her explain.

“I’ll call him tonight.”

“What?” I was stunned. “You can’t tell something like this over the phone. This is big deal.”

“I know” she replied. “Damn it, he doesn’t need this shit. He’s a college student for God’s sake!”

“Hey!” I reprimanded, “That’s my nephew or niece you called shit! Better can the cussing.”

She laughed. “Alright! But seriously, I’m feeling guilty. It’d be like I’m trapping him.”

“Don’t be stupid. He’s got a right to know. Just tell him. See what he’s got to say. I’ll come with you. He may not really be a douche.”

“It’d make you happy if he were, wouldn’t it?”

“Oye! That’s low, you mean cunt!”

“Watch your language, I’m preggers. Treat me with respect!” she demanded.

I flipped her off.

That night Kent and I facetimed till late. It was normal for us to continue on up to twelve, beyond which I never could stay awake. The high of Jenny’s news acted like a Red Bull on me and I went on like a broken record about how cool it was that she was going to be a mother and how great she would be at it. Kent listened patiently and sounded equally thrilled at my enthusiasm.

“And I am going to be the best uncle any kid could have.” I said at one point.

“I’m sure you’ll be.” Kent said in a cryptic tone. His face had gone neutral.

“What happened?” I asked suspiciously.

“Nothing. I think you’d be great at it.” He tried to convince me.

“Nopes, didn’t work. Try again.”

He sighed. “Have you thought about being a father?”

My excitement plummeted rapidly. “What about it?”

“Do you want that?” His tone was cautious.

“I don’t know.” I said. “Never thought about it.”

“Hmm.”

“Why do you ask?”

“Well, I want kids of my own someday.” He said, looking at me resolutely.

My eyes went wide and I stopped mid breath.

“Okay” I responded slowly, with palpable caution.

For a second or two neither of us said anything. I could not contain my curiosity though,

“You want to adopt or get a surrogate?”

“Adopt for sure. May want to get a surrogate to bear one of my own. It’s not necessary. I actually want to become a foster parent to begin with.”

We had never had this conversation before. In fact we had never had any futuristic conversation ever.

“That sounds like a noble plan.” I said.

“It’s not so much about being noble. I think I have an opportunity to have a fulfilling life while also making a difference to someone else’s life.”

I looked at his sincerity and felt like surrendering totally. It was too late for a conversation like this.

“You’re making a difference in my life.” I flirted shamelessly.

“I am? Then why don’t I get treated well?” He seemed willing.

“Oh yea? I don’t treat you well? Your memory is serving you badly.”

“Yes, remind me.” His voice had dropped an octave. I was buried under the covers and stretched lazily.

“I’m getting hard thinking of how I treated you.” I was rubbing myself quite obviously.

“What’re you thinking about?”

“Your large dark nipples. How hard they get when I tickle them with my tongue.”

“Mhhmm, I love it when you do that. I’m playing with them.”

Shit. “Show me” I demanded.

It had been a long day and way too serious one at that. Kent, as always was happy to let me be and help take my mind off to easier things in life. Like his utter gorgeousness.

Copyright © 2013 meanderingsNmusings; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So Jon is going to be an uncle. He's come a long way but he still has a way to go. Wonder if Kent noticed the sidestepping of there conversation from kids to sex. But jenny is right in one aspect Kent is very good for Jon. Just hope Kent has the patience to wait for Jon.

Link to comment

Jenny is lucky to have Jon, and Jon is lucky to have Kent. They are a great group of friends. Jon seems so much younger than Kent. I guess Kent seems to act more mature. Something tells me that before long Jon is going to have to man up and go with what he feels. Great chapter :great:

Link to comment

Good for Jenny! Who needs a boy-toy to raise a child? She's successful and financially stable, go for it. Boy-toy should definitely be told though. He should be in the baby's life any way he can.

 

Maybe Jon will think about having kids now that he knows Kent wants some. And Jon seems to be head over heels in love with Kent. Kent is very inspiring, wanting to be a foster parent. He'd be one hundred times better than the foster parents I read about.

 

These were two great chapters Meanderings! :)

Link to comment
On 06/15/2013 01:24 PM, Lisa said:
Good for Jenny! Who needs a boy-toy to raise a child? She's successful and financially stable, go for it. Boy-toy should definitely be told though. He should be in the baby's life any way he can.

 

Maybe Jon will think about having kids now that he knows Kent wants some. And Jon seems to be head over heels in love with Kent. Kent is very inspiring, wanting to be a foster parent. He'd be one hundred times better than the foster parents I read about.

 

These were two great chapters Meanderings! :)

Thanks lisa
Link to comment
On 06/15/2013 01:24 PM, Lisa said:
Good for Jenny! Who needs a boy-toy to raise a child? She's successful and financially stable, go for it. Boy-toy should definitely be told though. He should be in the baby's life any way he can.

 

Maybe Jon will think about having kids now that he knows Kent wants some. And Jon seems to be head over heels in love with Kent. Kent is very inspiring, wanting to be a foster parent. He'd be one hundred times better than the foster parents I read about.

 

These were two great chapters Meanderings! :)

Thanks lisa
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..