Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

    MrM
  • Author
  • 421 Words
  • 1,051 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Gone From Daylight was created by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/21-comicality/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="21" href="<___base_url___>/profile/21-comicality/" rel="">@Comicality</a> <br>

The Seducer: A Gone From Daylight Inspired Story - 11. William Harker’s Journal: Entry 11

§ §
Saturday, September 15, 1989

Casa Pădurilor Verzi, The House of the Green Wood, is what he calls it.

It’s Dr. V’s home in Woodside, not too far away from the university! He tells me its a big place, which I can totally figure that it is because all the houses out in Woodside seem to be huge!

I am invited, again, for one of his teas, which is going to be more of a late dinner, actually. He wanted to start training me in Romanian and Russian, for some reason! He ensures that I’ll not be charged for the extra lessons and, since he wants to grow my interest in the Eastern European cultures, it is best to ‘start early with the languages’.

“Time takes that faculty away, I am afraid, Mr. Harker. Better not to wait to learn languages. Learn them while still young! Since you’ve taken Spanish, Romanian might not be that difficult. It is a Romance Language, after all. An oddity for this part of the world where the Slavic languages predominate. Hence my addition of Russian, the most widely spoken of all the Balto-Slavic Languages.” He told me by phone last night.

Night . . . again he wants me to come at night for this. I don’t know what Dr. V’s aversion to daytime is, but he only seems to have time for me at night. So, night it shall be!

Lord knows, I’m going to end up a vampire if I keep doing the work by night and sleep in the daytime thing! Only thing is, all my other classes and things are during the day, so when do I get to sleep?

Dr. V, actually, has that covered! Though he’ll meet me tomorrow on Sunday for this first session, he’ll set the evening on Saturdays which will be our normal schedule. That way I have Sunday morning to catch up and the rest of my week isn’t messed with.

I didn’t think once a week would be enough to work on learning two whole new languages, but Dr. V assures me, he has a ‘way’ to make learning languages much easier. He invented the technique himself!

Is there nothing Dr. V can’t do?

In any case, I have a ‘date’ with the Dr tomorrow night. I get to visit his mansion in one of the most exclusive neighborhoods in the world, and I get to take two language lessons for free and without all the rigor of formal classes!

Terrific!

© 1998-2022 Comicality; All Rights Reserved; Copyright © 2020 MrM; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Thank you for reading. Please leave comments.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Gone From Daylight was created by <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/21-comicality/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="21" href="<___base_url___>/profile/21-comicality/" rel="">@Comicality</a> <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..