Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 901 Words
  • 6,379 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bad Stereotypes - 13. Wednesday 5th April 2011

The season for cross county had ended, and thanks to Zach Sarver’s continued improvement, much of which was brought about by me hauling him out of bed at the crack of dawn to run miles before school, along with our new recruit Miles, our team had placed second in the district and we got a big silver cup for the school’s trophy case and an honourable mention in assembly. Miles and David’s other sport was football, and Zach and I both went out for athletics and the shorter distance runs, though only I liked to sprint. As such, the four of us spent a lot of time hanging out together after training and Zach and I went to watch the football matches our friends played in, and they came to see us. Sometimes at weekends, we would all go jogging together. The four of us, became fast and close friends.

So it wasn’t much of a surprise that we all started to get girlfriends at about the same time. Miles was first, with a pretty blond, then Zach started dating a variety of girls from the swimming and diving team, one of which moved from him to David’s permanent girlfriend. I was last.

Lena Shafer was the hottest girl in our year at school. She was blond, big brown eyes like a doe, super clear skin. But she could hold her own in lessons, she was smart, intellectual, into art and music, and she didn’t care so much about hair styles and manicures. I asked her out over a shared photography project on favourite landmarks while we were listening to Coheed and Cambria. Lena smiled and held my hand, and we agreed to take things slowly.

So there was a group of eight of us who went out in the evenings, group trips to the cinema, to cheap cafés and restaurants that we could afford, hanging around in the skate park and on the swings, disappearing into the dark to make out in the sort of privacy that fifteen year olds enjoy. Us boys still went out running together, and I started to miss the times when it was just us guys.

Kissing Lena was fun, but strange, and really, really different from kissing Alex. The more I kissed Lena, the more I needed to picture kissing Alex. She was lovely, tasty, happy. But having her body all soft in my arms, curves and bulges where I was used to the smooth hard planes of Alex’s torso was strange. I missed Alex.

I hated that I missed Alex. The guys were excited about having girlfriends, all of us in the process of growing up and turning sixteen within the next few months, but I found it really hard to join in their discussions with enthusiasm. Tits and curves were not the things about Lena that I liked. She was great company, but when she lay against my chest, sitting in my lap, I felt nothing. Nada. Zip. And she was starting to notice.

Nights I would lie awake and wonder what I’d gotten myself into. I liked boys, that was deeply obvious, but having Lena fitted me in well with my friends, and at least hanging out with all of them took my mind of other things, things like Alex. Things like wanting Zach. Wanting Zach Sarver was not something I was brilliantly pleased about, but when I was making out with Lena and trying to will my crotch into activity, looking over at Zach was a great help. Zach was obviously straight, completely not interested, and I hated using him as fodder to make out with Lena. He was my best friend.

I started running at night. Creeping out through my bedroom window in the dark to pound my frustrations out into the pavement. It was worse after evenings when we’d been making out in the park, the flavour of Lena on my tongue and the memory of her skin under my hands making my desire for Zach sharper and keener. I hated talking to Zach when the last time I’d ‘seen’ him was imagined naked and raw in my bedroom while I touched myself. So I ran, and stayed frustrated. I’d gotten myself in such a mess, and I had no idea how to get out of the space I had found myself in.

Music helped some, the pounding heavy drums and bass guitars knocking my pulse out of my ears, lyrics replacing my inner monologue of guilt and anger. I hated what I was doing to Lena. She was a nice girl, we had great conversations, but I wasn’t the caring, attentive boyfriend which she wanted, and which she deserved. More than once she had asked why we didn’t go on dates without the other guys. I never had any answers for her. I knew that Zach had slept with at least his three most recent squeezes, and David and Celia were saccharine sweet together and hung out all the time. We had to drag him away for jogging and practice. As spring wore on, Lena got more persistent, and I lost more and more sleep, spending every night running as hard as I could. With no cross country competitions, I put everything I had into sprinting and relay and prayed that I could hold everything together long enough for my world not to fall apart.

Copyright © 2013 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Sad 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Poor Lena. :( And poor Bay. It makes me so sad, hearing about this part of his life. You got his feelings across brilliantly, his guilt and frustration. That said, I think this chapter was a bit too... short. I would have liked to be shown more and told less, if that makes any sense. A bit of dialogue, maybe a scene with Bay and Lena and the rest together? Just a thought. Eagerly awaiting more!

Link to comment
On 06/05/2013 06:23 AM, Thorn Wilde said:
Poor Lena. :( And poor Bay. It makes me so sad, hearing about this part of his life. You got his feelings across brilliantly, his guilt and frustration. That said, I think this chapter was a bit too... short. I would have liked to be shown more and told less, if that makes any sense. A bit of dialogue, maybe a scene with Bay and Lena and the rest together? Just a thought. Eagerly awaiting more!
yeah, i do see what you mean. i dunno, when i wrote it Bay was feeling particularly introspective. it makes way more sense that way after the next flashback. but i take your comment, maybe i will put a little scene in there one day
Link to comment

So that's when he turned his running into a runaway sport. Ifeel so bad for both Bay and Lena. But in introspection Bay should have come clean with Lena maybe not the Gay part but the best friends not lovers bit.It would be confrontational and painful as all get out, but it would have put a stop to his running away from problems. But they say hindsight is 20/20 he can't go back and fix the problem from the start now he has to come to terms with it now and work on a solution. It's time for him to grow up. Yeah I know I'm mean but Bay could be such a great guy if he would just sorta grow a pair and reach out for what he wants instead of running away.

Link to comment
On 06/05/2013 07:23 AM, Daithi said:
So that's when he turned his running into a runaway sport. Ifeel so bad for both Bay and Lena. But in introspection Bay should have come clean with Lena maybe not the Gay part but the best friends not lovers bit.It would be confrontational and painful as all get out, but it would have put a stop to his running away from problems. But they say hindsight is 20/20 he can't go back and fix the problem from the start now he has to come to terms with it now and work on a solution. It's time for him to grow up. Yeah I know I'm mean but Bay could be such a great guy if he would just sorta grow a pair and reach out for what he wants instead of running away.
give him time Daithi, he is only 15. and yeah, he's a wimp.
Link to comment

Bay is not endearing himself to me. I understand how hard it is trying to fit in, not quite comfortable with your sexuality and such, but doesn't there come a point when an inability to do something is just going to make everything worse?

Lovely chapter, I really loved the disconnect and lack of dialogue. It made everything seem a lot more distant than it actually was, considering it was only two years ago. LOVE~<3

Link to comment

Bay will never be able to outrun his true feelings.

 

I have a feeling that Lena will figure it out soon enough. Hopefully she won't be an ass like Bay was to Alex. Hopefully she'll be a really good friend. I think he will be really relieved if she knows and doesn't give him shit about it. He needs someone he can be himself with.

 

Ok, next chapter: Isaac. lol =)

Link to comment
On 06/05/2013 10:31 AM, said:
Bay is not endearing himself to me. I understand how hard it is trying to fit in, not quite comfortable with your sexuality and such, but doesn't there come a point when an inability to do something is just going to make everything worse?

Lovely chapter, I really loved the disconnect and lack of dialogue. It made everything seem a lot more distant than it actually was, considering it was only two years ago. LOVE~<3

aww, thanks hun.

I hope you'll love Bay eventually.

Link to comment

lucky Bay :)

 

but kind of shows Bay in a bad light, a bit too much. Wish an intelligent and sharp girl like Lena had never let things drag on for long.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..