Jump to content
    NightOwl88
  • Author
  • 6,267 Words
  • 5,055 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lovers Blind - 11. Failed Attempts

Disclaimer: This story includes sexual and romantic situations between consenting individuals. Any allusion to illicit or illegal activity, sexual or otherwise, is used only for enhancement of the story line and not promotion thereof. Remember AIDS, HIV and other STDs are a very real threat, please always practice safe sex.

I can prove copyright on this story so please don't copy or remove this story for personal use without my permission.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Lovers Blind 11: Failed Attempts

I was sitting with Jake in my room as we worked on our homework. I knew Jake was looking at the clock, counting down till the time he had to go home. Despite knowing that it was still nice to be with him.

"What time did you say that your parents would be back?" Jake asked for the tenth time in as many minutes.

"Dad figures about five thirty, which means we have about another hour before then. Now relax, he promised he would call if there was any change in plans," I said as I got up and navigated my way over to the bed.

"I still can't believe your mom is agreeing to this," Jake said as he pulled me down onto the bed.

"Well that’s kind of because she didn't," I said with a smile and I knew Jake was looking at me like I was nuts.

"What do you mean she didn't?" Jake asked sounding a little scared.

"I mean Dad told me you could come over while he and mom went to her therapy session so long as we didn't tell her. She thinks I'm with Lou and Lawrence," I said and Jake huffed.

"Your dad is ok with lying to her?" Jake asked as I felt around and laid my head down on his lap.

"Not really, but he is also feeling guilty about us not being able to see each other. He doesn’t know what to do so he's just making it up as he goes along," I said as Jake absently ran his fingers through my hair; I really loved it when he did that.

"I don't like the idea of sneaking around behind her back... I mean I love spending time with you...Maybe I should try talking to her, try to clear the air with her a bit. Maybe that would do some good?" Jake asked and I wondered if he had a point.

"I don't know, at this point I'm just about ready to try anything. I really miss you," I said as I reached up and rested my hand behind Jake's neck, pulling him down to me.

I didn't waste any time as soon as Jake's lips touched mine I dipped my tongue between his lips, savoring the unique taste of Jake.

Jake pulled away for a second and I felt him move around and pull off his shirt. I sat up on my knees and pulled mine off too and shivered as Jake's hands ran up and down my sides.

"I've missed touching you like this," Jake murmured against my neck as his hands ghosted around my waist and up my back.

"I've missed having you touch me," I said before taking some initiative and going after Jake’s neck, kissing and nipping at the sensitive flesh.

Jake groaned in delight and pushed his hands down the back of my pants, between my jeans and underwear.

I ran my hands down Jake's chiseled chest till I reached the button on his jeans. Just as I got the button open and the zipper down the phone rang.

"Answer that and you're dead," I growled as I felt Jake jump and reach for the phone.

"It could be your dad." He said and I groaned. I HATED when he had a point.

I took the phone from him and clicked it on.

"Hey son you might want to tell Jake to get home and have one of your friends come over, we’re coming home a bit early... things didn't go too well." Dad said in a rush as soon as I answered.

"Yes sir." I said and Dad said goodbye and hung up.

"I heard. I got to bolt." Jake said and I could hear the sadness in his voice.

I didn't want to let him go, I wanted to wrap him up and keep him there no matter what Mom's issues were. Jake was mine, pure and simple.

"I have to go," He whispered as he trailed his fingertips down my chest.

"It's not fair,” I said quietly, resting my head against his neck.

"I know it's not, but it will get better, I swear," Jake said as he wrapped his arms around me.

I really wanted to just sit there and cry; it was all getting to me. I wouldn't though, not until Jake went home, it would only make him feel worse.

"Come on, you need to get ready to go," I said as I crawled off his lap and walked over to my desk.

I heard Jake put his shirt back on and gather up his stuff.

"Aren’t you going to call Lou or Lawrence?" Jake asked as He pushed my shirt into my hand.

"No I'm not going to worry about it. I'll just tell Mom and Dad that they had to leave a bit early." I said as I pulled my shirt on.

"You're asking for trouble with that one," Jake said as he smoothed my hair flat.

"I know, but I get the feeling Mom won't really notice anyway. I'm sure she'll be in a bad mood when she gets home no matter what," I replied with a bit of a bite in my tone.

I felt Jake kneel down in front of me and felt his hands on my sides.

"I love you. I'm sorry I caused all of this. I shouldn't have told you not to let your parents about the issues we were having with Rick. I just... I thought it would make things worse... I guess it kind of blew up in my face," Jake said quietly and the guilt his words left me with crushed my anger.

"It's not your fault Jake. I went along with everything; I didn't think it was a good idea either. If I had thought for a second that Mom would go nuts like this I would have stopped and done things differently. Please don't blame yourself." I said as I cupped Jake's face in my hands. I felt tear streaks under my fingers.

Jake didn't say anything in return; he wrapped his arms around my waist and tucked his head against my stomach, letting his tears soak into my shirt.

I cradled the back of Jake's head with one hand and ran the other up and down his back, trying to sooth him. I may have been blind but I should have seen that Jake would be blaming himself for the situation we were in. The fact that I had agreed with him wasn't even registering.

I tried to console him, comfort him verbally but it didn't work so I gave up and let him get it out of his system. Soon he had reigned himself in and looked up at me, I ran my hands up his neck and wiped away the residue of tears on his cheeks.

"I'm sorry I freaked out... I didn't mean to," Jake mumbled as he pressed himself into my touches.

"Don't worry about it Jake, I've been doing the same thing since all this went down," I said and I felt Jake tense, I knew I shouldn't have said that.

"I'm sorry I wasn't here with you," He whispered quietly.

I ran my hands through his hair, messing it up before I spoke.

"If I was able to be with you I wouldn't be crying so often. It'll get better," I said as I stood up and pulled him with me.

"You need to get out of here before my folks get home, I'd hate to have to beat my own mother with my cane for flipping out," I said with a hint of a laugh and Jake chuckled a bit.

"I love you. I'll see you in the morning," Jake said before kissing my cheek.

I listened to his progress through the house and the distant closing of the back door before I lay back on my bed and waited. I would be in trouble when Mom and Dad got home; I wasn't supposed to be there alone after all. Dad words not to push Mom were echoing around in my head but I ignored them. Realizing how much pain Jake was in had lit a reckless little fire inside me.

I wouldn't make things too difficult but I was done being blindly compliant.

* * *

I walked into the kitchen and saw Dad sitting at the table, two bottles of cream soda were sitting in front of him that worried me a bit. It was a strange little tradition in my family. In place of wine on special or important occasion Mom and Dad would give me cream soda, like they had when Zeek and I told them we were together.

"Should I be worried about those?" I asked as I pointed to the bottles in front of him, I was worried something big had happened... or that he was being sent away again.

"No, I don't think so. But then again recent history has been shown that I've been wrong on things concerning the two of us," Dad said and I felt a surge of guilt course through my stomach as Dad motioned for me to sit down.

"Dad what’s going on?" I asked as he pushed one of the still cold bottles toward me.

"I've been talking to my bosses the last few days. I've told them that I'm tired of traveling all the time. I told them that if they couldn't find something for me to do that would keep me local then they needed to let me go," He said and I felt the bottom of my stomach fall out... Dad loved his work... aside from the traveling.

"Dad... you didn't have to do that," I said but Dad just smiled at me and shook his head.

"I did have to Jake, we can't start making thing's right between us if I'm bouncing around the globe every couple of weeks or months," He said and I popped the cap on my bottle as he spoke, I was nervous and needed to something to do with my hands.

"So... what did they say?" I asked; feeling worried about the answer.

"Well I admit they weren't very happy when I handed out my ultimatum. They took a few days to grumble at me and I surreptitiously sent in a few offers I'd gotten from rival companies the last few years, especially the ones that would be keeping me local," Dad said as he paused for a drink of his own cream soda; I knew he was pausing for dramatic effect.

"And?" I asked with a bit of impatience.

"And they caved. They created a position for me. I'm now the Head of Security Technologies. I get a nice new office and fifteen people working under me. The pay and the benefits are the same but I don't have to travel nearly as much," Dad said with a wide smile and I all but dove on him and wrapped my arms around him. When I felt Dad's breathe hitch and his arms wrap hard around me I knew he was crying.

"I'll still have to go away a couple times a year to do first-hand evaluations and if there is a serious upgrade I'll have to supervise it first-hand but they promised that they'd have me working video classes and conferences as often as possible." Dad said and I tightened my arms around him and let a few tears of my own fall.

I had my dad back.

* * *

I was lying on my bed, twirling one of those big novelty pencils Jake had given me as a joke between my fingers when I heard the front door open and shut down stairs.

"Joy, this should be fun," I said to myself as I heard the indistinct rumble of Mom and Dad's raised voices.

I stayed in bed, wondering what I should do; should I go downstairs and face the music I knew was coming or should I wait and let them come to me?

A few minutes later the choice was removed, I could hear Mom's footsteps on the stairs.

I heard Mom's little knock and told her to come in.

"Where are Lou and Lawrence?" She asked immediately. I missed the days when the first thing I would get was 'Hi honey, how are you?' when she would enter the room.

"You missed them by about five minutes. Lawrence's mom called and her car needed jumped. Dad called and said you guys would be home early so I told them to go ahead and go," I was getting better at this whole lying thing. Not being able to see the person's face made it easy.

Mom didn't say anything but I could hear the gears working in her mind and I picked up the cordless phone from my nightstand and waved it in her direction.

"You can call them if you want to," I said. Luckily I had already talked to the two of them, and they had NO problem lying to my mom.

"Oh don't be silly. I hope everything is alright," She backpedaled, "Dinner will be ready in a couple of hours, I'll have your father come up when it's done," She said and leaned over and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Thanks Mom, love you," I relented as she left the room.

"Love you too dear, you're welcome," She said and I heard my door click shut.

I heard her going down the stairs and when her footsteps faded completely I started to count.

I hadn't even hit the sixty second mark before I heard the heavier footfalls up the stairs, Dad was coming up. Thirty seconds later Dad opened my door.

"I'm guessing Mom's session didn't go too well," I said and felt Dad's weight on the foot of the bed.

"Well... you could say that I suppose. But let’s not worry about that right now. How was your visit?" Dad asked, being careful to keep from saying Jake's name, just in case.

"It was fun, too bad it doesn't happen often enough anymore," I said, being equally coy. It wasn't really necessary though, I could hear even the slightest of steps on the stairs but I let Dad have his paranoia.

"I know. I am working on that. We just have to be patient," Dad said and I had to suppress the urge to argue.

"We were talking today. He wonders if it would do any good to try and talk to her one on one," I said in a hushed voice.

"I... I don't know if that is such a good idea... that might push her a bit far," Dad said with worry in his voice, I knew he had a point but we were running out of options. Mom wasn't getting better on her own, therapy didn't appear to be going very well and I was getting tired of it.

"I'm tired Dad." I said, hoping he would get my double meaning.

Dad rested his hand on my knee and I knew he'd understood.

"I know Zeek. I'm sorry for all this. I'm doing my best to set this situation right. I just... I'm just as lost as you are in all of this," Dad said and I had to stave off the guilt, I knew he hadn't meant to cause it but it didn't matter.

"I know Dad, I'm sorry too." I said as I sat up and wrapped my arms around him. I was a real shrimp, especially compared to my dad, so I always felt a like a little kid when Dad would hug me.

Dad let me go and I lay back on the bed and faced in his direction.

"So what happened at Mom's session?" I asked again and I heard Dad sigh.

"Nothing much to be perfectly honest. You know how she gets when someone tries to tell her that she's handling things in a bad way. She got upset, then she got angry, and then she walked out," Dad said as he skipped the gory details, which I was silently thankful for.

"So no progress has been made?" I asked and I heard Dad chuckle.

"I think... I think she has realized that she hasn't been handling the situation in the right way. But I also know that she isn't willing to admit that," Dad said and I nodded mutely.

"I guess we'll just have to wait and keep trying," Dad said and I reluctantly agreed.

* * *

"Lou asks how your mom’s therapy sessions are going," Lawrencesaid as we sat at our usual corner booth at the Pizza shop.

"It's not, three sessions on and nothing is happening. She's still refusing to let Jake and I see each other except during school. Though she has stopped suggesting I get a tutor instead of going to school, so I guess that's progress," I said as I picked up a slice.

"How's it going with your folks Lou?" Jake asked.

"He says it's going well. They are talking every night and have accepted that we're together. His dad has been put on anti-depressants though." Lawrencetranslated for me.

"Well at least they're making some sort of progress," I said and the others agreed.

The rest of our lunch went by uneventfully, and we all let a little depressed.

* * *

"So is your mom going to let you go to the poker game this weekend?" I asked Zeek as we drove home, I knew he was looking forward to the game but with his mom being so difficult he was getting nervous about sneaking around her.

"I want to but I'm going to have to wait and see how Mom acts before I decide if I can risk it or not," He said as he leaned his seat back some.

"I still think I should try talking to her," I said again, I had brought this up a dozen times in the last four days.

"I know you do Jake... Dad is just afraid it might be too much for her to handle," Zeek replied in a bored voice, they had talked about this too much since Tuesday.

The rest of the drive home was short and quiet. We were both thinking about the situation we were in. I was tired of missing Zeek, tired of seeing the look in his mom's eyes when I'd drop him off after school, I couldn't place the look but it wasn't positive.

I parked in my driveway and walked Zeek to his house; his mom opened the door like always.

She didn't bother to tell me goodbye this time, the look she gave me was enough.

"I'll see you in the morning," I said before I kissed Zeek on the temple, catching his mom's look out of the corner of my eye.

I walked back to my house and went up to my room. Mom and Dad were still at work, which was fine with me for once. I didn't want anyone home the way I was feeling. I sat down in front of my window and stared into Zeek's room, pathetic I know but it was the only way I could get to see him.

I watched as he walked into his room and tossed his backpack down on the bed and put his shades down on his nightstand. Zeek stripped out of his school clothes, folded them, and changed into an old t-shirt and pair of shorts. When I first started watching him this had been my favorite part, watching him strip down; but now it was just depressing, I wanted to be there with him, getting to feel his body as I pulled off his clothes.

Zeek sat down at his desk and started on his homework, running the pages he needed through his Braille converter and set to reading them over. I had tried to learn Braille a few times but I but I could never get the hang of it, I kept confusing the little bumps.

"You know I think what you're doing there might be a little illegal," Mom's voice made me jump and I turned around to see her standing in my doorway.

"Maybe... but this is the only way I can see him." I said without guilt as I turned back to the window.

Mom came up behind me and put her hand on my shoulder as I continued to stare out at Zeek working on his homework.

"Does he know you're watching him?" She asked and I shook my head.

"If he did it just upset him more, I've already broken down on him once this week. I don't want him to feel worse," I said before I answered the unasked question and told her what had happened on Monday.

"I've known the Manning's since I was a kid Mom; I've always known how protective they are of Zeek. I should have realized it was a bad idea to keep stuff from them... especially after the reaction Mrs. Manning had when she first found out we were together," I said as I crossed my arms over my chest, trying to keep from breaking down, again.

"Jake... It wasn't a good idea for you two not to tell use that you were having problems with the Jenkins' boy... But none of us thought that Molly would react the way she did, certainly I never thought she would take it this far," Mom said and I heard the same sort of upset in her voice that I heard the night I talked to Dad in the kitchen.

My guilt got worse as I heard that tone in her voice. I didn't realize just how much this was affecting my folks, Mom and Mrs. Manning had been friendly with each other as long as Zeek and I have and Dad had been looking forward to getting chummy with Zeek's dad, being on the road as often as he was didn't leave much time for socializing.

"I've been thinking about trying to talk to her, see if it would do any good," I said for a way to break the silence.

"Have you talked to Zeek about that?" She asked quietly.

"Yea, and he in turned talked to his dad about it, and they both agreed that it wasn't a good idea. I still want to try it though, but I don't want to cause more problems," I said as I scratched the back of my head.

"I don't know if it is a good idea for you to talk to Molly or not, Jake. I can only advise you to think it over and do what you think is right," Mom said as she let her hand fall from my shoulder and turned away from the window. She picked up my backpack, "I think you should start on your homework though," She said as she dropped it onto my lap.

"I will in about five minutes, that’s when he goes downstairs for something to drink," I said as she walked to the door. I heard her pause for a second and waited for her to say something about my sanity but she let it slide and left my room.

* * *

I waited until I saw Lou's jeep pull out of the driveway before I headed out. I knew that Zeek and his dad and even my folks didn't think this was a good idea but I had no choice. Zeek had told me Friday morning when I picked him up for school that his mom had canceled her therapy session for that morning...and all of the following ones.

I couldn't shake the feeling that this was my last chance to set things straight with her, something was telling me that she was going to start getting worse again.

Mom and Dad were out to dinner so getting out of the house was easy. Zeek's dad was staying late at the office so I didn't have to worry about him trying to talk me out of it, his mom having taken a vacation so as to not leave him alone with me.

I trusted Lou and Lawrence to keep Zeek occupied until I called them. Him being blind finally had a perk; he couldn't leave without one of them to bring him, it was low but I was running out of ideas.

Taking a deep breath, I walked up to the door and knocked and waited.

"Jake, "Mrs. Manning said in surprise when she opened the door, but she recovered quickly," I'm sorry to say but Zeek is out with his friends, you'll have to wait till tomorrow morning to talk to him," She said with a snap and I took another steadying breath.

"I know. It's not Zeek I'm here to see Mrs. Manning. I... I want to talk to you actually," I said and she looked surprised again.

"Then come in," She said and stood back to let me in.

'Ok that was TOO easy,' I said to myself as I walked past her.

* * *

"He's doing WHAT!" I damn near shouted when I finally managed to badger the truth out of Lou and Lawrence.

"He's going to be talking to your mom. Our job is to keep you here and occupied until we hear from him," Lawrencesaid in a defeated sort of way.

"You let him agree to this?" I asked turning the direction of Lou's breathing; his breaths were always deeper than Lawrence's.

'I tried to talk them out of it, I swear,' He wrote onto my arm slowly, 'We both know that they would have done it anyway without the two of us knowing,' He concluded and I knew he was right but that didn't stop me from being pissed.

"I still can't believe he's doing this, and that he has dragged you two into it as well," I said weakly as I sat down on one of the chairs.

"On the bright side, we should know fairly soon what's going on. I saw Jake in his window as we left earlier, he probably bolted to your place as soon as we left," Lawrencesaid and I groaned.

It was going to be a long night.

* * *

"Mrs. Manning, I'm going to jump straight to the point here because unless I'm angry I don't do confrontation well." I said as soon as she and I made it into the living room.

"Then by all means 'jump to the point', I'll wait," She said and her tone had me worried, it was WAY too easy going compared to the attitude she had been given me.

"I'm here, amongst other things, to apologize for how I handled things," I paused and waited for her to say something but she didn't I just plowed on, "I shouldn't have convinced Zeek not to tell you about the problems we were having. I just... thing's started to get heated just after we told you guys about our relationship... and I knew the kind of issues you were having with that, I didn't want... I was afraid that adding more stress to the situation would make things harder on Zeek and I, with everyone adjusting to our relationship," I said in a rush and waited for her to say something.

"So let me get this straight. You, at the time as the ripe old age of seventeen, decided you knew what was best for me, my husband and my son?" She asked without heat but with loads of sarcasm.

"No, no not at all, I just... I didn't think... If I had known you were going to react this way I wouldn't have handled things the way I did," I said and immediately regretted my words, she looked like she wanted to strangle me.

"And just how have I been acting young man?" She asked dangerously.

"You refuse to let us see each other; you won't even let me call him in the evening. You tried to convince him to leave school so that we wouldn't see each other period. I can understand that you’re upset that we lied-" I would have gone on but she cut me off.

"YOU are a child, you have NO idea how upset and worried I am," She all but shouted and the word 'child’ irked me.

"YES I do. I am sick and tired of everyone telling me that I don't understand. I've been worried, and upset, and scared, just as long as everyone else has. I worry everyday what could happen to him if I'm not there to protect him. I'm scared that he is going to go through the rest of his life without ever seeing again. I'm upset every time that bastard Rick Jenkins decides to make him his personal punching bag." I knew I shouldn't rage at her like this but I was getting a little too fed up.

"Yes and instead of coming to an ADULT for help you go off and act like a delinquent child and start beating people up and picking fights, how do you think you could ever be trusted with the safety of my son?" She all but shouted at me.

I had to stop for a second and get my temper under control; yelling and screaming at her wouldn't do me any good.

"Have you ever stopped to think Mrs. Manning that I've only been violent when I've keeping Zeek from being hurt? Maybe instead of throwing myself between him and Rick Jenkins and every other thug that has tried to lay a finger on him you'd prefer that I just stand by and let them pummel him?" I asked and she stood gaping at me, her mouth open to argue with me, but I pressed my advantage.

"Did it ever cross your mind that I was keeping this issue from everyone to PROTECT Zeek, to keep him safe? The last time you heard about an attack on Zeek you wanted to ship him across the country, away from everyone he knows and cares about. That destroyed him, for days on end he was like a zombie because he thought you were going to do it. Do you have any idea how much that idea hurts him, how scared he was at the thought you would actually send him away?" I asked and Mrs. Manning looked momentarily stunned, but she rallied almost immediately.

"So again you decided to show that you know how to take care of my son better than I do?" She asked and her sarcasm bit.

I sighed and let the rigid stance I'd been maintaining ease up, this was pointless.

"It was stupid of me, coming here. I really hoped that we could talk and work this out. I guess I was wrong," I said as I walked back to the door, "You don't trust me, that’s fine, I can accept that. I'm sorry that my actions made it look like I was trying to control Zeek or if they caused me to over-step my bounds; I was just doing what I thought was right, trying to keep him happy," I finished before I opened the door and left.

I called Lou and Lawrence as soon as I got home and told them that my attempt was a bust and that they could take Zeek home as soon as he was ready.

"He wants to talk to you," Lawrencesaid before he passed off the phone to Zeek.

"Hey sexy," I said, trying to sway him over the phone.

"Don't even try to be smooth with me. What were you thinking?" Zeek asked and I smiled.

"I was hoping that I could clear the air with her, it didn't work. I'm sorry Zeek; I should have listened to you. I just... I just wanted so bad to be able to see you again... I'm so sorry if this causes more issues," I said and did my best to keep from breaking down over the phone as I gave him all the details of our conversation.

"No... No it's alright Jake. I want to be able to see you too. I was really hoping that things would get better. I'm sorry it didn't," Zeek said so quietly I had to strain to hear him.

"I'm still sorry Zeek... I... I'll see you in the morning... I love you," I said and I felt the tears leak out of the corner of my eye.

"I love you too Jake... I'm sorry too," Zeek said before he hung up.

* * *

I couldn't bring myself to start a conversation with Lawrenceas he drove me home. It was hopeless now. Mom was refusing therapy, becoming more restrictive about Jake and me and since the attempt at talking to her had failed she would get worse. I couldn't see a way this could be resolved anymore.

I felt the car stop and I reached for the door latch, mumbling goodbye to Lawrence, but before I could get out he grasped my shoulder tightly. I couldn't bring myself to turn around or to say anything.

Lawrenceknew nothing he could say would make it any better so he just sat with me, sending comfort to me through his touch. I let him, trying to fight the break down I felt coming. I knew I couldn't stay though; I put my hand over his and squeezed before slipping from his grasp and using my cane to navigate up to the door and let myself in.

I heard Mom coming toward me as soon as the door closed and tried to head toward the stairs as quickly as I could, but not fast enough. I felt her hand close on my elbow but yanked out of her grip.

"I'm going to bed," I said trying to keep from being too rude.

"We need to talk," She said with a snap in her voice that I was quickly getting tired of.

"No we don't need to talk. Talking between us doesn't work anymore Mom, and I hate that. You won't listen to me anymore. You think I'm being tricked or mislead so what do we have to talk about Mom?" I asked without turning around, it was petty but I know how much she likes to me to look at her when we talk.

"Perhaps the fact that Jake came over here as soon as you left this evening," She said with implication heavy in her voice.

"Yea I know about that. He called Lawrence's and talked to me. He told me that it hadn't done any good; that you didn't listen to him anymore than you listen to me. Part of me is proud of him, that he didn't listen to me and that he tried to make things right. The other half is furious though because I know that this is going to make you worse, that you're going to use everything he said to you tonight against him and me," I said as I turned around and pulled my glasses off to let her see my eyes. She tried to speak up but I wouldn't let her, Jake had had his stand, now it was time for mine... Dad was going to be furious.

"I've been patient Mom, I've tried to wait for you to work things out, to be quiet and give you your time but I'm not doing it anymore. I need you to figure it out Mom. Is it the fact that we lied to you that upsets you? Or the fact that I'm with Jake at all? I know you never envisioned having a gay son but that’s the reality of our situation.”

“I'm tired Mom and I'm hurting and I'm miserable and I need you to figure out what's wrong with you and fix it before I can be happy again I love you, I will ALWAYS love you and I'm always going to be here. Jake's not going to take me away from you nor could he ever replace you, and he would never want to," I finished and felt the tears prickle at my eyes and let them fall.

Mom didn't say anything, I knew she wasn't going to, so I raised my hands to her face and found her cheeks wet with tears. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to her forehead then pulled her in to hug me.

"Goodnight Mom, I love you." I whispered and let go and turned to go up the stairs.

"I love you too Zeek." I heard her say quietly.

TO BE CONTINUED...
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well I hope yall liked this chapter. I want to thank Cia for editing for me while rush is away. I’d love to get your thoughts so feel free to drop me a PM, an email at allenarcane88@yahoo.com, leave me a review to check out my discussion forum. I read and respond to everything.

Disc thread link
http://www.gayauthor...

Copyright © 2011 NightOwl88; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A good chapter. Perhaps She will listen to Zeek. It sounds like he has touched a nerve.

Love your style.

Link to comment

I'm going to finish reading the story because I want to know how they end up together; but it really lacks any semblance of reality. An 18 year old being held prisoner by his mother? He could move in with Jake, his father could grow some balls and stand up to his bitch of a wife or Zeek could just defy his mother. Stupid women... Always think they know what's best for their kids and instead all they do is cause pain. I hope she dies a horrible painful death... Ne need for her to see the light or be redeemed. Kill the bitch off!

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..