Jump to content
    northie
  • Author
  • 3,610 Words
  • 1,318 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Soul Music: Love Encountered - 13. Bed Times

Geoff wakes up, disorientated, the morning after the concert. That's soon solved, but it's the start of a day like no other for Geoff ...

Geoff's eyes suddenly snapped open. All his senses alert. What had woken him up? He listened for a moment. Silence. He couldn't be bothered to sit up and look around in the sort of half-light created by heavy curtains. Typical, he now felt wide awake. It'd taken him long enough to get to sleep in the first place. Concerts always did that to him. Whole segments of the bloody Walton, playing on a loop in his head. Wait … There was something else. The room was different. The bed …

Someone lying next to him – Tony, of course – stirred in his sleep. Really – how could he have forgotten that? His first night sharing a bed with his man? He'd actually slept quite well, given how nervous he'd been when they'd both got ready for bed. Geoff stared at the ceiling. Such a milestone in their relationship and it had sort of slipped his mind. Now he thought about it, being next to Tony felt both so right, and yet so weird. He'd never before shared a bed with anyone, let alone for a romantic reason. His boyfriend grunted, then turned over, throwing an outstretched arm over his stomach. Geoff froze. Should he move it, or not?

And now he needed the loo. Geoff wondered if he should risk not turning a light on. Probably not wise, even though it wasn't particularly dark. He felt around, using his free hand, trying to locate the switch for his bedside lamp. Finally, he found it and turned it on. Next to him, Tony carried on sleeping, presumably used to other people being in his bed. After watching him for a few seconds to make sure, Geoff carefully manoeuvred himself out of bed, leaving Tony's arm to fall back on the bed naturally. His attempts to move quietly around the room ended abruptly when he nearly tripped over his carelessly discarded shoes, and stubbed his toe on his overnight case.

“Owh … Fuck.”

Hand over mouth, Geoff stood rooted to the spot. Fuck, his big toe hurt. The buckle on the strap of his bag was large, square, and metal. He waited until he'd regained his balance, and made sure his eyes really had adjusted. His boyfriend apparently remained oblivious, apart from stirring slightly. Geoff allowed himself to breathe, then he gingerly padded out the door to the bathroom.


Once back in Tony's bedroom, Geoff stood by the curtained window and checked the time. Six-thirty. He was sorely tempted to get another hour or two's sleep. He didn't exactly feel rested, yet that was all they'd done – sleep. How much longer would Tony wait for him? His boyfriend deserved a full-on sexual partner now. Not sometime in the future. That worry was trumped by the lingering feeling he was trespassing by being there at all. It wouldn't hurt to get dressed and wait for Tony downstairs. Having a snooze on the sofa would be almost as good. Geoff let a sigh escape. He felt at home pretty much everywhere else in Tony's house, but not where he was at that moment. Why was that?

Geoff was bending down to retrieve some clean clothes out of his overnight bag when he heard stirring from the bed. As he stood up, it was followed by a sleepy greeting.

“Morning, love.” A yawn. “What time is it? It feels early.”

Geoff felt self-conscious, standing by the bed, clutching the clothes he was going to change into. “Err … quarter to seven?”

“God … early. For a Sunday, at least.”

Geoff looked across at his boyfriend who was stretching himself lazily. After a few seconds, Tony lay back down, sprawled out on the sheet, and only partially covered by the duvet. Geoff found his eyes being drawn to his man's unclothed torso – Tony was only wearing sleep shorts which were covered over by the bedding. God, it was a sight to get any gay man going – firm, muscled chest with large, pink nipples, strong shoulders, and the hint of a treasure trail leading off down under the duvet. Geoff swallowed hard. Of course, he wouldn't look anything like that in bed, or anywhere else. Noticing his own stirrings down below, Geoff moved the clothes he was holding slightly so they became a more effective visual barrier.

Tony smiled at him. “Come back to bed, Geoff. Let's make the most of a lazy Sunday.”

“Err …” With one hand, Geoff hitched at his pajama bottoms, while with the other, he indicated to Tony the clean clothes he'd found.

“I was thinking of getting dressed …”

The wattage of Tony's smile increased, together with some extra added allure. He patted the sheet beside him without saying anything.

“Well … ehm … Perhaps I …”

Geoff's gaze wouldn't move away from Tony's flirtatious eyes. His boyfriend sent a kiss in his direction. Geoff's remaining resistance fell away. He put the clothes down, and returned to bed.


Tony greeted his boyfriend with a kiss.

“There – that's better. It's a post-concert Sunday. Nothing gets rushed.”

Looking sideways at his boyfriend as they lay together, Tony had trouble keeping a straight face. Geoff was there beside him, all his limbs carefully marshalled so they stayed on his half of the bed. Their joint duvet was drawn up high on his chest. Despite being back in bed, Geoff wasn't exactly looking relaxed. It was typical of his boyfriend in a new situation, defensive, ill-at-ease. Quiet. Geoff hadn't replied to what he'd just said. Instead, his companion was staring out at nothing in particular.

Tony rubbed his nose. He turned back to his partner.

“The sight of you lying there would be enough to get anyone going, you know.”

Geoff lowered his eyebrows in a frown. “Me? I'm nothing to look at. So many other men out there who look better than me. In all sorts of ways.”

“Where?”

“Magazines. The internet.”

“But not real life?”

His boyfriend shrugged.

“Oh, love, you know I find you sexy and so handsome. Almost irresistible in fact, with your beard, your lovely hair, and that body of yours – so solid and meaty.” A reassuring caress. “Perfect, sculpted abs don't turn me on. You do.”

His boyfriend blushed and stared down at the duvet cover. After a moment, Geoff looked towards him.

“Ehm … I … err, I find you so sexy, too, Tony. I was watching you earlier, and just doing that was getting me hard.”

“Good, I'm glad. But you didn't do anything about it … ” Gentle teasing.

“No … I …”

Tony noticed his boyfriend shift uneasily before he continued.

“I wanted to, but I didn't, as well. God, I'm a useless lump. Sometimes, like then, I wish I could let my dick do the talking, have it take over, but I can't let go. So utterly self-conscious.”

Geoff looked despondent. Tony felt his heart go out to him.

“Dearest Geoff, we'll get there. We really will. Being in bed makes it so much easier to have sexy fun and games, and we'll enjoy ourselves just as much as we have on the sofa. I love what you do me, what you make me feel. You know that already – my cock grows so quickly when your hand gets going on it … You're getting better all the time, love.”

He smiled. Then Tony crossed over the invisible barrier, turning onto his side and stretching his arm out to caress his man's tee-clad belly and chest. Geoff allowed him to fold back the duvet first, so he could gain access. A hesitant smile appeared which Tony approved of.

“You sleep OK?” Tony kept up the soothing, reassuring movements.

Geoff shrugged slightly. “So-so. It's always the same after a concert. The adrenalin always seems to hang around long after I've stopped needing it. You?”

Tony deliberately focussed his caresses in the region of Geoff's nipples for a minute or two. One of his hotspots, as they'd discovered. His boyfriend started to flush pink.

“My love, it was so wonderful to have someone in my bed. And to know that person was you? Amazing. It made me feel so content, but also, really horny.”

Geoff's flush deepened and spread as far down as the neckline of his tee. He looked away briefly.

“It was … strange, sharing. I turned over once, trying to get back to sleep, and there you were, all warm and still. But also so alive. The amount of heat coming off you was …” Geoff broke off in confusion.

Tony chuckled. He leaned over a bit more to give his man a kiss. “I'm not at all surprised. Having you next to me?” Tony gazed at Geoff with deep affection. “It's a miracle the sheets aren't scorched. You seen any black patches?”

Tony pretended to inspect the pale blue sheets for damage, lifting up the duvet to help in his quest. Geoff forgot where he was for long enough to start giggling at his boyfriend's antics.

“Well?” Tony paused for moment. “You're not helping much.” He pretended to frown.

Instead of replying, Geoff managed to control his giggling and held his arms out to his man. They met for a deep, loving kiss which went on for sometime.


Later the same day, the two men were about to sit down to a light lunch, when the doorbell rang. Tony was finishing off the prep for the green leaf salad. He looked round.

“We're not expecting anyone, are we?”

Geoff looked blank and shook his head.

“And I haven't ordered anything online recently. Hmm …” He thought for a moment. “Would you mind answering it, love? Give me a yell if you need me.”

Geoff got up from the table and hurried out of the kitchen. As he approached the front door, whoever it was had started ringing the bell again. When he opened up, Geoff saw an impatient-looking woman, her body partially obscured by a large, flamboyant bouquet of flowers.

“Hi. Interflora delivery. You Mr Marshall?”

Geoff didn't have time to reply before she continued.

“Sign here, please.” The woman held out one of the ubiquitous digital signature gadgets.

Geoff took it without comment and signed, deciding it was best not to cause problems. As he gave it back, the multi-coloured bouquet was thrust into his hands.

“Thanks. Enjoy the rest of your day!” With that, the woman ran down the short path to her van.

“Err … yeah.” Geoff's reply was redundant, but he was too busy staring at the large, cellophaned display of flowers. Who would've sent something like that? It wasn't Tony's birthday or anything. As he stared more closely at the packaging, Geoff noticed a small red envelope tucked in amongst the blooms. That was likely to give the answer.

As he closed the front door again, Tony poked his head out of the kitchen and saw the flowers.

His jaw dropped. “What the heck?”

Geoff held out the bouquet for inspection. “They're for you, Mr Marshall.”

“Really?” Tony's astonishment was clear.

“Yep. Got any secret admirers?” As soon as he'd said it, Geoff regretted opening his mouth.

Tony's expression had darkened considerably.

“Sorry. That fell rather flat, didn't it? … Ehm … Of course, you've got an admirer. Not exactly hidden, either. You OK?”

“Hnh … Let's see.”

Tony ripped open the decorated cellophane wrapping until he was able to reach the small envelope. He held it unopened for a moment before extracting the card and reading it in silence. Geoff looked on anxiously. Tony continued to stare at the card until he suddenly dropped the flowers on the floor and used both hands to rip the card up into shreds.

“They're only from fucking Stuart. 'Missed you loads. Time we got back together. Love, Stu.' Bastard!”

Geoff winced inwardly at the venom with which Tony quoted the greeting. He'd never seen his boyfriend so angry. Did that mean he really did have a rival in Tony's ex? Maybe Tony's anger was proof he didn't? He couldn't bear the thought of being separated from his beloved Tony. Geoff felt faintly sick. He'd be useless at seeing off rivals – never been any good at fights, real or verbal. Of course, Stuart was doubtless better looking than him, more personable, and sexually experienced. Weren't most people? But in amongst the black thoughts, a new voice started up.

Tony had chosen him, stuck with him. They made a good couple. They were in love. Their kissing, and Tony's sexy games were the stuff of dreams, as far as he was concerned. Geoff wished he could believe that voice, and not the other. He sniffed hard.

Ceasing to focus on himself for a second, Geoff noticed that Tony was looking at him with concern. Immediately, he tried to school his features into something more normal, though he suspected Tony wouldn't be fooled.

You OK?”

He wasn't. “Ehm …”

“Dearest Geoff, you have absolutely nothing to fear. From that toe rag, or anyone else. Come here, love.”

Tony advanced, holding his arms out, and Geoff was only too glad to be embraced and comforted.

When they separated, Tony bent down to retrieve the abandoned flowers. “I'll throw these in the bin, then we can have lunch. We'll talk more then.”

Despite everything else, Geoff liked the flowers – the rich, vibrant hues had a perfect foil in Tony's subdued, masculine colour scheme.

“Don't throw them away, please. They're lovely and ...”

Geoff's voice trailed off at the sight of Tony's raised eyebrows. But after a brief pause, he continued.

“It seems a shame to waste them, and the florist's hard work.” The presentation had been quite spectacular.

“OK …” His boyfriend sounded faintly mystified. “Here they are.” He handed them over. “Find a vase for them while I serve up lunch. If you like them, at least they'll have served some purpose other than simply pissing me off.”

Geoff gave him a quick kiss before they both returned to the kitchen.


The two men sat at the kitchen table, neither of them very interested in the food on their plates. Their conversation had been desultory and general – both too wrapped up in their separate thoughts. Geoff glanced over at Tony, who was using his fork to push the remains of his food round his plate. He was a picture of brooding discontent.

Geoff took a deep breath. “Ehm … Tony?”

His companion put his fork down.

“What are you … Sorry. What are we gonna do about your ex?” Geoff somehow didn't want to name Stuart.

Tony sighed. “That's what I've been wrestling with.” He smiled in apology. “Sorry, love, I've been acting as though you're invisible.”

“I'll survive.”

“I don't know whether to ignore it on the basis that Stu's a bloody attention seeker, or pay him a visit.”

“Oh … D'you know where he lives?”

“No, but it'd be easy enough to discover. From his social media accounts most likely. Stu's not one for employing privacy settings. That was something else we disagreed about.”

Geoff raised his eyebrows.

“Oh … It's ancient history, but he and his circle of friends were social media addicts long before most other people. I could never understand his compulsive need to post about everything we did, or didn't do. Our disagreements? Out there for all to see.”

Tony's lips thinned and his nostrils flared at the memory, before he tried to shake off his black mood with a shrug.

“Anyway, I'll have to give it some more thought. … Right, what are we gonna do for the rest of the day? I was thinking of having supper a little earlier, watching a film, then going to bed …” A smirk and a faux innocent expression.

“Yeah, that'd be a good idea for later on. Hopefully, I'll have a better night. Oh, and I'll need to go back to mine early tomorrow to sort myself out – rubbish collection and so on …” Geoff's voice trailed off.

Tony's smirk had broadened into a grin. Geoff hadn't realised what he'd missed.

“What?”

“Oh, love.” Chuckles.

“What?!” Geoff was now frowning.

“Dearest Geoff. By talking about going to bed, I'm not necessarily referring to us sleeping?”

“Oh …” Geoff turned his trademark scarlet. “I'm such an idiot sometimes.”

“No, you're not. I was just pulling your leg. OK?”

A slightly shame-faced nod.

“How about a walk this afternoon? The sun's shining. Not too far, then once again, we'll annoy the neighbours with my caterwauling.” That worked – his boyfriend was smiling.

“Yeah, why not?”

They both got up from the table and went in search of shoes and jackets.


At the film's closing credits, Tony found the remote to turn the TV off. Geoff was cuddled up next to him on the sofa.

“Bed?”

His boyfriend looked back at him, clearly apprehensive.

“My love, it's nothing to be afraid of. I'd like to have a chat – what you know about making love. Theory or practice.” His man was blushing again. However often it happened, it still seemed to have a direct connection to his cock. “I know I've said this before, but I don't want to assume anything. Hmm?” Tony gave a gentle squeeze of encouragement. “OK?”

Geoff managed a smile. “Yeah. You have the patience of a saint, you know.”

Tony chuckled wryly. “No. I don't. I really don't. Except perhaps with you, love. Then there'll be more time for some fun and sexy exploring.” He sat up. “OK … who's for the shower first? I'd suggest we have one together, but I don't think you're quite there yet, are you?”

Geoff squirmed a little. “Err … no, not yet, at least. But soon, perhaps? I think I'd like that very much.”

“Yeah? OK – I'll hold you to that.” Tony was encouraged. “How about you go first? I'll spend a few minutes tidying up in the kitchen.”

Geoff uncurled himself, stretched, and wandered off upstairs to the shower.


Geoff was slowly coming back down to Earth. Everything was still buzzing, he was panting, and he felt almost unbearably hot. He'd never experienced a climax anything quite like the one he'd just had.

“You OK, love? Enjoy that?”

As the voice penetrated the haze, Geoff tried to focus on it. What was his boyfriend asking? He attempted to find words to reply.

“Oh, god. … Wow.” The pleasure centres of his brain still held sway, and Geoff couldn't string two words together.

A kiss. A voice was speaking quietly into his ear.

“I'll go and get a washcloth, And a towel. Won't be a minute, love.”

The mattress shifted as his boyfriend got out of bed. Geoff could only lie there, for once his own bare torso on display, and strands of his cum splattered on his belly and further up.

Finally, his brain started to function again, though he was still breathing deeply. God, he'd never had so much pleasure from something so simple. His climax had felt like a minor explosion in his groin. Tony's skilled hands on his cock, working their miracles. It hadn't taken long, his climax. That was hardly a surpise, was it? As soon as Tony had started, his cock had become almost painfully stiff.

“There you go. The washcloth's nice and warm.”

Geoff stared at the striped square of towelling for a moment before he roused himself sufficiently to start cleaning up. All the evidence cleared away, Geoff lay back down. He was still feeling pretty wiped-out. Suddenly, everything felt cooler, and Geoff wondered what had happened to his tee. He needed it back. All thought of sitting up to look for it vanished when Tony turned to face him, raising himself up on his elbow. He leaned in for a deep kiss, and Geoff felt his boyfriend's free hand playing with his chest hair and treasure trail.

His cock couldn't be getting hard again already? Geoff tried to stop it. Finally, they separated, Tony smiling down at him.

“See? As I said, satisfaction was guaranteed.” Tony chuckled and gave his man another quick kiss.

Tony's eyes were still roaming over his body, drinking in the sights wherever they could. Geoff's euphoria continued to dissipate as his usual embarrassment threatened a return. He felt down past his arse and the top of his thighs, seeking his pajama bottoms. Now found, he grabbed hold of the material and dragged it back up to his waist, covering his deflated cock. Where was his tee?

“You cold, love?”

Geoff shook his head with reluctance. It was much cooler, but he wasn't cold. Just feeling exposed.

Tony started stroking his stomach with soft, soothing movements. “Dearest Geoff, I can hardly say how gorgeous you look. So sexy, and satisfied. And this …” Tony quickly ran his fingers through dark hair again. “This turns me on like crazy.”

Geoff flushed. Was he expected to …? “Err … shall I, err …”

“No, love. I'm fine.”

Geoff found that hard to believe. “But …”

“Seeing you experiencing such pleasure was enough reward for tonight. It's made me so happy.” Another kiss. “Right … I suppose we'd better actually get some sleep. I'll be in the bathroom for a few minutes, unless you need anything else?”

Geoff shook his head, then watched with love as his boyfriend got up again and walked to the door, his sleep shorts emphasising his fit, muscled body.

Would he sleep? Maybe. Already his mind was showing him replay after replay, but it was worth it. So, so worth it.

My long-suffering editor worked me especially hard on this one.
Please leave a comment if it grabbed you. Or not.
Copyright © 2017 northie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 5
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well, that was a big step  forward. I don't mind Geoff needing things to progress slowly, but I wish he wouldn't back-slide.

Tony can post on Stuart's wall: You're an idiot and a loser. I only kept the flowers because my boyfriend liked them. Public ridicule might turn his ex off.

  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Tony can post on Stuart's wall: You're an idiot and a loser. I only kept the flowers because my boyfriend liked them. Public ridicule might turn his ex off.

 

Perfect post! Tony can copy this, right? 

 

I enjoyed this chapter so much. Geoff’s incremental growth in confidence and love must have Tony anticipating a lovely ‘someday.’  In the meantime, T & G seem to be growing closer and closer as a pair, as people - not just sex partners. 

 

Hope Stu gets what he deserves, soon. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Geoff’s insecurity feels so close to, yet even worse than, my own. In my case, my body shame kicks in with people I’m less intimate with than boyfriends and best friends. I would never be attracted to me*, but that’s the point, someone else was and that’s what was important – it’s too bad Geoff is having so much difficulty realizing that!  ;-)

 

 

* I really don’t get the narcissistic pairings where two people look so similar that they could be twins when they’re unrelated genetically.  ;-)

Link to comment
On 19/01/2018 at 4:08 PM, Timothy M. said:

Well, that was a big step  forward. I don't mind Geoff needing things to progress slowly, but I wish he wouldn't back-slide.

Tony can post on Stuart's wall: You're an idiot and a loser. I only kept the flowers because my boyfriend liked them. Public ridicule might turn his ex off.

Backslide, as in? Geoff's embarrassment isn't going to evaporate overnight. That's just him. Love your social media advice. Now, will Tony take it?  ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 19/01/2018 at 6:25 PM, Parker Owens said:

I enjoyed this chapter so much

Thank you. :*)  You had to work hard enough to get it ...  :rolleyes: As for Stu? Watch this space.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
23 hours ago, droughtquake said:

Geoff’s insecurity feels so close to, yet even worse than, my own. In my case, my body shame kicks in with people I’m less intimate with than boyfriends and best friends. I would never be attracted to me*, but that’s the point, someone else was and that’s what was important – it’s too bad Geoff is having so much difficulty realizing that!  ;-)

Yes, Geoff does have trouble with that, but he's improving. Slowly.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, northie said:

Backslide, as in? Geoff's embarrassment isn't going to evaporate overnight. That's just him. Love your social media advice. Now, will Tony take it?  ;)

 

As in returning doubts about being good enough for Tony, including how his body looks. @droughtquake had a good point about shedding body shame with your partner.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
40 minutes ago, Puppilull said:

They are so sweet together! Slowly working through Geoff's issues. Very nice!

Thanks, Puppi. I'm glad the chapter found favour.  ;)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..