Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 1,191 Words
  • 7,629 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bad Stereotypes - 9. Sunday 11th December 2010

I punched the air as I crossed the finish line, six lengths ahead of the nearest runner, a guy who attended the other major school in town. I jogged ahead a little, curved off to where I could see our coach, my parents and the rest of the school’s supporters cheering. I won, and I won well, five miles of cross country through fields and woodland and I came in a safe first. Coach was ecstatic, clapped me around the shoulders before anyone else and told me how proud he was. After that it was all hugs and shouting as the others came in and our school took third, fourth and eighth. New kid Sarver was gonna get cut from the team. Despite that, we scored enough points to win the race outright, but only just.

I stretched out, pulled my sweats on over my running shorts and zippered up a team hoodie as my came-in-third running buddy Alex handed me a bottle of water.

“Jesus Bay. I honestly thought you were never gonna stop.”

I raised an eyebrow at him and grinned, which seemed to be answer enough. I liked Alex, and Alex liked to talk.

“I could barely keep up with you after the first two miles. All of coaches ‘Just keep your eyes on his shoulders and follow’ was starting to get a bit useless there. You took off like a rocket and just kept going.”

“Thanks?”

“Course I wasn’t looking at your shoulders.”

I snuck a glance at Alex, and watched him look me quickly up and down, a cheeky sort of smile tugging at his lips. His lips were really pink. I felt myself start to blush, and hoped that my panting sweating post-run flush covered my reaction. I swallowed audibly.

“Um…”

“You wanna come over later Bay?”

“Yeah,” my voice caught in my throat, “I better ask mum though.” I could feel my heart start up again. Having just run five miles anyone would have thought that my adrenaline would be more sluggish.

“You’re expected.” Alex smiled at me, winked, and I could feel him watching me as I drank my water.

After being handed a big shiny gold medal on a blue and yellow ribbon, my parents were more than happy to let me go and spend the evening with one of my teammates. At fifteen, we were still young enough to be able to handle our evenings being called ‘sleepovers.’ I showered when I got home, hung my gold medal on my wall, where it took pride of place next to the collection of others I’d amassed over the last few years. Plenty of bronze, a host of silvers, and a small handful of gold medals. There was also a little silver cup, third place and team win for last year’s county finals. I dressed in jeans, a red t-shirt and a thick knitted black jumper with a chunky ribbed texture. Mum had bought it for me for the winter, and last time Alex had seen me wearing it he’d looked at me in a way that had made me blush. Lots.

I grabbed my toothbrush and a change of underwear (nice boxers, not ones that mum had bought for me, black and sort of satiny) and waved to mum as I left for the evening. Alex lived across town a little bit, and it was an alright sort of walk, even if it was chilly out. I texted him as I walked, but I was surprised when I reached the end of his road to find him waiting for me.

“Hey there running man.”

“Hi Alex.”

“You look nice.” Alex checked me up and down as I got within arm’s reach, “Tasty.”

“Alex…” I wanted to whine, to make him stop. The hot, tight, uncomfortable and fucking amazing feeling in my crotch and heart and abdomen blooming and making me dizzy. And at the same time, I so didn’t want him ever to stop looking at me like that.

“Come on then buddy,” Alex nudged my shoulder with his own, and the contact sizzled electrically all down my arm. “Dinner time.”

Winners get treats, and Alex’s mum laid on pizza and crisps, chocolate and all sorts of fizzy stuff for her ‘winning boys’, and we got left alone in Alex’s roof-room to enjoy our success. Alex stuck on a DVD, neither of us paid attention, and we sat on the bed and ate pizza, chatted about the run and every time Alex’s knee touched mine I froze and shivered.

“You’re jumpy tonight.”

“Sorry.” I looked up from the food, “Alex?”

“Bay?”

I did know how to ask for what I wanted. I walked my hand over to where our knees touched and picked at the ridged fabric of Alex’s corduroys. His hand found my own, the hot press press of skin on skin. My heart leap up a few gears, my erection wasn’t far behind.

“Hey…” I looked away from our joined hands, to find Alex watching me softly, with shuttered eyes, the blue shaded with long lashes, “This is nice.”

“Yeah.”

The film finished and the credits faded into darkness while we sat staring at each other on the bed. Alex was the first to swallow nervously.

“You wanna watch another film?”

I think I nodded.

Alex went to the computer and scrolled through for a film. I shuffled on the bed, and went he got back, the food was cleared and Alex sat down against the headboard and moved his body in such a way that meant that the only obvious place to sit was right by his side. Alex dropped his arm around my shoulders and I took that as permission to curl into his side as the title’s showed us a dreary London suburb and a title in fantastical colours.

“What are we watching?”

“It’s called ‘Beautiful Thing’ I like you’ll like it.” Alex’s hand was warm and soft on the back of my neck where my jumper was open and Alex’s fingers plucked at the chunky knit of my jumper. “It’s about these two boys who… oh you’ll see.”

Watching the film was hard with Alex warm and soft and hard down my side and though he was distracting neither of us moved much. I kept my hand resting on his abdomen, focusing on the rise and fall of his breathing, and wondering if the tightness in my trousers was ever going to go away.

“Bay…” I turned to look at him, and found Alex’s eyes inches from my own, his breath hot and moist on my cheek, “Can I kiss you?”

“Yes…” it was more a breath with shape than a word, and Alex closed the space between us and pressed his lips against mine. Pink lips tasted like salt and vinegar, but Alex was soft, even though my heart was going a million miles an hour, and when his lips moved against mine, I opened my mouth to him. The explosion in my mind was worth every half started blush and nervous touch during school or training. Alex’s kiss was tasty and perfect.

Copyright © 2013 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

You know, I have seen several errors throughout the story, but I find as you write, there's less and less of them. None of them have really taken away from the story for me though. This chapter was great and your writing gets better and better. keep up the good work! :read::thumbup:

Link to comment

Oh my, you weren't kidding with that little spoiler this afternoon!

I know 3 yrs is a very long time, especially at the higher end of the teen years, but I am getting the distinct feeling that however things ended with Alex is part of what is coloring Bay's shyness now.

Here is to young love, and how it can affect the rest of ones life!

As for the few errors, you have been very up front all along that you post un-edited. If the few spelling and grammatical errors bother these people, let em cut and paste to a word program and run spell check first then read!

Link to comment

So glad that Bay finally had a good experience with being gay. Even if it doesn't last, at least he knows what being in love should feel like. And I suppose he must have had some memories that would make him want to come out and live his life truly. Otherwis he would have stayed in the closet and hated himself forever.

Link to comment
On 06/01/2013 09:32 AM, Kitt said:
Oh my, you weren't kidding with that little spoiler this afternoon!

I know 3 yrs is a very long time, especially at the higher end of the teen years, but I am getting the distinct feeling that however things ended with Alex is part of what is coloring Bay's shyness now.

Here is to young love, and how it can affect the rest of ones life!

As for the few errors, you have been very up front all along that you post un-edited. If the few spelling and grammatical errors bother these people, let em cut and paste to a word program and run spell check first then read!

ooohhh the drama continues!

 

love that you love. thanks for supporting the non-edit

Link to comment
On 06/01/2013 09:40 AM, Timothy M. said:
So glad that Bay finally had a good experience with being gay. Even if it doesn't last, at least he knows what being in love should feel like. And I suppose he must have had some memories that would make him want to come out and live his life truly. Otherwis he would have stayed in the closet and hated himself forever.
one point, you are correct!

Also, generally thanks. him and Alex are kind of squishy cute aren't they?

Link to comment

Aww, a fluffy chapter! <3 Alex seems absolutely adorable. And yay, tip of the hat to Beautiful Thing! You know how much I love that film! :D Great chapter, very sweet.

Link to comment

I really like Alex. He starts off so cocky and sure of himself, but really, he's just as shy and insecure as Bay.

 

I wonder what happened between them and if it's the reason for Bay wanting to run away.

Link to comment

Ha, good thing that I'm not a native speaker - I didn't even notice the errors the others mentioned :) though I have to wonder - does one read stories for the story or to search for errors?

I wonder what happened to Alex... I get the feeling that Bays hate for flamboiant guys isn't as intense, but I have no clue where I get the feeling from. Maybe Alex broke up with Bay and got together with someone flamboiant? Looking forward to the next chapter

Link to comment
On 06/01/2013 11:01 AM, Thorn Wilde said:
Aww, a fluffy chapter! <3 Alex seems absolutely adorable. And yay, tip of the hat to Beautiful Thing! You know how much I love that film! :D Great chapter, very sweet.
thank you sweetie. see, I'm not mean to him all the time.
Link to comment
On 06/01/2013 03:22 PM, ninecila said:
Ha, good thing that I'm not a native speaker - I didn't even notice the errors the others mentioned :) though I have to wonder - does one read stories for the story or to search for errors?

I wonder what happened to Alex... I get the feeling that Bays hate for flamboiant guys isn't as intense, but I have no clue where I get the feeling from. Maybe Alex broke up with Bay and got together with someone flamboiant? Looking forward to the next chapter

you'll just have to wait for the next flashback to find out won't you? I am cruel...
Link to comment

Oh the joys of first kisses. I bet you can vividly remember yours!

:P

Hmmmmmmm, suddenly not sure I can remember which one was the first one for me! :funny:

I can remember the one that counted! :P

Yes these flash backs are pretty cool, and my earlier fears were unfounded. Well mastered Sasha. Really enjoying your writing style.

:worship:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..