Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Guardian - 11. Chapter 11

Learn how Amaya ended her life and the secret behind Scott, the alpha of the Moon Pack

//EDITED\\

Scott rested in his large bed with several females curled around his body until his peace was interrupted by a smaller male, bowing deep.

“Alpha! A new Jarkla has been born.” Scott beamed up and smiled, shoving all the females away.

“Oh lovely! Do tell me about it my pet,” he purred, sitting on the edge of his bed and smirking at the other man who kept his body bowed. Scott had long dark black hair with hard gray eyes, his features sharp and pointed. His body however couldn’t even start to compare to Orion’s, but Scott made up for that with his speed.

“He’s 16 sir, and in the custody of Orion of the Prairie pack currently. News from the birds is that he already has a guardian.” Scott’s eyes dangerously narrowed and he was quickly on the man, making his gasp in fear as Scott sat on his chest, his hand encircling his throat.

“Orion? Ahh my dear, dear brother thinks he can take me on by getting the Jarkla does he? Oh now, now my pet you have excited me extremely. So listen very closely. I want you to go to my brother’s petty little pack, and destroy them. Kill them all, and leave my brother with nothing. Kill the guardian, whoever it is, and ensure you bring me the Jarkla. Got it?” The male whimpered beneath his alpha.

“T-there’s more news sire,” he managed to get out, Scott perking at it and leaning down, his lips close to his subordinate’s.

“Oh? Then stop holding out against me puppy, and tell me,” he practically growled.

“T-the past Jarkla, Amaya, she had a babe with War.” The words were soon regretted as a fist slammed into the wooden floor beside his head. His pupils completely constricted in shock, he stared up at the snarling face of Scott above him.

“What?! She had a pup with that incompetent FOOL!? Kill it! Kill it and bring me its god damn head!” He squeezed the throat of his follower who squirmed and cried out for release, getting it when Scott got up and the women around him cowered at his feet. Scott was completely angry. “How dare she do that…that little bitch. I’ll show her. I’ll show her I still own her life even in death.”

 


 

17 years and 5 days earlier.

 

Amaya gasped for air, running through the forest with the wolves chasing her from behind. She had to get away, but she felt herself being tackled hard to the ground. Her scream echoed in the sky.

“You dare run from me?! I’ll show you my pet! I’ll show you who owns you!” The snarling voice told her as her world went black in pain and agony as her body felt as if it was being torn in two. Terrified over what their alpha was doing, they watched in horror as he raped her, bonding her body to his. Swirls of bright blue crashed into the ground where their bodies lay and in her screams, her dark hazel eyes turned into a vivid and bright lavender, markings forming on her naked body and swirling around Scott, his large muzzle smiling as the swirls hugged his body, feeling the claim. Though the sight was beautiful, in reality, the pack around the two stood frowning in fear. Before them, their savior was being taken so roughly by their alpha. In the back, watching the swirls clash into the ground, War stood in his shifted form and gave a throatful howl of pain as he felt the bond between his wife and lover leave his body. Tears of blue ran from his eyes down his fur, as he fell to his knees and let his pain travel to the moon above him.

When morning came Scott had left Amaya lying in the fields naked and figured she would realize he owned her. She laid there, tears streamed down her face, the markings of blue on her body. Slowly, another female came over and pressed her hand on her head.

“Amaya.” Weakly the girl curled into a ball and cowered at her touch.

“Do not touch me…please,” she whispered, the female pulled her hand back, frowning

“I’m sorry…” Amaya’s lavender eyes looked at the woman who kneeled before her. Her eyes spitting poison.

“If you were sorry, you wouldn’t have let it happen. None of you would.”

 

"I spent the night in the field, alone and wishing that my husband, my lover was beside me. Scott had taken me from him, and when I needed my lover the most, he wasn’t around. A few days later, I left Scott when he wasn’t expecting it and found my husband, dying before me in his own pool of blood. I needed him to survive, I couldn’t let him die. I used everything I had, every power I could muster to save his life. To see his brown eyes look at mine, I felt complete. I cherished that night with him, not knowing that it would be my last one with him. Feeling his fur under my hand, petting him and letting him love me under our mother moon, I wished that he was mine again. I paid my price that following morning, Scott finding me alone next to the river. But he couldn’t beat me any more than he already had. When I went to do it again, to see my lover one more time a week from our last joining, Scott came before me. In horror I watched as he threw the head of my lover at my feet. His dull brown eyes staring at mine. My heart literally stopped that day, and I became dead the moment I saw Scott’s smile.”

 

Amaya ran through the forest, tired of dealing with Scott and his pack after they took her man away from her. Her heart ached more with each passing day and when the days merged into months, she couldn’t take it anymore. It was in the middle of the night and she had bolted without anyone knowing. She panted and slowed to a stop. She had been running for two days and wondered if Scott had realized she had run. Her legs dropping from beneath her, she pulled out her dagger and stared at its glimmering silver in the moonlight.

“War…” she whispered, placing the blade at the top of her arm, a sudden pain in her stomach caused her to gasp as she sliced herself. What was happening?! She took a guess as her jeans instantly became wet. She took them off, staring at the blood between her legs and, in shock, felt the blood leak from her arms. Had she been pregnant? Another contraction and she let out a scream, pushing with all her might as she fell back on the grass. The pain continued for hours as she pushed and felt her head growing lighter and lighter. When the relief was there, she panted and looked up, seeing a fluff ball between her legs. Her hand reached out to pet the wet fur but it fell short, her eyes closing and her body going limp. Her chest slowed and finally stopped.

Orion head had bolted up when he heard a piercing scream in the sky. Alone on his own hunt, he followed it and could smell the blood on the wind as it blew past his face. He followed it until he came to the scene of the woman with white dull lines over her body. Seeing the pup between her legs he picked it up and noticed it was barely alive. Acting quickly he cleaned the pup and cleared its passageways. The pup gave a healthy squeaking bark as Orion wrapped the little one in his shirt. Looking back at the mother, he checked her pulse and felt nothing. Frowning, he stood. He wasn’t sure what to do with the body so he left it, turning his back and heading home. As he left, swirls of several shades came down and Amaya’s body became soft light dust in a moment’s time, her body joining the moon in the sky. Miles away, a baby’s cry echoed in the hospital as the next Jarkla was born on the waxing moon.

 


 

Present

It had been several days now and Orion was continuing to get annoyed with the boy’s antics on keeping him away. While the pack prepared to leave, Gabriel spent most of his time with the pups and had even begun to bring Neil to the bed with him. Irritated beyond belief, Orion stayed on his best behavior, his pack mates getting a good chuckle at seeing the man flustered. There were good moments when he and Trent would go hunting and he could let out some frustration, both men not coming back until dawn or the following dusk on some days. But tonight Orion was fed up with Neil being in his bed with the teen. He stalked his way up, seeing Gabriel sitting and playing catch with the child in the bed, the toddler running and giggling as he climbed into the large bed. Gabriel looked over to see Orion and stood up quickly. Orion stalked straight to him and pointed at Neil.

“He sleeps in his own bed tonight.” Gabriel gave a snort to the man which seemed to make a vein pop on Orion’s neck.

“He likes sleeping with me.”

“And so do I. He sleeps in his own bed. End of discussion.”

“What are you my lover or something? Don’t answer that cause it’s a no. He stays.” The two glared at each other and Orion’s hand began to twitch.

“Don’t tempt me pup, he goes.” Gabriel folded his arms and continued to stare straight at him, not even daring to back down.

“Stays.”

“Goes!”

“Stays!” The resounding smack suddenly echoed in the barn and silence swept over everyone quickly. Gabriel’s cheek burned brightly with the hand mark on it. Orion’s arm was extended, the slight prickling feeling on the back of his hand from smacking the teen. Eyes of shock and wonder stared up at the platform from those who could see. Neil sat in the bed staring at the two, his eyes starting to water as he began to cry. Orion, realizing what he’d done, stared at the teen. His face was down and soft tears made their way from his eyes down his cheeks. His body was rigid and shook slightly. A pup sitter was quick to come up hearing Neil cry.

“Take the pup,” Orion grumbled out, the female quick to take the child away and back down to the others. In a blinding moment, Gabriel cried out and with all his strength actually took the alpha by surprise, causing him to fall off balance when he was pushed by the teen.

“Don’t fucking touch me! EVER!” he screamed at the adult, Orion was quick to retaliate as he grabbed the boy, instantly having to avoid attempted smacks and even his kicks. Twisting the boy around and pinning his arms to his chest he tried to still him. “Get off me! Just get off me!” Gabriel continued to cry out, Orion ignoring it as he picked the boy up with ease but soon regretted it when he started kicking. Not saying a word he shoved the boy in the bed. Gabriel wasn’t giving up at all, in a blinding rage he jumped back up and fought against Orion who only snorted and once again pinned the boy, using his body to hold him against the bed, snarling but quite surprised when Gabriel emitted his own. Orion wasn’t bothered until the moment he felt teeth on his arm. Giving an angered snarl he pulled his arm away and shoved his hand directly on the boy’s mouth, pinning the boy in a mercenary position.

“Stop it now!”At the voice, Gabriel stopped, his chest heaving from the exertion, his eyes red with anger and his body heated from the rush. His nostrils flared, incapable of moving his jaw since Orion held it firmly. “Just stop…” His voice was softer and he pulled his hand away, Gabriel staring at him in anger. Orion stayed like that for a bit longer before leaning back and letting Gabriel move. He did, and quickly. Gabriel jumped away from him and went straight to a corner. “Stop being a child” Orion told him, kneeling on the bed as he stared at the teen. Gabriel wrapped his arms around his legs, tears starting to stream down his face, turning his head away from the adult. No sound was heard in the barn when the moon began to raise more in the sky. Orion sat there and stared at the boy, hearing his soft sniffle and cries. He took in the shaking body and frowned at himself. He looked away to stare at his hand, seeing its size and remembering what he had done just minutes before. He had really hit him. Letting out a soft sigh, he stood and walked over to where the teen cowered. Gabriel heard him coming closer and plastered himself to the corner. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched Orion sit before him and reach out.

“Don’t touch me,” he choked out, wanting to hit himself at how pathetic he sounded. Orion pulled his hand and frowned.

“Gabriel…I’m sorry,” he said softly. Gabriel just tightened his body.

“Go away,” he muttered, Orion moving closer.

“No.”

“I said go away!” he screamed this time, looking up at Orion and meeting his dark eyes with his own. Orion saw the pain in his eyes and the mark on his cheek which was a darker shade now. He frowned deeper and reached out again, Gabriel flinching but he ignored it, rubbing his thumb gently on it. Gabriel’s eyes were locked on Orion’s expression until the man grabbed his arm and pulled the boy to him. Putting up a slight fight, Orion held him against him. Gabriel struggled until he felt a soft kiss on his hair.

“I am sorry….you just test me more than anyone I know,” he mumbled in the teen’s hair. Gabriel just gave a huffing sound as an answer. “I can’t make you happy can I?” he muttered again, his hold changing from possession to just a warm embrace, Gabriel even feeling the difference in the hug.

“It’s not that….I just…” Orion looked down at the boy, waiting for him to finish.

“Just what?”

“Terrified.” The whispered made Orion strain to hear.

“Of what?” he whispered, afraid that the teen would actually say he was terrified of him.

“Myself.”

hope you enjoyed that one, a bit off the main character and more of a filler this one.
2018, Carmen Lovett; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

your doing a great job with this characters, nothing seems inevitable and i like that. and yess i'm continuing to fall in love with Orion

Link to comment
On 11/05/2012 11:37 PM, Scarab said:
your doing a great job with this characters, nothing seems inevitable and i like that. and yess i'm continuing to fall in love with Orion
xD i do have to say, I'm proud of Orion's character.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..