Jump to content
    RolandQ
  • Author
  • 891 Words
  • 1,270 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tommy - A Life - 4. Chapter 4 - The Opera

Chapter 4 - The Opera
After this chapter, maybe going to the opera won't be so scary...

 

After Tommy’s introduction into the ‘crowd’, they received many invitations, most often from Piggy. One Friday afternoon, another message arrived from Piggy.

 

Dear Ones,

 

Be ready at 5 PM, full dinner dress, Armando is performing in New York and you’re coming with me to the opening. Don’t make any plans for Saturday, or for Sunday for that matter.

Piggy

 

It was already past four when Tommy and Billy got the note. Tommy looked at Billy with a questioning expression. “It’ll be fun. Armando is Piggy’s tenor friend.” They ran to shower and change.

Unusual for Piggy, he was waiting in his car when they emerged from Billy’s building. “Get in, we’ve got to go.” Tommy squeezed into the backseat, Billy got in next to Piggy and the car roared off in a u-turn. It normally took a few hours to reach New York, but Piggy drove very fast, ignoring any and all traffic regulations. Somehow it worked for him, though he chatted the entire time and appeared to pay no attention to the road, traffic seemed to open up and give way for him.

They pulled up in front of Lincoln Center. This was Tommy’s first trip to New York, the scale and energy of the city dazzled him. And arriving at the premier cultural spot of that city was all the more intense. A valet took the car and they walked across the plaza to the Metropolitan Opera House. Piggy was recognized as he entered the door. While many others waited in long lines for admission, an usher opened the way and led them up the grand staircase. The usher then used a gold key to admit them into a tiny room. Piggy preened in front the mirror and then opened another door. Through the door, Tommy first saw a theatre box with a small group of guilt chairs with red cushions. Looking past, the entire vast space of the Opera House opened before him. The giant hall and every occupant seemed to glitter. Piggy urged them to take a seat and the conductor appeared and the overture began.

This was spectacle beyond Tommy’s imagination. The vast stage was occupied by personalities even he had heard about. The music, the voices, the story, and setting were magical. Billy held his hand throughout, watching Tommy’s reactions rather than the opera, seeing through Tommy’s expressions the wonder of this event.

Piggy applauded uproariously when a slender young man marched to the center of the stage. The man, whom Billy recognized as Armando, turned to face the box where they sat and began an aria about the passion of youth. The song ended in a great crescendo and to an uproarious ovation. Armando exited the stage at the end of the scene. A few minutes later, there came a soft knock at the box doorway. Piggy jumped up and disappeared into the anti-room. After a few minutes, Billy got up and peeked in the door. He motioned for Tommy to join him. Inside the small dimly lit red room, they saw the tenor Armando being fiercely fellated by Piggy. His eyes were closed in ecstasy as Piggy, true to his name, sucked and slurped. At a change in the music, Armando’s eyes popped open and he pulled away, giving Piggy a quick kiss as he fastened his trousers and rushed out the door. A few moments later he appeared on the stage, singing lustily.

Piggy returned to his seat, wiping his face with a handkerchief. “I like to think I do my part for the arts,” he said as he sat down.

The rest of performance was marvelous and though quite long, Tommy was sad when the last curtain fell. Another new world had been opened for him.

The evening continued with a lavish dinner, hosted by Piggy and featuring Armando. Armando had arrived at the head of an entourage of admirers. He abandoned them all to pay court to Piggy who glowed with the attention. Billy and Tommy sat back and enjoyed the spectacle, almost as grand as the opera had been.

Tommy thought he would pass out from drink and tiredness when Piggy announced that they were heading to ‘the Village’ to a club. Somehow Tommy found the energy and rallied. The club was in a small dingy basement. Drinks were quickly provided and then a small jazz ensemble began to play. During the course of the evening, members of the audience were identified as musicians, themselves and encouraged to join the ensemble. By the end of the night, the club rocked with the music of a large band made of celebrities. ‘Wow’ thought Tommy.

Tommy woke up all curled in a ball in the back seat of Piggy’s car. Billy was driving, sipping coffee from a paper cup. Piggy snored loudly from the passenger seat. Billy turned and smiled at Tommy’s touch. “Quite a night, lover. We’ll be home in a half hour. I’ll bet you need to stand up.”

“I’m not sure I can. I’m still feeling those last twenty drinks.” Tommy’s head already ached.

Billy drove to Piggy’s house and turned over the still sleeping man to his butler. Tommy and Billy caught a cab back to Billy’s apartment. They both crashed into bed and slept through the day.

End of Chapter 4
Copyright © 2014 RolandQ; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..