Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Guardian - 8. Chapter 8

Gabriel sticks to his plan, and learns something much more worth a meaning

//EDITED\\

Orion gazed down at Gabriel, the boy having been tossing and turning in his sleep where he continued to get smacked and hit by him to the point where he couldn’t take it anymore and just stood up. He paced around the bed to see the boy wrestle with his thoughts. What exactly was he dreaming about that was causing his body to wrestle around. Feeling sleep eat away at his eye lids, Orion gave a much needed yawn, his arms stretching above his head. He was tired but, with the restlessness that the boy was giving off, was not going to be allowed much sleep to happen. So while waiting until the boy was more relaxed, Orion left the barn to do a small and short hunt of his own. Jumping from the platform he watched his pack sleep peacefully. Quietly he made his way out and into the woods nearby. Not far away, his beta was stalking after him. Sensing him close by, Orion rolled his eyes and spoke.

“I thought you’d be sleeping by now Trent.” Trent, a few inches shorter than Orion and thinner in muscle, came to stand by him. His brown curled hair hung loosely in his brown eyes.

“As I was thinking you would be too. The Jarkla…he’s full of raging emotions.” Though Orion could hear Trent’s silent worry, he only gave a soft snort to his beta.

“Yes I know. I don’t believe he’s accustomed yet. However, I need you to send off some of your scouts to find his current guardian.”

“To make sure he’s dead?” Trent questioned him, watching his alpha yawn loudly, giving a soft shake of the head.

“No. To bring him here. I’ve promised him not to kill the guardian. He’ll dismiss him, and I’ll become his guardian.” Trent studied the older man before him

“You don’t want to kill him?” Orion smirked and turned his head back.

“No…Tristan is his name.” Trent’s lips curled in a smile.

“Ahh, Gareth’s son, of the Island Pack.” Orion gave a chuckle and turned his attention back at the trees before him.

“You understand the plot here now don’t you Beta. We hold Tristan here, and Gareth will buckle beneath me in fear of his son being killed.” Trent went to his side, peeking around to stare at Orion’s face.

“But will you kill him, Alpha? Even after you promised?” Orion gave a snort.

“I promised I wouldn’t kill him, but he doesn’t know the rules that bind us werewolves. And I’d rather he didn’t. Tristan will fall under our rule. He breaks them, he dies.” Trent gave a wicked smirk to the male who reciprocated.

“You are full of malice Orion” The male gave a laugh.

“Am I?” Orion asked with a smirk. Both had given a laugh, Orion grabbing Trent and bringing him closer, pressed his lips against the other’s ear. “When I have him, our bonding will be incredible, and he shall never leave my side. The whole Northern Americas will be mine. He’s my key Trent. To absolute power.” The younger male gave a wicked smile again to the male, his voice becoming husky as he gave a soft and throaty purr to his alpha.

“I hope to always be at your side to aid you in your ruling, my alpha.” Orion gave a smile and softly petted Trent’s hair.

“Oh, I know you will, Beta. Now…join me in the night’s hunt and keep me…entertained.” He gave his own throaty purr, both men morphing, the night becoming theirs.

 

           


 

Tristan gave a soft groan, his eyes fluttering opened. He noticed the feline at his head, licking itself delicately and looking up to see the wolf’s eyes now opened. The cat smiled and scooted closer.

“Guardian...you are awake. Are you hungry?”” Tristan realized how hungry he was when the cat suggested it. His throat was unbelievably dry. How long had he been out?

“Y-yes” His throat burned and his ears flattened on his head. A dog with a bowl barely filled with water trotted over and placed it down.

“I can gather more for you, Guardian…a human will be by shortly to help us.” Tristan devoured the water between his dried lips. He licked it dry and rested himself slightly. He couldn’t remember anything. His eyes found the cat’s again, finding his voice he spoke.

“What happened?” he asked, the cat moving closer to the wolf.

“You have been out for about five days. The others that were here, your back was cracked...We shared our energy with you to get you back to the Jarkla.”

“Gabriel!” With a shock, the pain travelled all the way through his spine, causing Tristan to yelp in surprise when he tried to stand, worrying about his boy. “Where is he?! He must be alright!” Tristan exclaimed. A dog came around, a collar clasped around his neck.

“The Jarkla is fine, though he was taken by the others. He is with them.” Tristan frowned, knowing that Gabriel could be pushed into doing things he didn’t want. Remembering where he was, he knew who was in charge. He couldn’t take on Orion’s pack alone. But he didn’t want to see Gabriel scared into thinking he had to dismiss Tristan. He tried to stand and struggled slightly. His back was still throbbing in pain but he was slightly better.

“I must get home…”

“But the Jarkla – “Tristan interrupted him with a growl.

“He will be fine. I am still his guardian. But I cannot let him think about dismissing me. I must go to my pack to think on it.” The two glanced at each other and back at the wolf that, still in slight pain, began walking off. He had a lot of ground to cover to get back to his home in Washington. But deep inside he wondered what his father would think about him discarding the Jarkla with another pack. Tristan just hoped that Orion wouldn’t do the unbelievable and force his boy to do anything he didn’t want.

But that wasn’t the only thing he was thinking about. Tristan was worried and more concerned with Orion’s thirst for power and if it would drive him to take Gabriel as his own and doing the one thing that could force guardianship on the Jarkla. Mating. The thought of it made Tristan rush out of the city despite the pain that racked his body. He ignored the strays that followed him to the edge of the town then stopped and watched him disappear over the horizon. It would take four days to get back home without some rest. Knowing his condition, he knew he couldn’t last. His back was still painfully sore and his legs felt like jelly half the time during his trek. One thing was for sure, he was still thirsty and extremely weak from no food in his stomach. Finding a stream he drank his full. He regretted it a few hours later when he threw up half the contents of the water in his stomach. Morphing into his human self, he came across some clothes being air dried. Without anyone around, he grabbed what he needed and rushed off again. Donning the clothes, he figured that it’d be easier to travel without being bothered by other animals. Finding one of the main roads he began to travel, trying to avoid anyone who might stop him. In society, now a day, it paid off sometimes not having to worry with anyone stopping on main highways. Keeping to himself and his mind focused, he began to plot and plan how once again the Jarkla would be safe in his arms.

 


 

Gabriel felt a sharp piercing pain in his back when he woke up. Sitting up he rubbed his eyes and gave a soft yawn. His back was killing him and he gave a stretch, making some of his bones crack. He glanced around and didn’t see Orion anywhere. Standing, he got up to see everyone was awake and doing their normal business. He climbed down the ladder and noticed the pack slowly stopped to see him. He remembered when he first came in how their faces gleamed in worry and concern. But what he saw today was joy and smiling faces. Several of the pups, still in their wolf forms, run over to him, some stumbling. Smiling he picked one up and butted noses with it. As much as he thought about it last night, he didn’t want to leave this pack thinking that he abandoned them. But he couldn’t stay here; he didn’t want to be this Jarkla. Coming to a conclusion before he awoke in the meadow, he decided he would leave the moment he could. Since Orion was gone, this might have been a perfect time. But that went out the window when he saw from the corner of his eye Orion and the beta walk through. Still holding the puppy, thinking that he’d be safe from being grabbed by the alpha, he watched as he yawned and walked right by him. He felt a soft ruffle of the hair from the man’s large hand then nothing else. His eyes followed the figure up to the platform and then hearing the definite ‘thud’ of him falling on the bed, he figured Orion stayed up all night. He smiled; glad that today might be the day. But with the next phrase he heard, his plan went completely down the drain.

“I will be watching you today Jarkla.” He turned to see the other male, smaller of course than Orion but still towering over Gabriel. He gave a snort.

“Lovely…” he muttered. “Well I’m going to play with the puppies today,” Gabriel said in a rather defiant tone, making it seem that he didn’t need a babysitter. The other just raised a brow at the teen as he made his way to where the other puppies were and plopped his happy ass down. Feeling the eyes hard on his back, Gabriel just ignored them as he played with the puppies. Their soft licks kissed his cheeks and nibbled at his clothes. Gabriel hadn’t realized how dirty his clothes actually looked until now. The pajama pants and shirt he had worn were very much over due for clean clothes. But he didn’t want to get rid of them. He found himself frowning and the puppies stopped to watch the Jarkla. He wondered how Lance was doing and hoping that people didn’t think he’d just run off. A whimper pulled him out of his thoughts, looking down at a small toddler. Small gasps of joy sounded around them and the healer spoke.

“Oh look! Neil morphed!” Gabriel saw the toddler, his eyes bright lavender and staring at him. Suddenly his stomach dropped. The features, the eyes, the innocent look. This had to be her son. She had been pregnant, and she left her son. Something inside him made Gabriel’s hands reach out and take the boy, holding him tenderly in his arms and a sudden feel of belonging swarmed over his body. The child’s arms wrapped around his neck and liquid watered at his lids, falling down his cheeks.

The wolves watched the Jarkla, holding the child so softly. Trent moved up and gently jumped on the platform where Orion was completely passed out. He groaned inwardly, knowing that their nightly activates tired his alpha out even more. He sat on the edge, watching the boy as he continued playing with the puppies and toddler who gave a giggling cry and ran out of the barn, the Jarkla running after him. He didn’t bother following the boy when two other adults followed the group out. Glad to see him gone, he seemed off key. Was he the only one that felt no pull to the Jarkla? Giving a soft groan, he looked back to see Orion shift and roll over, grumbling in his sleep. He looked back at the ones below, coming from another make-shift door with the kill of the morning. He noticed it was another wild horse, the others starting quickly on skinning and cutting the meat. He gave a heavy sigh, resting his elbow on his leg and placing his chin in his hand. He wished he could join Orion in his bed but knew that Orion would go nuts if he did. Trent was a side piece of ass for Orion, and sadly Trent knew that. Maybe that’s what frustrated him so much. He couldn’t get the spot he thought he deserved, which was always by Orion’s side. He felt his fist clench and he stopped. Thinking about it too much would just ruin his mood. Jumping off, he figured he should just sleep and let the others worry about Gabriel. Besides, how hard was watching a Jarkla anyways?

Gabriel followed Neil and the other puppies as they led him to the woods nearby with the two following pup sitters. Gabriel was still deep in thought about the whole thing. The child’s eyes were purple and the features he held just reminded Gabriel of the past Jarkla who he hadn’t seen in the meadow after their fight during his restless sleep. The boy hadn’t spoken but he did giggle a lot. He watched him play with the others, stopping to look back at the two smaller females come up behind him to watch.

“…Where did Neil come from?” Gabriel asked them, the two looking at each other then back at him.

“He was found by Orion when he was just a babe, born and next to the dead body of his mother.” Gabriel’s stomach gave a soft heave and his attention went to the toddler as he tackled one of the pups.

“The mother...how did she die?” The girls behind him didn’t reply. Gabriel could feel the tension in the air as the silence ran on.

“Her arms were cut...it looked like she bled to death and birthed the child after. But he was born as a pup. We believe he’s half however.” Gabriel gave a slight tilt of his head. It seemed reasonable. She was human like him but it could have been possible that the pup was hers. He felt a tinge of regret. He shouldn’t have been so hard on her, and plus that, how could he call her back if he didn’t know her name? Cursing beneath his breath he started walking.

“Jarkla, where are you going?” one asked anxiously.

“To think...I’ll be back,” he called over his shoulder, leaving the two and finding a tree he could climb, pulling himself into the safety of a branch and sitting against the trunk, letting his legs hang over the side of the branch he sat on. Closing his eyes, he entered the meadow once more.

 

I was in the tree and easily jumped out to the tall grass that was beside it. Not really knowing what to call her, I just called her by what she was.

“Jarkla? Are you there!? Look I wanted to say I’m sorry. I didn’t mean the way I said it.” When nothing answered and I just heard the howling of the wind and the movement of the tall grass around I began walking through it as I frowned and tried again. “I am sorry. Please…I had a question. It’s important. It’s about this pup that the pack is watching” Again no answer, the wind becoming a bit more harsh. “Please I’m sorry!”I screamed out, on the verge of tears. I gasped when arms wrapped around my middle and a head rested between my shoulders.

“It’s ok,” she said in her soft whisper. “It’s Amaya by the way…my name.” I turned to look at her, her arms still holding me as I found myself returning the gesture.

“I am sorry. Look the way I said it…I...can’t help what I think but I guess I can still kinda understand why you did it. But...please tell me, were you pregnant?” I watched her smile fade and it turned upside down.

“I was…and I didn’t know either.” My brows creased and I looked at her strangely.

“How could you not know? Don’t pregnant girls get big bellies?” I questioned, getting a huff from her but her arms just tightened around my middle.

“I guess I was different. I had no idea I was pregnant. When I began to take my life after running from my last guardian, the pain that I began to feel made...everything go black. I had no idea what happened. Right before I left, I heard a soft whimpering sound but, the blood…it was so much and I was so tired….” I found myself frowning again. What if she would have known? Would she have taken her life? I looked at her and found her eyes staring at me. “He would have been mine…and his...” Her eyes shifted and I followed them to the male who stood away from us, not muscled but slightly on the heavy side. His long brown hair hung in his face and I felt her arms letting me go. “Our son lives…” I heard her mumble to her lover. I watched the smile emerge on the male’ slips and took in the features of his face. Now that I saw him, the son looked like him exactly. So Neil was the product of their love. He seemed active, moving toward us.

“The alpha...the one who ruined your life. Does he know?” She turned and it was like something clicked in her thoughts on what I was getting at.

“No…but he cannot learn that...he would kill him.” She said suddenly, her heart jumping to her throat. Her hands grabbed my shirt, holding on tightly. “You can’t let him learn about Neil!” she exclaimed.

“Give me his name then...I need it, and I won’t let anything happen to him I promise.”

“Scott. That’s his name,” she whispered. I pulled her hands from my shirt and held them in mine.

“Amaya, I promise I won’t let anyone hurt him…and...I really am sorry on what I said. But I will do what I said…I’ll take him with me but...I can’t stay. I don’t want this.” Amaya looked into my eyes.

“It will be hard...but I will always be here, whenever you need me.” Her smile was soft and I wished I saw that more often on others. I missed seeing others smile like that. “You should go…you are being watched,” she whispered, pushing and sending me back into the living.

 

When Gabriel opened his eyes, he glanced down to see one of the pup sitters staring up at him holding Neil.

“Jarkla, what are you doing?” she asked him as he maneuvered and jumped down.

“I was just thinking.” Neil reached out for Gabriel as the teen took the toddler from the female’s arms into his own.

“The hunt was successful. Are you hungry?” she asked him. Giving a shrug he shifted Neil on his hip and began walking.

“Sure…” The female wasn’t sure if she was receiving the cold shoulder or the boy just seemed out of it. Biting her lip gently, she followed him back to the barn.

More filler and slightly more plot and afflictions on this one.
2018, Carmen Lovett; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..