Jump to content
    NightOwl88
  • Author
  • 6,281 Words
  • 5,605 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lovers Blind - 7. Two down, two to go

Disclaimer: This story includes sexual and romantic situations between consenting individuals. Any allusion to illicit or illegal activity, sexual or otherwise, is used only for enhancement of the story line and not promotion thereof. Remember AIDS, HIV and other STDs are a very real threat, please always practice safe sex.

I can prove copyright on this story so please don't copy or remove this story for personal use without my permission.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Lovers Blind 07 : Two Down, Two to go

"I'm gonna kill you Madsen!!!" Lawrence yelled as he chased Jake around the school parking lot.

The four of us had gotten to school early so instead of going to class Lawrence decided he was going to kill Jake.

I guess he was mad that Jake hadn't called him after we talked to my parents.

"So how did it go last night?" Lou asked, writing the letters on my arm.

"It went well enough I guess. My mom is having some issues with it and wants to talk to us after school today though." I told him before launching into an explanation of the night before.

"That’s better than we expected. Lawrence was freaking out because you guys didn't call." Lou wrote slowly so I could understand.

"Yea sorry about that, I forgot. Anyway have you thought of a better way for us to talk?" I asked to change the subject. I really didn't want to think about last night or what my mom would have to say when we got home.

"Nice subject change, but no I haven't." He said and I imagined that he was smiling.

"Lou, call this freak off! I've apologized a dozen times! Beside we're going to be late for class." I heard Jake yell loudly, followed by what sounded like a battle cry.

"That had to be Lawrence, Jake isn't capable of that high of a note." I joked and Lou confirmed that was indeed Lawrence.

Lou let go off my arm and went to retrieve Lawrence.

"It's...about...time!" Jake puffed and as he raised my hand to his shoulder.

"Well you should have called; we were worried sick about you guys." Lawrence said and which was followed by what sounded like someone getting smacked.

"What the hell was that for?" Lawrence asked.

"What’s going on?" I asked Jake as Lou and Lawrence started arguing.

"When Lawrence was saying we should have called he was shaking his finger at us and Lou slapped him upside the head and told him he was acting like his mother." Jake said amusingly.

I had to laugh as I envisioned Lawrence, or at least what I thought to be him, in an apron and shaking his finger menacingly.

"Keep laughing short stack and I'll sic Lou on you again." Lawrence said as he ruffled my hair.

Given the fact that I was the shortest of the four he and Lou had started calling me short stack.

"I'm shaking in my sunglasses." I said as I pretended to quiver.

"Alright, that’s it." Lawrence said as I felt an arm go around my waist, lifting me up then turning in air. I came to a stop with my stomach braced against something hard and an arm around my waist. It took me a second to realize that I had just been tossed onto someone’s shoulder.

"Ok who am I on and why?" I asked as I draped limply on my captors shoulder.

"Lou, I told you I'd sic him on you if you kept up." Lawrence said in a matter-of-fact way.

I heard laughing and talking and I assumed we had made it to the hallways.

"I am so going to kill you guys later. And that includes you Jake." I said loudly as I was paraded through the halls.

"I’m sorry man. They came from behind; by the time I realized it was too late." He said sympathetically.

"Don't get mad at Jake. If it wasn't for the fact that I rolled out of bed last night and landed on my shoulder he'd be in the same place as you." Lawrence replied as he mussed my hair up again.

"Mr. Tence may I ask why you have Mr. Manning tossed over your shoulder like a bag of dog food?" Striklin's voice came clearly from in front of me, well given the way I was facing I guess it was behind, whatever.

"We're just escorting him to class Sir." Lawrence spoke up for Lou.

"Like that? Well I guess it would be quicker then navigating him through like Mr. Madsen does. Mr. Manning are you alright?" Striklin asked and it was very weird to hear him sound amused.

"Oh, I'm fine Mr. Striklin, just peachy." I said sarcastically as I waved backwards to him.

"Well as humorous as I find this, and I assure you I find it extremely funny, perhaps it would be better that you allow Mr. Madsen to guide him through the halls after you have delivered him to his first class. I don't want this becoming a regular practice among my students. Good day to the four of you." He said and I assumed he was walking away.

"I can't believe Striklin is letting you guys do this." I said as I adjusted my glasses.

"Hey Zeek, I got a question for you." A girl asked from in front of me.

"Who is that?" I said as I looked in the direction of the voice. Then I felt my hands being placed on someone’s face. It was round and smooth with a dimple in the left cheek.

"Oh hey Miranda, what’s your question?" Miranda was a friend of mine and Jakes from Math class; she was always busy with some activity so we hardly got to talk.

"My folks have a little place up on the lake and I'm throwing a beach party there this Saturday for my birthday; I wanted to invite you and Jake. The weather is supposed to be great." She replied in her usual happy tone.

"What do you think Jake?" I asked over my shoulder.

"Have to clear it with our folks but yea it sounds cool."

"Awesome. Call me and let me know what you find out. Oh and when you call you have got to explain to me why this guy has you tossed over his shoulder." She said before giving me a quick peck on the cheek.

"Well here you go Zeek, one English class." Lawrence said as Lou stood me on the floor.

"You do know that someday, somehow I'm going to get you both for that." I said as I rubbed my stomach.

"Lou says he looks forward to it and so do I." Lawrence said as I heard their footsteps walking away from us.

* * *

"God I wish our school had an open campus policy." Jake said as he guided me toward the caf.

"Well it doesn't and since you say that bringing your lunch to school is for second graders you're stuck eating the gruel they serve here." I said as I thought of the near stomach churning food we were about to eat.

"You two are coming with us." Lawrence said as he gripped my shoulder.

"Don't sneak up on me like that damn it, and going where?" I said slightly annoyed at being startled.

"Lou and I are going off campus for lunch and your coming with us." He said as he pulled me and Jake apart.

"We only get like forty minutes for lunch, where are we going to go that’s not already packed with lunch hour customers?" Jake asked and Lawrence guided us around.

"Lou's cousin is the manager of the pizza place up the road. There is a large pepperoni already waiting on us." He said as he pushed me through a set of doors out into the warm, humid air.

"What exit did you use?" I asked as I heard the rumble of a car from in front of us.

"The emergency exit by the janitor’s closet near the cafeteria. The alarm on it is busted so it's easy to get out." He said as we stopped. Judging by the sound we were right next to the car.

"We're taking Lou's jeep so hold on to your glasses Zeek and the back seat is a little small so you'll be crammed next to Jake, which I doubt you'll mind." He said and I felt his hands wrap around my waist as he lifted me up and into the jeep.

I held on to my glass as the jeep took off and Lawrence explained how he and Lou had been sneaking out for lunch since freshman year.

"Lou wanted to tell the principal that the alarm on the door was busted but I saw the true potential in it and changed his mind." He said loudly as the wind whipped past my ears.

"You guys are going to get caught one of these days." Jake said as we slowed, hung a right and came to a stop.

“I doubt it and if we do, so what, we graduate next year." Lawrence said as he grabbed my hand and helped me out of the jeep.

"Hey Cousin, the table by the door is seated for four and it’s your lucky day, the place is dead." Some guy shouted as we walked into the restaurant.

"Hey Johnny. These are our friends Jake and Zeek; they'll be joining us from now on." Lawrence said as we sat down at a table.

We talked about a lot of stuff as we ate. Lawrence had talked to his "informants" as he called them, and none of them knew anything about the phone calls we had received. I personally thought he was getting a little paranoid when he started going on about how someone had threatened them into not talking to him. Lou was thinking along the same lines as I was as Jake told me that he had signed to him telling him that if he didn't calm down that he was going to have him committed.

"Lawrence I understand that you're pissed over all this but you got to calm down; you're losing your damn mind." I said as I finished my last slice of pizza.

"You're right, I am pissed off; I have the right to be you know. Both my boyfriend and two of my best friends have been threatened and there's nothing that I can do about it." He said and for the first time I heard an inkling of fear in his voice.

"You've got to calm down Lawrence. For all the defenses you put up you’re just as worried as we are but freaking out isn’t going to help. Stressing and worrying is only going to distract you, leave you open to whatever is coming. There is a line between cautious and obsessive and your about to cross it." I said as I lay my hand palm up on the table.

I felt another hand slip over my own and squeezed it tightly. It was too big to be Jake's and too rough to be Lou's, I knew it was Lawrence’s.

"You sound like an army captain about to lead his troops into battle." Lawrence said his voice thick with emotion.

"Maybe I am. After all I know Rick better than any of you and if it is him I don't think he plans on doing anything," I said as I thought over Rick's personality.

"What makes you say that?" Lawrence asked, his hand still gripping mine.

"Rick doesn’t warn you. He beats you up and walks away. If it is him he's just doing it to mess with our minds. I'm not too worried about it to be honest." I said only telling a half truth.

"I guess if you're not worried about it then we shouldn't be either. But there’s no reason not to be cautious." Jake said and I felt him and Lou lay their hands over top of Lawrence's and mine.

On our way back to school I thought about what I had said to the guys. To say that I wasn't worried was only being partially truthful. I was worried that there may be some validity to the threats made against us but not as worried as one should be. It felt as if it was happening to someone else but not us, like the danger was far away.

"Penny for your thoughts." Jake asked as we navigated the hallways, I'd hardly taken notice of the fact that we were back at school.

“Which one?" I asked as we stopped at his locker.

"The one that's kept you quiet since we left the restaurant." He said as he raised my hand to his shoulder again.

I told him what I had been thinking about, but much to my disappointment he didn't have any insights.

"It's like you said Zeek, it’s not Rick's style to warn or threaten you; he just pounces. I honestly don't know what to think."

"I guess there isn't anything we can do but wait." I said as we took two lefts and a right turn, we were heading for gym.

"God why do they have to put gym right after lunch, I always feel sick after this class." Jake said grumpily as we walked.

I didn't say anything and we kept walking. I hated gym for the simple fact I couldn't participate in class. The only things I was able to do was run laps, Mr. James had given me permission to use the weight and exercise equipment but only with a spotter and since he normally had something in mind that involved the whole class that was out of the question.

Most classes while everyone played basketball or ran an obstacle course of some sort I would do sit-ups or push-ups, which got old fast.

"Come on class hurry up and get changed. I have some stuff I need to tell you." Mr. James shouted as we filed into the locker room.

"Well if it isn't the cripple and his seeing eye dog." Rick yelled as the locker room door swung shut behind us.

"Rick I'm not in the mood for your shit. Why don't you do the world a favor and jump in a lake with some cinder blocks tied to your legs." I said as I took off my glasses and pulled my gym clothes out of the bag Jake and I shared. It was weird for me to talk to Rick like that; usually that was Jake's department.

"Ahh the cripple finally grew some balls." Rick replied and the locker room went quiet.

"I mean it Rick, today isn't the day to mess with me," I said still surprised that I was going up against Rick.

"Oh and what are you going to do, hit me with your cane? I'd like to see you try." He said and I heard footsteps coming closer.

I straightened out my cane and brandished in front of me like a sword and was about to tell him to make another threat when the coach's voice rang through the locker room.

"Hurry up ladies; you do have a class to get to."

"We'll finish our chat later." Rick said as the locker room again became active as everyone scrambled to finish getting changed.

"Where in the hell did that come from?" Jakes asked as I pulled on my gym shorts and tee shirt.

"No earthly clue let’s just go to class." I said and Jake put my hand on his shoulder and led me out.

"Alright boys now that you're all finished changing I have some news for you. It seems the school board isn't satisfied with the little usage that the new weight room is receiving from the majority of the student body and has handed down a new policy. Starting next week half of each of the gym classes will be required to work out in the equipment room while the rest of the students participate in the regular class.
Now, since there are twelve of you I need you to partner up and let me know who's with whom so I can make sure that each of you have a spotter or partner. Also since I can't be in two places at once the Principal is going to bring in some college kid to supervise the weight room class. Now, this guy will be here on a semi-permanent intern-like basis but you will show him the same respect that you show me.

I need to know who you'll be partnering with by the end of the week so hurry up and figure out what you’re doing. Now you got twenty laps to do so get started."

"It's pretty cool about the new policy." Jake said as we ran our laps. Jake always ran right next to me and prompted me when I needed to turn or when I was getting too close to another student.

"Yea I'll finally be able to do something other than laps." I replied as we took a left turn.

Class went better than I thought it would. After we ran our laps the coach told us that we were going to have a competition.

He paired us up, all except Jake and me; he knew that Jake was the only one who would partner with me, and set us to doing push-ups, chin-ups, and sit-ups and the winner in each exercise would get to sit out during the next gym class. It wasn't much of a reward to most as pretty much everyone in our class enjoyed Mr. James’ lessons and competitions.

After class I was declared the winner of the sit-up competition, Jake won at chin-ups, and Rick had, unfortunately, surpassed everyone at pushups.

"Congratulations you three. You've won the option to sit out during the next class, but you still have to show up." He said as he patted each of us on the back in turn.

"Good going Zeek, you always kick ass at the sit-up competition." Several guys said as we filed back into the locker room.

"It's amazing that when I win at sit-ups everyone knows my name but when Rick has me up against a wall or locker they forget who I am." I said quietly to Jake as we stripped for the showers. This is what I really hated about Gym, even though the stalls were enclosed I still hated to get into them. Most of the time I just rolled on extra deodorant and some cologne and called it a day but today I had sweat too much for that to work.

"People always want to know a winner. When it comes down to it that’s the only reason they want to know you." Jake said as I raised my hand onto his shoulder.

As Jake lead me through the shower room to an empty stall we got plenty of jeers and comments.

What else can you expect when you both have towels wrapped around your waists and one of you has your hand on the other guy's shoulder?

"Why don't you fags get a fucking room?" Someone yelled as Jake guided me into a stall. Oddly enough it wasn't Rick who had shouted. I didn't recognize the voice, which was weird for me. I didn't make a response either; I just showered as fast as I could.

"You ready." Jake said from outside my stall as I wrapped my towel around my waist.

"Yea let’s go.” I said as I left the stall. The shower room was quiet so we must have been some of the last people there.

I could hear Rick's voice in the locker room so I got dressed as fast as I could, I don't know why but I had a really, really bad feeling.

As Jake and I were getting ready to leave someone pushed me against my chest, knocking me against a wall and away from Jake.

"Leave him the fuck alone Rick." Jake's enraged voice rang from somewhere in front of me.

There were a few shouts and the sound of fists and feet colliding with bodies followed by what sounded like someone being tossed against the wall.

"I told you once never to touch him again and I meant it you son of a bitch. You try it again and you'll need a fucking wheelchair." Jake's breathing was heavy and his voice was deep and labored.

"Let's go." He said as he raised my shaking hand to his equally shaky shoulder.

"What did you do? What happened?" I asked as he walked us through the hallways.

"Nothing, Rick started toward you so I tripped him from behind. He didn't like that too much. So he jumped me instead. After that we threw some punches and a couple of kicks. I ended up knocking him into a wall." Jake said still breathing heavily. He was walking strangely too; he was favoring his left side.

"You’re walking strangely, how hurt are you?" I asked and Jake slowed down a bit.

"I'm not hurt. I'm fine." He said and he staggered a little.

"No, your not. What’s wrong?" I said as I pulled my hand off his shoulder. I knew there were people around, I heard their voices but I didn't care about them.

"Look I'm fine. He landed a few good shots on my ribs, and I bit my lip, it’s a little bloody and I'm a bit sore. But I'm fine." He said as he raised my hand up to his face.

I had done this a thousand times so I knew every detail of Jake's face. It was easy for me to tell if there was a blemish and all I could find was that his lip was a little swollen.

"See? I told you. Now come on we have to get to class," he said as he grabbed my hand but instead of putting it on my shoulder he just held it, "Is this OK, Zeek?" He asked as we started walking.

At first it felt awkward as Jake and I walked through the hall. I didn't know if I was ready for this or not but as we walked it started to feel different. It felt normal, as if it wasn't any different than walking with my hand on his shoulder.

Another thing that surprised me was that no one seemed to mind. I couldn't see their faces but I could hear their voices and I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary, complaints about school, parents, and homework, if anyone cared I never heard a word of it.

"Mr. Madsen, are you alright?" Mr. Cleavy asked when we got to class.

"Oh I'm OK Mr. Cleavy. I slipped on a wet towel in the locker room and got introduced to a locker." Jake said as he steered me toward a seat then sat down behind me.

That was one thing you had to give Mr. Cleavy he actually seemed to care about his students.

"Very well Mr. Madsen. But if at anytime you feel as if you need to leave class please tell me." Mr. Cleavy said before starting his lecture on Romania.

Geography was an almost universally hated class by the student body, and I was among their ranks.

While most students could refer to a map or globe if they needed, I didn't have that luxury. I had to work twice as hard to remember what city is in which country, what country bordered which, their capital cities as well as their histories.

I tried to focus on the lecture but for some reason I kept feeling distracted, I had that prickly feeling on the back of my neck that made the hair stand on end. I must have rubbed my neck a thousand times but

I couldn't shake the feeling. I'd never felt watched before but that was exactly the feeling I got, it felt like there was someone sitting right in front of me staring at my face but I knew there wasn't. I didn't know what to do so I kept my head down and waited until class was over.

After class was over Mr. Cleavy asked Jake and me to wait for a minute so the two of us stood sentry near his desk until the rest of the class had left.

"May I ask if there is a problem with either one of you?" Mr. Cleavy asked quizzically.

"We're fine Mr. Cleavy. What makes you ask?" Jake asked in return.

"Mr. Madsen, you shuffle into the classroom holding your left side and with a fat lip. While you Mr. Manning you appeared very agitated and distracted during my lecture on Romania, I know it was a little dry but still...." Mr. Cleavy said, letting his sentence trail off.

"Mr. Cleavy I'm fine. Like I said, just a locker with an attitude...” Jake said and nudged me to speak up.

"Yea and I'm just worried about my Geography grade. You know me Mr. Cleavy; I have a head for numbers, not locations." I said doing my best to come up with something.

After a few minutes of thinking over our stories Cleavy told us we were free to go and if we needed to talk about anything to let him know.

* * *

"What’s wrong with you? You've been acting off ever since Geography?" I asked as we drove home.

"I don't know. It just felt like I was being watched. I know it sounds stupid but that’s what it felt like." I said as I fidgeted a little knowing we were almost home.

"Was it....was it because I started holding your hand?" I asked as we stopped at a traffic light.

"No, not at all. I admit it was a bit awkward at first but it's cool, I liked it." He said as he reached out and grabbed my hand.

"Then what do you think was the problem?” I asked as I steered us toward his house single handed.

"I don't know.” He said as he laid his head back against the headrest.

I didn't push the issue as we drove. I knew he didn't want to think about what was coming when we got back to his house or how he felt at school.

"Is mom's car in the drive?" He asked when I pulled into the drive way.

"Yea it is. You nervous?" I asked, unfastening my seatbelt.

"Is Rick Jenkins the biggest asshole alive?" was his answer.

"You have a point and speaking of Rick Jenkins I think it’s probably a good idea to stick to the locker story if your mom asks about my lip. She finds out it was me fighting with Rick and it could make this more difficult than necessary." I told him as we walked to the door.

"Mom, we're home!" Zeek yelled when we walked in.

"I'm in the kitchen boys and I made muffins!" She shouted back.

"Your mom can bake?" I asked as we dropped our bags by the door.

"She could when I was a kid but she hasn't in years." He said as I took his hand and pulled him toward the kitchen.

I pushed the kitchen door open to see Mrs. Manning dressed in a pair of Capri style pants and a plain white blouse. Over that she had on an apron with cows dancing around the bottom.

"Mom, what's going on?" Zeek asked as I pulled out a chair for him.

"Nothing honeys. Your father suggested I take the day off so I did." She said happily as she pulled a batch of muffins out of the oven.

"Mom, you haven't baked since I was ten." Zeek said with a confused look on his face.

"I know I just felt like dusting off my old apron and trying my hand." She said, putting a muffin and glass of milk in front of each of us.

Zeek and I ate our muffins in silence while Mrs. Manning bustled around the kitchen mixing, baking and talking about everything other than us.

"Mom, what are you doing? Dad said you wanted to talk to us today but so far you've not talked about anything but cooking since we got home." Zeek said exasperatedly.

"Well Zeek, what do you want me to say? You've made it obvious that the two of you are in love and intend to stay together no matter what. You boys are nearly eighteen and certainly able to make mature responsible decisions." She replied, turning and leaning back against the kitchen stove.

I couldn't gauge Mrs. Manning’s face. Her expression was completely blank but there was something off in her voice.

"That’s it? That’s all you're going to say," Zeek asked, his voice breaking with emotion;"This isn't a business deal that you're trying to close. This is me, my life. I want to know how you FEEL, what you THINK not some pseudo rationale speech." Zeek said and he sounded more hurt and scared then I had ever heard him.

He didn't wait for her to respond. He got up and walked awkwardly out of the kitchen. I looked quickly up at Mrs. Manning whose expression was still blank before rushing out of the kitchen and after Zeek.

I caught up with him in at the bottom of the stairs, how he had gotten there without knocking into anything... I put my hand on his shoulder and spun him around.

"Zeek, what was that all about?" I asked gripping his shoulder to keep him in place.

Zeek pushed his shades up and wiped his eyes as he spoke.

"I don't know, I just don't know. Just after hearing her last night and then all that just now. That’s not how she feels, that’s not what she thinks. I just... I don't know." He said and despite him wiping his eyes, the tears still streamed down his face.

I didn't know what to tell him. He knew his mom better than I did; I trusted that he knew when something was up with her.

"I don't know what to say Zeek. Something does seem off with her but we can't do anything about it. We just have to wait." Was all I could tell him.

"I know." he said as he pushed his shades back over his eyes." I guess we should go up and do our homework. It’s all I can think of." He said as he pushed past me, toward our backpacks.

"I have a better idea," I said grabbing his hand as he passed, "none of our work is due till later this week so let’s just go upstairs and relax, it’s been a long day."

Zeek thought over my offer and agreed with me. We grabbed our packs anyway and went upstairs, but tossed them by the door when we walked in.

"I'm going to change so you might want to turn around.”Zeek said jokingly as he walked around his bed to his dresser and pulled out an old t-shirt and big pair of shorts. He had to pull the string tight around his waist to keep them up because they had once been his dads.

I watched with a hint of longing as he stripped out of his school clothes, exposing his lean, tight body. My eyes trailed down his hairless torso to the pure white briefs he wore, bulging slightly in the front from the weight of his package.

"Hurry up with the clothes; you practically have me drooling over here." I said as I sat down on his computer chair with my back to him.

His only response was a smile as he put on his clothes and collapsed on the bed.

"Come lay down with me." He said as he rubbed the bed next to him.

I kicked off my shoes and socks and lay back next to my boyfriend. He laid his head on my chest and I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him close against me.

"You know that none of this matters Zeek. It doesn't matter if your dad supports us and your mom is indifferent.

Just like it doesn't matter what my folks say when I tell them when my dad gets home. All that matters is you and me and how we feel," I said and Zeek raised his head as if to meet my eyes, “I love you Zeek and I'm gonna take care of you no matter what any of them say or do."

Zeek didn't say anything. He took off his glasses and stared at me with his cobalt blue eyes. He couldn't see me, I knew that, but I swear there were times when he could see inside me.

Like some invisible force was guiding him he closed his eyes and leaned down and kissed me square on the lips.

"How do you do that?" I asked as he broke our kiss and lay back down on my chest.

"Do what?" He asked sounding a little confused.

"Find my lips without being able to see my face."

"I remember what your face looks like and when I get close enough I feel your breath. It’s pretty easy." He said as he slipped his hand under the front of my shirt.

Zeek’s fingers ran up and down the treasure trail on my stomach, which was actually pretty relaxing.

I was almost asleep when someone knocked on Zeek's door.

"Come in." Zeek said, sitting up on the edge of the bed.

"Honey, I want to talk to you two, "Mrs. Manning said as she entered, "I'm sorry about what happened down in the kitchen. You're right about what I said, I wasn't being me. I had an entire discussion worked up in my head but when you boys came into the kitchen holding each other’s hands I just froze."

She said as she leaned back against the door.

"I know that you didn't expect this, mom but it doesn't change the fact that it's happening." Zeek said quietly.

I didn't know what to say or do. I was sitting up behind Zeek waiting for instructions.

"I know its happening and I know that you boys are responsible and are aware of all the issues and dangers. I just can't help but be worried about you, both of you." She said looking from Zeek to me and back again.

"We're worried too Mom and so is Dad. But it’s like you said when the doctors first told us about my eyes. You told me that worrying was natural but you couldn't let it take over." Zeek said only giving her a fraction of the speech. I remembered the full one; I was there when she gave it.

"When did you become so grown up?" She said as she sat down next to Zeek.

"I don't know. I guess it just happened.” He said as her mom pulled both of us into a hug.

I still didn't know what to do or say so I just wrapped my arms around the two of them and waited.

"Oh Jake, I'm sorry. I said some things yesterday after you boys came upstairs that were absolutely shameful and untrue. Can you forgive me?” She asked turning in my direction.

"Of course I can. I understand how you must have felt." I said trying to put myself in her place.

"Well, I'm going to run to the store." She said as she got up and walked to the door.

"That’s it; you're leaving us here, alone?" Zeek asked in mock disbelief.

"Your father told me about your conversation last night and although it will take some getting used to I admit that I trust you to behave in a responsible manner." She said with a devious smile before leaving.

Zeek sat quietly on the bed until he heard the sound of his mom's car pulling out of the driveway.

After asking me to look out the window to make sure she was gone he practically exploded.

He started shouting, jumping and laughing.

"It's alright, they're OK; they’re both OK with it." He said as I grabbed him around the waist.

"That’s right babe, two down and two to go." I managed to get out between quick playful kisses.

"It'll be alright, your parents are the easiest going people in the world.” He said as he fell backward into my arms and onto the bed.

I didn't want to talk about my parents but seeing him stretched out on the bed reminded me of something I did want.

"You know the store your mom goes to is about a mile and a half away and she'll probably take awhile. We could have some fun before she gets home." I said as I lay down next to him, sliding my hand up the front of his shirt.

"What did you have in mind?" He asked as his hand found the button of my jeans.

I whispered my plans in his ear. We didn't have long before his mom got home but I intended on making the most of it.

TO BE CONTINUED…..

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

As always I want to give a big thanks to Rush for her work in editing. I’ll have the next one to you soon as I can. I’d love to hear what you think so feel free to let me know, good or bad. Drop me an email at allenarcane88@yahoo.com, PM me or leave a review. I read and respond to everything.

Copyright © 2011 NightOwl88; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A delightful chapter. And I'm glad to see his mom come around. And they didn't even have to talk about Aaron.

 

I'm enjoying this like I do ALL your stories. And THIS one's completed! So no annual wait period!

Link to comment

Nice to see Zeek's mom figure out the right way to approach her son, and Jake. Not at all comfortable with the harassment that continues. The boys may not be out at school, but they might as well be, for all the grief that appears to be in the offing. Great chapter.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..