Jump to content
    RolandQ
  • Author
  • 783 Words
  • 933 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tangled Web - A Mystery - 12. Chapter 12 - Last Thoughts or Back in Bed

Chapter 12 - Last Thoughts or Back in Bed

Alex reclined in the bed gently touching Guy who lay against his chest. As he traced the shape of the Guy’s ear, he thought about how happy he was, how fortunate that life had brought Guy to him. He savored the sensations of their lovemaking, the heat and excitement still with him.

“That tickles,” Guy teasingly complained.

“What we just got done doing tickled, too.”

“I never heard of anyone with a ticklish ass.”

“I’ve never been touched that deep before.”

“You bet you haven’t.”

“Brag, brag.”

“Hey, lover.”

“What?”

“I love you.”

“And I love you.”

The kissed, embraced and made love again.

***

“How long has it been?”

“Since we did it? About an hour. You are certainly in the mood today.”

“No, since we met.”

“Wow, it’s been almost three years.”

“I can’t believe you pulled that line on me.”

“I am really lucky you bought it.”

“You really have balls.”

“As you well know. Hey, I wasn’t about to let you get away.”

“We still aren’t married.”

“Tell the governor, not me. You’ll probably see him next week, anyway.”

“Somehow, the topic of gay marriage doesn’t come up in our typical discussions. That’s outside the authority of the AG’s office. One of these days, though…”

“Yeah, one of these days.”

“I hate spending time in Albany, away from you. I really wasn’t expecting to be offered a job with the AG. I’m glad I can spend most of my time here in New York.”

“Everything has changed a lot in this past year.”

“Yes, it’s hard to believe all that has happened. We were just about here when it started. We were happy just being together.”

“We still are. You came home complaining about regular citizens and their ability to give testimony. You brought home the file and then we’re off to France. Hey it was great to have everyone together last month. Henri was a perfect host, Thibaud was his wonderful, awful self. It was amazing the Samir and Kenny could join us. They seem to be doing well considering what pressure they must be under. Things don’t seem decided yet, but I guess changing a government takes time. And Cal and his new beau, they were very sweet together. I am so pleased that they’re together. It makes it easier to see all the events of last and six years for the good that came from them, not just the pain along the way.”

“I think it’s good for Dr. Waldheim. He still feels responsible for Mr. Marcus’s death. Now that Cal has someone new, I think it’s easier. And being back at the college gives him a chance to fulfill his sense of obligation. It’s where he should be. And the dedication of the Economics Building to Stuart Marcus was a kind of justice.”

“Though I’m still shocked by Worthington hanging himself.”

“Me, too. The case Dr. Waldheim, the auditing firm and I put together was certainly damning. There was no doubt that Worthington was involved with Samir’s uncle, though it looks like Worthington was working all the angles for his own benefit. We could never prove it was his idea to try to discredit Mr. Marcus with the semen, nor identify the agent who planted it and probably killed him, but it had to be Worthington who told them what to do. The evidence of him cooking the books and embezzling from the college was rock solid. What a shock to the sheriff going to arrest him to find him hanging in the garage. It sure looked like suicide, but when you play with bad guys like that crowd, I’ll always wonder.”

“I’m sure Dr. Waldheim will get things straightened out.

“I think Dr. Waldheim has his eye on you for a job at the college.”

“He was hinting pretty hard the last time we were up.”

“Do you think so? It would be fun to teach. The chief economist has lots of years left in him and while they were nice to you during the executive weekend, you didn’t have that great a time at the wives events.”

“Damn me. Alone with twenty women and me just wanting to be with you.”

“I tried to make up for it in Provence.”

“I don’t know if it is Henri’s wine or just being near Thibaud, but you, my love, were insatiable the whole time we were there.”

“You always met me fuck for fuck.”

“You inspired me.”

“Is that some inspiration pressing against my leg?”

“Uh huh.”

“How long has it been?”

“Since we did it? About an hour and a half. I think it’s time.”

“I love you.”

“And I love you.”

End of Chapter 12
Copyright © 2014 RolandQ; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Mystery solved, and a good one it was too. Stu Marcus and Cal got belated justice

and it seems Cal won't be alone anymore. Glad to hear that Worthington died, he

was such an ass. I wonder if he arranged to have Stu killed...we'll never know. Thanks

for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.

Link to comment
On 06/10/2014 09:07 AM, Stephen said:
Mystery solved, and a good one it was too. Stu Marcus and Cal got belated justice

and it seems Cal won't be alone anymore. Glad to hear that Worthington died, he

was such an ass. I wonder if he arranged to have Stu killed...we'll never know. Thanks

for sharing your story, I enjoyed it.

Worthington was an ass and based on a composite of some college presidents I have known. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Great story.  One of my favorites on this site.  Loved it both times I"ve read it.  Liked the characters (need a Cal of my own).  Keep writing.  Hugs.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..