Jump to content
    RolandQ
  • Author
  • 1,038 Words
  • 1,217 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tommy - A Life - 22. Chapter 22 - And they lived happily ever after

Chapter 22 - And they lived happily ever after
You've read the story so far, what did you expect?

It seemed as if the entire neighborhood was involved. In the midst of a gay neighborhood, there were few children. Some gay couples had begun adopting and there were a few ‘weekend children’ from divorced families, but Ben had come into Tommy and Thor’s life half grown. Eight short years later, Ben was graduating from high school and as a kind of community mascot, all the ‘uncles’ and neighbors participated in the excitement of the event.

Each of them, Tommy, Thor, and Ben spent a fair amount of time informing the community about progress in selecting a college. They had spent many weekends over the prior eighteen months visiting prospective colleges and universities. Ben had chosen a small school in New England. Ben received advice from everyone. He was very patient with each well wisher, understanding that their suggestions fulfilled their own need to share love as a parent. But his departure for college was in the coming fall. Now was the time to celebrate his graduation.

The morning of graduation began with a grand breakfast served in the dining room. The Hopkins prepared and served the meal. This time, however, they joined Tommy, Thor, and Ben. They felt pride in Ben’s accomplishment as much as anyone.

Thor declared that is was time for pictures. He suggested that the front steps would have good light. They rotated groupings for the pictures, first Ben alone, then with Tommy and Thor, then with the Hopkins. Before many shots had been taken, a crowd of neighbors had begun to assemble in the street, all seeking to be in the pictures with Ben. A hapless passerby was enlisted for the final picture, about thirty people crammed onto the steps with Ben in front in his cap and gown.

“Not a typical family,” Tommy remarked to Thor.

“No but the best family I’ve ever known,” was Thor’s response.

The crowd ambled along in a kind of silly parade to the high school, escorting Tommy, Thor, Ben, and the Hopkins to the graduation ceremony. There was limited seating at the event, so the friends and community settled for ‘three cheers for Ben’ to his extreme embarrassment in front of his school mates.

The ceremony itself was typical. Speeches that tried for inspiration and guidance, the awarding of diplomas and lots more pictures. Thor became teary when Ben received his diploma. Tommy hugged him, sharing his pride in Ben.

After the ceremony, Ben hugged them both, dumped his diploma and cap and gown with Tommy and ran off to be with his friends. “Be home for dinner, the celebration continues,” Tommy called after him as Ben sprinted away.

Thor put his arm around Tommy as they walked home. “He’s not our little boy anymore.”

“You’ve done a fine job with him,” Mrs. Hopkins assured them.

“With your help. He had a rough start, but with all you’ve done for him, he’s a good, happy person.” Tommy came to a halt. “And you Thor, from the first moment, when Ben’s mother came to us, you took him to your heart and then gave everything to Ben when you didn’t have to.” Tommy became emotional.

“Let’s go home, Tommy.” Thor led Tommy home, winked goodbye to the Hopkins and took Tommy up to their room. He sat Tommy on their bed, got a warm cloth to wash Tommy’s tears away, then began to unbutton Tommy’s shirt.

“Oh, that’s where this is going?” Tommy realized and began to undress Thor.

***

“Is this a gray hair?” Thor asked toying with Tommy’s chest hair. They were laying in each other’s arms recovering from some extraordinarily passionate love making.

“I’m afraid time is taking its toll.”

“I couldn’t tell that ten minutes ago.”

“It was pretty spectacular. Somehow, it usually is.”

“Usually?”

“Stop, you know what I mean. It’s enough to just kiss you, smell your scent, hear your breathing for me to be totally happy," Tommy told Thor among many kisses.

“I prefer it when it goes further,” Thor replied, reaching for Tommy’s balls.

“You are in the mood today.”

“Well, Ben will be going away this Fall. It will be just you and me again.”

“Late mornings in bed, early afternoon trysts, before dinner scoozing, and all night humping?”

“Something like that, on a quiet day,” Thor teased.

“I love you Thor. You’ve made my life a joy.”

“Tommy, I’ll always remember you when Billy brought you to the gym that first day. You were so young and innocent. Not as innocent as the day before, I understand. I could see how in love you were with Billy, but you were already in my head and my heart. I had no reason to think you’d ever be mine. But then it happened. You were there at Mike’s looking for me.”

“I’m still kicking myself for not finding you sooner,” Tommy confessed. “It took you long enough to ask me out. Thank god for Mike’s urging. Billy had me dazzled. If his parents hadn’t pulled us apart, I don’t know what might have happened. But that didn’t happen. You did.”

“I’ll take what the Fate’s have given me. I couldn’t be happier. I love you Tommy.”

They didn’t hear the knock on the door or notice that Ben had entered the room. “Well, I don’t need to guess what you two have been up to.”

“He’s mine, and I’ll make love to him whenever I want to,” Thor said declaring his territory.

“It’s nice to be loved, but you’re not scaring anybody.”

Ben sat on the edge of the bed. “Thank you guys. Sometimes seeing other kids and their families reminds me of how lucky I am. You’ve managed to encourage me without setting expectations. You’ve let me explore relationships – not too far – and showed me everything about loving. I am a little worried that when I go to college, you’ll never get out of bed.”

“Funny Thor was just saying the same thing, though he wasn’t worried, he was counting on it.”

“You’re off to a good start, judging by appearances.”

“How long until dinner?” Thor asked.

“If we get this kid out of here, we have time for another round.”

“Jeez, love birds.”

End of Chapter 22
Copyright © 2014 RolandQ; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

An absolutely charming story. I love the relationship between Thor and Tommy. When you add the Hopkins and Ben to the mix, it becomes just a lovely little family.

I would love to read about Billy and Bobby and see where that story ended up. What a wonderful cast of characters. Charles, Bunny, Cupcake, Piggy...I just loved it. I hope to read more of your work!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

What an amazing story! From Tommy's youth til his mature days with Thor, and everything inbetween. Usually you dont find a story on these Literary sites that follow a life. Thank you and I will be reading your other stories for sure! :boy:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/07/2014 05:57 PM, Gene63 said:
An absolutely charming story. I love the relationship between Thor and Tommy. When you add the Hopkins and Ben to the mix, it becomes just a lovely little family.

I would love to read about Billy and Bobby and see where that story ended up. What a wonderful cast of characters. Charles, Bunny, Cupcake, Piggy...I just loved it. I hope to read more of your work!!!

I've entertained a sequal - I love these characters, too.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..