Jump to content
    Superpride
  • Author
  • 3,061 Words
  • 1,592 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Bound By Blood - 8. Chapter Eight

Patting my stomach, my kids, my friend, and I walked out of the restaurant with full bellies and smiles on all our faces. We decided to explore the boardwalk a bit and eventually the girls stopped by a stand where they looked at jewelry made of seashells. While the girls examined the collection available, Austin and Anthony were close by, chatting about something that was making of them both laugh hysterically.

I didn’t always understand my friend’s humor, but it seemed that Austin enjoyed and laughed at everything the man said. If only I could bring out that side of Austin more often, though, he was always closer to his mother than he was to me, which made her death even more devastating to him than the girls who didn’t have as much memory of their mother as their brother did.

It wasn’t like I hadn’t considered dating again, to meet someone, especially another woman who could be the next love of my life and be a mother to my kids. However, I knew no one could fill the deep void Annabella left behind after her passing, and I always felt like I was somehow betraying her for wanting to move on with someone else. So, for five years I remained a single father and often times the burden of raising three kids by myself became almost too overwhelming. However, I wasn’t about to let anybody into our family, feeling like Annabella was truly a one-of-a-kind person who could never be replaced.

With that said, my feelings have been a jumbled mess when Will came into my life only a week ago, making me reconsider my previous attitude towards vampires, but the also my desires for men. These homoerotic thoughts have always been apart of me since puberty which became very apparent when I watched a porno I was able to sneak into the house one time when I was fifteen years old. When I started focusing my eyes on not only the women, but the men as well, I knew I was different. I just didn’t have a word for it since I was sheltered by my parents, and that VHS tape of Beach Buns was like finding the Holy Grail to me, which I accidently found in a thrift store.

Well, I eventually found out a word, and it wasn’t the one most people in an accepting society used today, which my father used on me after catching me watching that tape one day when I thought I was home alone. God, that moment when I saw my father standing at the doorway, while I had my cock in my hand, close to release was forever seared in my mind.

My father never laid a hand on me before, so when he shouted at me as his fist collided repeatedly against my head, I knew I was beyond screwed. It was actually sort of amusing that I wasn’t disowned right then since he caught me jacking off just as the male actor on the television was cumming. I had a destiny, he kept telling me, ever since I was a child along with my brother. What that was I still didn’t know, but at least that allowed me to still have a roof over my head until I ran away at the age of eighteen. Afterwards I became a bounty hunter, got injured during a shootout, and went to the hospital where I met Annabella who was my nurse and helped me through my recovery.

With Annabella, I was able to hide my desires for men, which I wanted to do since any thoughts relating to that always brought back that memory of my father beating the shit out of me. I didn’t want to be reminded of that, thus the other side of my sexuality was locked and forgotten… Well, almost forgotten. I didn’t know why, but my attraction for Will overrode that traumatic memory, and all I could think about was what Will feel like against my body and so much more.

As I got lost in my thoughts, I sensed someone looking back at me, and I looked to see Will not too far away with his hands in my pockets and looking sexy as hell.

I waved at Will, feeling a fluttery sensation in my chest. He smiled and walked towards me until we were face to face. I didn’t notice this before, but he had some freshly scented cologne that wasn’t too overbearing like when people drenched themselves in deodorant spray or perfume. It was a very pleasant scent; if only I could step closer and inhale that hotness close to his neck.

“Did you enjoy your meal, Damien?” Will asked nonchalantly.

“Yeah, I did. Even had dessert,” I said.

“That’s great. I only had lobster and a couple of beers…but I could go for dessert as well.”

Will looked me up and down, and before I would’ve been disgusted by a vampire’s gaze on my body. Now though, I wanted to be assured that Will had some attraction towards me, much preferably a lot despite the fact that I was now in my forties and not the young, virile man I once was.

“Hi, Will! Look at these seashell necklaces!” Isabel spoke, holding out a necklace to him.

“Oh, that’s very pretty, sweetie. You know, I have a friend who’s an expert on all things sea life, and he told me this particular shell on the center belongs to a mythical hermit crab species that use their shells to vocally communicate with humans.”

“Wow! That’s so cool! Dad, can I buy it?”

“Are you going to use your own money this time?” I asked.

Isabel nodded, and I reluctantly nodded back. Thankfully, both Isabel and Joanna only gave five dollars each for a seashell necklace and tiara to the kind-looking woman who had a mixture of different-colored hair braids.

“Was this friend of yours the one who you had dinner with?” I asked Will.

“Yes, we rarely see each other now, and I thought it would be nice to hangout when he came to visit from his home at the Pacific,” Will answered.

“Oh, you mean Hawaii?”

“Yeah, sure. Definitely Hawaii.”

I raised an eyebrow at that comment and that was when Anthony and my son approached us.

“Are we ready to go home?” Anthony asked, looking at Will with a wary expression in his eyes.

“Actually…Damien, do you mind if I chat with you?” Will asked.

“Oh, sure! Um…Anthony? Austin? Mind watching the girls? We won’t be long.”

Anthony just nodded and said, “I’ll just take them back to the car. We’ll wait for you there.”

I smiled at Anthony, tossing my keys to him before walking away with Will by my side.

“Those are nice girls you have there,” Will complimented. “They’re identical twins, right?”

“Indeed they are. They’re bratty sometimes, which might be because I spoil them too much. I guess to compensate for the fact that I’m not always there for them.” Sighing, I then said, “Just recently they asked for an expensive dollhouse and a brand-new camera. Joanna is really into doll customizing, and Isabel wants to do stop-motion animation, hence the gifts. I have plenty of money now, all thanks to you. However, I don’t want to just buy their affection, even if it’s for their upcoming birthday.”

“Oh, a birthday. Throwing a party for them?”

“That’s the plan. Next Saturday. Hopefully that’ll be enough… Anyways, I doubt that’s what you wanted me to talk about… How about you? Did you get a promotion from your king after the mission?”

Will chuckled and said, “I didn’t get a promotion, but he was very proud that I was able to complete every objective of the mission without any human casualties, and even more. I couldn’t have done it without you, Damien.” Stopping, he turned to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. “The coexistence of humans and vampires is still intact because of you, and that’s why my offer still stands.”

“And what offer is that?” I said, pretending to act dumb.

“I think you know. Going out, with me.”

“A date, you mean.”

Moving his hand to caress my cheek, Will said, “Whatever you want it to be.”

I smiled, I smiled like a teenager who was just asked to prom by his high-school crush. This feeling, I couldn’t describe it, only that it felt amazing and that I wanted more. But then I thought about my family; Isabel, Joanna, and Austin, and I wondered what they would think if they knew I wanted to be with a vampire.

Placing my hand on top of Will’s, I then said, “I…I don’t know, Will. I have to think about my family first, and…”

“It doesn’t have to be serious, at least not yet,” Will said, still looking hopeful.

“Yeah, but…it’s complicated. If you don’t know. I’m still adjusting after my wife, Annabella, died, so I don’t have a ton of experience with other people in terms of dating and…just look at me. I’m in my forties now. Why would someone like you want someone as old as me?”

Will stepped back and laughed heartily which made me wonder what was so amusing. “I’m sorry, Damien, but technically I’m the older one here, being more than a century older to be more precise.”

“Oh…right.” I suddenly felt dumb, forgetting he was much older than who he appeared to be. “So, I’m guessing you have a ton of experience then, huh?”

“Not a ton, but enough to know when someone is attracted to me, and to whom I find very attractive in return.” Grasping my bicep with his hand, Will then moved his hand towards my own and held it. “I don’t want to play games with you, Damien. I think you’re sexy as fuck, and I want to get to know you more…and I have a feeling you want the exact same thing.”

Feeling our fingers twine together, I looked into Will’s blue eyes that suddenly looked warm and said, “You’re right. I am attracted to you, and the fact that I didn’t allow you to give me that release back during the mission was probably one of the worst mistakes I made in recent memory.” Licking my lips, I continued by saying, “But…even if things become serious…what about the future? What about when I’m in my eighties, and you’re still looking like you’re in the prime of your life? What then?”

“Don’t think that way. Just live your life at the moment. I know that’s easy for me to say, considering I don’t have to worry about aging. But thinking too much about the future, like the past, can cause you to neglect living in the present. Let’s just take this a step at a time, and we’ll see how it goes. All right?”

Looking at Will’s face that was so youthful, yet so wise at the same time, made me reconsider my life once again. After Annabella’s death, I swore I would never associate myself with vampires and neither would my children. Now, Will was making think so much differently and making me become an entirely different person based on my newfound beliefs that superseded my old ones that I thought were already set in stone in my mind.

Looking at the ocean that was gleaming because of the full moon, I returned my eyes on Will and said, “I’ll be busy at my job as a security guard, especially since I missed a couple days of work and this is my last vacation day. So, how about this? I’m inviting you to my twins’ birthday party next Saturday, and afterwards when the party is over and my kids are fast asleep, I’ll serve you…dessert. Would you like that?”

“That sounds amazing. I’m going to have to arrive a little later though, during the evening. You know, considering.” Will looked up at the sky.

“Of course. Come as soon as you’re able to, and we can take it from there.”

Will smiled, and I smiled even more. It seemed that was the end of that as Will took a step back, releasing his hold on my hand in the process. I then pulled him back quick and placed my lips on his. I could hear him gasp, most likely surprised that I made this move, being the more hesitant one of the two of us. However, he quickly relaxed and returned my kisses which made me feel like I was floating on clouds. His lips, though cooler than expected, were so soft and plump. I couldn’t stop myself from kissing him more, and it was obvious that Will loved every moment of our lips pressed together as well.

I wanted even more, but that unfortunately interrupted when I heard someone clear their throat close by. I was about to tell them to mind their own business, but I turned to see Anthony, of all people, looking at me. With narrowed eyes and crossed arms, he looked like a disapproving parent as he stared down the both of us with a deep frown on his face.

“The girls are getting impatient. How about you continue this chat some other time?” Anthony said, looking at Will venomously.

“He’s right. Go back to your family. I’ll see later, okay?” Will said, taking a step back.

I didn’t want Will to leave just yet, but I knew I needed to return to my family. “Yeah. See you next Saturday.”

Will smiled and walked away with his hands on his pocket.

Anthony grunted. “What the hell was that? You’ve invited him to the twin’s birthday party?”

I didn’t answer Anthony’s asinine question as I passed him and made my way back to the car. I wished I could’ve left Anthony there, so he could get a cab ride to his apartment instead, but alas, I didn’t.

The car ride home was quiet, especially since the girls and even Austin were sleepy, and they didn’t want the radio on. That was fine by me since I didn’t want any upbeat music playing that would certainly contrast with my mood right then. It was funny how only a few minutes ago I felt like I was on top of the world while kissing Will. Now I just felt pissed since Anthony had to interrupt our moment with his disapproval.

We eventually made it back to home, passing Anthony’s car that was parked on the side of the road and parked my vehicle on the driveway next to Austin’s. After turning off the engine, Austin awakened, and I asked him to help the girls get into the house. He did so without complaining, getting Isabel to wake up, while carrying Joanna in his arms. He said goodbye to Anthony who smiled at him before all three went inside with my keys.

With just the two of us in the car now, I felt I had to be the one to break the ice. “I know what you’re thinking—”

“And what exactly am I thinking, Chief?” Anthony said, turning to me. “Look I could care less that you’re into a vampire. I care even less that that vampire is another man. What I care about and what I’m thinking right now is you can suddenly be tongue deep in a someone who tranquilized and kidnapped us. And after that, threatening our lives. What the fuck, man?”

“He didn’t threaten our lives,” I said and rolled my eyes.

“Then what should’ve I assumed when I woke with his hands and feet bound up in a dark room?” Placing a hand on my shoulder, Anthony then said, “Dude, you don’t know who this vampire is. He could have ulterior motives to get to know you and your family, and then when your guard is down, he’ll bite. I’m all for you finally moving on, just not with that guy!”

“Anthony, I know your concern is genuine, but I can handle this, all right? Jesus, it’s not like I’m asking him to move in my home or anything like that.”

“Damien—”

“Hey, just mind your own damn love life, okay? When you can finally settle down with someone who isn’t a complete jerk to you, then you can talk to me.” Anthony flinched from what I just said, and when he looked down at his feet with hurt visible on his face, I sighed and said, “Anthony…I’m sorry. That came out wrong.”

“No, no. You’re right. Based on my track record when it comes to love, I’m the last person who should be judging you right now… Just want the best for you. That’s all.”

I nodded and patted Anthony’s shoulder. “I know.”

Anthony attempted a small smile before saying, “I should be going now. I’ll see you again at the twins’ birthday party?”

“Of course. See you then.”

Anthony nodded and we both exited the car. After giving him a quick goodbye, I entered my home and locked the car before closing the front door.

In the living room was my son who sitting on the couch and looking at me with worry. “Are you and Anthony okay?”

Acting quickly, I said, “Oh, yeah, we’re fine. Just had a small chat about what he’ll get for the girls’ birthday.”

“Oh, good. So, he’s still coming to the party then.”

I nodded, and then asked, “How are you, Austin?”

Tilting his head to the side, my son said, “What do you mean?”

“Nothing…just wondering if you have any girlfriends you want me to know about? If so, they’re more than welcome to come to the party next Saturday.”

“Nah, Dad. No girlfriends. Too busy with school and all. Thanks for the offer, though.” Looking around the room, Austin then said, “I’ll go upstairs and help the girls get ready for bed.”

I thanked my son, and he hurryingly went upstairs. I seriously questioned why my son hasn’t had any girlfriends or even love interests to speak of. But it was true that he was devoted to both his football team and his schoolwork, and he had a lot of time before he had to consider the possibility of settling down with someone special. And for me, that someone finally arrived in my life again.

Copyright © 2019 Superpride; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
  • Love 5
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

3 minutes ago, Wesley8890 said:

Well at least Anthony isn't a closed minded bigot. That's a good thing!

Definitely! However, the real test will be during the twins' birthday when both he and Will appear. Hopefully, everyone will remain civil for the sake of the girls.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

We now have some contextt for Damien's attraction to Will and why he left home. He's buried a part of himself for a long time. I don't think the kids will have a problem with Damien having a relationship with a man, Austin in particular won't have a problem. He's clearly got a crush on Anthony and Damien is totally oblivious.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I’m thinking Damien and Austin have some interests in common, when it comes to men. Will sounds very hot, but something isn’t 100% right. His interest in the fact that Damien’s daughters are twins was a red flag for me, but maybe just reading too much into it. Thank you, as always!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, drpaladin said:

We now have some contextt for Damien's attraction to Will and why he left home. He's buried a part of himself for a long time. I don't think the kids will have a problem with Damien having a relationship with a man, Austin in particular won't have a problem. He's clearly got a crush on Anthony and Damien is totally oblivious.

Yes, the trauma Damien experienced from the literal hands of his father caused him to hide a significant part of himself for such a long time. One has to wonder though.  Did Annabella know this side of her husband, or did he also hide this from her as well? Also, Austin's crush on his father's friend is apparent now, and hopefully he doesn't get hurt by whatever the outcome is. He's only eighteen years old after all.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, mfa607 said:

I’m thinking Damien and Austin have some interests in common, when it comes to men. Will sounds very hot, but something isn’t 100% right. His interest in the fact that Damien’s daughters are twins was a red flag for me, but maybe just reading too much into it. Thank you, as always!

Haha, yes! Like father, like son it seems. And it appears that Will is very physically appealing even though he's more than century old but still looks like he's in his twenties. More explanation to the vampires' power of immortality will come soon. And thank you again for commenting!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Even if Will were to bite Damien, he would still be a twenty-year-old and Damien is in his forties. Wouldn't that be too much of a December and May arrangement for Will, who is also an heir to royalty in the vampire community? I could foresee several bumps in the road, if not actual roadblocks by the vampire community in that case.

How should one refer to the vampires, as a community, as a nation, as a kingdom, or is there some word more fitting?

Damien's deceased wife, was named 'Annabella', that is a very Italian name. Is Italian an appropriate tag oris the name merely a coincidence? If Damian is truly progeny of one of the Apostles, would he be considered Roman or Jewish? Not that his ancestry is important, but if he is of Roman ancestry and his deceased wife was as well, that would make his children Italian/Roman a well. Just a matter of curiosity.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Will Hawkins said:

Even if Will were to bite Damien, he would still be a twenty-year-old and Damien is in his forties. Wouldn't that be too much of a December and May arrangement for Will, who is also an heir to royalty in the vampire community? I could foresee several bumps in the road, if not actual roadblocks by the vampire community in that case.

How should one refer to the vampires, as a community, as a nation, as a kingdom, or is there some word more fitting?

Damien's deceased wife, was named 'Annabella', that is a very Italian name. Is Italian an appropriate tag oris the name merely a coincidence? If Damian is truly progeny of one of the Apostles, would he be considered Roman or Jewish? Not that his ancestry is important, but if he is of Roman ancestry and his deceased wife was as well, that would make his children Italian/Roman a well. Just a matter of curiosity.

The process of vampire transformation in this world is not completely explained yet, so who knows what Damien would look like if he decides to become a vampire which would be even more complicated since he'll have to watch his kids grow up and eventually get old, while he remains in the prime of his life. And maybe Will has a thing for older-looking men, who knows? Also, vampires were once revered as gods like in Greek and Norse myth, so a kingdom or some other type hierarchical term is probably the best way to describe their society which definitely contrasts modern societies like America. And that's so cool that you dissected Annabella's name to be of Italian origin, especially since Paul the Apostle was executed at Rome, Italy and maybe that is where he continued his bloodline, making both Annabella and Damien are Italian. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..