Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Of Family - 10. What A Day

Levie, and Greg visit with Troy.

Brandon, Linda, & Tom

“I wonder how everything’s going.” Linda and Tom sat in the waiting room, holding hands, and comforting each other. They were still in a bit of shock, and complete amazement. Linda never imagined there could be so many life altering changes one morning can bring. When their day started, they had each other, two kids, and some relatives scattered across the country they barely heard from. Now, they had three boys, two brothers, and God knows, how much extended family. Normally, they’d be totally freaking out. However, the couple welcomed the new family members into their hearts without asking why.

“I freakin’ can’t believe it’s only one o’clock.”

The statement made Linda start giggling, before looking at her watch. “Holy fuck, you’re right.”

“Linda, such language. I just hope the boys didn’t hear you. They’d never let that die down. The couple stared at each other, giggling like school kids.

“Yeah Mommy, at least Daddy had the decency to say freakin’.” Brandon’s sudden appearance startled the couple so much, Tom fell off the sofa, taking Linda with him. “God, I can’t take the two of you anywhere. If Mom’s not cussing like a sailor, Dad’s falling off the couch, like he’s had too much to drink.” Brandon was using all his restraint, not to lose his straight face. The distraught teen, raised his hand, to shield his eyes, and shook his bowed head. “Grams, and Gramps are probably rolling over in their graves.” Brandon paused. Mainly, to keep from breaking up. “Yes, I can hear them. Riddled with shame, and, uncontrollable laughter.” That was it. Brandon couldn’t go any further. He doubled over in laughter. Linda and Tom weren’t far behind.

Once he recovered, the family patriarch, lunged at his son, and quickly had Brandon trapped in a choke hold.

“Hey, if you don’t let go, I’m gonna report you for child abuse.” Because of his constant giggling, Brandon’s threats lost whatever effect they had.

“Go ahead, and try kiddo, but you won’t get far. Did you forget, you’re an adult?” Tom started lightly poking random patterns along his son’s very ticklish, and exposed side.

“Not that. C’mon Daddy, you’re not playing fair.” Within seconds, the nineteen year old was reduced to a squealing, and giggling little boy.

“What’s the matter baby boy? Not still ticklish are ya?” Tom chuckled, and moved his tickle probe to the wriggling teen’s armpit hollow.

Brandon desperately tried protecting his tickle spot. He unsuccessfully attempted to pull his Dad’s fingers from his ticklish body. “I’m sooo gonna get you old man.” As soon as the words left his lips, Brandon regretted them. Especially, the moment he felt Tom’s fingers firmly knead and dig along his side, and between each rib.

“You’re gonna do what, little boy?” Tom grinned evilly, and continued to tickle his son.

“Nothing, I’m gonna do nothing.” Brandon screeched.

“That’s what I thought. I’m not above pinning you down, and going after your feet in public.” Tom ceased his tickle attack. Then pulled his still giggling son into a bear hug. “I love you so much baby boy. And I’m proud of you three boys.”

“You wouldn’t do that to me, would you Daddy?”

“Wanna bet?” Tom chuckled.

Brandon buried his face in his Dad’s muscular chest, letting the strong heartbeat comfort him. “I love you too Daddy. You, and Mom are amazing parents. Hearing about Levie’s losing his parents, and Greg’s tossing him out, only makes me appreciate you guys more.”

Linda smiled, and hugged her two men. “Are we ready to go out to the ranch?”

“As soon as you guys sit back down. I asked Greg to send me the recording of Levie’s visit with Milo.”

“Can’t we listen to it on the way, Son?” Tom asked, as he and Linda sat on the couch.

“Not unless you want to take the chance of having an accident. Your reactions could totally distract me.”

“I’m glad we stayed here to listen to that.” Linda, and Tom were speechless, for a few minutes after hearing the entire exchange. “I can’t even put into words, how strong that boy is. And, Milo’s interaction, was unbelievable.” Tom accepted the tissue from Linda, and wiped his eyes.

“The Stillman’s are truly a one of a kind family. I’m dying to hear the rest of their story.” Brandon’s comment was supported by his parent’s head nods. The three shared another hug, and left for the ranch.

The Family

“You let them go see that monster?” Troy’s outburst startled his Dad, and Jaycen. They just finished listening to the recording Greg sent. Thinking Troy was asleep, the two figured it was safe.

“Babe, calm down, you’re gonna get yourself all worked up.” Jaycen rushed to his husband’s side.

“Don’t you dare fucking babe me Jaycen Blake. How the fuck could you….” Troy’s face was progressively getting redder, and veins started jumping out around his forehead. Pain burst in his head, and lights flashed in his eyes, like fireworks. The monitors wildly started beeping. Suddenly, nurses, and Stuart came rushing in.

“Lyle, Jaycen, I need you two out in the hallway. I’ll update you, as soon as we get Troy stable. I’m also moving his MRI up to this evening.” Stuart ushered both father and son out the door, then went to work on his nephew.

“Jayce, it’ll be ok. Troy’s strong, healthy, and young. He’ll be fine.” Lyle attempted to comfort, his frightened son.

“Why didn’t I go outside and listen to the recording? I’m so damn stupid.” Jaycen, nervously paced back and forth.

“Dad, Pap-Pah, what’s happening with Troypop? Why did Uncle Stu rush in, and push you out like that?” The teens ran to the fear wrought men, giving each one a hug and kiss. Never being one to keep things from his son, Jaycen told Levie everything. Unfortunately, the day’s stress, and trauma had finally caught up with him. Before anyone, even himself knew it, the red head raised his hand, pulled back, and slapped Jaycen’s cheek. The blow’s strength, made Jaycen stumble, and lean against the wall. “What the fuck were you thinking? I hope to the Goddess Troypop’s ok. If he’s not, I swear, I’ll never speak to you again Jaycen Stillman.”

“Levie Michael! Have you completely lost your mind? You never hit anyone in this family. Now, apologize to your Dad, young man.”

The admonishment snapped Levie back to reality. Immediately, the realization of what he’d just done, and said broke through his blinding anger.

“Dad, don’t talk to Lev that way. He’s been through a hell of a lot in one morning. Hell, we all have. It’s no wonder he finally broke. Our son’s been holding in so much fear, pain, and anger trying to be strong for everyone else.” Jaycen protectively, wrapped Levie’s trembling body in his arms. Gently, he cuddled his younger brother. Sitting on the floor, he placed the teen in his lap, and kissed his forehead.

“Dad, I...I’m so sorry. Please, can you ever forgive me. I didn’t mean what I said, or did. I love you, and Troypop so much. I didn’t mean to hurt you.” No one had a dry eye, as they watched the two heal the break down. Greg desperately wanted to wrap Levie in his arms, but, knew his prince needed his Bropop’s comforting more. So, he pushed all the love in his heart, into his and Levie’s bond.

“Shh, it’s ok baby. Let it all out, no one’s mad or even upset with you. Damn, kiddo, you’ve got some power behind you. It’s not easy, making me stumble like that. Of course, I forgive you. You’re our sweet angel. Ok, maybe our sweet, and salty angel.” Jaycen comment made everyone chuckle, and brought some much needed levity. Levie brought his hand up, and flinched at the heat radiating from Jaycen’s bright red cheek. “You feel better, or do you want a crack at the other side. At least then, they’ll match.” Jaycen smiled, and wiggled his fingers between Levie’s ribs. The hallway was quickly filled with the teen’s laughter, and pleas.

“I’m better, I’m better.” Levie got out between his fits of laughter. He turned, wrapped his arms around Jaycen’s neck, and kissed his brother’s nose. “Thank you, for loving me enough to forgive me Dad. I truly, didn’t know what I was doing. I just…”

“I know, Lev. There’s only so much we can take, before the dam breaks. I’m just grateful, yours is strong, and well built.”

“Someone, please remind me never piss that kid off.” Stuart witnessed the entire scene, and had the answers to what happened. “Troy is back to normal, he had a blackout, and doesn’t remember what set him off. I’m ninety-five percent sure that’s from the concussion. The MRI is scheduled for a couple hours from now. He’s anxious to see you guys, just be careful not to mention the visit with Milo, at least until Troy’s all healed.” After giving everyone a hug, and kiss the doctor went back to his rounds.

“Dad!!!” Levie was the first one through the door. It took all his restraint, not to leap on the bed, and smother the bedridden man with affection.

“There’s my sweet baby boy.” Troy held his arms open, and savored the love he felt from the younger red head. The brunette looked at his Dad, and adopted brother. With a questioning look, he silently asked Dad? Both men nodded, with Lyle mouthing tell you later.

“How are you feeling Troypop? Do you need anything?” Levie’s tears dampened Troy’s shoulder.

“I’m good, now that my boys are here. Where’s Jayce, and Troypop? I like the sound of that.”

“He went to get a soda.” Levie quickly hid his face in his Bropop’s chest. He didn’t want Troy to know he’d just been told a fib. Jaycen didn’t want his husband asking about his reddened cheek, so he waited in the hall, giving it time to return to normal color. Levie moved to the side, as Troy motioned for Greg, and held his arms open.

“I’m glad you’re ok, Troypop.” Greg giggled, and squirmed when he felt Troy’s fingers lightly tickle his side. “Hey, you cheated Bropop, no fair tickling me, when I can’t get revenge.” After another bout of giggling, the raven haired teen laid his head on Troy’s chest, and kissed his nose.

“Not even a full day with him, and you’re already acting like Lev.” Troy suddenly began giggling, and squirming, as he flattened his bare soles against the bed. He looked at the end of the bed, where Levie was grinning like the Cheshire Cat.

“What? Your foot was just sitting there, so I thought I’d test your nerve ending. Ya know, make sure your foot hadn’t lost any feeling.” Levie snickered, and went over to the other side, and kissed Troy’s nose. “I wuv you Troypop.” Troy smiled, as he got hugs from both sides.

“I’ve got two of the best boys in the world. So, is Dad, and Troypop replacing Bropop?”

“Nope, just added to it. Oh, and you’ve got three of the best boys in the world.” Everyone looked up, to see Jaycen’s smiling face. You three are too adorable.” He giggled, and snapped a picture, with his phone.

“Wow! You finished your soda fast. And, what do you mean three? There’s only Greg, and Lev.” Troy looked completely confused.

“Well, Brandon’s been adopted as well. Oh, Greg, and Brandon’s parents, Linda and Tom, are our new brother, and sister. Umm, what soda?”

“Babe, you’re getting as bad as Lev. What do you mean, what soda? The one you were getting, before coming in here. Are you sure you don’t need some tests too?”

“Jaycepop, I told Dad you were getting a soda, and that’s why you didn’t come in with us.” Levie quickly interjected.

“Oh, shit. I wasn’t even thinking about that. They didn’t have the one I wanted, so I went to the bathroom, and then came in here. What a day it’s been.” Jaycen winked at Levie, and ruffled his hair.

“Tell me about it.” Greg gave an exaggerated sigh of relief. “Hey Prince Charming, are all your days this exciting, and harrowing?”

“Not even close, my knight.”

“Good, cause if they were, I’d definitely need an afternoon nap.” Everyone in the room started laughing, and nodding.

“That’s too cute. knight, and prince charming. If any enemies find out how ticklish the prince, and knight are, the kingdom’s in deep shit.” Jaycen smiled, hugged Levie and Greg, and gave their sides a quick tickling.

“We’re not much more ticklish than the kings.” Levie giggled, and hid behind Greg.

“Nope, you’re not gonna make me your human tickle shield.” Greg pulled Levie from behind him, wrapped his arms around the giggling red head, and pulled him against his chest. “I love you though, and would always protect you, if you really needed it.” The taller man, bent his head, and kissed his smiling prince.

“I know you would baby. Hey Jayce, Troy, I think it’s time we headed for the ranch. Do you want us to leave the Hyundai, or drive it back? We can ride with Pap-Pah if you want the car.”

Jaycen, and Troy looked at each other, and quickly talked. “I think it’s best to drive the car home, especially, since your .38’s in the trunk, and my glock’s in the glove compartment.” Greg looked at the three Stillmans, and shook his head.

“What’s wrong baby bro?” Jaycen asked giggling at his brother’s reaction.

“I really shouldn’t be so surprised, and shocked, but we’ve been driving a car, with a glock in the glove compartment?”

Laughter filled the hospital room. “Yes, babe, we have. That’s why I put my gun in the trunk. It wouldn’t fit, with Troy’s gun.”

“You people are like a miniature army. I thought Mama Linda, and Papa Tom were packin’”

“You’ll get used to it my love.” Levie wrapped his arms around Greg, and kissed his chest.

“I guess I’d better, I don’t think I’d be able to get rid of you now.” Greg fell to his knees, laughing, as Levie dug into his sides, and above his hips. “Okay, I give. I don’t want you going anywhere Levie. You’re mine now, and always will be.”

“I’m gonna stay with your Bropops a little bit longer. Before I forget, Greg, you’re off on vacation for the next week and a half.” Lyle said walking back in the room.

“Dad, when did you leave?” Troy asked.

“During all the playful antics. I’m very proud of everyone in this room, and at the ranch.” The elder smiled, and motioned for everyone to join hands. “This was, is, and always will be one of the strongest, and most loving family units I’ve ever been a part of. I love and treasure, each and everyone of you.” Lyle paused, and looked at all his boys. “Troy, my first, and only born. I couldn’t ask for a more perfect example, of unselfish love and unwavering devotion for my Grandsons. Jaycen told us a bit about how you and he took care of Levie as an infant. Everyone is anxious to hear the entire story, especially, your Mom. Jaycen, since you were three, you instantly became a second son, to me, and Ev. We’re so grateful, your parents shared you with us. I know, you’ve been the light in Troy’s eyes, from the beginning.”

“Thanks Dad.” Troy and Jaycen said in unison, as they wiped each other’s tears.

Lev, my sweet Grandson. You’ve proven, without a doubt, what a good man you are. I look forward to seeing what you accomplish in the coming future. Finally, Greg, one of my two new amazing Grandsons. You, Brandon, and your parents, have taken this family into your hearts, without question, or pause. Please, continue to love, and protect each other. I looked at you boys earlier, and saw the same spark in your eyes, that Jayce and Troy have. Their spark’s a bit brighter than yours, but, that’s only because of how long they’ve loved each other, and been together. Your spark, will continue to brighten over the years as well.

“We love you Pap-Pah.” Both Levie and Greg, launched themselves into Lyle’s arms.

“Wait, Pap-Pah, what do you mean I’m on vacation for the next week and a half?”

Lyle chuckled. “I was wondering how long it’d take for that to register.” The older man, kissed Greg’s forehead. “One of the perks of being who I am, my boy. I simply, looked at your personnel file, through an app on my phone. I noticed, you’ve worked for the bank, for almost two years, and never taken your paid vacation, or sick leave. So, I put in for your time, and attached my electronic signature. Oh, and your parents, and Brandon aren’t moving. Thanks to Troy’s research earlier this morning, we discovered, the company was not trustworthy.”

“You’re amazing Grandpa Lyle.” Greg sat on Lyle’s knee, and kissed his cheek. “So, if they’re not moving, where are they living?”

Levie blurted out. “Oakridge.” Everyone turned to look at the excited teen. “Pap-Pah, do you by any chance, know who owns Oakridge?”

Lyle shifted from leg to leg. “Well, as it turns out, I do.”

“Can we get in touch with them? We can ask Mama Linda, and Papa Tom if they want to buy it. Wait, I’m not asking the right question. Who owns Oakridge?”

“Well….” Lyle suddenly found his fingers quite interesting.

“I’m just gonna take a wild shot in the dark. You and Mam-Ma own it, right?” Everyone held their breath, waiting for the answer.

“No… We don’t.”

“Mom and Dad did, didn’t they?” Levie interrupted.

“Close, you, your brothers, and your parents actually own Oakridge. The deed is actually in your name, and your brothers names. However, it’s held in a family trust, that’s being managed, by me, and Mam-Ma. Once you turn 21, it’s up to you, and your brothers, to decide if you want us to continue managing it, or if you three, well five, with Greg and Brandon want to take over.”

“Me and Brandon? Why are we added?” Greg asked in astonishment.

“You two have been adopted into the family. The trust allows for future kids, biological, adopted, or spouses.” Lyle grinned.

“Isn’t that a bit risky? No offense Greg.” Jaycen asked.

“None taken, I was actually gonna ask the same thing.”

“Not really, names can be added, and subtracted, at any time. After spending so much time, with Greg, and his family, I’m steadfast in the decision to add him and Brandon.”

“Let’s talk with our Mama, Papa, and Brandon, before we decide anything.” Levie’s suggestion, was met with positive nods. Everyone shared another hug and kiss, then Greg and Levie set off for home.

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter. I know Levie's break, will come as a shock. But, it needed to happen, and it brought everyone even closer, as always.
Please comment, or message me with feedback. It's truly helpful, and appreciated.
As always, thanks for reading, and loving my boys, they're very special.
Love y'all
Copyright © 2021 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter. The family is growing nicely. They need to find out what's wrong with Troypop before anything bad happens to him, it would devastate the boys.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. The family is growing nicely. They need to find out what's wrong with Troypop before anything bad happens to him, it would devastate the boys.

They will, and no matter what, at least they've got a strong support. I do have to say, Jaycen was awesome, the way he handled Levie's momentary breakdown. 

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Love 2
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Ajbt2001 said:

They will, and no matter what, at least they've got a strong support. I do have to say, Jaycen was awesome, the way he handled Levie's momentary breakdown. 

Levie's breakdown was handled well, things could have turned out a lot worse. It shows the love as a family is strong.

  • Love 3
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Levie's breakdown was handled well, things could have turned out a lot worse. It shows the love as a family is strong.

And, it really did need to happen. Aside from his playfulness, and loving nature, it's easy to forget, Levie's still only 18. He's not done maturing, although you'd think he was fully mature. LOL 

And, I really did love the interaction between Tom and Brandon.  It's those playful times, that reminds everyone all the kids, Brandon, Greg, and Levie are still teens, and still growing up. 

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Love 4
Link to comment

I like the news that the Wilmonts are not moving.  It seems that the two families are beginning to merge as one.  I wonder where they will live now they are not moving?  What will Tom do as a job?

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, raven1 said:

I like the news that the Wilmonts are not moving.  It seems that the two families are beginning to merge as one.  I wonder where they will live now they are not moving?  What will Tom do as a job?

After having them meet Jaycen, and Lev, I didn't have the heart to let them move. Brandon, especially, he wasn't really happy about leaving Greg. Throw Lev and the Bropops, and he'd have been miserable. I haven't thought of Tom having a job. He and Linda aren't super rich, but they're very comfortable. I might have him doing some probono legal assistance to the less fortunate in the area. 

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..