Jump to content
    Thorn Wilde
    • Author
  • 2,875 Words
  • 2,940 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Strong - 1. Strong

Jacob elbows his way to the counter of the crowded hotel bar. When he finally gets there, all three bartenders are busy and he leans his elbows on the counter and sighs. He’s had a long day, and part of him just wants to go home and sleep, but a few drinks with colleagues never hurts. Why they had to choose an upscale hotel on a Friday night is beyond him, though.

He glances to his left and for a moment he doesn’t quite comprehend what it is he’s seeing. Then he blinks, taking in chestnut curls and a long nose and thin lips, and everything seems to pause as the man next to him notices him staring and fixes his green eyes on him.

‘Jacob?’ The man cocks his head to one side. Jacob swallows.

‘Marcus,’ he says. ‘I, er . . . How have you been?’

Marcus shrugs, taking a sip of his whisky. ‘All right, I suppose. You?’

Jacob doesn’t have time to answer because right then one of the bartenders, a lanky youth with ginger hair and freckles (a bit too similar to one of Jacob’s exes), asks, ‘What can I get you, mate?’ and Jacob is forced to take his eyes off Marcus.

‘Er, I’ll have two pints of lager, one red wine, a white russian and a Hemingway daiquiri, please.’

‘Here with friends?’ Marcus asks casually.

‘Yeah, co-workers.’

‘Who’s the Hemingway for?’

Jacob glances sideways at him and smiles sheepishly. ‘Me.’

‘Well, things certainly change,’ says Marcus, taking another sip. ‘Back when I knew you you wouldn’t be caught dead in a rent boy’s arse drinking a fucking cocktail.’

And just like that, with a simple expletive, it feels almost like the last ten years haven’t happened. Jacob laughs.

‘Yeah, things change.’ He looks Marcus up and down. He’s wearing a very fancy grey suit, with a silver shirt and purple tie. The thing is immaculate, clean and crisp. His hair is greying prematurely at the temples, but the look suits him. He looks more like he’s in his forties than his early thirties, but then Marcus always did look much older than he was. He is just as fucking skinny and emaciated looking as he always was, and Jacob makes sure to tell him so.

‘Yeah, and I see you still haven’t learned how to handle a fucking razor, either,’ Marcus retaliates. ‘What is going on with your facial hair? You look like a fucking half dead hobo junkie.’

There’s something nostalgic bout being insulted by Marcus Allen, and Jacob can’t help but smile. The bartender brings Jacob the drinks, and he pays for them. ‘Are you by yourself?’ he asks Marcus while typing in his PIN.

‘Yeah. Staying here tonight, thought I might as well have a fucking drink.’

Jacob nods, carefully considering his next words. ‘Wanna come sit down with us?’

Marcus grimaces, glancing around. ‘No, thanks,’ he says at last. ‘Too many fucking people.’

‘All right.’ Jacob takes his daiquiri off the tray and places it next to Marcus’s whisky. Then he pulls up the nearest free bar stool, takes off his jacket and folds it sloppily on top of the seat, and picks up the tray of drinks. ‘I’ll just bring the drinks over. Look after my Hemingway, yeah?’

Marcus looks surprised, but he doesn’t argue. Jacob manoeuvres the tray of of drinks carefully through the rabble, puts it down on his friends’ table and bids them goodnight, before making his way back to the bar where Marcus is waiting.

‘So!’ he says brightly. ‘What have you been up to, you twat?’

Marcus shrugs one shoulder. ‘Not an awful lot, really. I work for a law firm. Mostly I defend stoner Internet pirates from prosecution and prosecute evil corrupt fucking fat cats.’

‘Living the dream, then.’ Jacob smiles. ‘They must be paying you well. What is this, fucking Armani?’ He plucks at the sleeve of Marcus’s suit jacket.

‘Did you pull that out of your arse?’ Marcus asks with an elevated eyebrow. ‘It’s Savile Row, actually.’ He sips his whisky and studies Jacob. ‘What about you? What do you do? Are you getting paid for fiddling prostates in public loos?’

Jacob fingers the stem of his cocktail glass. ‘Actually, I’m an editor. For a lit magazine. I write book reviews and editorials on literature trends . . . That sort of thing.’

‘Stuck with the media, then, did you?’ Marcus almost smiles. ‘Good for you.’ He sighs and rubs his face with both hands, and Jacob notices for the first time that he’s wearing a wedding band on his bony finger. Jacob swallows and looks away.

‘Who’s the lucky bloke?’ he asks, heart pounding in his chest.

‘Sorry?’ Marcus looks at him.

‘Your ring,’ Jacob clarifies.

Marcus looks at his hand as though he’s never seen it before. Then he slips the ring off his finger and sticks it in his breast pocket. ‘Not talking about that,’ he murmurs.

‘Oh, fuck off, Marcus! Don’t leave me hanging here!’ Jacob elbows him playfully.

‘Look, I told you I don’t want to fucking talk about it, fuckface!’ Marcus growls and glares at him. ‘It’s nothing. It’s over. I don’t even know why I wear the fucking thing anymore, so . . .’

‘Don’t waste time, do you?’ Jacob takes a long swig of his bitter cocktail. ‘Ten years since I last saw you, and you’ve had time to get married and get divorced?’

‘And have a kid,’ Marcus mutters, looking away.

Jacob’s eyebrows vanish into his hairline. ‘You’re a dad?’ Then he frowns. ‘Marcus . . . Did you marry a girl?’

Marcus shuts his eyes for a moment and sighs. Then he drains his glass. ‘Jenny,’ he says at last. ‘My mother introduced us, shit spiralled out of hand. Good fucking Catholic girl, you know? We have a daughter, Meg. She’s three.’

Jacob shakes his head. ‘That is fucking fucked up,’ he tells Marcus. ‘Are you stuck in the sodding fifties or something? No one stays in the closet and fucking marries their beard anymore, you moron!’

Marcus looks at him, and lowers his gaze to his chin. ‘You seem to have married yours,’ he says with a smirk, and despite his outrage, Jacob laughs.

‘Christ, Marcus . . . Do you never change?’

Marcus orders another whisky (Laphroaig, twenty-five years) and takes a large sip. ‘I cheated on her, with men. In the end I told her, and she divorced me. It was only finalised last week.’ He stares at the glass in his hand, studying the pattern of light in the amber liquid. Seeing the skinny fucker like this gives Jacob an overwhelming urge to look after him. ‘What about you?’

Jacob shrugs, ignoring that familiar feeling in the pit of his stomach. ‘Nothing, really. A couple of on and offs, mostly just casual. You know.’

‘The more things change the more they fucking stay the same, eh?’ Marcus chinks his glass against Jacob’s. ‘Cheers.’ He drains the whole thing in one gulp. He gives a slight hiccup and puts the glass down on the bar a bit harder than necessary. ‘Do you still like men who hurt you?’

Jacob frowns. ‘How many of those have you had?’ he asks slowly, eyeing the empty glass.

‘Not enough,’ Marcus remarks bitterly, and raises his hand to order another one.

‘No, I don’t think so,’ says Jacob, grabbing hold of his wrist. ‘Come on, you silly cunt, you’re off to bed.’

‘Like fucking hell!’

But Jacob has made up his mind. He stands up, puts his jacket back on and grabs Marcus firmly by the upper arm, dragging him off his stool and out of the bar.

Usually, back then, it was Jacob who was drunk and Marcus who was relatively sober. Now Marcus is draped over his shoulder like a barely walking corpse, and Jacob is reminded of an instance nearly eleven years ago when their positions were reversed. Now Marcus is the one insisting that he’s not drunk. His warm breath as he protests wildly (he’s not that drunk, and he wants more whisky, and Jacob’s not his fucking keeper, how dare he tell Marcus what to do and if he doesn’t let him go back to the bar he’ll fucking tear out his spine and beat him to death with it) makes Jacob shiver. Where does the fucker get off being so irre-fucking-sistable? He manages to coax Marcus’s room number out of him anyway, and presses the button for the lift.

 

* * *

 

Marcus stumbles into the darkened hotel room, catching himself on the door handle to the en suite bathroom. Behind him, Jacob shuts the door and turns on the light. Marcus turns around and surveys him.

He is a little older, and looks a little more tired, but ultimately he’s the same. Same wide, brown eyes, floppy dark hair and stupidly long eyelashes. Jacob’s tongue darts out to wet his lips. He always did have a bit of an oral fixation. There’s no hint of the smell of tobacco smoke that used to permeate from his clothes, however. Marcus supposes that must mean he finally gave up the cigarettes in favour of continuing to breathe.

Tomorrow, he will blame it all on the alcohol, he’s sure, but now he closes the distance between them, pushing Jacob up against the door, like he would so many years ago, and pressing their lips together, hard. Jacob makes a strangled whimpering noise before pushing him away.

‘Marcus, you’re drunk,’ he murmurs, but Marcus can see the lust in his eyes.

‘Fuck off, you’ve missed this as much as I have.’

Jacob looks down at his feet. ‘Yeah, I have,’ he says softly. ‘But you’re drunk, and newly divorced and—’

‘And, what, vulnerable? Never fucking bothered you before, did it?’

Jacob shakes his head. ‘Things change, Marcus.’

‘No, they fucking don’t. Not that much.’ He never did this back then, but now Marcus raises his hand to Jacob’s jaw and strokes his lower lip with his thumb, gently. ‘Please. Just—’ He cuts himself off, embarrassed, and lets his hand drop. ‘I’m sorry. I’m drunk. Fuck—Don’t fucking listen to me.’ He turns away.

‘Wait!’ Jacob grabs his hand. ‘I don’t even—I don’t know how to fucking deal with you anymore. But if you want—’

He doesn’t get any further, because Marcus spins around and pins him to the door again, kissing him with as much passion as he can muster. Ten fucking years of anger and misery and regret. Ten years of fucking up in every aspect of his personal life even as he soared towards a brilliant career. Ten fucking years, all released through that kiss, and he thinks Jacob must have understood, because it leaves him breathless (though not in the asthmatic, about to fucking die sort of way).

Either way, he has Jacob’s attention now, and the shorter man pushes his (beautiful, very expensive) suit jacket off his shoulders and lets it drop to the floor, before starting on the tie. At the same time, Marcus starts moving backwards, towards the bed, working on the buttons of Jacob’s blue and purple striped shirt.

When they’ve almost reached the bed, Marcus pauses and stares at him. ‘Have you got a condom? Don’t know where you’ve fucking been, do I?’

Jacob looks at him for a moment, and then he laughs. ‘What do you take me for, you twatweasel? Of course I’ve got a fucking condom!’ Then he kisses him, and pushes him down on the king size bed.

They struggle frantically to get out of their clothes, and then they’re nearly naked and Jacob is on top of him, looking down at him almost fondly. He traces Marcus’s ribs with his fingertips, and Marcus shudders. ‘Jesus, Marc, you’re gonna fucking kill yourself if you don’t start eating.’

‘What about you, are you still living off of fucking curries and chips?’ Marcus murmurs. ‘I’ll bet you fucking are, you’re such a hypocritical fuckarse.’

‘Yeah, well, at least there’s some kind of nutrition in that stuff,’ Jacob shoots back. ‘You can’t live on fucking coffee and whisky, you moron.’ Then he lowers his head and licks a wet trail up Marcus’s throat, and Marcus is unable to argue any further.

After a good while of teasing and licking and biting, Jacob asks, ‘So . . . What do you want? Who’s fucking whom tonight?’

Marcus swallows. He wants it all, wants to feel everything at once, but since that’s not really possible, he murmurs, ‘Fucking do it.’

The condom is lubricated, but they haven’t got any actual lube to use for preparation, so they have to make do with Jacob’s saliva. He takes his time, using both tongue and fingers to slowly stretch Marcus. It’s been a good long while since anyone but Marcus himself has come near his arse, and he grips the sheets, gasping for breath and bucking his hips, fucking back against Jacob’s fingers. It’s deliciously painful.

Jacob fucks him slowly, in long deep thrusts, and Marcus grasps at his arms and shoulders, hard enough to bruise. He comes with Jacob’s name on his lips, mere seconds before Jacob does the same and collapses on top of him. Then he rolls off him, disposing of the condom, and presses up against his side with his hand on his chest and his nose in the crook of his neck.

‘I’ve missed you,’ Jacob murmurs. Ten years ago, Marcus would have called him a fucking girl and told him to go fuck himself. Now he feels the ache in his chest and knows how true those words are for both of them.

‘Me too,’ he says. ‘Fuck me . . . How did we end up like this?’

‘Well, first we graduated and then you fucked off to fucking Cardiff for your bar training shitting course thing, and I never fucking heard from you again. Because you’re a big stupid twat with commitment issues.’ There’s no accusation in Jacob’s words. Only honesty.

Marcus smiles and pokes his shoulder. ‘Hey, I committed. I got fucking married. How come you never settled down with anyone, Mr. I’m-too-good-for-fucking-relationships McWankface?’

‘They weren’t you.’ The stark honesty of Jacob’s reply takes Marcus by surprise, and makes him feel a little bit guilty.

This is another thing Marcus will blame on the alcohol tomorrow, even though he feels quite clearheaded now. He turns his head and kisses Jacob’s forehead and whispers, ‘I loved you, you know.’

Jacob draws a sharp breath, holds it for a few moments and lets it out again, warm against Marcus’s cooling skin. He kisses his throat. ‘I know.’ His voice sounds slightly choked. ‘I loved you, too.’

Then they kiss again, and there’s a familiar flutter in Marcus’s stomach, a tightening in his gut and all he wants is to be as fucking close as he can get, so he rolls on top of Jacob and kisses him deeply, willing himself to get hard again.

It doesn’t take long.

He fucks Jacob the way he used to—hard, furiously and with total abandon—crushing his wrists into the mattress, watching him squirm beneath him, moaning and whimpering and, finally, begging for his touch, which Marcus happily grants. He gets Jacob off in fast, tight strokes, watching his face as he loses himself, whimpering and gritting his teeth.

When it’s over, Marcus stays just as he is, listening to Jacob’s heartbeat, and then Jacob laughs, and Marcus props himself up on his elbow and quirks an eyebrow at him.

‘Christ, what are we fucking like, eh?’ Jacob murmurs. ‘Ten years. Over ten fucking years, if took us to say that.’

Marcus smiles. ‘Yeah.’

‘We are seriously fucked up.’

‘We always were.’ Marcus hesitates. ‘But we were stronger together. When I was with you, it—it didn’t matter that I was so fucked up . . .’

‘Yeah, same.’ Jacob runs his fingers through Marcus’s hair, and Marcus closes his eyes and rests his head on his chest once more. He’s missed this intimacy—the intimacy that used to scare him to death. He’s missed being so close to another human being. He’s missed having a companion, a lover. Jenny was his friend, and he did care for her, but she was neither of those things.

‘Marcus?’

‘Mhm?’

‘Can I—’ Jacob seems to hesitate. The hand in Marcus’s hair is trembling and his pulse is racing. ‘This time . . . can I keep you?’ It’s barely more than a whisper.

Marcus pulls himself up into a halfway sitting position. Earnest brown eyes stare up at him from under a sweaty, dark fringe. Marcus pushes the hair out of Jacob’s eyes, stroking his cheek with the back of his fingers. Then he kisses him again and wonders, not for the first time tonight, how he could ever have given up these gorgeous fucking lips. How he could spend a whole decade without feeling them pressed against his own. Without seeing them red and raw from kisses and bites.

‘Fuck off, you twat,’ Marcus murmurs fondly, resting his forehead against Jacob’s. ‘Call me when we’re both sober.’

And this concludes The Fucking Trilogy! I hope you have enjoyed it! It does not, however, conclude my forays into the lives of Jacob and Marcus. These two have grabbed me firmly by the proverbial bollocks and refused to let go. They have plenty of stories left to tell.
Copyright © 2013 Thorn Wilde; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 20
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

‘…caught dead in a rent boy’s arse…’ That very nearly caused my death when my whisky went down the wrong pipe, lots of sputtering anyway. Oh Thorn, you do have a way with words and a posh taste in whisky that we mere mortals can’t compete with. I have to settle at 10 or Quarter Cask.

 

Marcus and Jacob ten years later, more mature and still stuck on one another after all that time. Does the fucking heart good it does. I’m glad you are not putting these two out to pasture. Thank you for the quadtrilogy.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/12/2013 01:41 PM, Ron said:
‘…caught dead in a rent boy’s arse…’ That very nearly caused my death when my whisky went down the wrong pipe, lots of sputtering anyway. Oh Thorn, you do have a way with words and a posh taste in whisky that we mere mortals can’t compete with. I have to settle at 10 or Quarter Cask.

 

Marcus and Jacob ten years later, more mature and still stuck on one another after all that time. Does the fucking heart good it does. I’m glad you are not putting these two out to pasture. Thank you for the quadtrilogy.

Thank you so much for sticking with these stories, Ron, I really appreciate it! Makes me feel loved. :) As for the whisky, I'm afraid my characters generally have more expensive tastes than I can usually afford. :P
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

It took them ten fucking years to realize a simple fact?! I was pretty sure they'd stayed together in the last chapter. This was surprising, and they are so fucking hot together I can't wait for more. I'm glad you're not giving them up completely.

Thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/12/2013 10:23 PM, nostic said:
It took them ten fucking years to realize a simple fact?! I was pretty sure they'd stayed together in the last chapter. This was surprising, and they are so fucking hot together I can't wait for more. I'm glad you're not giving them up completely.

Thanks.

Yeah, they're a pair of stubborn fuckers, really. :P Thanks for sticking with them! :)
  • Like 2
Link to comment

McWankface - I practically spilled my coffee all over my keyboard at that one! lol I should have known better than to be eating or drinking anything when reading this particular story! hehe

 

The both knew they loved each other, but it took ten years to confess it. And that wouldn't have happened if they didn't run into each other. We never figured out where Marcus lived. He said he was staying in the hotel b/c he was in the area, temporarily I assumed...

 

Let's not have another ten years goes by for them to see each other again. In my mind I want Jacob to call him the SECOND he sobers up so he can ask Marcus again if he can keep him like a fucking puppy. ;)

 

I really loved this story, Thorn! Especially their oh-so-colorful language! lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm going to miss these guys. They are so much fun to read about. I can only imagine how much more fun it was to write about them. They are like the comic relief; the antithesis of a Nun's class on manners, morals and proper verbal communications. I LOVE it!!! I can almost picture these guys as old men shacked up within an assisted living home. They'd be the ones making lude, suggestive and highly entertaining comments. I would imagine they'd also be the ones chasing all the cute male assistants and asking them for multiple sponge baths a day, lol. Never disappointing, Thorn. Thanks!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
On 09/13/2013 01:46 AM, Lisa said:
McWankface - I practically spilled my coffee all over my keyboard at that one! lol I should have known better than to be eating or drinking anything when reading this particular story! hehe

 

The both knew they loved each other, but it took ten years to confess it. And that wouldn't have happened if they didn't run into each other. We never figured out where Marcus lived. He said he was staying in the hotel b/c he was in the area, temporarily I assumed...

 

Let's not have another ten years goes by for them to see each other again. In my mind I want Jacob to call him the SECOND he sobers up so he can ask Marcus again if he can keep him like a fucking puppy. ;)

 

I really loved this story, Thorn! Especially their oh-so-colorful language! lol

In my head, Marcus is actually Scottish, but I haven't really written him that way... I mean, his language is mostly English. As such, I imagine he lives in an undisclosed northern industrial town or city. :P

 

I'm glad you've enjoyed these stories so much. Thank you for another lovely review! :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/13/2013 04:55 AM, CW Prince said:
I'm going to miss these guys. They are so much fun to read about. I can only imagine how much more fun it was to write about them. They are like the comic relief; the antithesis of a Nun's class on manners, morals and proper verbal communications. I LOVE it!!! I can almost picture these guys as old men shacked up within an assisted living home. They'd be the ones making lude, suggestive and highly entertaining comments. I would imagine they'd also be the ones chasing all the cute male assistants and asking them for multiple sponge baths a day, lol. Never disappointing, Thorn. Thanks!
Well, keep your eyes open. There might be some more stories featuring these two on the horizon. ;) Thanks so much for sticking with these stories and for your wonderful comments!
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Somehow those two guys just grow on you, in spite of their foul language, their messed up lives, and their inability to face up to their feelings. The first three chapters were too depressing in spite of the inherent funny parts, so I never got round to commenting, but this one had me smiling in the end. So I felt like tellling you that you've done well in writing something completely diffent and very consistent and credible in the way they interact. Glad they found each other again when they were mature enough to admit their love and need.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/28/2013 02:40 AM, Timothy M. said:
Somehow those two guys just grow on you, in spite of their foul language, their messed up lives, and their inability to face up to their feelings. The first three chapters were too depressing in spite of the inherent funny parts, so I never got round to commenting, but this one had me smiling in the end. So I felt like tellling you that you've done well in writing something completely diffent and very consistent and credible in the way they interact. Glad they found each other again when they were mature enough to admit their love and need.
Thank you, Timothy, that means a lot. :) Also means a lot that you kept reading even if you initially found the plots too depressing. :P Their story is not yet over, and I can promise that what remains (other than the prequels) will only get brighter. :)
  • Like 2
Link to comment

These characters grew on me from the first chapter despite their crass behavior and ridiculous banter. I was a little put out that you had suddenly gone from them starting to open up to each other and their relationship deepening to 10 yrs later. The 'how did we get here?' answer explained it and given the issues Marcus esp had, it doesn't seem off that he'd have gone off and run from his feelings for Jacob. While you'd have thought he'd keep in touch even for an occasional hookup that would have meant confronting his feelings for him that were growing deeper. I liked how they got together into their old roles to an extent, but were mature enough to talk about feelings if only for a little bit and with Whiskey for Marcus' courage. Jacob always was more in touch with his feelings. I am glad these guys have you caught up in them and will make you write more about them. I really am enjoying their ride!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/07/2013 09:18 PM, Cannd said:
These characters grew on me from the first chapter despite their crass behavior and ridiculous banter. I was a little put out that you had suddenly gone from them starting to open up to each other and their relationship deepening to 10 yrs later. The 'how did we get here?' answer explained it and given the issues Marcus esp had, it doesn't seem off that he'd have gone off and run from his feelings for Jacob. While you'd have thought he'd keep in touch even for an occasional hookup that would have meant confronting his feelings for him that were growing deeper. I liked how they got together into their old roles to an extent, but were mature enough to talk about feelings if only for a little bit and with Whiskey for Marcus' courage. Jacob always was more in touch with his feelings. I am glad these guys have you caught up in them and will make you write more about them. I really am enjoying their ride!
Thank you. :) That means a lot, and I'm glad you've enjoyed the stories so far. I enjoy writing them, too. Thanks for sticking with my boys! They are among my favourite creations. ;)
  • Like 2
Link to comment

The banter between them was just a fun as ever, but I have to admit I my stomach dropped when Jacob asked if he could keep Marcus this time. They've come so far but never got past one another. Stellar work, thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/29/2013 12:17 AM, Miles Long said:
The banter between them was just a fun as ever, but I have to admit I my stomach dropped when Jacob asked if he could keep Marcus this time. They've come so far but never got past one another. Stellar work, thanks.
They're such singular people. What are the odds that they'd ever find anybody else who'd get them the way they get each other? Thank you for reviewing!
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Love this series so much that I got a login just to say this :worship: Your stories are incredibly good and I've blasted through most of them in about 3 days...

And I'm commenting on this particular instalment because... I consider myself a tough reader, and I adore both MC's in all their foul-mouthed glory, but OMG, when Marcus said, "don't know where you've fucking been, do I?" after having abandoned Jacob for a decade--I gasped out loud and teared up a little bit, like I'd been slapped. Something about that particular jab was just... VERY successful, and it really makes one see how Marcus could reduce his editorial staff to tears, over and above just being creative with the obscenities... So thank you for that piece of sadistically good writing :,(

Seriously, very much looking forward to whatever comes next! Thanks again.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 03/18/2014 02:37 PM, Irritable1 said:
Love this series so much that I got a login just to say this :worship: Your stories are incredibly good and I've blasted through most of them in about 3 days...

And I'm commenting on this particular instalment because... I consider myself a tough reader, and I adore both MC's in all their foul-mouthed glory, but OMG, when Marcus said, "don't know where you've fucking been, do I?" after having abandoned Jacob for a decade--I gasped out loud and teared up a little bit, like I'd been slapped. Something about that particular jab was just... VERY successful, and it really makes one see how Marcus could reduce his editorial staff to tears, over and above just being creative with the obscenities... So thank you for that piece of sadistically good writing :,(

Seriously, very much looking forward to whatever comes next! Thanks again.

Thank you so much!! :D I'm so glad you're enjoying my stories, that makes me really happy. :)GA has a lot to offer, so I hope you stick around the site as well!
  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I teared up when Jacob asked if he could keep him this time. :,( I so hope his answer is yes. These two need each other. The creative swearing was as awesome as ever. I look forward to reading the rest of these tales. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/09/2014 08:47 AM, Valkyrie said:
I teared up when Jacob asked if he could keep him this time. :,( I so hope his answer is yes. These two need each other. The creative swearing was as awesome as ever. I look forward to reading the rest of these tales. :)
Thank you! It took them long enough to get it, but they're finally beginning to understand that they belong together and that no one else will do. Hope you enjoy the rest of the series! It only gets fluffier from here. :P
  • Like 2
Link to comment

I had a moments panic wondering if I'd missed a chapter somewhere, but it all fell into place as I read on. A decade apart and a chance encounter to bring them back together...hopefully. I think the biggest surprise for me was that Marcus got himself hitched and has a young daughter, wonders never cease. So glad that despite the long separation, they instantly clicked as if never having been apart. Whatever cosmic forces are at work will doubtless be striving to keep these two together because don't think anyone else could handle them. They are perfect for each other and have quickly gained my adoration. Thanks Mr. Wilde and well done.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 5/26/2020 at 12:56 PM, Goodie said:

I had a moments panic wondering if I'd missed a chapter somewhere, but it all fell into place as I read on. A decade apart and a chance encounter to bring them back together...hopefully. I think the biggest surprise for me was that Marcus got himself hitched and has a young daughter, wonders never cease. So glad that despite the long separation, they instantly clicked as if never having been apart. Whatever cosmic forces are at work will doubtless be striving to keep these two together because don't think anyone else could handle them. They are perfect for each other and have quickly gained my adoration. Thanks Mr. Wilde and well done.

Thank you! Yeah, the two of them are damaged enough that only they can save each other. :P Thanks for commenting!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..