Jump to content
    RolandQ
  • Author
  • 5,414 Words
  • 1,045 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tommy - A Life - 17. Chapter 17 - Billy Returns

Chapter 17 - Bill Returns

Thor and Tommy were walking home from seeing a film. A man, clearly drunk, stumbled into them. Tommy caught him, to keep him from falling. The man righted himself and his eyes met Tommy’s. “Tommy!”

“Oh god, Billy,” Tommy cried out. “What are you doing here? I never thought I’d see you again. Oh god, Billy.” Tommy embraced Billy, holding him to his heart. Thor stood to one side, his jaw tight.

Billy’s knees began to buckle. Tommy straightened him up again. “Thor, we’ve got to get him home. He’s in no condition to be on the street. Billy, where are you staying?” Billy managed to say his old apartment. Tommy, with grudging help from Thor, hauled Billy to his apartment. The lobby staff were shocked to see the familiar faces of Tommy and Thor, recognizing them despite the intervening years. Tommy felt an oppressive déjà vu as they entered Tommy’s apartment. It had been renovated in a more modern style.

Tommy went into the kitchen and made coffee as Thor escorted Billy into the living room. Billy drank the coffee as Tommy and Thor watched.

“Tommy, I’m sorry. I’m sorry I gave in.” Tears ran down his face. “But I had to, they said they’d destroy you. My father is on the advisory board of the university and my grandfather has contributed heavily. They said if I didn’t give you up, you’d lose everything, everything you’ve worked for. I was afraid they wouldn’t stop there. I’m so sorry.”

Tommy asked, “Where did you go? Where have you been?”

Billy took a while to collect himself. “Well let’s see. On that awful day I left you, I got on a plane to California. Two weeks later I was married – to a very lovely girl from a family my family approved. The poor dear. I got drunk on that plane to California and have been inside a bottle ever since. Oh god, Tommy, I’ve missed you. But I’ve hurt you, terribly. Can you ever forgive me?”

“Billy, I don’t know. I loved you, I will always love you. But I’m with Thor now. I love him, he loves me. We’ve built our life together. He’s everything I want and he’s more than that. He is my life.”

Billy sobered at these words. Tommy had crossed the room to sit beside Thor. Thor reached out a hand and placed it on Tommy’s knee, relief on his face.

“Oh god, Tommy, what am I going to do? I ran away from my life, again.” Billy was despondent.

“Billy, you need help, more than I can give you. I’ll be your friend, I’ll do anything I can to help you find yourself, but I think you need to make some real changes in your life. Will you be all right here on your own tonight?” Thor bridled. “We can call someone to stay with you if you need it.” Thor relaxed.

Billy indicated that he would ok for the night. Tommy promised to return the next day to help Billy make a plan and find the help he needed.

As they left Billy’s apartment, Thor put his arm around Tommy’s shoulders and held him tight. “You had me a little worried there, mister.”

“I’m sorry Thor, finding Billy, after all this time, and finding him like that, drunk and defeated. I felt so sorry for him, so sad for what his life has become. I also felt how lucky I am to have found you. Billy gave me the gift of a fairy tale love – don’t you laugh at me, you know what I mean. I don’t know what my life would be now if he hadn’t left me, but that doesn’t matter. I know what my life is now with you and what I hope my life will be forever. Thor, I love you.”

They returned to Tommy’s house, now as much Thor’s house, and went to bed. The sadness of finding Billy softened Tommy’s mood. Thor caressed and kissed him. Tommy’s arousal grew despite the emotional distraction. After a time, Tommy returned Thor’s persistent affection. Their mutual orgasm surprised them, the result of loving touch, not impassioned sex. Tommy sank into Thor’s embrace, his heart content.

Tommy returned to help Billy the next day. He had done some research early in the day about alcohol abuse and its treatment. He had contacted some friends in the medical school at the university, asking for references for medical doctors and psychiatrists. He presented his findings to Billy, saying that he wasn’t qualified to make any recommendations, but encouraged him to consider medical and psychiatric evaluation. Tommy said he would go with him, stand at this side throughout the process.

Billy was gray faced. “I think I’ve known for a while I needed to take action. I think death was the most appealing alternative. Thank you Tommy. I guess I’ll take your suggestions. I have no other thoughts of my own. I’m just sorry for all the pain I’ve caused you. It was never in my mind to hurt you. I hope you know that.”

Tommy escorted him to the university hospital. Tommy’s friends had arranged appointments for a physical examination, blood work up, a psychiatric analysis. Tommy held Billy’s hand through all but the last. Billy had to face the psychiatrist alone. Billy emerged downcast, but managed to smile at Tommy who waited outside the examining room door.

“The initial recommendation is for me to admit myself to a dry out hospital. My only challenge there is finding one not already filled up with my relatives. Tommy, I’m already so lonely. I can’t imagine being locked up like that. I also can’t imagine that I’d have the willpower to do this myself.” Tommy’s head hung. “It’s probably for the best, will you come visit if it’s allowed?”

“Billy, of course I’ll come visit – as a friend. I care for you and want what is best, but I don’t want you to have the idea that we can be what we were to each other.”

“Yeah, I know.” Billy collapsed further. “I messed up my life, messed up your life, messed up some poor girl in California. I let them decide for me.”

“Billy, you didn’t mess up my life. You made my life possible in so many ways. You saved me when I was drifting into depression and hopelessness. You made me see my own value. You loved me and showed me how to love. And I thank you for that. And then, in what I gather was a remarkable triumph, you saved me again by providing for me.”

“I said I’d give you the world, and I meant it, Tommy. And I guess I’ve realized that we can’t go back. But it was so sweet, so lovely, such fun. I should thank you also for showing me innocence and sincerity. I realized too late how much you meant to me, and then all I could do was extort money from them, for you.” Billy turned to go. Tommy stepped up to him and hugged him. Billy said quietly, “I’ve got to go now. They’ve opened a place for me at a hospital west of the city. It should be a pleasant drive. Good bye, Tommy, you’ve probably saved my life.”

***

A postcard arrived from Billy a few weeks later.

 

My jailors will now allow me visitors. Weekends 2 to 4. I’ve made every effort to undermine the system here with little success. Please come and confirm that the outside world still exists.

 

Billy

 

Thor gave the card to Tommy with a question on his face. “Yes, Thor, I’m going to go visit Billy. Would you like to come along?” Thor declined.

Tommy had never purchased a car, living in the city. Now he needed one to get to a distant suburb. He was talking over the coming trip to visit Billy at the gym one morning. Bobby walked by as Tommy wondered aloud where he could find a car for the trip. Bobby backed up and butted in, “my old man’s got a car he never uses. I bet I could borrow it, but I’d have to do the driving. Dad’s nuts about his stuff and who uses it.” Tommy accepted the tentative offer, explaining that he needed to visit a friend in a hospital on occasional weekends. Bobby was always eager to help Thor and Tommy and agreed to try.

By Saturday, Bobby had obtained permission to use the car. He arranged to pick up Tommy at the gym in time to get to the hospital at two. Bobby drove with exaggerated care through the city. He relaxed more once on the highway and began to talk about difficulties with his boyfriend, Brad. “Oh he’s great fun, we go dancing and hang out with friends. But he’s not really into just being the two of us. I might be expecting too much, but I really want what you and Thor have, an old fashioned love, not that you guys are old or anything.”

Tommy laughed. Yes, he agreed about Thor and he, it was kind of ‘old fashioned’ despite it being two men.

Tommy concentrated on the directions. Once off the highway, they drove down a long country lane that ended in a gated entryway. Tommy identified himself and he was asked to drive through and park to the left of the administration building. Bobby found a spot under a tree in the garden and lay down for a nap. Tommy went inside to find Billy.

A few minutes later, Billy was escorted into the lobby. Tommy was told that they were free to walk around the grounds.

“I’ve not been outside since I’ve been here,” Billy confided.

They walked side by side through the gardens surrounding the various hospital buildings. Billy took on a forced cheerfulness, Tommy tried to be attentive and supportive. Billy sat on a bench under a tree and held his head in his hands. Tommy sat next to him and put his arm around Billy’s shoulders. Billy began telling of the horrors of the detox procedure. He told about trying to escape and then finally being crushed into compliance. But he also spoke of the true kindness with which he was treated and his realization that he had turned a corner in his recovery.

Tommy listened to every word, seeing in his mind the torment, feeling proud of how Billy had survived and then grown against the challenge.

“Next month, if everything goes well, they say I can go away for a weekend, if someone will take me. I thought about calling my parents, they know I’m in here. I’m afraid they won’t come, that they won’t want me. I’ve always been an embarrassment to them.”

“I think you should call them first, it might work out, but Billy, if you need me, you can come be with me, me and Thor.”

As he spoke Tommy spotted Bobby walking across the lawn toward them. “Hey Tommy, who’s the stud?” Bobby asked with a grin.

“Oh god, I’m not presentable,” Billy moaned.

“Billy, this is Bobby, Bobby, Billy. Billy is a dear friend of mine and important in my life.”

Billy rose to greet Bobby. Bobby stepped up and hugged him saying, “Good enough for Tommy, good enough for me. Mmmm, that felt good. You definitely must look me up when you’re in town. I think we could have some serious fun,” Bobby flattered.

Billy soaked up the attention of the young man. “Bobby, it would be a true pleasure to have some fun with you,” said Billy with more than a trace of his old playfulness.

An attendant approached saying that it was time for Billy to come back inside. Tommy and Billy embraced. Tommy promised to return in two weeks. Bobby hugged Billy again, taking advantage of the closeness to give his crotch a squeeze. “Tommy, make sure you bring this one back with you, and don’t hide him for so long next time.” Billy actually smiled and waved as he walked away.

In the car on the return to the city Bobby spoke, “Tommy he was really hot. I mean he’s not just another kid, he’s handsome and you know, hot. How well do you know him?”

Tommy explained that they had been together a long time ago, leaving out the details. He agreed that Billy was ‘hot’.

“I never thought about an older guy, well, except you and Thor, I think about you guys a lot. Do you think Billy would consider going out with me?” Bobby asked hopefully.

“Bobby, I think I can assure you, Billy would be very interested in doing all kinds of things with you,” Tommy mused.

Bobby went on the next trip to see Billy, not just as the driver of the car, but an eager visitor. Tommy was amused at being displaced in the conversation as the connection between Billy and Bobby grew. Tommy noticed a clear improvement in Billy’s appearance from the first visit. Gone were the shadows of fear and unhappiness. Bobby was clearly charmed by him.

Another post card arrived from Billy.

 

Tommy and Thor,

 

Can you guys spring me from this place next weekend? My parents are conveniently busy, they still haven’t stopped by, and you’re my only hope. I promise I’ll be good, Thor. Can you line up Bobby? I know it’s too much to hope that a handsome young kid would be willing to spend time with a worn out ex-drunk, but if he’s willing, I’d be ecstatic – and that would take some pressure off, eh Thor?

 

Billy

 

Bobby and Tommy drove out to get Billy on Friday evening. Tommy signed papers accepting responsibility for Billy, assuring that he would be supervised and kept from alcohol or worse. A doctor took Tommy aside and said that Billy had made remarkable progress but was still in a fragile state. This visit could advance his recovery or set it back irreparably. Laden with this responsibility, Tommy took Billy by the arm and escorted him to the car.

Bobby held the front door open for Billy, gesturing for Tommy to get in the back. Billy accepted the honor as his due. As they cleared the gates, the tension in Billy dissipated visibly. He began chatting about his time ‘inside’ amusing Bobby and Tommy also, about the various characters at the hospital. While his caricatures were funny, they were free of the sarcasm that Tommy remembered. Bobby hung on Billy’s every word and encouraged Billy all the more.

The trip to the city seemed to take no time with the lively conversation. Bobby dropped Tommy and Billy off at Tommy’s house and promised to come back after he returned the car to his father.

“This is the house I bought with the money you gave me. That gift made my life possible. It led me to Thor. I am wholly grateful to you Billy, for that and, more importantly, for opening my heart to love.”

“Tommy, I meant it when I told you I wanted to give you the world. And when it all fell apart, when I let them take me over, I had to do something for you, the man who first showed me what it was to be loved. The money meant nothing to them, but it was all I could do.” Billy looked away until he had regained his composure.

Tommy led the way up to the flat. Thor was waiting in the sitting room, looking uneasy. “So, Billy, how’s it going?” he offered.

Billy looked fragile in Thor’s presence. Tommy claimed their attention by saying that he had had the back studio apartment on the third floor set up for Billy to sleep in. They’d have dinner in that night and could make plans for Saturday and Sunday morning. Bobby would be joining them for dinner. Thor went to get soft drinks.

“He doesn’t want me here,” said Billy after Thor had gone to the kitchen.

“No, but I do,” replied Tommy. “He’s threatened by you Billy. He knows how close you and I were. I’ve told him I love you. I’ve also told him that I can’t and don’t want to go back to then. I guess no one can ever understand how another person feels about him, if he did, he’d know that I love him and my life is with him. He’s a kind man, Billy, I think he’ll be able to handle it.”

The sound of feet running up the stairs interrupted the conversation. Bobby burst through the door, his face red and hot.

“You must have run all the way, Bobby, that was fast,” Tommy said.

Through his puffing breaths Bobby, said, “Yeah, I didn’t want to miss anything. We don’t have much time, it’s only the weekend.” He smiled at Billy.

Thor came in with drinks. Seeing Bobby just arrived and in need, he handed his drink to him and went out for another. Bobby drank the iced tea in a gulp and followed Thor to get some more.

“I think Bobby may have some plans for you, Billy,” Tommy kidded.

“I’m not sure what a good looking kid sees in this battered old wreck. I hope he’s not disappointed.”

The conversation was lively over the dinner table among three of them, Thor watched Billy silently. It had gotten late as they talked and Billy began to yawn. “I don’t have late nights in the hospital. I guess I’m kind of tired.”

Bobby offered to make sure Billy got safely down the flight of stairs and into the apartment. “I’m wondering if Bobby is going to see Billy safely to bed, too?” Tommy said after they had gone.

Thor was still moody, but quickly responded to Tommy’s overtures. Tommy had approached Thor to reassure him but was quickly carried away with the sensations of touching Thor, smelling his scent, listening to his breath quickened with desire. Waves of desire and love overcame him and his lovemaking was returned eagerly by Thor. They passed the night blissfully.

Finding Bobby there in the morning was not a great surprise, though Tommy took him aside to make sure that nothing occurred that might negatively affect Billy’s recovery. Bobby described a night of tentative sex. Billy was self conscious and shy. Bobby said he had succeeded in convincing Billy of his admiration – he was still sleeping.

They had sat down to breakfast when a much-tousled Billy entered the dining room. He said nothing, just sat down and helped himself to coffee. Bobby got up and served some eggs and toast to Billy and delivered them with a kiss. Billy looked past Bobby at Tommy. “I must say the service at this establishment is far superior to my usual place. I will suggest lusty young bedmates to the hospital administration upon my return.” He tucked into his breakfast. Tommy and Bobby laughed. Even Thor joined in.

Billy spent the morning with Tommy who walked him around the city running errands. They picked up lunch and took it to the gym to join Bobby and Thor. Saturday was a very busy day and they rarely had time to get away to eat. After lunch, Bobby grabbed Billy and sailed out the door, promising to have him back that evening and no ‘misbehaving.’

Tommy looked at Thor. “I’m not sure what ‘misbehaving’ is for Bobby. I’m not sure for Billy either. I suppose they’ll both survive.”

Tommy and Thor had finished dinner and were settling in to watch some TV when they heard Bobby and Billy come in the main door. They could hear Billy swearing as he climbed the steps. Bobby was consoling Billy and laughing at the same time. When they at last appeared in the doorway, Billy looked undone.

“Do you know what this kid does for fun? Rollerblading. I thought we were heading for some marathon sex and he takes me rollerblading. What the hell kind of date is that. I fell on my ass a hundred times – you might be regretting that later. I’m lucky I didn’t break anything.”

Bobby shrugged his shoulders. “All the guys go blading. I thought it would be fun. And Billy really did pretty good. I think your ass will still work. Hey Thor, you got anything I can rub on his ass?”

“I’ve got some liniment, but I’m thinking you’ve got something of your own to rub on it,” Thor teased.

Billy harrumphed in an amused way and reached out to hug Bobby. “I’m beat. Have you ever spent a day with this guy? We must have ‘bladed’ to Cincinnati and back. Then a walk along the waterfront. And he’s just chattering away, not slowing down for a minute. When I get out, I’ll have to take up aerobics with you Thor.”

“Bobby’s a pretty good trainer,” Thor offered. “I’ll bet he’ll put together a custom work out just for you. And he’ll go easier on you than I will.”

Tommy escorted Billy and Bobby to the stairs. “Now we have to return Billy to his keepers tomorrow. Don’t wear him out too much.”

Bobby hung back as Billy went down the stairs. “Tommy? Do you mind if I take Billy back tomorrow, just us two?”

Tommy gazed at the young man. “I’ll have to call to make sure that’s within the hospital guidelines. I’m responsible for Billy and I don’t want to jeopardize any future time off he might get. I appreciate your interest in Billy. I’m sure you’ve made a big difference. I am a little concerned about where this is leading, about what you two are getting into. Maybe that is something we can all sit down and talk about the next time Billy visits.”

Bobby hopped down the stairs. Tommy heard the door close and returned to the sitting room. Thor was stretched out on the couch. “So gorgeous, how do you think this is going?” Tommy asked.

“Well, Billy has behaved very well. I guess I can give up being jealous, but I happen to be well acquainted with all your charms and couldn’t blame him for making a move on you. Truth be told, I’m worried that Bobby’s getting in over his head. Billy is handsome, very charming, rich, and very needy. Bobby is enjoying the attention of an older man and the chance to have his help accepted. That might feel like love. They’re grown men, but both vulnerable. I guess we’ll have to watch them.”

Tommy was informed that the hospital had no problem with a driver bringing Billy back, providing no stops were made when out of his supervision. Bobby promised to go straight to the hospital and turn Billy over.

Late that evening after dropping Billy off, Bobby stopped back at Tommy’s house. He appeared to be moody and thoughtful. Tommy tried to draw him out. “So, what are you feeling about Billy?”

“It’s really different than any of the other guys I’ve been out with. It’s like we’re just two people together, talking and stuff, and yeah there’s sex, but that’s just one thing we do together. I don’t know, I just like being with him. It was hard not to cry when I dropped him off. I’ve never felt that way before.”

Tommy hugged Bobby and kissed him. “You’re a sweet man, Bobby. Go as easy as you can in this. Billy has a long way to go. He’s coming back from more than alcohol abuse, he’s had a pretty messed up life. I do know how loving he can be. He’ll always have a special place in my heart and I care how his life works out. Thor and I also care about you.”

Tommy paused. “I was about to say that you should be careful about expecting too much of Billy, but the moment that thought crossed my mind it seemed stupid. Bobby, love as you must. Don’t hold back. If this is what you want and need, go for it. If it doesn’t work out, then you cry, forgive, and wish each other well. If it does, then be happy. Either way, loving someone can only enrich your life. Loving is cumulative. You’ll know better how to love by loving. I guess I’m getting sappy, but there it is.”

Thor cleared his throat behind Tommy. How long he had been in the room listening, Tommy didn’t know. He simply leaned over and kissed him. “Bobby don’t you have somewhere to go?” Thor asked. Bobby took the hint and said good night.

 

***

Tommy called the hospital to request feedback on how the weekend visit had affected Billy’s recovery. The doctor, while limited in what he could tell Tommy, assured him that Billy’s recovery was helped by the time away from the hospital. The doctor did share with Tommy that he thought favorably of the budding relationship between Billy and Bobby. Tommy surmised that Billy had told the doctor about his weekend in some detail. The doctor explained that patients who had a positive life to go to after the therapy were motivated by that goal. The outcome was less successful for patients who were returning to the same environment where they had resorted to alcohol and drug abuse and even worse where they had no prospects for the future at all. The doctor did express concern that while Billy’s recovery seemed on track, it would require a special dedication on the part of Bobby to see it through.

A special seminar series in which Tommy was involved conflicted with the visiting hours at the hospital for several weekends. Bobby happily took the opportunity to visit Billy on his own. He expressed some disappointment at only being able to visit in public areas that limited any expression of affection, but he did say he enjoyed his time with Billy.

 

Tommy, Thor, and Bobby,

 

I’m afraid it must seem like I was just imposing on you a short time ago, but it seems forever since I last enjoyed the weekend with you. I’ve become such a model patient that even the hospital staff can’t stand me anymore. Will you sponsor me on another weekend away?

I’m feeling much more human, specially after all the attention Bobby has given me. It makes me more comfortable with myself, but even crazier to be out of here and back in life. Please say yes.

 

Billy

 

P.S. If they agree, Bobby, let’s spend a little more quiet time. My ass still hurts from falling down last time – at least I think that’s the reason.

 

B

 

Bobby drove out to collect Billy and returned in time for dinner with Tommy and Thor at their home. Billy certainly looked better. The weekend plan was to follow much the same pattern with Bobby taking over the care of Billy and most of his time. Both seemed eager to spend time together.

Dinner was a casual, sandwiches from a local shop, chips and soft drinks. Billy said a little sadly, “You know, after a while this soda stuff isn’t too bad. I appreciate you’re efforts to keep me on the straight and narrow. I haven’t been this healthy since I was ten, maybe eight.”

“Good thing, I’ve got plans for you” Billy said eagerly.

“Yes, my prince, shall we retire?”

Tommy felt Thor squeeze his hand under the table as they watched Bobby and Billy leave. “What do you think about them?”

“I know Bobby’s sincere. He’s young, though. Billy’s got his troubles, but he’s putting out more of an effort than ever before in his life. I guess we stand by and be ready to pick up the pieces if it comes apart.”

Thor pulled Tommy to him, putting his arm around him. “They both learned a lot about love from you, my love. So have I.” Thor kissed Tommy. “Shall we retire?” Thor copied Billy.

“Do let’s” Tommy playfully responded.

***

The weekend was spent close to home. Tommy had a major paper to complete as part of his graduate work. Thor was occupied with the gym and was covering for Bobby so he could spend time with Billy.

Billy knocked on Tommy’s study door. “May I come in? I’d like to talk to you, before Bobby get’s here.”

“Of course, Billy, come in. Why do I feel like a principal or something?”

“You look good behind a desk. You looked better splayed across it in a romantic entanglement, but those days have past – for me anyway. I really wanted to talk to you about what comes next, for me.” Billy was serious.

“You know I’ll be there to help, however I can.” Tommy offered.

“Yes, I do.” Billy shifted uneasily in his chair. “I’m really touched at how you’ve come to my rescue.” Tommy scoffed. “No, I mean it, our relationship is long over, but you – and Thor – have given your time, shared your home, introduced me to a pretty wonderful man. Now it’s time for me to grow up and do something concrete with my life, to deserve my friends. I’ve been thinking lately about how good it is to be able to come here and be with you. Every other person in that hospital needs someplace to go. Some have welcoming families, many don’t. And there’s always those kids who get rough treatment from their families. They need a safe place. And sometimes things don’t work out with a boyfriend or roommate, a guy needs a place to go. It’s kind of like the family we all need, but often don’t have. That’s what I’m thinking about. How do we do that?”

“I don’t know” replied Tommy. “If you want, I’ll ask around. I imagine the University has contacts and among our friends, someone will probably have some insight. If anything comes up, I’ll let you know.”

“Thanks Tommy. You were a fantastic lover. You’re an even better friend.” They heard footsteps running up the stairs. “If you’ll excuse me, I believe my afternoon’s entertainment has arrived. I’m going to see if I can steer it toward an art gallery or film, or at worst a long walk along the water front. Bobby has so much energy.”

“Just be careful. We can meet up for dinner. There’s a great Cuban place on Second Street.”

“See you then.” Billy went out the door to be greeted by Bobby, who shouted his goodbye to Tommy as they went out into the city.

Tommy and Thor walked along the city streets enjoying the fine evening on their way to meet Billy and Bobby. Tommy told Thor about the conversation with Billy. “He’s in a very different place now. I’d like to do what I can to help him get something started.”

“Billy’s knows more rich people than anyone else I’ve ever known. That should help. What about Charles? He’s always got good advice on money matters. He seems well connected to the city’s elite, too. There has to be some charity executives on his list. I’ll even go over my old client list, I used to train a lot of influential people when I worked in Billy’s building.” Thor was thinking how to help.

“You know, big guy, I love you” Tommy said.

“I’m counting on it, because I love you.” They stopped to kiss, ignoring their usual circumspection in public. No one seemed to notice. Who would mess with Thor in any case?

Dinner was lively at the Cuban restaurant. The four enjoyed their meal, their conversation, and the atmosphere. The pairs divided as they walked toward home. Tommy and Thor sat for a while in a park, listening to the sounds of the city mix with the quiet of the park before returning home.

Bobby and Billy came in later. Billy came up to the sitting room to say good night. “When I ran into you that night, I was nearly done. Now I’m looking forward to completing my treatment at the hospital and thinking about the future. You two have made that possible. Thank you. Now I’m going to go downstairs and do my best for that young man.”

“He seems very pleased with you” Thor assured Billy.

“As I am with him. Goodnight.”

End of Chapter 17
Copyright © 2014 RolandQ; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Very nice transitions. Feelings and fears and very well expressed. Wonderful relationships developing. Brad

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..