Jump to content
    Sasha Distan
  • Author
  • 3,174 Words
  • 4,809 Views
  • 29 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lonely At The Top - 3. Chapter 3

“Hey Jimmy!” Nathan raised his hand to his friend with a wide grin, “How you doin’, man?”

“Hey, Nate,” Jimmy smiled, but Nathan didn’t miss the slight delay in his old friend’s greeting, and he frowned slightly. “What’s up?” Nathan looked past his friend to see Clem’s big black and dusty Ford truck pulled up to the curb, and watched as Clem, Ashlee, and two other people he vaguely recognised as their friends from Louisiana, climbed out and with a glance head into the diner ahead of Jimmy. Nathan knew instantly, he would be going somewhere else to find his lunch.

“Not much; the horse sale went well. I thought maybe some of the guys might be around tomorrow night to have a bit of a drink and such.”

“Um…” Jimmy hesitated.

“I’ll bring a keg out to the river and we’ll jus’ have a drink, eh? It’ll be like being back in high school.”

“High school was ten years ago Nate.”

“Your point bein’?” Nathan arched an eyebrow at his friend. It wasn’t as though they hadn’t just left school and continued being outstanding at throwing a party in a field.

“I’m sorry Nate.” Nathan didn’t say anything into the obvious gap Jimmy left at the end of his sentence. “Look, you ain’t been around much, an’ I dunno if the guys would come out to your place for a rowdy sort of tailgate party anymore.”

“What?” Nate scowled, “What, do you mean ‘the guys won’t come’ because fuckin’ Clem Linton an’ his girly-boy won’t be there?”

Jimmy bit back whatever he’d been about to say, and Nathan could feel the tension twang in the air like a rubber band.

“We all like Ashlee,” Jimmy said eventually, “he’s a good guy, he makes Clem happy, and it’s a done deal now – they bought a farm together for Christ’s sake! You’ve jus’ gotta let it go Nathan.”

“Whatever,” Nathan spun on his heel, “never-fuckin’-mind.” Just as he was about to walk away, Jimmy spoke again, his voice unusually quiet.

“Don’t go burnin’ all your bridges Nate; it’s a long swim across that river.”

Nathan’s shoulders bristled with anger, but he didn’t turn around; instead simply shoved his hands in his jacket pockets and stalked back to his truck. Five phone calls and five bullshit excuses later, Nathan was quite seriously considering smashing his cell phone into smithereens, but he resisted. Going shopping for a new one was going to be about as much fun and hassle as separating a new foal and mom for the first time, and no amount of breaking-things satisfaction was going to be worth the bother. Instead he stopped by the liquor store on the way out of town and bought enough beer to put Cayman into a state of torpor, and drove home planning the following day’s hangover.

*

Nathan didn’t like the club from the moment he stepped in. It was a lot like most clubs in that respect, because even the place where he had met Taylor had been full of twinks in eyeliner, fancy drinks, and music that required the presence of a twirling disc-jockey with blue and purple hair. Nathan liked bars which played NFL games and showed PBR during the main season, where a man could sit and get a beer, and not have to talk shit to anyone if he didn’t want to. Unfortunately the chance of scoring in such a place was literally zero, because the only person who frequented those kinds of bars Nathan had ever been able to make out with had been Clem, and even then Nathan had needed to drag the young man in by his shirtsleeve. This club was a particularly bad sort, with flashy lights and alcohol only served in stupid glasses, but a large portion of the clientele were topless, and Nathan didn’t mind so much what strange hair style a tanned and well-muscled torso belonged to.

Nathan drank his bourbon neat and stood by the bar, his black felt Stetson pulled down low over his eyes, and glared out from under it at the sea of writhing bodies. His crotch had already taken notice of his surroundings, but Nathan hated that everywhere he looked his brain threw images of Taylor at him. He had never promised the other man anything, deliberately so, and their first sober conversation had been about their total lack of commitment to each other. The fact Nathan had returned to his apartment, and continued doing so for four months wasn’t technically relevant, and Nathan agreed with his erection, he should be much more interested in the really very hot young man standing at the bar who was wearing nothing but skin tight blue jeans and the waistband of a pair of bright orange boxer shorts. Nathan smiled at him, and the boy grinned back.

“Well hey, Cowboy.”

Nathan tipped his hat ever so slightly and grinned. Even in the middle of Texas, people in Austin were sort of surprised to see him in his heavy western boots and wide brimmed hat in the middle of what Nathan supposed was a rather hip and modern club: there were enough neon lights to suggest as much. Nathan figured that he may as well play up to the stereotype, after all everyone else seemed to be playing some part or other, though Nathan had no idea what some of them might be portraying.

“Howdy.”

“Not seen you here before; are you new in town?”

“Somethin’ like that,” Nathan admitted grudgingly.

The young man with the perfect tan wasn’t anything like Nathan’s usual type; not that he was unattractive. Nathan couldn’t easily imagine ever sharing a beer with someone like him, or an evening at the rodeo, and he wondered if red dirt dust looked as good on him as his airbrushed tan. But they were in the city, and Nathan found himself lost in a very fast paced conversation, most of which he couldn’t hear over the bass beat of the music. Instead he focused on the smiling shape of the young man’s lips as he spoke, and nodded along whenever his response seemed to be required. When the music next changed, the young man clapped excitedly, and bounced out of his seat, and even though Nathan’s only decent dancing skills lay in his ability to complete a quick-step without treading on anyone’s toes, his libido made him follow the really tanned young man out onto the floor. Other people apparently experienced music in a different way, because his new companion either knew how to dance or was also part snake, and Nathan didn’t want to look away from the sinuous and rhythmic way he moved his hips. It was most inspiring. But he didn’t know how to dance, and so to Nathan the next best thing was to place his hands firmly over the young man’s hips and bring his skin-tight denim clad ass up against his crotch. To his surprise, his companion twisted out of his hands with a sharp movement.

“What are you doin’?”

“I thought tha’ was kinda obvious,” Nathan smirked. The young man wasn’t standing very far away, the dance floor didn’t allow it, and Nathan ran his fingers down the young man’s spine, and reached lower for his pert little rear. This time the young man slapped his hand away, and Nathan had no trouble hearing him over the music, because he’d only ever heard that tone once before.

“Boundaries, dude! Just ‘cause I smile at you does not mean you can grab my ass!”

Nathan stepped back, and instantly bumped into someone. He glanced up between apologies to find the tanned young man was still waiting for a response, and Nathan couldn’t think of a single reasonable thing to say to him. The tone of voice, the indignation, the same stern glare; and it was like none of the past three and a half years had ever happened. Nathan spun on his heels, bashed into someone else he didn’t even see, and fled without apologising.

He’d had two drinks, but that didn’t matter nearly as much as getting away. Nathan pulled himself up into the cab of his super shiny truck and floored the gas pedal. He knew how to get to Taylor’s fancy apartment from pretty much anywhere in the city, and Nathan barely had to look at the road as he drove. It was a particular advantage, because Nathan could hear nothing beyond the frantic thumping of his heart and the voice of the boy in the club, who had somehow managed to sound exactly like Clem had done the day he’d come to the ranch, and Nathan had known they were through forever. Nathan could deal with his father’s irrational rage and perverse anger well enough, but he wasn’t used to that tone of disappointment coming from anyone else.

“It’s me.”

“Nate?” Taylor’s voice sounded sort of worried on the other end of the speaker system, “it’s really late.”

“I know,” Nathan scowled and shoved his hands in his pockets, “it’s fuckin’ cold too. Will you let me in already?”

There was a long moment of radio silence, and just as Nathan was seriously starting to consider walking away, the buzzer sounded and he shouldered his way through the door before stalking across the entrance hall with its fancy chequered floor. Taylor opened his apartment door as Nathan got there, and he wasted no time in pulling the other man up against his chest, running his fingers through Taylor’s thick hair and invading him with his tongue. Taylor made a noise of surprise and shock, but Nathan overrode his token resistance as he stepped into the house, bringing Taylor with him, and continued to ravage his lover.

“Nate…” Taylor tried to step away from him, but Nathan held him tight and pulled his pyjamas askew, “c’mon, cowboy; let go…”

Nathan growled, spun Taylor around and worked his hand into his lover’s underwear and probed his firm tender flesh. In the week they hadn’t seen each other, Nathan had missed the human contact of the other man. He had also missed Taylor’s ready smile and his easy company, but that wasn’t what played on his mind as he felt his partner up hurriedly. In Nathan’s mind, an image solidified of the two of them fucking with reckless abandon, and the big cowboy wanted to get to it as quickly as possible. Taylor though, had other ideas.

“Nate, stop!”

“No,” Nathan growled against the back of his neck, holding onto his lover whilst undoing his own jeans. The stud buttons slipped through his thick fingers and he scowled.

“Nathan!” Taylor used his shoulders and threw the cowboy off his back, turned, and instantly held both hands out to keep Nathan away. Nathan grabbed his wrist anyway, and a moment later received a slap around the head that made his vision blur for a moment. “What the hell is wrong with you?”

Nathan reached out to him again, but Taylor flinched away like he was scared of the big man, and Nathan recognised the movement. Clem had been scared of him and had tried to get away, but Nathan had gone after him anyway. Without a conscious effort to stay upright, Nathan staggered, knocked into the breakfast bar and slid to the floor. Taylor vanished from his line of sight, and just as Nathan thought he was about to spend the night alone on the hard tile flooring, the beautiful man reappeared with a large glass of water and sat down in front of him as he handed it over.

“Drink.”

Nathan obeyed the instruction instantly.

“Now, what the fuck was that all about?”

“I missed you.”

“You got a funny way of showin’ it, cowboy. When I say ‘no’, I bloody well mean it.”

Nathan took a deep breath, but he didn’t feel any better than he had. His mind felt crushed, weighed down by all his anger and resentment, and his father’s hatred and disappointment; it was hard to feel anything good through the thick layer of independence he’d built up around his heart. But even though Taylor was watching him closely, all Nathan could see was Clem’s blue eyes, full of pain and scared to death about what was happening.

“I raped my boyfriend.”

Taylor blinked twice, frowned, and as he shifted his weight, Nathan simply held out his palm without touching him, silently begging him not to go.

“Three years ago,” Nathan explained hollowly, “I hurt him.”

“Why?”

“Because I knew I was going to lose him.”

“Oh, Nate…”

To Nathan’s surprise, Taylor did not sound angry, nor did he get up and walk away or demand Nathan leave his house. Instead, he shuffled closer, reached out, and brushed Nathan’s cheek with the pad of his thumb. Not until he saw the wetness did Nathan realise he was crying. His vision blurred, his lungs refused to work for a moment before he took in a huge gulping breath, and by then he could not stop the torrent of tears from streaming down his cheeks. Nathan pulled his knees up to his chest, pressed his face against the denim and sobbed uncontrollably. He could not remember the last time he had cried.

The emotional outpouring was exhausting; Nathan had forgotten how much it physically hurt to cry for so long. His lungs ached, his throat was raw, and his eyes stung, but by the time he had finished crying, Nathan found Taylor’s arms wrapped around his shoulders, and he leant into the strength of the other man. Nathan rubbed his eyes, and stared up at the ceiling as he spoke.

“I knew I was losing him: he was so unhappy with the way we were.” Nathan swallowed the next sob that rose in his throat, “I meant to hurt him.”

“Nate?”

“I couldn’t-,” Nathan clenched his fist, pressing his blunt nails into his palm until it hurt, and then released the tension slowly. “I couldn’t let him be stronger than me.”

Taylor stroked his hair softly, and Nathan didn’t have any desire left to try and stop the other man from comforting him. It felt nice, and Nathan found himself wondering why he thought it was OK to brush and pet a horse, but not a man. When he reached for Taylor, the beautiful man smiled and kissed his palm. It was the softest gesture Nathan had ever known.

“What happened to him? Do you know him still?”

“Yeah, I mean, we don’t speak: ever. He bought a ranch with his ‘boyfriend’,” Nathan heard himself being derisive about Ashlee even before he’d finished speaking, and wanted to kick himself for sounding exactly like his father. “Sorry: I never liked him – for all the wrong reasons. He’s really girly… we’ve never had an actual conversation though.”

“I’m not sure anyone actually likes their ex’s new partners,” Taylor smiled softly. “C’mon cowboy, it’s really late.” Taylor took his hand and hauled them both up to their feet. Nathan felt unbalanced, unstable, and simply ran on autopilot as Taylor moved through the apartment. He’d been using a ‘spare’ toothbrush at Taylor’s for months, so Nathan brushed his teeth and left his clothes in a pile by the bed. The other man flipped off the light and slipped in beside him.

Nathan lay on his back and stared at the ceiling, listening to Taylor’s breathing slow down and even out as he fell asleep again. The big cowboy tried to blink slowly and make himself drift off, but sleep didn’t come, and Nathan turned to watch his lover dreaming. Taylor lay on his side, one arm curled up under his pillow and head, and even asleep he looked sleek and clean, masculine and strong. Nathan had never watched anyone else sleep before, because when he woke up first he always used the extra time to take advantage of his partner. Nathan had done almost exactly what Taylor had started to do to him the morning after David’s funeral, and Nathan suddenly realised how lucky he was that no one had tried to sock him in the jaw for his behaviour. He took a deep breath and found himself yawning, and with the small private resolution that he would not continue to be as intolerant as his father, Nathan fell asleep.

*

“Yeah, that’s what he said,” there was a pause, during which Nathan blinked, and tried to resist the urge to sleep, “I dunno; I think it was a while ago. He seems really torn up by it though.”

Nathan shook his head gently and pulled himself out of unconsciousness, if not actually out of the bed, and yawned into his hand as the world came into focus. Taylor was not in bed beside him, and Nathan scanned the half-dark room as he tried to find Taylor’s voice. He wasn’t there, but from the light and shapes moving through the partly open bedroom door, Nathan figured that his lover was out there. The long pauses suggested he was talking on the phone.

“No! C’mon Brody, I figured you’d give me a little more credit: of course he’s never done that to me. Jeez man, I do not let guys who attack me sleep in my bed.” Another pause, “well yeah, he’s still here. It’s early.” Taylor chuckled, “you’re all fucked up from working nights, bud. I just don’t know what to do.”

Nathan blinked. Taylor was discussing him on the phone with someone, and he had obviously told Brody the secret that Nathan had been carrying around for more than three years. Nathan buried his face in his pillow and clenched his jaw, unsure if he wanted to scream, yell, or burst into tears again. The pillow smelt of Taylor, of clean cotton and the sea spray shampoo he was fond of that came in a fancy bottle and Nathan never ever went near, and Nathan found the scent crawled up through his brain and made him smile. It wasn’t just familiar; it was good too, and Nathan wondered when he’d allowed himself to get sentimental over lingering one night stands.

“I know, I know… I didn’t sign up for this. We’re just ‘buddies’ y’know?” Taylor paused, “I’m not gonna walk away from him Brody; what kind of guy would I be if I did?”

Nathan climbed out of the bed and took the top sheet to wrap around his hips. He had made it to the open door when he heard the smile in Taylor’s voice. The other man stood in his sweats in the open kitchen, his cell against his ear, and when he saw Nathan, he gestured him forwards. Nathan went to him quickly, and put his arm around Taylor’s waist as he finished up his call.

“You would say that Brody. He’s not a bad person,” Nathan found Taylor staring into his eyes as he spoke, and he had the feeling his soul was being examined, “I can tell.”

p style="text-align:center;">Do join us in the discussion forum for shenanigans
Copyright © 2015 Sasha Distan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 61
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



So Nate does recognize his guilt with Clem and that his dislike of Ashlee isn't based on the person but on unfair profiling. He also sees his father's influence in his own actions. The realization that the people he thought were his friends really don't like him, the reaction of the boy at the club and Taylor's "no means no" seems to have brought on a deeper sense of self. There is a lot going onwith Nate ... evolution is a slow process accented by sudden change.

I like how the story is progressing, you're bringing both Nate and us to a better place.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I guess this was a major break-through ! Nate acknowledged several important matters in this chapter, starting with the fact he raped Clem and intentionally hurt him. And the decision to be less intolerant than his dad was a good one, if he can carry it out.

Taylor is a brave guy, and kind too. I hope he's successful in bringing out the good guy inside Nathan.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Nate finally admitted what he did to Clem (both the rape and the intent to hurt Clem), both to himself and to Taylor. That is a huge breakthrough for him. So is his recognizing that he can't continue to be as intolerant as his father. That's going to be hard to do, after so many years of ingrained behaviour, but it's a big deal that he wants to try. Taylor is a kind hearted guy for sticking with Nate right now. I think both Taylor and Nathan moved past the "series of one night stands" without even realizing it. Great chapter Sasha! Can't wait to see what else shakes loose with Nate next week!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I love epiphanies... they are like sign posts in our life that send us off in new directions. I have a close friend who I share a lot of parallels with and we always say to each other... we are not the people we used to be... and it's a positive thing. It means that we have learned from our mistakes. You have given Nathan that positive thing. We saw signs in the last chapter that Nathan knew he possessed a wrongness. Here, we see him actually care enough to examine the circumstances of his life and own his actions and and allow himself to recognize fully, what he always perceived...that he was a clone of a father that really only causes pain. Owning up to what he did to Clem was important, but the real epiphany was telling Taylor the why of it. He KNEW Clem was unhappy but was powerless to stop himself from the certain crash and burn. All it takes is one person to tell him he is worth the effort, to see him at his worst and still accept him... It is empowering for a man who doesn't just know he should change, but at last has reached a point that he wants to. Going to Taylor, while he was on the phone showed an open element of need and trust that we had not seen before. I have real hope now. Taylor is a man with a heart, who doesn't walk away when things are tough. Exactly what Nathan needs, as he is finally on the road to personal redemption. No man is an island... and Nathan wants the hand that is being offered. Sorry for being long winded but you have made my day start off bright...Once again I thank you, Sasha... Cheers...Gary

  • Love 1
Link to comment

YES! :worship: Beautiful chapter, Sasha. Just perfect.. You held the tension really well, I was worried he was going to sneak out while Taylor was on the phone!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Finally, a breakthrough! I like the way you handled his realization and subsequent admission to Taylor. It's nice that Taylor will be there for him as Nate attempts to fix what's broken. Now to emancipate himself from the threads of intolerance and self loathing that tether him to his father.. Great chapter.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Loving the changes underway with Nate. Not gonna be fun or pretty for him, but his self-discovery is gonna be good. And very much happy about Taylor's involvement--he seems to be one of the few people that "gets" Nate, and can manage him!

Good job, intriguing story!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

This was a very touching chapter. I could really feel Nate's pain. Seeing himself for real for the first time and really not liking what he sees... That's tough!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2015 10:38 PM, dughlas said:
So Nate does recognize his guilt with Clem and that his dislike of Ashlee isn't based on the person but on unfair profiling. He also sees his father's influence in his own actions. The realization that the people he thought were his friends really don't like him, the reaction of the boy at the club and Taylor's "no means no" seems to have brought on a deeper sense of self. There is a lot going onwith Nate ... evolution is a slow process accented by sudden change.

I like how the story is progressing, you're bringing both Nate and us to a better place.

Nate does recognize all these things - now! It's only taken him nearly 4 years!

a better place is right around the corner, but it's gonna take some work to get there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2015 10:49 PM, Timothy M. said:
I guess this was a major break-through ! Nate acknowledged several important matters in this chapter, starting with the fact he raped Clem and intentionally hurt him. And the decision to be less intolerant than his dad was a good one, if he can carry it out.

Taylor is a brave guy, and kind too. I hope he's successful in bringing out the good guy inside Nathan.

yeah; me too.

the truth hits all at once sometimes, poor Nate is taking a pummeling.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2015 11:16 PM, LitLover said:
Nate finally admitted what he did to Clem (both the rape and the intent to hurt Clem), both to himself and to Taylor. That is a huge breakthrough for him. So is his recognizing that he can't continue to be as intolerant as his father. That's going to be hard to do, after so many years of ingrained behaviour, but it's a big deal that he wants to try. Taylor is a kind hearted guy for sticking with Nate right now. I think both Taylor and Nathan moved past the "series of one night stands" without even realizing it. Great chapter Sasha! Can't wait to see what else shakes loose with Nate next week!
thank you LitL.

I think you're right. those two have become invested in that relationship, without even trying.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/07/2015 02:18 AM, Headstall said:
I love epiphanies... they are like sign posts in our life that send us off in new directions. I have a close friend who I share a lot of parallels with and we always say to each other... we are not the people we used to be... and it's a positive thing. It means that we have learned from our mistakes. You have given Nathan that positive thing. We saw signs in the last chapter that Nathan knew he possessed a wrongness. Here, we see him actually care enough to examine the circumstances of his life and own his actions and and allow himself to recognize fully, what he always perceived...that he was a clone of a father that really only causes pain. Owning up to what he did to Clem was important, but the real epiphany was telling Taylor the why of it. He KNEW Clem was unhappy but was powerless to stop himself from the certain crash and burn. All it takes is one person to tell him he is worth the effort, to see him at his worst and still accept him... It is empowering for a man who doesn't just know he should change, but at last has reached a point that he wants to. Going to Taylor, while he was on the phone showed an open element of need and trust that we had not seen before. I have real hope now. Taylor is a man with a heart, who doesn't walk away when things are tough. Exactly what Nathan needs, as he is finally on the road to personal redemption. No man is an island... and Nathan wants the hand that is being offered. Sorry for being long winded but you have made my day start off bright...Once again I thank you, Sasha... Cheers...Gary
I love your review the most. *hug*

Taylor is a good person, and he has faith in Nathan. You're right, Nathan needs faith right now.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/07/2015 03:24 AM, Irritable1 said:
YES! :worship: Beautiful chapter, Sasha. Just perfect.. You held the tension really well, I was worried he was going to sneak out while Taylor was on the phone!
thank you Irri! It's been a while since I made you that impressed.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/07/2015 04:04 AM, Defiance19 said:
Finally, a breakthrough! I like the way you handled his realization and subsequent admission to Taylor. It's nice that Taylor will be there for him as Nate attempts to fix what's broken. Now to emancipate himself from the threads of intolerance and self loathing that tether him to his father.. Great chapter.
thanks very much. I really didn't think Nathan could have coped with his only friend walking out on him too...
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/07/2015 04:05 AM, Robert Rex said:
Loving the changes underway with Nate. Not gonna be fun or pretty for him, but his self-discovery is gonna be good. And very much happy about Taylor's involvement--he seems to be one of the few people that "gets" Nate, and can manage him!

Good job, intriguing story!

thanks very much. and you're right, its not gonna be all plain sailing for him - but at least he's trying
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/07/2015 04:18 AM, Puppilull said:
This was a very touching chapter. I could really feel Nate's pain. Seeing himself for real for the first time and really not liking what he sees... That's tough!
yeah it is. poor Nate.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/07/2015 05:41 AM, Stuff15 said:
About time Nate gets right with the world. Great chapter!
he's had the realization - now he just needs to work at it!
  • Like 1
Link to comment

FINALLY!!! The light bulb turned on!! There's hope for Nate. He realized what type of person he had been and has resolved to change. It's going to be tough to break the conditioning of a lifetime but with Taylor's help I believe he will. I adore Taylor and something tells me that eventually he will be the catalyst that allows Nate to make amends to Clem. I want that to happen and I want Nate to become part of the gang again. He needs them in order to grow into the person we're all rooting for. Great chapter. :2thumbs:

  • Love 1
Link to comment

Wow! Nathan is such a lucky butt to meet someone who's willing to see the good buried underneath all of his cr...stuff. I'm in love with Taylor. He's a godsend!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow, it seems the cork came out of the bottle finally! he's been hating himself so much for his actions I think and he just kept making it worse by acting more like the intolerant ass of a father that he can't stand. I think Nate is meant to run that farm, but being there is destroying him. I wonder if he can continue to be under his father's thumb and turn into the person he wants to be and who Taylor sees. I am surprised he wasn't angry at Taylor for telling his secret like that and talking about him where he could hear it. I think in that he'd have been justified.

I had to smile when I saw you put 'bloody' into Taylor's words. I wonder if he will ride English. haha... but great chapter. I can't wait to see if Nate can reconnect with his friends. I think Jimmy was a bit cold, but I think everyone has had enough of the Nate that he's become.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 02/07/2015 12:46 PM, LadyDe said:
FINALLY!!! The light bulb turned on!! There's hope for Nate. He realized what type of person he had been and has resolved to change. It's going to be tough to break the conditioning of a lifetime but with Taylor's help I believe he will. I adore Taylor and something tells me that eventually he will be the catalyst that allows Nate to make amends to Clem. I want that to happen and I want Nate to become part of the gang again. He needs them in order to grow into the person we're all rooting for. Great chapter. :2thumbs:
thank you.

I echo your sentiment - it's taken the man long enough to wake up and smell the idiocy!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/07/2015 04:47 PM, Moku_Sui said:
Wow! Nathan is such a lucky butt to meet someone who's willing to see the good buried underneath all of his cr...stuff. I'm in love with Taylor. He's a godsend!
Nathan is lucky, and Taylor is a saint!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/07/2015 05:31 PM, Cannd said:
Wow, it seems the cork came out of the bottle finally! he's been hating himself so much for his actions I think and he just kept making it worse by acting more like the intolerant ass of a father that he can't stand. I think Nate is meant to run that farm, but being there is destroying him. I wonder if he can continue to be under his father's thumb and turn into the person he wants to be and who Taylor sees. I am surprised he wasn't angry at Taylor for telling his secret like that and talking about him where he could hear it. I think in that he'd have been justified.

I had to smile when I saw you put 'bloody' into Taylor's words. I wonder if he will ride English. haha... but great chapter. I can't wait to see if Nate can reconnect with his friends. I think Jimmy was a bit cold, but I think everyone has had enough of the Nate that he's become.

Well if you keep that much pressure inside for long enough!

Nate needed not to be angry with Taylor, even though he was sharing his secret, because if he'd been angry he would have felt like he was like his father.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

What a powerful chapter, Sasha! It was so emotional, I was crying right along with Nate. And I used to HATE NATE! I'm warming up to him now.

 

That was some breakthrough he had: acknowledging what he did to Clem (on purpose), feeling guilty about it, realizing that he didn't want Clem to be stronger than him, b/c lord knows, he must be the strongest one in the relationship, otherwise he might be "the girl". God forbid! :no:

 

All that crying was so cathartic. He finally broke down in sobs b/c he never let himself do that before. B/c of course it wasn't "manly". Men don't cry and all that shit. And Taylor was there to hold him and comfort him and thankfully, he let him.

 

I hope now he can fully see and understand the error of his ways. I do agree with the reviewers who said he really needs to get away from his father. His father is toxic; he's a poison who has been infecting his son, and Nate has to get away from him. That's the only way he'll get the poison out of his mind. The more he sees his father, the more his father reminds him of what real men do and don't do and all that other shit.

 

Oh, I really liked 'outstanding at throwing a party in a field'. lol. :lol:

 

Terrific chapter, Sasha!

  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..