Jump to content
    NightOwl88
  • Author
  • 3,750 Words
  • 6,523 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lovers Blind - 4. Outings

Disclaimer: This story includes sexual and romantic situations between consenting individuals. Any allusion to illicit or illegal activity, sexual or otherwise, is used only for enhancement of the story line and not promotion thereof. Remember AIDS, HIV and other STDs are a very real threat, please always practice safe sex.

I can prove copyright on this story so please don't copy or remove this story for personal use without my permission.
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Lovers Blind 04: Outings

"So, who do you think was in that car last night?" Zeek asked me as I cooked a quick breakfast before we left for school.

"I don't know. But whoever it was I bet they were having a good time." I laughed as I flipped eggs.

"Yea I bet. What time is it?" Zeek asked as he got up and navigated his way through the kitchen to the fridge.

As I watched him I had to master the urge to walk over and help him. If us being together was going to work out then I had to remember he was independent.

"Six-forty-five, that will give us a half an hour to eat and fifteen minutes to get to school." I said I as loaded up two plates with eggs, bacon, and a piece of buttered toast

"Cool. You want milk, grape juice or orange juice?" Zeek asked as he opened the fridge.

"Grape juice sounds good." I replied setting the plates down and getting two glasses out of the cabinet.

Zeek reached into the fridge and felt along the tops of the jugs on the right side of the fridge.

"How do you know which is which?" I asked as he pulled out the half-gallon of grape juice.

"Look at the cap." He said as he carefully felt around the rim of one of the glasses and poured the juice.

I looked at the cap and on the top was three raised bumps shaped like a triangle.

"Do your parents do this?" I asked as I slipped the lid back into his hand.

"Yea. Triangle for grape juice, Square for milk, and a single dot for Orange Juice." He said as he guided his way back to the table

"That’s really cool." I said as I started to eat.

"What’s the set up?" He asked as he picked up his fork.

"Oh, eggs at six, bacon at twelve, and toast at three." I replied coordinating his food by the clock.

We didn't talk much more as we ate. On the way to school though I started to get antsy; Zeek and I hadn't talked about how we were going to handle things at school.

I knew acting normally would probably be the best option, at least for Zeek; he was already the butt of a lot of jokes and the target of pranks because he couldn't see it going on and I didn't want to give people more ammunition.

* * *

I knew something was wrong, I could feel how nervous he was getting. Every few seconds he would shift around in his seat and tap his fingers nervously against the wheel every time we stopped.

"We need to talk...” I said as he turned off the car once we were parked at school.

"We don't have much time." He replied anxiously.

"I'll make it fast then," I said as I reached out to find and take hold of his hand, "You've been getting more and more nervous ever since we left the house. I want to know why."

"Don't know what you're talking about..." He tried to sound convincing but his voice was shaking a bit.

"You've been twisting and turning in your seat, taping your fingers on the steering wheel and you haven't said a word since breakfast. You're nervous, now talk to me." I said as I squeezed his hand.

"I've just been trying to think of the best way for us to act at school. I mean...we are together now, right?" He asked uncertainly.

"You know we are," I said with another squeeze to his hand, "I think we should just play it by ear. I know what a lot of the other students think about us anyway.”

"You do?" Jake asked with a little astonishment in his voice.

"I'm Blind not Deaf." I said, hoping to lighten his mood.

"I know. I just hoped you didn't know what people thought about us." Jake said sadly as he squeezed my hand.

"I don't care what people think or say, except you of course." I said raising my hand to find his face.

Jake took my wandering hand and rested it against his cheek, running my thumb along his skin I could feel soft peach fuzz hairs starting to sprout along his jaw.

"You'll need to start shaving soon." I whispered as I moved closer, wanting Jake to kiss me.

I felt Jake's lips on mine and the weight of his hand on the back of my neck. Ignoring the warning bell for classes to start I leaned closer to Jake and yielded to the gentle pressure that he was applying to my lower lip with his tongue.

"We need to go, we'll be late.” I said as I reluctantly pulled away from his kiss a few minutes later.

"I don't want to let you go. I want to keep you here where it's safe." He whispered as he laid his head against me chest.

To say I was lost was an understatement. I had never comforted Jake before, never held him as a protector. He always comforted and protected me. Now it was my turn. I wrapped my arms around him and held him close, trying to think of how to comfort him.

"I know you want us to be safe, but we can't hide from the world in your car; it just won't work.

We just have to be careful and watch our backs. At least for a little while." I said quietly, hoping some of what I said had helped.

"What do you mean for a little while?" He asked as he rose up from my chest.

"I mean, one day soon I am going to walk into that school holding your hand, not your shoulder."

I said tracing my way up his arms and letting my hand rest on his neck.

"That'll be dangerous, especially with Rick and his goons after us." Jake commented, sounding excited and scared at the same time.

"I know. But we will keep each other safe, you'll see them coming and I'll feel it, plus I think

Striklin, Lawrence and Lou have taken a liking to us.” I said with a smile and I felt him put his forehead against mine.

"You're right; I can't shield us from the world, no matter how much I want to keep you safe." Jake said and his nose touched mine.

"You're going to kiss me again aren't you?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"I can't help it, you’re irresistible." He replied before I felt his lips.

We kissed for about five minutes, till a loud knock on the window shocked us out of it.

* * *

"I know we have to find them Lou but where do we look?" I asked verbally while signing to Lou.

"I have no clue. All Striklin said was that they didn't show up in English but he knows that they were coming here because he had talked to Jake's mom." Lou signed back to me as we hunted the parking lot for Jake's car.

"I swear if Jenkins or his goons got to them, I'll kill them." I said without signing. Not that it mattered; Lou was a mute not deaf. A little known secret of his that only I and a few others know.

"I'm worried Lawrence," Lou signed quickly, "According to Striklin it’s not like them to miss or be late to a class unless Zeek gets hurt." He finished. His hands were shaking so badly it was hard for him to sign.

I put my hands on Lou's shoulders and ran my thumbs up and down the sides of his neck.

"We'll find them Lou, I promise." I said verbally before leaning in to kiss him lightly on the lips.

"Let’s check near the football field, that’s where Jake parked before." Lou signed as our kiss broke apart.

I let Lou take the lead, I could understand his determination to find Jake and Zeek and make sure they were safe. The two of them reminded him of us, they did the same thing for me.

Jake reminded me a lot of myself, the way he stood up to Rick's gang by himself; he was willing to take on three guys to defend his friend. I would do the same for Lou, then again he was the love of my life, the only real reason I got up in the morning was to see him, I'd wondered once or twice since we met them if Jake and Zeek had similar feelings for each other.

We were looking through the student parking lot near the football field when I spotted Jakes car so I whistled loudly to Lou who had gone in another direction before winding my way through the cars to them.

The sight of them making out in the front seat stopped me in my tracks, I had to stop Lou's head long rush toward the car in order to point out the finer points in the situation.

Lou's look of surprise at my outstretched arm hitting his chest was quickly replaced by a smile once he saw the position the boys were in.

"What do we do," He signed to me still smiling, "We need to get them to class or Striklin will kill us, but I hate to break up such a cute scene." He signed in an after thought.

"I know. I wouldn't mind letting them finish this off but we know as well as anyone how it is when you're with someone you really care about." I signed back as I took a quick look at the boys to see if there was any chance of them slowing down any time soon.

There wasn’t.

"We don't have any choice. They have already missed most their English class, and Striklin is stressing like hell. We have to interrupt them." Lou signed; Always the practical one my Louis.

"You do it." I signed and Lou gave me the finger but walked off toward the car anyway.

* * *

"Who is it?" Zeek asked me in a total panic.

"It's Lou and Lawrence. Keep your cool." I said although I myself was far from feeling cool.

I got out of the car and stared at the two of them for a minute before I went around to help Zeek.

Neither of them made any move to stop me or even to say anything, just watched.

"Lou wants me to tell you that we're sorry about having to interrupt you two but you've missed most of your English class and Principal Striklin was getting worried." Lawrence translated Lou's sign for us, though I really didn't need him to.

Both of us were too scared to say anything, all we could manage was a silent nod as we stood next to each other.

"Lou, will you take Zeek up to Striklin's office. Tell him the boys had car trouble and I'm helping

Jake with it and that we'll be there in a minute." Lawrence said without signing.

As Lou moved toward Zeek I immediately stepped in front of him, blocking his path.

Lou hesitated for a second before stepping back a few spaces and signing to me.

"Don't worry, I promise I'm not going to try and hurt him. I don't know what Lawrence is up to but all I'm doing is exactly what he said, I swear."

"It’s OK, I'll see you soon, I promise." I told Zeek as I stepped aside and let Lou take him by the shoulder.

"OK.” He replied sill in shock.

"You know there are better, and more private make out spots in this place then a parking lot." Lawrence said as he leaned against my car and motioned for me to come over.

I didn't say anything; I didn't know what to say.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Just warn you. Next time you guys feel like having a little fun use the bathroom near the music room, or the broom closet near the library." Lawrence said with a smile.

"How do you know all those places, and how did Lou know what you said, you didn't sign?"

I asked curiously.

"I've used them a few times, and Lou’s not Deaf like most people think, he's a Mute. He can hear just not speak." He replied staring at the retreating figures of Lou and Zeek.

"Who did you use the rooms with?" I asked my tongue getting ahead of my brain.

"That’s classified information my friend, I could tell you but I'd have to kill you. At least until I talk to them first." Lawrence said smiling before walking towards the school

* * *

I was sitting outside Striklin's office with Lou waiting for Lawrence to get there with Jake. We had

given Striklin the excuse Lawrence had come up and though he seemed to buy he still wanted to talk to the others.

Lou took hold of my arm and traced letters across my forearm with his finger, it was the only way we could talk since he couldn't speak and I couldn't see him sign.

"How long have you two been together?" He asked.

"Only since last night" I said in a low voice. He had already told me he was Mute and could hear.

"You should be more careful, next time it may be someone that is less than friendly." He wrote onto my arm.

“I know, it wasn’t planned, it just happened." I said again.

"You guys are a cute couple. I guess we are more alike than I figured." He wrote carefully.

"You mean you're..." I stopped not wanting to say the word as I didn't know how people were in the room.

"Yes I am, I have my love too, but I can't tell you who." He wrote on to my arm.

"I can understand that. You can't tell me with betraying their trust." I said again in a very low voice.

"Exactly, I am glad you understand. It shows me that I can trust you. I hope to be able to introduce you guys soon." He wrote carefully so I could decipher the words.

"I'd like that." I said griping his arm.

"The guys are here." He wrote so quickly that I barely understood it.

"Are you OK, what did Striklin say, did he buy it?" Jake asked me as he pulled me to my feet.

"Calm down. I'm fine. Lou and I have been talking. Striklin bought the story but he wants to talk to you and Lawrence."

"What did you guys tell him?" I heard Lawrence ask but I didn't know who he was addressing.

There was a short silence before anyone spoke again.

"OK, Lou says all they told him was that you had car trouble. They didn't go into detail just in case we didn't have a chance to talk to them before we talked to Striklin." Lawrence said with a kind of relief in his voice.

"So what should we tell him?" Jake asked quickly.

"Lou says we should tell him one of the battery cables came loose and caused the car to die.” Lawrence said translating for Lou.

"Sounds good to me." I said and I felt someone pull me back down on the chair.

"You guys wait while we talk to Striklin." Jake said before walking off with Lawrence. I think.

* * *

"You think we should tell them about us?" Lou asked as we sat in the back of the library during our free period.

"I don't see why not. I think it would be cool to have another couple to talk to." I replied looking around to make sure no one else could see the sign.

"Maybe a double-date sometime?" Lou asked looking excited.

"Slow down big guy. We don't even know if they are out. And even if they are we're not." I signed.

I hated to burst his bubble but I was always the one to be careful or cautious.

"Maybe we should think about it. We only have this year and senior year left." Lou signed and I was afraid of opening up an old issue. We had been at this ever since we hooked up when we were thirteen, Lou wanted to be open about everything but I was afraid to. My older cousin had been beat up by a bunch of guys when he came out, he was wheelchair bound. He ended up killing himself when he was twenty-five.

"Maybe you're right." I signed before I realized what I was doing.

"You really mean it?" Lou asked excitement all over his face.

I thought about for a few minutes before answering. I knew he was right we would have to do it eventually.

"Of course I do. Anything to make you happy."

"I don't want you to do it just to make me happy Lawrence; I want you to because you want to too.”

Lou signed his excitement being replaced with a stern look.

"I don’t really want to, I mean I am still afraid about doing it but I am getting tired of hiding and sneaking. I want to be able to love you openly." I signed hoping to convey my sincerity to him.

"I love you Lawrence." He signed to me and I could see the tears in his eyes.

"I love you too, Lou, "I signed and wiped away the tears I saw fall," We can tell Jake and Zeek after school." I added as an afterthought.

* * *

"Why do they want us to meet them here?" Zeek asked as we sat on the bleachers of the football field.

"Not sure. They just said to meet them here after school." I replied as I thought back on when we bumped into Lou and Lawrence in the hall after Math.

"Well I guess it must be important or else they wouldn't have asked." Zeek commented as he pulled out a Braille page from his backpack.

"Yea but what could be so important that they wanted to meet in private?" I asked still trying to figure it out.

"Don't worry about it. They didn't sound stressed when they talked to us so I don't think it is anything bad." Zeek said sounding very sure. I learned long ago not to doubt Zeek's words when it came to listening to people voice's he was a master at it.

"Here they come." I said as I watched them walk into the other side of the field.

"Hey guys, follow us, we want to talk to you but not here." Lawrence said as he came closer.

"Where to then?" Zeek asked putting the paper back in his bag and standing up.

"My car is parked outside the field. We can talk there." Lawrence answered and I grabbed Zeek’s hand and guided him as we walked to Lawrence's car

"So, what is it you guys wanted to talk to us about?" Zeek asked as he leaned up against Lawrence's car, which looked vaguely familiar.

"Well Zeek, I know Lou told you he was gay today and Jake I told you about a few choice make out spots here in the school and you asked me how I knew about them." Lawrence said but I was only half listening, I was still trying to figure out where I had seen his car before.

"I knew about them because I've used them, with Lou." Lawrence said very nervously. And that’s when it hit me.

"It was you guys, last night at the ridge!" I said turning to see Lou and Lawrence hand in hand and Zeek with a strange mix of happiness, confusion and amusement on his face.

"Yea it was. How did you know we were there?" Lou signed to me and Lawrence translated for Zeek.

"We go there when a big storm comes into town. We were there last night; you two were parked in our normal look out spot." I said signing and speaking at the same time.

Both Lou and Lawrence blushed and looked slightly embarrassed.

"Last night is also when Jake and I became a couple. We told one another how we felt about each other." Zeek chimed in at a grasp for a voice in the conversation.

"Talk about your romantic settings." Lawrence said with a laugh.

"For us it is. Zeek can sense the storms when they come in so I take him there to get closer, and now it has special meaning for me too." I said as I walked up next to Zeek and grasped his hand.

"That’s the first place Lawrence and I kissed." Lou signed and I relayed what he said to Zeek.

"We're all going to have to hang out sometime soon and get to know each other better." Zeek said with a wide smile on his face.

"Absolutely, how about the Shack tomorrow after school?" Lawrence asked with a relived look on his face.

The Shack was a dive of a restaurant down town in the historical section. It was a small place and only got a lot of business during the morning and afternoon rush hours; the perfect place for us to be able to talk freely.

We agreed to meet the guys after school then took off for my car.

On our way I thought I heard some rustling in the bushes near where we were talking to Lou and

Lawrence but I didn't think too much of it. Probably just a squirrel.

To be continued........
********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Well I hope yall enjoyed the first chapter. As always I want to give a big thanks to Rush for her work in editing. I’ll have the next one to you soon as I can. I’d love to hear what you think so feel free to let me know, good or bad. Drop me an email at allenarcane88@yahoo.com, PM me or leave a review. I read and respond to everything.

Copyright © 2011 NightOwl88; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The plot thickens. Its good that they have friends but I'd be nuts to think that was a squirrel.

Link to comment

Nice chapter. Thanks for the scene in which they can't help staying in the car. Too good. Yes, it sounds like someone's in the bushes, but really, these guys can handle it, can't they?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..