Jump to content
    Ranveer
  • Author
  • 382 Words
  • 1,323 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Murder At Lake Mohank - Prologue. Preface

In AD 1148, Rana Rudra Veer Sinh, of the famous Rajput dynasty, the young and successful king of Rajgadh state, was assassinated while out on a hunting trip to Lake Mohank with his close friend and the rest of his retinue. Upon the kings death, the Royal Guard quickly captured and imprisoned his friend, who was believed to have been the perpetrator of the heathen crime. It was however never made known, the exact motive behind the assassination.

Even the true identity of the kings disloyal friend remained a mystery. It was speculated that he was a sorcerer who used to run down his enemies with his evil talents, by arousing evil spirits to accompolish his dirty work. It was said he could vanish in a flash of light. Some said he was capable of hypnotizing people with a mere glance, and commanding their souls, leaving them bereft of all worldly virtues.

While he was being escorted back to the capital, where the news of the kings untimely death had already spread like wildfire, he ended his own life, by consuming one of the many poisons he was said to possess. When Mahipal Sinh, the army chief came to know of the events, he ordered a replacement to be arranged for the already dead murderer, as part of a cover up, in an effort to let the kings loyal followers and people of the state have someone to focus their rage on.

There are no authoritative reports in existence of what followed.

There were speculations, however, among the locals, that the entire episode was a political conspiracy, Mahipal Sinh the master mind behind the evil plot. There were some who blamed it all on an age old curse that the Rajputs were believed to have been dealt centuries ago. The curse was said to have claimed the life of one heir, every single generation.

Raghav, one of the young assistants of the sorcerer, who had accompanied him to the hapless hunting trip, is believed to have escaped alive, the aftermath of the kings death. It is from his manuscripts, that he would write years later, that most of the folklore tends to stem from.

Most of his documents were either destroyed or damaged eventually, just a handful survive today.

Copyright © 2013 Ranveer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..