Jump to content
    Refugium
  • Author
  • 1,623 Words
  • 1,038 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confluence - 2. Chapter 2

On Saturday Layne paid another visit to his neighbor, who was straining to place a newly-delivered display case.

Mr. Owen, that looks awfully heavy for one man to wrangle.”

Oh, Doctor Layne. Yes, I suppose it is.”

Allow me to assist.” Layne moved to one end of the case and together the men shifted it into position. There, thats better.”

Owen clutched his stomach and grimaced.

Paulie! Whats wrong?”

Oh -- my stomach hurts sometimes. Its probably nothing.”

How about if you let a doctor decide that? Come, now, let me take a look.”

Here?

No, lets go over to my office. Mrs. Ogilvy works a half-day for me on Saturday; shell be gone by now. There wont be anyone to bother us. Looks like a storm brewing. Lets hurry.”

***********

The sky had darkened and a few raindrops were striking the windowpanes in Dr. Laynes office. Owen sat on the examination table holding a tumbler of bubbly liquid.

Now, Mr. Owen, you drink that down.”

Whats in it?”

Bicarbonate of soda. Should help your stomach.”

Owen drank the concoction in one gulp.

Now undo your shirt and lie back and let me take a look.” Dr. Layne tentatively probed the taut abdomen, looking over the wiry musculature.

How long have you been having these stomach pains?”

About a year.”

Any big changes in your life in that time?”

Pa died two years ago, so it wouldnt be that. Theres trying to open the store, of course. And -- Ellie and I got engaged a year ago.”

Im going to press over your liver now.”

Layne pressed his hand into Owens right side. Owens hips bucked and he gasped.

Did that hurt?”

No, its just a little - ticklish, I suppose.”

Im going to listen to you breathe for a moment. Sit up.” Owen leaned forward. Layne pulled the thin shirt up, pressed a stethoscope to the slender back, and listened to Owen inhale and exhale.

What is that device?”

Its called a stethoscope. Been around almost twenty years in this form. Now Im going to listen to your heart for a bit.” With the stethoscope at his chest, Owen began to tremble. Is this too chilly for you?”

No.” Owen gulped. Your hands are warm.”

Heartbeats a little fast, but thats easily explained. I dont feel anything untoward.” Layne put away the stethoscope. ”I think youve been under a strain. You have this enormous task of opening a shop, and youve been working too hard, and youve been drinking far too much coffee. I recommend that you switch to tea and get some more help with the store. I think all the pressure has your stomach tied up in knots.”

Owen looked down, crossed his arms, drew in on himself.

Layne searched Owens face. What? You think its something else? Is there something you havent told me about?”

I thought it might be --”

Layne waited patiently. Thought it might be what?”

I thought it might be because I -- bring myself to release.”

Laynes own pulse quickened. You mean, sexual release?”

Yes, I was always told it was bad for ones health. That it would damage the nerves or the innards.”

I can assure you thats not true. Trust me, as a doctor, I know that it does no harm at all. Youre a young man in good health and sexual urges arise naturally. There would be more cause for concern if they didnt.” The terrible secret, Layne thought, the terrible universal secret shared by almost everyone past childhood. Of course one aims for a sense of proportion. How often have you been -- achieving release?”

Three or four times a day.”

I see.” Ah, youth, he thought, though he himself was only thirty-two. I think that can be considered within normal range. Is any of this with Ellie?”

Owen looked shocked. No! Were not married.”

Still, there are ways for you to--”

No! She would never!”

Layne tilted his head in perplexity. But shes your fiancée. Surely you two embrace affectionately, kiss...”

Owen turned his head away. Weve never kissed.”

Never kissed? Why not?”

She gets impatient because Im awkward. When I try, I feel clumsy and foolish. I dont know how.”

Layne placed his hand on Owens. Its not difficult, not something you have to go to college to study. The important thing is to take your time and enjoy it. Go easy. Start slow and gentle.”

After glancing at Laynes hand on his own, Owen held the doctors gaze and they were both silent for a moment. Show me.” His breath was shallow and fast. He sat very still.

The doctor shifted position. Ill be happy to. Now, the lips are very sensitive, which is why they can give such pleasure. See, when I touch your cheek with my finger, you feel it, but now, when I run my finger along your upper lip, you feel it much more acutely.”

Owen leaned forward at Laynes touch. Yes, I see.”

Layne bent closer. And when I kiss you on the cheek, like this, you feel it, of course, but now when I kiss you on the lips--”

Their lips grazed each other; then Layne softly kissed Owens mouth. He pulled back a few inches and they looked in each others eyes. Owen lunged forward and pressed his lips hard against the doctors.

Layne broke off. Easy, Paulie, easy. Press lightly at first.” Owen closed his eyes as Layne placed a brief kiss, then a longer one. Thats better. Now relax your jaw and let your tongue have a say in this.”

Oweneyes went wide as the doctor kissed him again, easing his tongue in. They did not break contact for some time as the doctor held his patients face, then wrapped his arms around him.

They were both breathing hard as they drew apart. Layne raised an eyebrow. I think youre a natural at this, Paulie.”

Owen took a deep breath. I feel the need of release.”

Well,” the doctor said, maybe I should watch how youre doing it, just to make sure its not leading to some kind of muscular strain.”

Ive never done it in front of someone else. I couldnt. Its too embarrassing.”

Theres nothing to be embarrassed about. Its the most natural thing in the world. If it will set your mind at ease, Ill do it with you.”

You -- you would do that for me?”

It will be my pleasure. Now lets get these trousers out of the way.”

*********************

An unseasonably warm thunderstorm had begun. The sound of a cloudburst on the street below filled the bedroom in the doctors apartment above his office. Owen lay back on the bed as Layne knelt over him. With a shout and a last rapid flurry of movement Owen brought himself to orgasm, shooting great gouts of white fluid onto his stomach and chest.

Bliss!” Layne said, stroking his cock with one hand as he felt Owens semen with the other. Theres the Pemigewasset, and here comes the Winnipesaukee.” With a few hard breaths he felt his seed gush onto Owens. And together theyre the Merrimack.”

They both laughed. Then Owen grew serious and said, Can we kiss some more?”

Layne answered without words.

**********************

An hour later, they sat in a large chair, Owens back to Laynes chest, Laynes arms tight around him.

Win, I have to go. My mother, you know.”

I could hold you like this for hours, Paulie.” He made no move to release him. My little polliwog.”

Bigger than you where it counts!”

Dont I know it! Its a medical marvel how much of your youthful growth spurt was diverted to your tackle.”

Truly, Win, Ive got to --” Owen stood abruptly. I dont know how to think about this. Ive wanted to touch a man, to be with a man like this. I thought it would be dark and dirty and shameful.”

I can make it more sordid next time if you prefer.”

Dont make fun of me, Win. Its not any of those things. Its -- its wondrous. Its strange. Its such a weight off, youve lifted such a burden. Youve been so -- kind --”

Oh, I get something out of it, too.”

What am I going to tell my mother? What am I going to tell Ellie?”

Nothing for the moment, I hope.” Layne stood and held Owen again. Theres nothing wrong with this. But most people think there is. You cant go telling the world. The consequences would be severe.”

I know that. Of course I know that. Im not a child.”

Indeed youre not. Youre quite fully grown.” Laynes hand strayed below Owens waist. Its one of the things I like about you.” He nuzzled Owens neck. I could fall in love with you so easily.”

Owen snorted. A man cant fall in love with a man.”

Are you absolutely sure about that?”

Laynes heart melted at the lost look that crossed Owens face. I dont understand what we just did. I dont understand whats happening here.”

Ill help you, Paulie. I want to do this again. And more.”

I have to go.”

Not until you promise youll come back.”

Well,” Owen mumbled, I probably will need a follow-up appointment.”

Consider it booked. Now you may go.”

Owen hesitated at the door and turned. Which church do you attend?”

I dont attend any church.”

Oh! That wont do. You must come to my church tomorrow. First Baptist, on Church Street, just south of Central Street. Ten oclock. Its the best church in town.”

As long as youre there, Ill look forward to it.”

Owen smiled, returned for one long kiss, and left.

Copyright © 2022 Refugium; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1870 churchs, including Baptist, were all 'fire and brimstone', full of invective, and woe to anyone who doesn't fit in. Win and Paulie are at great risk. Especially in a town as small as Franklin with less than 2,300 people, gossip and bad news travels fast.

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 5
Link to comment

Wow! Mutual masturbation - a joy to behold, and even more fun to participate in. Coincidentally, it figures in my next story, too. I look forward to their next encounter.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 11/23/2022 at 8:09 PM, Tim Hobson said:

Mutual masturbation - a joy to behold, and even more fun to participate in. Coincidentally, it figures in my next story, too.

It is wonderful to have in common a rich tradition of literary devices from which we can all draw, isn't it?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Refugium said:

It is wonderful to have in common a rich tradition of literary devices from which we can all draw, isn't it?

Literary devices or memories - both work equally well 😋

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..