Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Thoughts of a Wolfpup. - 4. Poem #4 - The Future.

The Future:

Through the years we jump and grow.
In our minds is the place we go.
Leaps and bounds through triumphs and conquest.
Slips and falls through attempts and tests.
Never aware we're in the moment until it's too late.
Fighting toward the future of tomorrow that turns,
out not to be promised.
Tomorrow is the goal, today is the present.
All should enjoy the beauty of the trip before it's passed.
Some may say that the time is forecast to come thick and fast.
Enjoying the glory that comes with steadfast stories.
Overcoming the nonsense from nearsighted haters.
Time is valuable as gold itself. It can move you forwards,
as well as move you back.
Let's get through the former and onto the forthcoming.

- Midnightwolfpup.

Copyright © 2023 Midnightwolfpup; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Thanks! I appreciate your support! :) I’m enjoying being able to focus more on the emotions I’m feeling and being able to encompass them into something. It’s a form of making art to me. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I enjoyed the positive view of life and change you expressed in this poem.  It is an energetic and encouraging exhortation to appreciate today while looking forward to tomorrow.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..