Jump to content
    Thirdly
  • Author
  • 2,056 Words
  • 1,367 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ash's Marriage Trigger - 9. Chapter 9- Reality

The way Cove looked at Ash was both familiar and foreign at the same time. While the desire in those silvery eyes scratched at his memories, the intensity was very new. Once again, Ash felt disoriented. The horndog had always been him, not Cove. The copper-eyed man remembered having to coax the other man into all kinds of play just so that he could have his way with him.

Ash briefly wondered what Cove had done with all of their bedside paraphernalia. Crap! Was now really the time to think about that? Ash had left him like a coward and then tried to rip him away from a happier life without him. He really needed to get his shit together.

Cove peeled his shirt off and dropped it on the ground. While the window was closed and locked, he couldn’t help but worry about Ash scampering away like a rabbit before he was able to convince him otherwise. The hiss of pain Ash gave as his hands desperately tugged at the seam of his jeans caused Cove’s lips to tug up at the corner.

“Need help getting out of those?”

“No! Yes?”

Cove barely managed not to snort in amusement when Ash finally undid the button and zipper on his pants and began to wiggle them down his hips. The shorter man was so intent on freeing himself that he didn’t realize Cove had closed the distance between them until his hand pressed against his clothed chest.

“Lay back,” Cove insisted.

In the past, Ash had always been the one to lead bedroom activities. Cove hadn’t noticed it at first, but as the years passed and he finally could look back at their memories in a more neutral state, he realized that Ash always wanted that level of control. Unfortunately for the copper-eyed man, Cove was not going to allow that this time.

Ash hesitated, glancing behind him at the bed warily. But, he did as instructed, scooting the pants halfway down his thighs. He gasped when he felt the sharp tug at the bottom hems of his pants and then a coolness against his bare legs. How…? Oh. Right. Cove likely helped his daughter clothe herself. Ash didn’t even realize such a skill could be so useful. The shorter man’s gaze narrowed in on the tan lines where Cove’s swimming trunks ended. A naked Cove was crawling over him. While the sight was a familiar one, the older man’s confidence made his memories itch in annoyance. The younger Cove had been less experienced in the past.

The silver-eyed man was pleased with Ash’s cooperation thus far. A younger Ash would have wrestled the control away from him immediately. But, the man before him looked more uncertain than angry. That emboldened Cove’s movements, and he wasted no time in leaning down to steal the very breath away from the man who held his heart hostage.

Ash felt his shaft twitch when he felt the warmth and pressure of Cove’s lips against his. Their tongues immediately fought for dominance. At first, the shorter man had the upper hand. But then Cove began to respond with added intensity and it was all Ash could do to keep the tongue in his mouth at bay. The copper-eyed man had become swept away by the ferocity of the kisses. While it irked him the slightest bit that he wasn’t the one in control, he forced down his pride. Ash felt a gentle bite on the bottom of his ear lobe and, suddenly, Cove shifted back to help tug Ash’s sweater off. When had his striped dress shirt been discarded? A suck on one of his nipples emptied Ash’s head completely as he gasped and undulated beneath Cove.

“Nhn.”

Cove’s silver eyes appeared dilated as he locked gazes with copper. Ash recognized that heated glance, and so did his flesh, because it twitched and gently bounced against the man’s stubbled chin on his way down. One of Cove’s hands held the junction between Ash’s hip and leg firmly while the other hand helped the taller man keep his shaft steady.

Ash gasped and clutched the back of Cove’s head as the other man took more and more of him into his hot mouth. Fuck. If Cove’s intention was to get him to spill his load as quickly as possible, then he was halfway there. Cove gave Ash the most glorious view of his backside as he shifted positions and placed his arms on either side of his legs. The copper-eyed man never thought he’d see that signal ever again. So, as soon as Cove dove halfway down his shaft again, Ash was ready to meet him the rest of the way with a gentle thrust.

Though Ash let out a groan of pleasure, he didn’t miss the dig of Cove’s nails along his hip. That first attempt must have been too much for the other man after such a long time. But, then Cove gave him the signal to try again and Ash made sure that his thrusts were shallower and gentler. Thank the stars that he had guessed the signal correctly! Cove’s tongue and warmth were quickly undoing Ash. So, he forced himself to concentrate on the amazing ass in front of his face. He spread the cheeks wide and traced Cove’s pucker with his thumb.

Neither of them had gotten around to designating who’d be breached. But, by the way Cove gave so much attention to his staff, Ash had an inkling of what the other man had in mind. Soon enough, a bottle of lube was pressed against the back of his hand. The brunet’s heart began to race at the invitation. His fingers trembled as they began to coat and stretch the entrance that was inches away from his face. He frowned as he tried to concentrate and recall what areas inside Cove gave him the best reactions.

“Ash!”

Ash couldn’t stop long enough to congratulate himself on a job well done because Cove began to stroke himself in earnest. Oh no, they couldn’t have that. The copper-eyed man gave one of Cove’s buttcheeks a sharp pinch before trying to change their positions. But, Cove stopped him with a firm hand pressed against his chest. What the fuck? What was he playing at? Did Cove change his mind about who needed to be prepped? Ash didn’t really care, but he’d better make up his mind already.

Cove felt a shiver run down his spine at the annoyance that shone like flecks of fire in Ash’s copper eyes. He’d never seen that expression on Ash’s face before and the differences gave him a thrill. Seeing Ash like this helped to ground him in reality. This was really happening. Ash Barren was once again in his bed. Then, Cove’s lips and tongue were once again against Ash’s.

The kiss was deliberately slow and thorough, and it did nothing to calm Ash’s aching shaft. Whether Cove entered him or he entered Cove, either way, they were just not going to last if the taller man kept pulling those kinds of stunts. Ash raked his hands through his own hair, tugging the strands back in frustration as Cove kissed, licked, and bit his way back down his body. He saw the other man rip a packet open and then proceeded to tug a condom down Ash’s stiff erection with his teeth. Oh, fucking hell.

How Ash didn’t ruin the anticipation by spilling then and there was nothing short of a miracle. But, then Cove straddled him and began to sink onto that shaft and they both groaned halfway into the task. Ash’s member gave an excited twitch inside when Cove was seated as far as he could go, and the taller man’s back arched in such an elegant manner that the sight was a goddamn work of art.

When was the last time Cove rode him like this? Ash’s mind was so fogged up with lust that not a single memory came to the forefront. Could it be that the position they were currently in had eluded them in the past? Must be.

Cove began to rock against him with a hand firmly on his chest and the other grabbing his leg. Ash hissed and focused back on the here and now. Cove’s cock was rubbing against his upper abs and Ash immediately reached over to stroke it as Cove continued to move.

“You feel so good,” Ash admitted.

“Mmm,” Cove agreed as he moved his arms to either side of Ash and dove down to give him another heady kiss.

Ash took advantage of the slight change and held Cove’s hips with both of his hands, reaching around until his fingers curled around Cove’s backside firmly. He then anchored the heels of his feet against the mattress and began to thrust eagerly into Cove’s inner heat.

Cove gasped and moaned against Ash’s lips. He then shifted again so he could meet those thrusts. Every time Ash tried to lift himself onto his elbows and flip them both around, the silver-eyed man either distracted him or halted him in different ways.

Though he was the one that was pummeling Cove, Ash became aggravated on the inside at the change in control. It felt like Cove was driving from the backseat. While the feeling wasn’t strong enough to make Ash want to stop their activities, the frustration continued to constrict inside his chest.

Cove was close to the peak because he began to stroke himself in earnest amidst his keening. The fire in Ash’s eyes made him feverish, and their movements had him nearing his peak. “Ash…”

Ash slightly changed the angle of his thrusts, hoping that some things never did change. He was rewarded with a clamping around his shaft when he dragged against a particularly sensitive area within. His gaze never left the other man’s face as if he wanted to engrave Cove’s expression into his brain.

“Hah!” Cove gasped as he curled forward, his thick cum streaking across Ash’s chest and abdomen. Ash gave one final shove as far upward as he could bury himself before his tightened sac unleashed so much fluid in stuttering shots that he actually started worrying about the sheets in the middle of post-coital bliss. Fuck it, he'd buy him a new bedset.

Cove, while reluctant to unsheath Ash, finally rolled onto his back beside him. Both his member and his backside twitched as his heart rate began to recover. The shorter man had indulged him nearly every step of the way, and that was something that the younger Ash would have rarely, if ever, done.

That gave Cove hope.The two of them weren’t anywhere near perfect, but they were still compatible beneath the sheets. Now, he just had to convince Ash of that, as well. “Ash, we can be whatever you want us to be. All I ask is for you to trust me…trust me just a bit more than you did before.”

Once again, the words sounded askew in Ash’s ears. Those were the kinds of words he should be telling Cove, not the other way around. The phrase falling from Cove’s lips instead filled him with guilt and inadequacy. On the inside, Ash was just as frightened of commitment as he was back when he stood before Cove in his groom attire.

You didn't come here today hoping for me to agree to this.

You're going to tell me right now, to my face, that you love me enough to be willing to take her place on that altar right this very moment?

Ash frowned as the echoes of that memory bounced around in his head. The constriction in his chest tightened so hard that he could have sworn he felt something crack. Though he tried to hide that pain from showing on his face, Cove reacted to it. The other man reached a hand towards him, but when Ash flinched, he sighed and shifted into a sitting position, his legs dangling off the edge of the bed.

“I’ve a shower right here in the master bedroom,” Cove suggested in a forced neutral tone of voice, his back facing Ash. “Feel free to use it first while I get us a change of sheets.”


  
 

Copyright © 2022 Thirdly; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 8
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ash wants to be the one in charge in bed, but is still enjoying Cove’s leading the action. And still is feeling guilty over not being able to commit to their relationship in the past.  Cove is taking this slow as he still loves Ash.  Baby steps.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, VBlew said:

Ash wants to be the one in charge in bed, but is still enjoying Cove’s leading the action. And still is feeling guilty over not being able to commit to their relationship in the past.  Cove is taking this slow as he still loves Ash.  Baby steps.

Exactly. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mfa607 said:

Definitely a reversal of control in the bedroom. Great chapter, thanks!

Yes. Also, no one asked how Cove knew Ash made a mess even though they used protection. But, there was indeed a mess. 🤣

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
On 12/11/2022 at 5:08 AM, Aditus said:

How could I miss this? 

Are you supposed to shake fictional characters?

Shake Shaking GIF by jjjjjohn

That's because I've been posting my friend's story Plattenbau consistently (that one is completed already) and only update Ash whenever I have the next segment properly laid out. So, my Ash chapters get hidden between Plattenbau updates. 😂

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I don't always read the sex stuff in stories, but I did this time and know that Cove and Ash have no problems in bed.  Also that after 13 years, they both remember the spots, buttons and turn ons from their past experience.  It is interesting that Ash allows Cove to take control, and that Cove knows how to do that.  You did sneak in some history at the end that explains why Ash felt he needed to apologize to Cove.  Well written chapter.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

Just so you know, I read both stories, and hope that you can maintain the same posting schedule.  It is hard to follow stories if the posting schedule is infrequent or have large time gaps between chapters.  So far the postings have been great on Plattenbau, and Ash's Marriage Trigger seems the same from the dates on the posting.  Keep up the great writing!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, raven1 said:

I don't always read the sex stuff in stories, but I did this time and know that Cove and Ash have no problems in bed.  Also that after 13 years, they both remember the spots, buttons and turn ons from their past experience.  It is interesting that Ash allows Cove to take control, and that Cove knows how to do that.  You did sneak in some history at the end that explains why Ash felt he needed to apologize to Cove.  Well written chapter.

Ash needs to let go of the illusion of having control of anything in his life. Some risks are worth taking and a better work-life balance is beneficial for anyone. That illusion of his is steadily beginning to shatter. :devil: And while Cove didn't intend it that way, to rob Ash of even more control (all he wanted was to remind Ash how good the two could be together and that he had matured and was an equally willing participant in bed)...he has helped to shatter more of that illusion in  Ash. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, raven1 said:

Just so you know, I read both stories, and hope that you can maintain the same posting schedule.  It is hard to follow stories if the posting schedule is infrequent or have large time gaps between chapters.  So far the postings have been great on Plattenbau, and Ash's Marriage Trigger seems the same from the dates on the posting.  Keep up the great writing!

Yes, thanks for giving Ash's story a chance. Plattenbau's updates are consistent because it has been completed for quite a while, image inserts and all (and I really enjoy that story and squeal whenever readers come to similar conclusions that I did when reading it). Ash, on the other hand, was a spur of the moment prompt from the amazing @Aditus that I outlined and plotted out, but updates are slow when it comes to the next few chapters because I want to make sure that certain story elements click into place before we near the end. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..