Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Attraction - 10. Chapter 10 – All you need is?

Thanks to Kent, our relationship started on the grounds of true camaraderie and strong mutual liking. Since the beginning though we had also found it difficult to keep our hands off each other. Despite never having been with another man before, Kent was cool about PDA. It never went beyond a peck on the cheek or lips on the high side but as a bare minimum we would find excuses to brush against each other all the time.

In private, it was more intense. It seemed any chance we could find, we made out like it was our last. Things only intensified as time progressed and we found ourselves more deeply involved with each other. An unacknowledged elephant between us was the impending end of his internship post which he would have to go back and finish his graduate course in California.

We had not done ‘the’ deed yet, mind you. Every time we were in each other’s arms the barrier between me and my resolve seemed to thin more and more. Yet, even though I wanted to, I could not bring myself to overcome the inhibitions entirely. If I gave up the only shred of virginity I was left with, wouldn’t Kent assume I was in love with him?

As things stood, my boyfriend (that sounded so fantastic) found everything we did amazing. He would repeat time and again how perfect I was and how lucky he was to have me. Declarations and expressions of ownership were not infrequent and I would react either by ignoring them or worshiping him in gratitude of them, depending on my mood. It was extremely difficult to stay passive in face of such an onslaught of affection and I was only barely managing to keep my head above the water. Kent on the other hand was bent on pulling all the stops.

On my next trip to Seattle he planned a Paragliding trip. I had mentioned my love for adventure sports, especially those involving heights. Screaming my lungs out when freefalling from hundreds of feet above sea level was thrilling beyond explanation. A funny thing happened in that adventure.

Amateurs such as Kent and I had to do paragliding with instructors. As luck would have it, my guy was a shining specimen of male hotness. He was almost as tall as Kent (have I mentioned he’s six feet four?) and with high cheekbones and sharp eyes, was cut out from the same ilk as Markus Schenkenberg. My lover dearest was going to jump with a burly firefighter type who was quite a hot Daddy too. I thought this was a win-win for both of us and started making small talk with what (read who) luck had dealt me. I assumed it is normal practice to calm the novice gliders down and found myself laughing unselfconsciously at something that Markus (real name Jake) said. As I looked to Kent to share my cheeriness I was met with a cold stare. By now I knew how to read him. This was not a look of fear, it was something else. What, I would be a shit-head not to know. No, I was the kind of shit-head that knew what was going on and flamed it. I decided to up the ante and started giving my instructor those full faced smiles that typically earned kisses from my lover. A sideways glance at the latter’s face showed a dirty smirk which said, ‘you little shit! I know what you’re up to’. Then as we were gearing up to make the jump Kent said something to the Daddy which I couldn’t catch. Daddy and Markus exchanged some signs that were difficult to decipher. The grin had turned into a full blown - ‘I’ll show you’ smile. I replied with my own version of ‘bring it up’. I should have known what direction any plot of Kent’s would take. Markus said I need to take my helmet off to try on a different one. I complied obediently. As soon as my head was free Kent dragged me to lay a wet one right on my mouth. Of course I was left reeling, eyes half closed, when he pulled away. Markus and Daddy howled like wolves and Mr. Hot Shot behaved like he had just won the jackpot. All three high-fived while I was left to catch my breath and roll my eyes. The actual jump and glide were almost as thrilling.

Kent had more fun arranged for later. He had asked me to carry suit and sure enough in the evening we dolled up for a dinner at the restaurant atop the Space Needle. In all my trips to the city this was one thing I had not done as it had seemed altogether too cheesy & touristy. My sentiments were turned on their head when I walked into the place with my boyfriend in tow. I felt a couple of inches taller in my Hugo Boss shoes. Every eye in that joint was on my companion. For reasons I found inexplicable, his were focused entirely on me. As I shared my meal on that rotating disc of a restaurant, enjoying the brilliant vista of the city, the bay and my gorgeous boyfriend, I understood why humans liked cheese so much. It was because with the right accompaniments it could taste heavenly.

We called off the evening with some dirty dancing in one of the gay clubs in Capitol Hill which got us so hot and bothered that we blew each other right inside the door of his apartment. With that, the day’s escapades finally caught up so that we literally crawled into bed and dropped dead instantly.

It seemed that Kent wasn’t done with the things he had planned for this weekend. Next day he woke me up quite early so we could go grab a coffee and buy fresh Pomfrets. He wanted to fry it Indian style with hot ground spices, to have with some curry and white rice. He had eaten it in one of his trips to India (surprise surprise - well travelled bloke) and promised it was the best fish he had ever had. Standing by his side on the balcony, pouring wine into shiny glasses, watching him give me fond looks between attending to the simmering fish I thought, no party, no adventure was more thrilling than this moment of simple companionship under the summer sun.

Kent had still more things planned for us before I had to go back. As we shared a bowl of strawberry ice-cream using the same spoon, me almost on my boyfriend’s lap, he sprang those on me.

“Jon” he began, “you know my internship ends in another two weeks right?”

Oh boy, here we go. I had been blocking that bit of detail to deal with later. He wanted to press the agenda, it seemed.

“I've been doing a lot of thinking. I don’t want to pressure you into anything you are not ready for, really, but I feel it would be wrong not to say what’s in my heart. It all boils down to two things. First is something that I want from you, second is something I want to give you.”

I turned around to look into his eyes. They were stretched wider than I had ever seen before. It was strange to see Kent scared. He drew in a deep breath.

“Second thing first.” He pulled out a box from under the sofa cushion. I opened it. Inside was a beautiful platinum chain with a narrow, flat plate in the middle to make for a locket. The plate was polished bare on the front but the back had an inscription. It said ‘Kent’s Heart’.

Tears blinded my sight as I kept staring at the words. Kent took it from me and put the chain around my neck before tilting my face up to say,

“Just so there’s no confusion, what I am saying is, I love you; with all my heart; a heart that is now yours.”

I started crying freely. He licked the tears off my face, peppering it with soft kisses. Then he lifted me off the floor as my legs went around him. Kissing him with all I had, I heard his words echo in my ears - ‘First is something that I want from you, second is something I want to give.’ He had given me his heart; surely I knew what he was asking of me. And I would give it all, everything, even my life if he asked for it at this moment. I was sure of it. He laid me gently on the bed before crouching over me to stare into my eyes.

“Now, for the thing that I wanted from you.”

I was too choked for words and nodded vigorously to convey my readiness. I was in for another surprise.

“Make love to me. I want you inside me. Make me yours.”

I was stunned. There was no doubt in his eyes. They were filled with pure, unadulterated love. I took a glance at the wall clock as did he. Then we looked at each other and burst out laughing. Kent, my gorgeous, genius Kent, he had planned it to a T. It was just after one pm. There was plenty of time to fulfill his wish before I had to leave.

Copyright © 2013 meanderingsNmusings; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Finally :P That sounded like a fun weekend though. I hope there's no regrets or uncertainties afterwards. Great chapter!

Link to comment

Awww Kent pulled all the stops out... why can't I help to wait for Jon to mess this up?

Link to comment

What a beautiful chapter. A thrilling weekend and I love the turn around payback Kent gave Jon with the instructors, wonder if the two instructors were a couple that they could off each other so well. It's so obvious that Jon loves Kent if only he would stop analyzing and just go for it. He can trust himself over and over again in high risk sports he needs to finally risk his heart for Kent. Confused about the laughter at the end I know there must be a significance about the 1p.m. But can't remember it.

Link to comment
On 06/12/2013 03:34 AM, Daithi said:
What a beautiful chapter. A thrilling weekend and I love the turn around payback Kent gave Jon with the instructors, wonder if the two instructors were a couple that they could off each other so well. It's so obvious that Jon loves Kent if only he would stop analyzing and just go for it. He can trust himself over and over again in high risk sports he needs to finally risk his heart for Kent. Confused about the laughter at the end I know there must be a significance about the 1p.m. But can't remember it.
It's described in next line. Because of well Kent had planned it with enough time for sex
Link to comment

Man, I was crying right along with Jon. That was such a beautiful gift that Kent got Jon.

 

What a beautiful chapter mNmusings. I'm hoping that with only two weeks left, Kent will surprise Jon and tell him that he was accepted to a school closer to him. Certainly not in Cali. Somewhere where he'd be close to Jon and his sister. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Link to comment
On 06/12/2013 11:40 AM, Lisa said:
Man, I was crying right along with Jon. That was such a beautiful gift that Kent got Jon.

 

What a beautiful chapter mNmusings. I'm hoping that with only two weeks left, Kent will surprise Jon and tell him that he was accepted to a school closer to him. Certainly not in Cali. Somewhere where he'd be close to Jon and his sister. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)

thanks Lisa. Unfortunately Kent cannot change schools. He's going to Stanford after all!
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..