Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lust in London - 4. Chapter 4

The next day rolled around and Alex was breathless with anticipation. It was finally sunny out and a perfect temperature of 75 degrees. Both men were in shorts and polo shirts as they parked the car, gathered their picnic gear, and set out. They chose a spot in Hyde Park where they could talk privately. It was a bit further into the park than Alex would’ve liked; but he followed along anyway. Something about the handsome Mason made him want to follow the man anywhere. Now, if he could just figure out what it was.

Alex looked around at the scenery surrounding them. The picturesque lake was calm save for a few ripples echoing from the ducks that swam in its depths. There were towering trees of every type and size. Their leaves were full and lush on the branches. Birds fluttered in and out of the catacombs of nests they’d made for their young. The only other sounds were the buzzing of honeybees and wasps. Alex ducked from time to time, and Mason stifled a laugh.

“Don’t swat at them, they’ll attack you!”

“Better them than me! I hate bugs. Come on; let’s sit away from the flowers.”

Mason nodded and smiled coyly. They walked away from the monstrous flowering shrubs of roses and irises. Alex took a moment and looked into his companion’s eyes. He could finally see they were the truest ocean blue. He wanted to stare into the eyes for as long as possible without freaking Mason out; yet he couldn’t look away.

“Something wrong, Alex? You’ve been staring at me for five minutes.” Alex was embarrassed at being called out. He didn’t want the stigma of looking like a lovesick puppy.

“I…just like looking at your eyes. They are such an unusual color. Sorry.”

Mason nudged Alex’s arm slightly and cupped his hairless chin. He knew it was more than that; he’d been around the block before. “Listen to me. Don’t be embarrassed about your true feelings, Alex. They are at the core of our being. Don’t ever lie to yourself.” Alex’s deep brown eyes met with Mason’s again. They continued on a survey of the man’s face, stopping most noticeably at his thin, pink lips. They stared at each other for a moment, and laughed in unison.

“Are you going to dispel the mystery of what you’re thinking right now? Or do I have to guess?”

Alex blushed and felt his body chill. He rubbed his arms and held them close to his body. Mason laid his hand on Alex’s small knees. Just his touch sent a shockwave through the young man’s body.

“I…wanted to kiss you. I’ve never kissed anyone before.”

Mason smiled and scooted closer to his young companion. He leaned forward and parted his lips. “Then kiss me, Alex.”

The timid young man tilted his head, and firmly but dryly matched Mason’s lips to his. A beautiful first kiss it was. They didn’t part lips yet. They exchanged a few more light kisses before the men finally leaned back on their hands.

Mason smiled and cupped Alex’s small face. “That was nice. Are you totally sure this was your first kiss?”

Alex smiled ear-to-ear. What a huge complement! Still, he played down his delight. “No. That’s my first one. Well, on a person anyway.” They both laughed.

Mason raised an eyebrow. “On a person? Holy cow, you didn’t resort to a blowup doll did you?” The two both chortled.

Alex smiled widely and shook his head. “No, no, nothing like that. I did use the back of my hand, however. No one else seemed to want to volunteer.”

Mason fit his arm around Alex’s slight shoulders and brushed his pale cheek with his hand. “Well, I happily volunteer for as many kisses as you’d like.”

Alex brightened. He smiled and leaned in to hug Mason. “Thank you. I think I’d really like it if you’d show me more techniques.”

Mason winked at him and cocked a brow. “Well, I’d be more than happy to. I’ve had some experience with men.”

In all the loveliness of the day and this moment; this was the killjoy. He’d dreaded thinking of what secrets lurked in his boyfriend’s past. He wasn’t an idiot; he knew someone so hot would obviously have previous lovers. What nagged at him was what it might do to their possible future. The cautious side of Alex’s mind relit suddenly. For a while, the pilot light had gone off, snuffed by complacency. He looked Mason over. The ocean blue eyes, the long blonde, silken hair, the amazing build. He was older by just six years. Just how much experience could one attain in that time period; especially in matters of love? Alex had to know who and what he was getting involved with, a sensible precaution. He’d always been one to be cautious.

“Mason?” Alex’s voice squeaked slightly, which sparked a chortle from Mason. Alex frowned for a moment, taking the laugh as an insult. He’d always been a bit too serious.

“Yes? What is it, Alex?” Mason replied melodically. Listening to his voice was akin to hearing a lovely, flowing melody, without interruption. Alex’s tension eased and he looked into his companion’s inviting eyes. He cleared his throat, took a deep breath and spoke at last.

“Mason, how many, that is, how much experience have you had? With men that is? Have you been with quite a few? Ever been in love?”

Mason shushed him. “Whoa, slow down Alex. That’s several questions. Each of which deserves its own truthful and complete answer. You truly are a curious young man aren’t you?” He smiled a full, toothy grin and leaned in to kiss the young man. This kiss was different from the others. It was longer, softer, and a bit moister.

Mason non-verbally instructed Alex to move his lips in sync with his. Alex could feel his slight body want to move closer and fall on top of the handsome man. He found a few strands of blond hair and ran them in-between his fingers. The kiss finally stopped after what seemed to be a moment frozen in time. Both men leaned back on their hands and recovered.

“Did you like that?” Mason asked boldly.

Alex could simply nod. He was feeling too much in heat to reply at the moment. He knew now, his timeline would definitely be moved up. He sat back with his arms wrapped around his knees. Every word and motion that his companion made would be carefully noted. He sat in silence as a student watching his favorite professor.

“Since the cat has your tongue at the moment, I will answer your questions. In my 28 years on this earth as Mason Benjamin Adams, I will give you a short bio. I’ve known I was gay since I was 14, yet I dated girls to please my parents. They all ended terribly. This one girl was a farmers’ daughter, her name was Darla. Her dad came after me with a pitchfork! I ran and hid in the barn until my dad talked him down. I knew then, I would date no one else until I was of age and could make a mature decision. I left for college at 18 and met my first lover. We were roommates and together constantly. He was a nice guy. Tall, dark hair and eyes, smart as a whip. He moved on to the PhD program for philosophy while I left after attaining a mere MBA.” Mason said snidely. “His goals were far loftier than mine. Always were. We were just too different at the time. Too bad, we had such an awesome time together.” Mason paused for a moment.

Alex, who’d been listening intently, took advantage of the brief pause. “What was his name? This guy?”

Mason smiled lightly. “Elliott. Elliott Jenkins. It’s a name I haven’t spoken in over two years.” Alex saw that his companion’s total mood had changed. He’d gone from playful and funny to nostalgic and emotional. Even his voice had lost its melody. The blond ponytail that was always lying at the back had come forward and Mason released it from its elastic. The blond strands fluffed out in a lovely display, akin to a male peacock showing his virility. Alex almost swore he heard tears behind the man’s strong persona. He pursed his lips and scooted closer to his companion and put his arm across his strong shoulders.

“You don’t have to reveal anymore if you don’t want to. If it’s painful to recall…” Mason cut Alex off with a quick but deep kiss.

“Alex, I think you’ll always find that one becomes emotional when talking or even thinking about their first true love. Elliott was definitely mine.”

Alex laid his head on Mason’s shoulder and wrapped his arms around as far as they would reach. “I’m sorry, Mason.” he whispered.

“Thank you, Alex. Damn, I’m a major downer, huh? Well, I must change that at once!” Alex nodded in agreement initially, but second-guessed it. Could Mason hold a real, emotional conversation? Did he always have to bounce back to life-of-the-party mode? He fought to keep eye contact.

“It’s OK, Mason. If remembering this guy is painful, it’s ok to experience that.”

Mason nodded, but didn’t reply directly. He’d busied himself with rooting through the picnic basket. “Come, let’s eat. I’m starved.”

Alex didn’t want to, but allowed the diversion to proceed. It was early on yet in their relationship. There was no need to reveal everything all at once. They’d need to save something to be discovered later on.

The two continued their date by eating their ham and Swiss sandwiches and finished it off with a long walk around the lake. Alex enjoyed the view very much. There were just enough animals not to be overwhelming and the same for the people. The two men caught a glance of each other again. Alex smiled and stroked Mason’s hand, but pulled away quickly.

Mason caught his hand and held it softly. “Don’t pull away. Is this better?”

“Much.” They walked hand-in-hand, feeling very content with each other. They discussed all types of items, except for any mention of Elliott.

When they parted, Mason grasped Alex’s small hands and looked deeply into his dark brown eyes. “Alex, I’m sorry I was a major bummer on this date. I promise if we go out again, it’ll be far better.”

Alex dissected the sentence in his analytical mind. If we go out again? He pondered internally. Did Mason think that he was that upset about the past that the relationship was now in jeopardy? Alex had to reassure his companion. He held the pale hands firmly and looked into the ocean blue eyes before him.

“Mason, I don’t mind at all about your past relationships. Obviously he meant a great deal to you. He was your first love and you learned the most from him. As for our date, totally my fault for even asking! As for if we will go out again, I was hoping at this point it was a given. I mean, you are my boyfriend, aren’t you?”

Mason let go of Alex’s hands. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully. “Hmm, boyfriend, eh?”

Alex felt his mouth run dry, his heart rate went up, and his breathing became rapid. “Shit, that was way too direct, wasn’t it? I’m assuming way too much, aren’t I?” He backed away and attempted to walk away, but Mason restrained him.

“Come back here. You assumed correctly. I’ll be your boyfriend if you’re sure you want to be mine.”

Alex let out a much-awaited sigh of relief. He felt his head cool, his pulse slow, and his tension melt away. He saw it in Mason’s face as well. This was a defining moment for the duo and an historic one for Alex. The first boyfriend! “I’d be honored, Mason Adams.” He took the initiative this time and hiked himself up on his toes to reach his new beau’s handsome face. They pressed closer, held together by Mason’s strong arms. The duo shared a few kisses and a very long hug. Alex’s fears melted away with every kiss. His hands wanted to explore more of the muscular body in his arms. Just the very scent of Mason’s cologne made him want to bite his neck as a vampire would. Alex let his fingers intermingle in the long hair and pull him closer. Mason grinned and slipped Alex his first French kiss; a very welcome surprise! Alex felt his body becoming alive with every touch, every kiss. He wanted to admit it aloud.

“Mason…”

“Yes?”

“I….think I…”A shrill buzzing sound suddenly pierced the air, and threw Alex off balance. His toes fell to the ground and knocked him off balance. Mason caught him just in time to prevent a fall.

“Easy. It’s just my cell phone.” Alex straightened out his shirt and laughed at himself for being startled at the noise. He begrudgingly set Mason free to take the call. He watched as the man paced back and forth while talking. Alex examined every non-verbal component he could. He could tell by Mason’s raised voice and flailing free arm that the news was not good. The businessman slapped his phone closed and shoved it into his pocket.

“Bloody brits! What’re they doing now?”

“Mason?” Alex asked cautiously.

“Dammit. I’m sorry to leave on this note. There’s a meeting in 10 minutes that I have to go to.”

Alex bowed his head for a moment. “Oh. Can we get together later on, maybe even tomorrow?”

Mason straightened his hair and smoothed it back into the black elastic. He smiled at Alex. “Yes, we will. I will call you once this damn meeting is over. I like you a lot, Alex. I could tell by those kisses you like me a lot too. Am I right?”

Alex grinned and hugged Mason. “Very much. I was gonna tell you something, but it’ll keep. Go on, I’ll hear from you later.”

“If you’re sure. Ok, take it easy. Until later.” Mason gave Alex one last kiss and hug. They packed up everything and hiked back to the car.

Alex returned to his boarding house to catch up on emails and play a few hands of online poker. Paolo was home, and had a couple of soccer friends with him. He waved hello politely and bolted up to his room. He slumped down in his office chair and stared at his laptop’s screen. He debated whether to begin telling his parents of all his adventures, especially Mason. He figured they’d meet eventually if things went enough. That’d be quite the shock, however, to find out that not only was their son gay, but the friend he brought to visit was his boyfriend! Alex finally snapped out of his daydream coma after an hour and rubbed his eyes. There was a knock at the door.

“Alex? How was your date?”

“It was nice. I finally kissed someone!”

Paolo’s mouth gaped open. “You hadn’t kissed anyone before?”

Alex shook his head. “Nope. Not before today.”

“Was he any good?”

Alex shrugged. “I dunno. Nothing to compare it to except the back of my own hand. That’s how I used to practice.”

Paolo laughed. “I did too. It made it easier when the time came.”

Alex titled his head and took in his friend’s appearance. He was still in his soccer uniform, a bright ensemble in bright red paired with white. His skin tone appeared much darker and his hair was the crowning glory of it all. It was lush and full, despite being laden with sweat.

“Paolo?”

“Yeah?”

“How many others have you kissed?”

The Spaniard smiled a bit and crossed his strong, muscular legs.

“Oh, maybe about three other guys, I don’t date a whole lot.”

“Why not? You’re a good-looking guy…”

Paolo smiled. “Thanks! No, I just, don’t want to. I’m not willing to get in a relationship over here because it’ll be guaranteed short-term. I’ll find someone back home.”

“Where is home for you?”

“Kansas.”

Alex gasped! “Get out! I didn’t know you were from my state! What town?”

Paolo grinned. “Near Salina. We’re neighbors, Alex.”

“That is so cool! You can come visit me when we get back. I mean, that is, if you want to. No pressure.”

Paolo laughed softly and walked over to his friend. “I definitely hope to see you again once we’re back.” He brushed his fingers over Alex’s face and ended with a ruffling of the spiky hair. Alex could smell Paolo’s sweat, but it smelled good. The longer he stood nearby, the more he wanted to smell of it.

“You look tired. Why don’t you take a nap?”

Alex stretched a bit and yawned. “Good idea. I think I will. See you later.”

“Later.”

Paolo exited and Alex drifted off to sleep, but his mind wandered to a wonderful daydream involving the tall, handsome man. They were back in the park, kissing on the blanket near the lake. Alex found the courage to straddle his companion and kiss him intensely. They moved the blankets to a more secluded spot and hid themselves beneath it. He was just removing Mason’s shirt when…

A loud noise from downstairs awoke him abruptly and he sat up to see the time. Alex’s jaw dropped when he saw how late it had truly gotten, over three hours had passed! It was 8 o’clock, over five hours since he and Mason had parted from their picnic date.

Alex fumbled for his cell phone and checked if the man had called. To his disappointment, Alex found that he hadn’t called. Where could he be? Alex tried not to be the worrisome woman, but found it came natural to worry about the handsome Mason. Questions spun like tops in his mind. Where is he? Is he ok? Has he eaten? Why hasn’t he called? What could they possibly be talking about in that meeting? Alex had to physically grab his head and force himself to stop imagining these scenarios. Relax, chill out. He’s in a meeting, it ran late, but he’s just fine. Don’t be all jealous and possessive of your first boyfriend ever. Still, the thoughts tortured his ever-active mind. By the time 10 o’clock rolled around, Alex had worked himself into a frenzy! He literally leapt off his chair when his cell phone’s loud ringer went off. He had never been so startled by the song “The Devil Went Down to Georgia”. Alex rushed for the phone and quickly opened it; his fingers fumbled over the keys and nearly disconnected the caller.

“Hello?” a breathless Alex asked.

“Alex? Hello my boyfriend! Did I scare the living daylights outta you?”

The student laughed. This man was getting to know him all too well.

“Well, yes you did actually. Did you just get out of your meeting?”

“Unfortunately, yes. I’m starving! All they had was skunky coffee and day-old donuts. Half a stale long john doesn’t quite hold me.”

Alex laughed and smiled. His pulse was finally normal just hearing Mason’s voice again.

“Yeah, that wouldn’t do much for me either.”

“Are you tired Alex?”

“No, I caught a long nap actually. Why?”

“Well, I’d like to take you out for a late supper, if you’re game.”

Alex smiled wide. “Yes I would. Where at?”

“My hotel. The all-night diner?”

“I’d love to. What time?”

“As soon as possible, I’ll come and pick you up in 10 minutes.”

“All right. Oh, wait! I never told you my address. Got a pen?”

“I’ve got a photographic memory. What is it?”

“Eight Ivy Way.”

“Got it. See you soon Alex.”

“See you soon!”

Alex hung up the phone and tucked it into his pocket. He bolted into the bathroom for the quickest shower of his life, and preened his teeth and hair non-stop until he heard Mason knock at the front door.

Paolo bellowed from the foyer below. “Alex! Your date’s here!”

Alex wanted to run downstairs, but didn’t want to be so dramatic. He clopped down at a quick pace and greeted the man.

“Hi!” Alex said quickly and hugged Mason briefly. “Hey, want you to meet my friend, Pao-“

Mason grabbed Alex’s hands. “Sorry, no time, I left the car running. I’m starving!”

Alex shot Paolo a look. The tall Spaniard shook his head in disapproval as he was being pulled out the door.

“See you later, Paolo!”

They hurried to the car and sped away. The raven-haired man watched at the door as the car fell out of sight.

“Why’d I let him just take off with that jerk?” He shook his head and walked away slowly to the kitchen to dine alone.

Copyright 2010 S. L. Danielson All Rights Reserved
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That was weird of Mason, it really doesn´t take that long to say hello to someone, who is already standing in front of you. Very rude.

Link to comment
On 08/17/2014 06:52 AM, Headstall said:
I am thinking that Paolo would be a better choice...just saying...cheers
Hehe, everyone else who's read this liked Paolo better.
Link to comment
On 07/05/2014 03:03 PM, Suvitar said:
That was weird of Mason, it really doesn´t take that long to say hello to someone, who is already standing in front of you. Very rude.
Mason is not very cordial.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..