Jump to content
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Thoughts of a Wolfpup. - 5. Poem #5 - The Moon.

The moon:

It shines so brightly this early night.
Beyond the flame is a glow reminiscent of pure delight.
The moment looking up is where true thoughts illuminate.
Feelings deeper than imagined seep out and overflow.
Breathing becomes harder as thoughts become stronger.
Emotions cause sadness in the memories that are passed on.
The glow shines down lighting up the night.
Like a candle that shined through the darkest battle or war of life.
It also brings peace, showing how the darkness isn't solely black.
Illuminating through the ebony, bleak and desolate twilight hours.
Sometimes the moon can be the shape of a crescent.
Other times it can be a big and shining out of this world object.
No matter the night looking up can cause fulfillment.
Completing and reassuring us of the feelings we have instilled within.

-Midnightwolfpup.

Copyright © 2023 Midnightwolfpup; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 4
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Excellent perspective on moonlight :)   I hope you look at it away from city lights.  It shines brighter in the dark of the backwoods - of course that's my personal bias ;)  

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment

A lovely poem. It's we who are changed by looking up and out of ourselves. Thanks for posting it

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I happy I ran across these. Since you mentioned to enjoyed writing, I'm pleased to see you doing so and sharing them. Hugz and Howlz :hug:

  • Love 3
Link to comment

A lovely description of Earth's companion.  Your poem provides a wonderful perspective of how the moon affects human thoughts and emotions.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..