Jump to content
    pDaisy
  • Author
  • 360 Words
  • 904 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Awkward Moments in Religious History - 6. Opposite Day

As God's fire and brimstone wrath swept across the kingdom of Gomorrah, pillars fell and the bodies of the dead lay strewn over the fields. Their heathen souls ripped from their lives and cast into the pit of hell by their vengeful Lord.

Jesus approached God as he was watching the destruction unfold beneath his eyes.

"Hey what's goin' on?" Jesus asked as he looked down at the rubble. "Another war?"

"No nothing like that, I just took out Sodom and Gomorrah. And..." God put on a smug face, "with only two bolts of lightning and one volcano!"

Jesus was shocked. "You did what! Why?"

"Why? You should have seen what they were doing down there son. Man was lying with man, all sorts of crazy shit was happening. I don't know what possessed them."

"Dude it was opposite day!"

God looked at his son. "What?"

"It was opposite day!"

"No one told me that," God said innocently.

"What do you mean no one told you that? Yesterday at dinner I said, 'Hey, just to let you know, tomorrow is opposite day.' And you looked at me and said, 'Ya, ya, I know.' How does that compute with, 'No one told me it was opposite day'?"

"That's what you were talking about? I said, 'Ya, ya' so I could get on with eating my dinner."

"Man you never listen to me!" Jesus screamed.

"Calm down and don't use that tone with me young man!"

Jesus threw up his hands and taunted his Father, "What're you gonna do, huh, kill me with lightning bolts?"

"Hey I don't need your sarcasm, maybe you should go and spend a few days with your mother. Or maybe I should make you mortal, huh, would you like that?"

"Well it would probably be better then living here with you for eternity!" he screamed and Jesus stomped away leaving God fuming behind him.

"Jesus! Jesus Christ! One of these days young man!" Shaking his fist in frustration God looked down at the smoldering ashes of two once-great kingdoms. "I swear I didn't hear him tell me it was opposite day," he said to himself.

Copyright © 2017 pDaisy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..