Jump to content
    R. Eric
  • Author
  • 2,541 Words
  • 3,001 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blueblood 3: The Others - 13. Coming To Grips

Always in memory of my Daniel. The love of my life. He lives forever!!!

We were still very concerned with what Tad Morsi was up to. He knew we were not in town but came to the house. Why?

Colin and I were enjoying this underground palace and city. Amasis was actually a nice guy! The fact that he wasn’t a god seemed to take some pressure off the man.

 

Colin rolled over and scooped me up in his arms and snuggled down next to me. He knew I wasn’t asleep, but I’d had a tough few days. I grinned as his arms brought me even closer to him.

“Hi, Colin.”

He pulled me over and moved so he was pretty much on top of me. “Hi, Colin?” He looked minorly annoyed, but his emerald eyes told me otherwise. “I was gone for two and a half days! I get back and find my reason for living is a vampire.”

I gave him a surprised look. “You know I had to do that,” I said. “And I seem to recall it didn’t really bother you too much. We made love. You to me and me to you.”

Colin now was more than a little annoyed. “I know why and it paid off. I’m still angry that you did it.” He said again.

I rolled my eyes. “Yes, yes…I know. You have to admit, Amasis is a pretty nice man. Those images I had in my head about pharaohs weren’t real.”

Colin looked puzzled. “What images?” Then he nodded. “Another movie moment?”

I chuckled. “Yes. I keep seeing the Ten Commandments or even Cleopatra in my head.” I chuckled. “I keep picturing Yul Brynner standing with those fists on his hips knowing he was above everyone else!”

Colin grinned. “Well, he was, wasn’t he?”

“I suppose so.” I shrugged. “Amasis thought he was a god, Yul Brynner knew he was a god.”

“Nabia is confusing,” Colin said. “She’s so…stuck in this…subservient, passive role.”

“Well many of the women here wear those black, cover everything from head to toe showing only eyes,” I said sadly. “Those burkas are just…they look so uncomfortable…”

“But they are Muslim,” Colin said. “And not all women in Egypt are Muslim.”

I nodded. “No, but women aren’t treated as human beings a lot around here.”

Colin smiled. “And we definitely aren’t accepted.”

I grinned. “Vampires usually aren’t.”

He rolled his eyes. “You know what I’m talking about!”

I chuckled. “Do I?” I rolled us so I was on top. “I’ll say it. We suck.”

Colin’s eyes widened. “We what!?”

I laughed. “Come on, Colin. We both suck. Be it each other’s cocks or blood, we suck! Therefore, it’s just…wrong!”

Colin laughed. “We sure do one of those a lot!”

I smiled at him. “I’ll do that one thing again!” I said moving down his body.

I don’t need to tell what happened. I will simply say…I wasn’t hungry for blood now and Colin was very happy afterward!

 

Things with everyone was just fine. Shelly and Chuck searched the area underground for evidence of the Old Ones with flashlights and sun guns. They interviewed many of the residents for their knowledge of the Old Ones. Mom and Gabriella continued to talk with Nabia. Alex and Willie worked with some of the soldiers here, getting to know them and they got to know us. These people were sort of trapped themselves. There were three villages near this city underground. I was calling it Amasis City. I’ve heard its name, but…I can’t spell it. I won’t try. Why? Have you seen letters of these people’s languages? Stan had scanned the scroll and I watched him as he was literally pulling his hair out!

I came in as I saw him give a loud grunt and then this little cry and pull on his blonde hair!

“Aurgh!!” He let out hitting the laptop in frustration.

“This is a problem, isn’t it?” I asked.

Stan looked at me. “You think?” He shot back and put his forehead against the computer. He let out a sigh and sat up. “Sorry.” He turned. “I can’t read this because it’s too old!” He waved at the screen. “This language shouldn’t even exist! The oldest languages are said to be Sumerian and Egyptian…old Egyptian even.” He held that finger up when he had additional news or information. “There are elements of old Egyptian in this! Maybe it is the source for old Egyptian! Or one of the sources.” He waved at the screen. “But there are more…letters and configurations Buddy can’t understand!” He put his head down again.

I nodded coming up behind Stan. “It’s not easy,” I said putting my hands behind his neck and massaged his shoulders.

Stan leaned back enjoying the message. “That feels so good.” He said sighing.

“What’s the problem? Is it the connection to Buddy?” I asked.

“Not really,” Stan said. He waved at the computer again. “It is a problem, but the scroll is now in Buddy including the one in Manhattan.” He rolled his head as I worked and I felt the tension ease. “His system is sifting through databases. The problem is…there isn’t one about this.”

Mark came in and stopped. He looked with a smirk at the two of us. “Am I interrupting?”

Stan wasn’t bothered when he said. “Yes. You are.”

“Stan is having fun with this language,” I said chuckling.

Mark nodded and walked over to the screen. “You can’t do it?”

“Can you?” Stan turned annoyed, but not at Mark. He was just annoyed. “This language shouldn’t exist!”

Mark smiled. “Yet, here it is!” He stated the obvious.

Stan nodded. “Thank you very much.” He said at that obvious statement. “Are you here for something? Or are you just dropping by to irritate me?”

Mark sat beside Stan. “Just to irritate you.” He smiled. He looked at me. “These other villages know of the Old Ones, but I keep hearing the same thing. The Old Ones were wiped out.” He shrugged. “The last one was sited about a hundred years ago.”

“But Wayne saw one more recently,” I argued. “That was in England.” I nodded. “I’m willing to grant that maybe they have been reduced in number, but I think they’re still around.” I shrugged. “We are finding out where the beginning of this…vampires came from,” I said. “Maybe…just maybe…there’s more to it.” I sighed. “I would love a cure.”

Mark’s easygoing nature softened his face. “There may not be one at all.” He put carefully. “Weapons and even biological weapons are easy to create, but sometimes they don’t have cures.” He smiled more sympathetically. “Of course, George is smart. If anyone can come up with one, he will.”

I nodded. “Has Amasis helped?”

Stan nodded. “As much as he can.” He smiled. “Even he said it was old. He thought this was even older than the man that wrote this. Meaning, the man that wrote this…the language was even old for him!” He chuckled. “We’re talking fifteen to twenty thousand years before the man wrote this down.”

I nodded. “And the oldest we know of is only three or four thousand years BC?”

“Yep…thereabouts.” Stan nodded. “I’m no linguist. Buddy can do it, but he needs more input.”

“Perhaps with the other scrolls entered in Buddy’s head, he can find commonality and make it easier.” I offered.

Stan nodded. “Yep. Now, that takes time.” He frowned. “They have been protected down here, but they are fragile. I have to work slowly and with a lot of caution.” Then he brightened. “But once in here!” He patted his laptop access to Buddy. “It’s in!”

“Can’t Amasis read this?” I asked.

Stan nodded. “He thinks this what’s said.” He held up his translator on his lapel. “The problem is…this translates what he says to English for me. He’s translating what he thinks is written from this into whatever language he’s speaking and then Buddy, using the Delkenzie program translates what Amasis says to English!” He shook his head. “I’m translating a verbal translation of a written language by Amasis in whatever language he’s speaking, which Buddy translates to English and puts in writing for me to read!”

I nodded. “We need hard data.”

Stan now nodded more. “Exactly!”

Mark now looked a little shocked as Stan looked at him. “Well, don’t look at me. I barely speak English!”

Stan smiled at Mark and leaned in kissing him quickly. “Yes. I know.” He ran a finger over Mark’s face. “But, you’re cute, so I live with it.”

Mark grinned and did the imitation of a monkey scratching under an arm and making the sounds of a monkey. “It’s my animal magnetism?”

Stan nodded. “Yep.”

I patted Stan on the shoulder. “We just need a Rosetta Stone.”

Stan grunted. “This predates that! This is way older.”

I sighed. “We’ll know there is one when we find it,” I said simply giving his shoulder a quick pat. “You do great work, Stan. I’m glad you’re here.”

Stan grunted.

“What about me?” Mark asked.

I grinned as I walked backward to the opening. “I’m always glad you’re with us, Mark.” I then walked out to find Colin…or Amasis…or someone. I heard voices in the dining chamber. I smiled noting the time.

Going in Colin grinned at me. “Hi!”

I smiled at him as he was eating. “Hi.” I looked at what he was eating. “You are leaving some for anyone else?”

Colin smiled and laughed. “I am.”

Amasis chuckled. “If I understand correctly.” He said. “This…” he waved at Colin’s empty plates, “is because he’s still a vampire.” He waved at the food.

I nodded sitting by Colin. “Yes.” I kissed Colin. “It seems he can’t keep food long in here,” I said patting Colin on the stomach lightly. “We don’t really store fat.”

Amasis nodded. “So, I might have the same problem?”

I gave a shrug. “Not necessarily.” I rubbed Colin on the back as we were together. “I don’t require…” I waved at the food, “…as much as he does. The other night when he thought I was in trouble, he ran the two miles from Amir’s village here. He didn’t eat after he got here. It showed. He was quickly losing energy and almost passed out. If you don’t exert yourself, you can do with less. I do.”

Colin smiled as he swallowed. “But, oh, man! Is this good!” He waved at what he was eating. “I never knew camel was so good!”

Amasis laughed. “The problem is…the camel gives birth once a year. We have no shortage of them right now. They are domesticated camels.” He raised his eyebrows. “Perhaps we need to rethink that.” He waved at what Colin had eaten.

Colin looked at Amasis as his eyes narrowed. “There aren’t any chickens?”

Amasis chuckled and touched Colin’s arm. “We have plenty. I like a man to have a good appetite.” He looked at me. “Perhaps I will enjoy it, too.” He smiled. “I’m ready to take the medication.”

I smiled. “We were waiting on you. What about Nabia?”

Amasis shrugged. “I’m letting her decide.” He smiled. “I know she will.” He sighed. “I know it will hurt.”

I nodded. “Knowing…” I tapped my head, “…and knowing from firsthand knowledge are two different things.”

Amasis looked puzzled.

I realized what I’d done. “Oh, sorry.” I tapped my chest. “Knowing.”

Colin looked puzzled now.

I covered the translator. “The Egyptians discard the brain when mummifying. They didn’t think that was an important organ. The heart is the center of thought.” I smiled. “When you see something that upsets you or hurts…where do you feel it? Where do you hurt?”

Colin sat back a little. “Oh. I see.” Then he muttered. “Maybe the brain is not important.”

I looked at Amasis who was looking at us frustrated. I grinned at him. “Sorry, we were speaking with each other.” I nodded. “That was rude, sorry.”

Amasis smiled. “But not totally understood. I can speak a little English.” He nodded. “I think there are feelings,” he touched his chest, “in here.” He looked at me. “Is thought somewhere else?”

I chuckled. “You’re jumping ahead again. Yes, I know they are.” I said. “We’ll cover that as well.”

Amasis shrugged telling me he couldn’t help it. “It’s been a while since I’ve been challenged. This is new! I want to learn!” He smiled. “This is exciting!”

I chuckled again. “There’s a lot to get excited about.” I then gave him a sad smile. “It will hurt.”

Amasis nodded. “I’ve been told.” He looked up from his bowed head. “Give it to me. I’m eager to get started.”

 

We got Amasis in position as he tried to relax. George came in with the serum and syringe.

“I’m ready,” George said holding the needle and bottle of serum.

Amasis thought a second and then nodded. “Okay. Go.”

I took Amasis’ hand as Colin took his other hand. “We’ll be right here,” I said. “Once it’s started, we can’t stop it.”

Amasis nodded. “I get it.” He looked at George. “Go.”

Nabia didn’t want to see this. I wasn’t sure she would be able to do it at all.

George sterilized a place on Amasis’ chest and inserted the needle. Once he pushed the plunger in, it was a second before Amasis began to move. The pain was starting.

It was always hard to see. It was a long few hours and it did hurt Amasis. I smiled when I saw after a few hours and I saw the pulse begin at Amasis’ throat.

“What basically stopped so long ago.” Colin smiled as he saw the pulse begin. “Is starting again.”

 

Again, I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding when Amasis finally stopped writhing and went to sleep. “I’m not sure which is worse. Having the pain…” I looked at Amasis. “Or seeing the pain.”

Colin nodded. “It hurt worse when I saw you go through it.” He smiled. “I would have done anything to take it myself, but I couldn’t. It just needs to happen.”

I looked up. “We need to get power down here,” I said. “We need Buddy down here.”

Colin nodded. “We do.”

“Have you contacted Tad Morsi?” I asked.

Colin nodded. “I sent him a check. To pay for the house we used.” He shook his head. “We won’t be going back.”

“I know,” I said. “But someone wants something. I don’t believe it is the program. The Delkenzie program we practically were willing to give them.”

Colin nodded. “For a price. Sure.”

“They would get it,” I said. “Has he mentioned his brother in the government? Who is he? What position?”

Colin nodded. “I searched the Internet.” He grinned. “There is a mention of two brothers.” He smiled. “One, Tabor is in the government. The other…Rafa, is in the military.”

“Military?”

“Well, he’s…” he used finger quotes, “…retired…according to records, but he held the rank of General,” Colin said. “He’s in his sixties now.”

“A General.” I nodded.

“Tad is the youngest,” Colin said. “But Rafa works with military weapons.”

“He does?” I asked and then nodded. “He does.” I sat back and sighed. “And so, it starts.”

Colin nodded.

Copyright © 2017 R. Eric; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Military? They have to keep that in tow or they'll want to control the vampires and create a fighting force ... I wonder if that was the goal all of the time.

 

Loving Stan... I just know that he will crack the code and win the prize. Loving that Amasis is going through the serum... Not sure what to think of Nabia though, it's almost as if there is something there that we don't know yet.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

No one is just sitting around. The entire team is working. If Stan can scan enough of those scrolls, Buddy will eventually be able to start deciphering them. There are two interlocking issues here: the language and the writing system. They think they understand the writing system, but every language seems to need modifications for its idiosyncrasies.

Link to comment

A burka is that garment Muslim women wear.  It is a black dress/robe that covers a woman from head to toe.  Nothing about a woman is shown.  Only the eyes can be seen.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 7/11/2017 at 5:46 PM, R. Eric said:

A burka is that garment Muslim women wear.  It is a black dress/robe that covers a woman from head to toe.  Nothing about a woman is shown.  Only the eyes can be seen.

The emoji in question (presumably a ninja) resembles the face of a woman wearing a burka. Apple has previewed a real burka emoji.

Link to comment

If there's a military force in the Morsi family that might be a problem for our group of people who are trying to figure out the language and writing of the early Egyptian people. Poor Stan is going crazy trying to figure it out with the help of Buddy back in New York, he's got a lot of the ancient scrolls scanned and Buddy's trying to figure it out by using both language and writing styles. I'm with Stan in that there's such a difference in the writing and the spoken language it's going to take some time for Buddy to get the two together so they can understand it. I believe that Amasis is going to do very well with the serum, I don't know if Nabia will take the serum, even if Amasis thinks she will in time. I'm beginning to wonder if Colin's appetite is ever satisfied, he's always eating and it's always large portions at that. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..