Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Guardian - 9. Chapter 9

Some comdey, and Gabriel finally wipes Orion's smug expression from his face, and learns that the man can be very tempting.

//EDITED\\

Gabriel, for most of the day, spent time with the pups and Neil until Orion had woken up around dinner time. He at first was worrying when Gabriel was nowhere near the barn, but relief caught him when he found the teen near the small creek helping the babysitters bath the pups. Neil, who ended up loving the water, was giving the teen a hard time when he tried to get him out of the water.

“Neil come back here I have to dry you off!” Orion heard him exclaim, the boy stripped down to his boxers as he chased the nude toddler in the water. Orion gave a snort and smiled, walking over and catching the toddler by surprise as he grabbed the giggling squirt.

“Gotcha. I see you morphed. Good for you little man.” Orion’s eyes went to Gabriel who looked upset that Orion interfered but glad that the runt was caught. He held a towel out for the toddler. Orion placed the child in Gabriel’s arms, wrapping him in the towel.

“Thanks...” Gabriel mumbled, turning to walk back to the babysitters and helped with the others. Orion followed, seeing Gabriel’s clothes lying out.

“I should get you new clothes.” Orion found himself saying, getting the teen to look up at him. He noticed the shrug in the corner of his eye and looked back as he finished dressing the child and the babysitter began to lead the children back to the barn. Gabriel’s arm was grabbed by Orion, keeping the teen there. “Why don’t we take a swim?” Orion suggested, Gabriel looking at the man with concerned eyes. Orion saw the worry and let him go. “What? I won’t bite,” he smiled but Gabriel didn’t believe it. He grabbed his clothes and began to dress which just made Orion frown in irritation. He moved in front of the boy, grabbing the boy’s shirt before he could put it on, grabbing his attention. “Why don’t I take you into town and get you some new clothes?” he asked, trying to get some time in with the boy.

“How are you going to do that? Steal it?” Slightly upset with the boy’s reply, he gave a scoffing snort.

“No, I have money. In fact this is my land. So, why don’t we go get you some new clothes?” Gabriel with some effort had to pull the shirt from Orion’s hands. He let go with a blank face as he stared at the boy.

“Just me and you?” He heard the boy mutter questionably. Orion seemed rather confused with the comment.

“Yes. Who else?” he asked a bit louder, seeing the boy’s eyes leave his and follow the others back to the barn. He knew exactly what Gabriel was planning and stopped the thought process. “No one, that’s who. So put your shirt on, and I’m sure someone has jeans you can borrow.”

“What about shoes?”

“Sandals work. Come on, it’s getting close to dinner time and stores will be closing soon.” The teen gave a huff and Orion ignored it as he waited for Gabriel to start walking again. He followed the teen back to the barn.

Gabriel was more than irritated, he was hot and bothered as well, and not in the good way. Orion just wouldn’t let up and he slightly doubted he could even get away if things continued. It wasn’t Orion that seemed to be getting in the way most of the time though. Now the pup sitters kept a close eye on him because of the pups being around him. He figured it was their job and all but it got slightly irritating sometimes because if he went out of their view for a second they went into all out alarm searching for him. But now, it was something different. Orion was probably trying to be nice, and it was disturbing. The man’s towering shadow looming over his own just made his body tense and he actually found himself hustling to the barn. Hearing a chuckle behind him he just gave a snort and took off running. Smirking silently he stumbled just slightly when Orion was beside him.

“Is this a race now?” he heard the adult ask and he gave him a scowl and then looked forward. Sure, it was a race. He kicked off more and began to sprint. He was smirking until he noticed Orion beating him and gave a whine of protest. “Not impressing me yet little one.” He heard him say with that smug ass smirk on his face. He growled and pushed himself harder. He wanted to be a smug ass about it, fine; he would make him wish he hadn’t.

Truthfully, Orion didn’t like that little smirk on Gabriel’s face. The way the light was and as he lowered his eyes, he actually could even say that the Jarkla looked quiet evil. When the kid kicked off again, he had no issue keeping up but what took him completely by surprise was when his own cry of surprise echoed in the air and the ground came and met him hard on the face. The little runt had tripped him. Snarling and planting his hands on the ground, his nails digging into the dirt, he watched the teen disappear and heard the laughter that rang after. Oh, he was in for it now. Jumping up he bolted to catch up to the boy. He could see the head turn and the sudden fear when he tried to beat the man but Orion wasn’t going to let him go at all. Tackling him down without any damage to the boy, he snarled and smirked when Gabriel gave a cry and then proceeded to try to struggle out of his arms. Orion rested on his back holding Gabriel stiffly to his chest and laughed when the teen wiggled so roughly.

“Holy shit! You think you can not be any gentler!” He heard him exclaim as he gave a soft snort and held him tighter, perking up when he heard the boy squeak.

“Says the brat who tripped me.” He decided to comment back. He heard the scoffing huff and the boy stilled.

“Well you deserved it.”

“How?”

“For being all smug about beating me. I figured I had to put your face in the mud.” Orion gave an eye roll and gave another soft squeeze, getting another squeak from the boy who gave a whimper afterward in annoyance. “Stop that!”

“It’s cute though. Never heard someone squeak.”

Gabriel was irritated even more after being caught. Ok maybe it wasn’t that great of an idea to trip a werewolf who no doubt had no problem catching up to him. But now the man was beginning to annoy him since he squeezed him and he was holding him against his naked chest.

“I’m not cute damn it,” he said again. He felt Orion’s hand cover his mouth and thinking he had a chance to get out of his arms, he was sadly mistaken when Orion just held him tighter when he tried escaping.

“Never cussed before now…who have you been listening to.” Gabriel wanted to bite Orion’s hand, and was about to until he felt the man retract his hand. “No biting...I bite back.” The adult warned him. Gabriel gave another snort.

“I always heard people cuss, just never figured I would do it since I never really had many friends. Guess you just corrupted me cause I enjoy cussing at you,” he said in all honesty. Hoping that he’d annoyed Orion, who he guessed loved the fact he was able to hold him, he heard him sigh, feeling the dipping and rising chest when he did so.

“I see…you have strange mood swings you know that?” Gabriel was actually stumped by what he heard. He tried to turn and felt the grip around him tighten and just went limp again, staring up at the darkening sky.

“So?” he muttered. The grip around his body relaxed and he felt Orion rise to a sitting position, still holding him.

“Just pointing it out. Now, you want to trip me again? Or go get some clothes that will fit you.” Gabriel gave a loud and heavy sigh, his head turning with one eye open to the man who just raised his brow at him.

“I guess we could…” the teen muttered. He watched Orion’s lips curl to a smile and felt the arms release him.

“Good, come on then. Wasting time.” Orion had gotten up and began walking off, leaving Gabriel there sitting on the ground. The teen watched him and his eyes glazed over. It was just a game now. That’s all it was.

 


 

After the little trip to the town nearby, Gabriel had a few new pairs of jeans, new shirts and shoes. He was actually surprised that no one really commented on Orion’s height. The man towered over everyone there and people were assuming they were related, which bothered the teen to no end. But when they began to get too many stares, Orion was quick to usher Gabriel out of town and back into the haven of his property. As they walked back, Gabriel stopped. Orion was a few paces ahead but stopped when he heard that the teen stopped walking. He glanced back to look at him. Gabriel stared at him with a curious look.

“How come you don’t have a house?” Orion’s shoulders drooped.

“Because it burnt down.”

“Why don’t you rebuild it? And make things better.” He heard the boy ask, still standing a few paces away.

“Because we’re fine the way things are,” Orion said, a slight tone of irritation sounding in his answer. Gabriel moved closer and stared at him, really looking into the adult’s face, looking at his expressions and the slight gestures of his features.

“…Hmm...” Gabriel quickly looked away and began walking again, Orion’s brows furrowed together in confusion. He turned on his heel and caught up with him easily.

“What was that ’hmm’ about?” he questioned the teen. Gabriel gave a shrug.

“Just figured since you had money, why haven’t you taken the time to make a better living environment for your pack? And just how big is your pack?” Gabriel questioned him again; Orion felt like this would just lead to more and more questions. Shifting the bags on his shoulder he held up his finger before replying.

“Before I answer any of these, I’m limited your questions. Five questions, you’ve already asked two.” He watched Gabriel’s eyes roll and felt the hair on his neck and arms stand on end. No one rolled their eyes at him. But taking a breath and calming himself he ignored it. “Got it?” He heard the boy mutter something before he responded.

“Yeah I got it.”

“Good. Now, why I haven’t rebuilt is because the majority of the pack has survived in the wild and are not accustom to the way humans live, so I keep it simple. Second answer, I have about 20 or so adults and 11 pups, mostly orphans.” Gabriel turned to look at him, his face now staring ahead. So all together the pack was about 31 people, 33 including himself and Orion. His head turned back to the road as it turned off and they began their way down to the barn, slightly seeing it through the trees because of its red color.

“What happens if I can’t find Tristan?”

“You don’t want to know, next question and don’t push the third.” Gabriel had opened his mouth to push the issue but at Orion’s warning he shut his mouth. He had two more questions and figured he’d use the last two on Neil.

“How did you find Neil and why did you save him?” Gabriel saw Orion hesitate and wondered if he was actually making him think. While waiting for the answer, he noticed their walk was coming to an end.

“I’ll tell you when we get inside…” Gabriel was surprised to hear the softness in his voice but gave an affirmative nod. The pack welcomed them back openly and Gabriel smiled and gave goodnight hugs to all the pups. He stayed to tuck Neil in and noticed Orion was already up on the platform. Glancing up he saw him talking to the other man, Trent. He stared at the two, so close to each other as they whispered. Something in Gabriel’s gut told him that they had something going on.

Trent could see the irritation in Orion’s eyes and was quick to speak to him.

“Alpha how was your trip?” he asked, wanting to just get Orion to open up to him before the Jarkla came in. Orion grabbed his beta, their bodies close as he whispered to him softly, his eyes glued on Gabriel as he put the pups to sleep.

“What news do you have?” Trent gave a swallow, his lips next to Orion’s collar bone.

“Nothing to report sire. They haven’t seen anything.” He heard a soft but dangerous growl emit from Orion’s throat.

“Send out the scouts again. Find him. If you can’t find him within the week, I will have to take things into my own hands.” Trent looked up at Orion’s eyes, watching as they locked with Gabriel’s below.

“Would you really do that? You know the pack will frown on it.” Orion frowned and narrowed his eyes.

“I know…I’ll have to woo him then, make it so he starts it. I know they don’t like the thought of it happening Trent, but if we can’t find his guardian, before he’s 18 I have to break that bond and make my own.” Trent soon followed Orion’s gaze down to the Jarkla’s who stared at them both from the pup’s corner.

“I wish you luck then,” he mumbled. Orion gave a snort. Whether it would be luck or just coincidence, he would need it with Gabriel.

 

After the pups were sleeping, Gabriel made his way up to the platform where Orion was resting, the fur of a horse covering his lower half. Gabriel undressed out of his jeans and shirt and pulled on the pajama pants he had been caught in again. Orion watched him undress and dress again, then crawl into bed. He sat up and stared at the man. Orion hadn’t forgotten what he said as he patted the spot next to him, just to get the defiant teen to fold his arms and refuse to come closer. Deciding not to push it, he gave a sigh and just relaxed.

“I was doing my normal monthly marking when I came across Neil and his mother’s dead body. By the smell, she had only been dead for about an hour. Neil was struggling since he was just a pup and I bathed him clean and checked him for anything unusual. She seemed to have taken her life with the cuts on her arms. So I took him. We had just had one of our females give birth. I gave her Neil to watch over. He earned his name from her. And it just stuck.” He stopped and Gabriel tilted his head. Orion seemed lost in his thoughts again before he spoke to answer the final question. “I saved him because he was my kind. I can be a dick and a total jackass but an innocent life that has yet to really begin deserves just as much of a chance as I do to survive and live.” Silence was quick to settle and Orion’s eyes were staring off. They stayed like that for a bit until Gabriel moved closer. He rested himself next to the adult and bit his lip. Orion glanced down and lifted his arm, wrapping it around Gabriel’s body and pulling the teen to his side. Being next to the guy really caused Gabriel’s cheeks to flare bright red. It occurred to him that he was facing Orion and the man’s body seemed tempting all on its own. Shyly he placed his hand on Orion’s chest, his eyes looking up at the adult. He noted the closed eyes and even breathing but wondered if he truly was sleeping. Still biting his lip, his fingers ran lightly over Orion’s stomach, feeling the muscle beneath the skin. When he saw the body twitch he pulled back so suddenly he almost smacked his own face. He heard a chuckle, instantly looking up and meeting Orion’s eyes.

“Sorry…” Gabriel muttered, pulling his hand to himself and hearing a soft chuckle, feeling Orion grab his wrist and pull it over his stomach, his small hand resting on the man’s stomach again.

“Just don’t tickle,” he murmured at the teen, earning a bright blush again. Gabriel was then afraid to even move his arm after Orion placed it over his midsection. Even lying beside him, he still felt extremely dwarfed. Orion gazed down at the dark mop of hair and his hand reached up and rubbed the teen’s bare shoulder and back, finding himself growing aroused with each moment that passed. His eyes were drooping until a sudden jerk from the teen pulled him back into reality. When he noticed what the teen happen to be staring at, he gave a throaty laugh. Gabriel’ eyes were completely zoned on the tenting effect the fur covering seemed to have now. He swallowed hard, closed his eyes and just about buried his face into Orion’s side, not wanting to even stare at it. Orion just gave a small laugh and held his shoulder, finally closing his eyes and letting out a sigh. Sleep over took both like a blanket.

Next chapter will be jumping to Tristan, just an fyi for you all.
2018, Carmen Lovett; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 10/21/2012 05:54 AM, Chris Booyse said:
Thank you for sharing your dream with us. It is INTENSE thumbsupsmileyanim.gif Luv the story!

Regards,

Chris

thanks so much x3 glad you like it :D

 

~Carmen

Link to comment

Nope, still no love loss between me and Orion. Still think he is a boil on the butt of humanity! You've done a great job of bring your character into a 3 dimensional life for us. Obviously that 3-dimension had to have occur or I couldn't have such a distaste towards the overgrown fluff ball named Orion. I'm also wondering, with the way Trent looks and thinks towards Gabe, if maybe we won't see him try something behind Fluff Ball's back. I also have an uneasy feeling about who Neil's father may turn out to be in relation to Gabe's future.

Link to comment
On 06/30/2013 04:40 AM, CW Prince said:
Nope, still no love loss between me and Orion. Still think he is a boil on the butt of humanity! You've done a great job of bring your character into a 3 dimensional life for us. Obviously that 3-dimension had to have occur or I couldn't have such a distaste towards the overgrown fluff ball named Orion. I'm also wondering, with the way Trent looks and thinks towards Gabe, if maybe we won't see him try something behind Fluff Ball's back. I also have an uneasy feeling about who Neil's father may turn out to be in relation to Gabe's future.
-snickers- ah ha! someone is already brewing the thought on who his daddy is. good on you. and I actually was tempting that between Trent and Gabe...but decided against it for now.

 

Glad you like the build up x3

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..