Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Of Family - 12. More Trouble At The Ranch

Triton makes his first appearance. Levie has to make a difficult decision, while asserting his authority, as one of the ranch owners.

Brandon, Greg, & Levie

Levie’s very ticklish body continued to wriggle and squirm, as much as it could. His playful attackers giggles harmonized with the red head’s cackles, and echoed through the entire downstairs. “No fair, ganging up on me, you big bully’s.” The protests were met with shrugs from the guys exploiting his weakness.

You started it baby bro.” Brandon trapped his little brother’s ankles in a choke hold. The blonde’s free fingers danced, and glided along the soft wrinkling soles, and slipping under the flexing toes.

You’re just too cute babe. It’d be a crime, not to tickle you.” Greg pinned his love’s hands under his knees. The raven haired teen licked his lips, leaned over, and blew raspberries along the trapped younger boy’s stomach. “Besides, you know you wanted it.” He chuckled, kissed Levie’s quivering side, and dipped his finger in and around the exposed belly button crevice.

Levie bucked, and screeched when he felt the raspberries, and exploration of his sensitive belly button.

This is what’s gonna happen, if you ever hurt Greg on purpose.” Brandon pulled Levie’s toes back, making the sole taut. With no warning, his nails rapidly dragged up and down both bare soles. He giggled happily, since he was finally able to use the hurt my brother threat.

The tickle shock caused Levie’s silent laughter and gasps. “I’ll never hurt him on purpose. I promise.” The younger boy screeched. Despite his outward appearance, the ticklish victim, was relishing every moment. He loved that Brandon and Greg were playing with him, so freely, and openly.

See Bran, I told ya tickling his feet would work.” Greg giggled, and kissed Levie’s sweat covered forehead. Both he and Brandon gave their hysterical captive a break. Brandon went to get some water, and a damp wash cloth. Greg, released Levie, and placed the panting boy in his lap. “I love you, Levie. We didn’t go too far. Did we?” Greg sheepishly asked.

Brandon returned with a bottle of water, and a cloth. The older boy gently held the bottle to Levie’s lips, and only let go when he could see Levie’s ability to hold it, and drink it slowly on his own. While he recovered, the sandy blonde gently wiped his brother’s face, and forehead with the damp cloth. “I… I’m sorry if we tickled you too much, baby bro. Believe me, we’d never hurt you for anything in the world. In just one day, you’ve become one of the most important people in our lives.” Brandon and Greg wrapped Levie in a gentle hug.

Are you two kidding? That was as fun as the Bropops tickling me. The only difference was, they don’t do it as long. But, that’s just cause they’re parents, as well as brothers. I was having a blast, and the two of you are wickedly awesome ticklers.” The energetic teen, popped up, and kissed the other teens, and lay across both their laps. “I promise though, I will get the two of you back, and you’re soo gonna be in trouble.” Levie started giggling and squirming when he felt Brandon tickle his neck, and Greg’s fingers stroking along his soles.

You’re on baby bro/babe.” The two brothers said in unison, and giggled along with Levie.

C’mon, let’s change, and get some different shoes. I want to show you around the ranch, and introduce you to Triton. I have to do that, if the two of you ever want to ride him. As long as I introduce you the first time, the next time, he’ll be ok letting you ride him whether I’m around or not. Tri knows, I’m not gonna let anyone I don’t trust mount him.” The three teens, got up, changed clothes, and Levie found boots to fit Greg, and Brandon. After slipping on his cowboy boots, the trio headed to the barn.

At The Barn

As soon as the three teens got outside, Levie heard Triton, kicking up a terrible fuss, and felt the horse’s distress in his gut. The teen didn’t say a word, before he ran full speed towards the barn.

C’mon Bran, Levie might need us. I can feel he’s scared, and I think it’s Triton making that noise.”

What Levie saw when he got there, made the color drain from his face. There was a kid, about his age, throwing rocks at Triton in his stall, and hitting the white stallion with a large tree branch as it passed the door. The anger in Levie, reached a fevered pitch, he balled his fists so tight, his knuckles turned white. “What the fuck are you doing to my horse?”

The teen slightly jumped, then turned to face the deep growling voice yelling at him. “Who the fuck are you? I’m teaching this horse his place. And what do you mean, your horse? Every horse here, belongs to the ranch, and can be ridden by anyone. But, this one doesn’t know it’s place. It’s too stupid, so I’m beating some sense into it.” The teen turned his attention back to the frightened stallion.

Levie pulled his phone, and hit the fifth speed dial. “Get to the barn, and bring all available hands. I want to know right now, who’s kid this is. He’s fucking, throwing rocks at Tri, hitting him with a tree branch, and is about to get the fuck beat out of him... Bill, forgive me for being rude, but haul your damn, fucking ass over here now, I said right fucking now, and mean it.” Levie replaced his phone, and ran full speed at the teen. He rammed his shoulder into Triton’s attacker, knocking the shocked teen on his ass.

Bill had just arrived, he had his phone out, recording everything.

This horse, doesn’t belong to the ranch, he’s mine. Triton won’t let anyone I haven’t introduced him to ride him.”

Greg.”

Yeah Bran.”

I’d suggest, you never piss your mate off.”

Ya don’t say.”

By the time the fallen teen got to his feet, the entire staff on hand had gathered around the four boys.

Levie, ran to Triton, and began checking for any wounds. Tears of relief, and anger filled his eyes as he hugged the stallion. He was just about to turn and face the group, when Jordan kicked the back of his knees, causing Levie to grunt, and fall to his knees.

Aww, the wittle boy’s not so tough, without his bow and arrows.” Jordan taunted. He grabbed a fistful of Levie’s hair, and pulled his head up. “You are pathetic.” Jordan spit in Levie’s face, then pulled back, and slapped the red head.

Levie got up, and faced his assailant. Everyone gathered shivered, they’d never seen the boy so feverishly enraged. “I don’t know who the Goddamn fuck you are, or think you are, but, as of right this minute, you are banned from my ranch. If I or anyone working here sees you, the sheriff will be called, and you’ll be arrested for trespassing.” Levie kept his eyes on the shaking teen in front of him. He pointed at Triton, who was now nuzzling against his owner. “Triton, is my horse, and no one attacks him. None of the animals on the ranch are to be treated with such disrespect” He looked around the gathered employees. “Who’s fucking kid is this?”

I’m Jordan, and I don’t know who the fuck you think you are, but you most certainly can’t keep me off this property. My father is one of the highest managers, and he’s gonna get me a job here. There’s no way a little bitch like you could own this place.” The sullen boy, pulled his arm back, his punch landed square on Levie’s jaw, and knocked the red head off his feet.

Seeing red, Greg started to approach the attacker, but was stopped by Bill’s arm.

Greg, I know you want to help your mate, but, Lev’s a good scrapper, and he needs to do this himself. He’s got to keep the worker’s respect. We’re keeping watch, if it gets too bad, we’ll intervene.”

Greg glared at the older man, but, he stepped back, and nodded. “If he really hurts Lev, I’m beating the shit out of him, and I dare anyone to try stopping me.”

Fair enough.” Bill slightly smiled at Greg’s protective nature, and continued recording. No one knew that Jaycen, and Troy were watching the live feed from the hospital room.

Levie shook his head, and wiped the blood from his lip. He glared at Jordan, and took a fighting stance. “You’ll never work, or set foot on this ranch, as long as I’m an owner, and since this is a family owned ranch, I’ll always be an owner.”

So, you want some more. Well, that’s fine, I have no problem embarrassing you in front of everyone here.” The cocky teen tried to sweep Levie’s legs out from under him, but wasn’t close enough to do anything. Within seconds, he was back on his ass, when Levie’s boot connected with his midsection. Jordan grunted, and got to his feet. “You’re so going down, little bastard.” He wildly threw punches at his opponent. Levie kept dodging and ducking, then aimed a solid punch to Jordan’s chin. Again, the teen was knocked to the ground, and was having a harder time getting back up. Finally, he threw his hands up. “Okay, I give up, you win.”

Levie turned, and walked over to find out who Jordan’s father was. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jordan pick up the branch. At the same time Brandon and Greg were trying to warn him, Levie quickly moved to the side, and grabbed Jordan’s arm as he rushed by. Using the other boy’s momentum, Levie swung him around, and suddenly let go. Jordan yelped, stumbled, and crashed against one of the stall doors. “I’m gonna ask one more time, who’s kid is this?”

He’s mine boss.’ Mac came forward, and faced his still seething younger employer. “I’m sorry, I didn’t even know he was over here. I forgot to tell him about Triton. I’ll take full responsibility for what happened, but, please, don’t ban him from coming here. The boy needs a job, to teach him responsibility.”

Levie sighed, and closed his eyes. What he was about to say, went against everything he stood for. Tears fell down his cheeks, as he gathered the strength to say what he had to. “I’m sorry Mac, but I can’t overlook Jordan’s actions. He broke one of the cardinal rules, Him beating Triton, is the secondary offense. You know very well, we do not treat any living creature on this ranch with that kind of brutality, and violence. I stand by my original decision. You have every right to try and appeal with Jaycen, and Troy upon their return, but, the chance of them overriding me, is highly doubtful. In their absence, I have complete authority to run this place, as I see fit. I do apologize, and believe me, it’s killing me, but I have to put the safety of our animals first. I can’t risk their lives, Jordan could have killed, or seriously hurt Triton.”

You forgave that bastard Milo, and he shot Jaycen, don’t you think you’re being a hypocrite?”

Mac, the boss’ want to talk to you.” Bill held his phone out towards the other manager.

Yes Jaycen…. I understand, but….. Troy, he’s just a kid, and didn’t know any better….. Yes, fine, I still think you should overturn Lev’s decision….” Mac sighed, and gave the phone back to Bill.

Get better soon guys.”

Mac, what I did for Milo, is my business. You weren’t there, and even if you were, it’s not your place to question my actions. He asked for forgiveness. Your kid did not, if he had, I might’ve only banned him, until he proved his was mature enough to be around animals. Now, everyone, go home, It’s been a long day. I’ll see y’all in the morning.” Levie walked up to Jordan, and Mac. “Be glad, I’m not pressing charges, now get this bastard off my property, and Mac, I’ll see you in the morning. Do I make myself clear?”

Yes sir, Levie. C’mon son, we’ve got a lot to discuss.” Jordan sneered, and flipped Levie the bird, as he followed his Dad to their car.

Bill, can you please come here?” Levie asked when everyone, except Greg and Brandon was gone.

What’s up Lev?” Bill gasped, as Levie wrapped the older man in his signature bear hug. He smiled, and smoothed his young employer’s hair, as the teen dampened his shirt with his tears. “Lev, your Bropops, and I are very proud of you. You’ve as always stood up for your beliefs, and the beliefs of this ranch.”

I’m sorry for the way I spoke to you on the phone, I was just so pissed off, and scared Tri was gonna get hurt, I wasn’t thinking about anything else.” Levie continued to cry, while Bill held him.

I get it Lev, I don’t care about that. It wasn’t important, and you did what was necessary to get me here. There was an immediate danger to one of the horses. That takes precedence over being rude and cussing me out any day.” Bill and Levie softly chuckled, and let each other go. “I’ll see you tomorrow boss, I love you Lev.”

I love you too Bill. See you in the morning, be safe going home, and tell Sarah I said hi.”

Will do kiddo.” The ranch manager, smiled at the three teens. “I’m glad Lev has the two of you. Especially you Greg, Thank you, for letting Levie fight his own battle. It really does make a difference to these men, if you’d stepped in, they might think they could just walk all over, and bully him.”

You were right to stop me Bill. It was hard, sitting back, and doing nothing.”

Greg, you weren’t doing nothing, you were emotionally supporting your life mate. That’s way more effective, than physically stepping in, without being asked.” He gave Brandon, and Greg hugs before leaving.

Levie, Greg, & Brandon

Levie opened Triton’s stall door. The magnificent white stallion, eagerly trotted out, and hugged his owner. “I love you Tri. I’m sorry that creep tried hurting you. That’ll never happen again, not if I can stop it.” Tears fell down Levie’s cheeks, as he hugged and kissed Triton. Suddenly, the barn was filled with Levie’s boyish giggles and shrieks. Triton pinned the teen against the stall door, and was nuzzling his owner’s stomach, and neck.“C’mon boy, you know that tickles.” The giggling red head slid down to the ground, while still being tickle attacked by his horse.

Well, that ends any doubt, that Triton is Lev’s horse. Only he would have a horse who understands how ticklish he is. Triton stopped his attack to look at Brandon. The stallion gave a soft snort, and nodded. “Umm bro, did Triton just…”

Levie giggled, and got to his feet. “Yep, he’s a smart boy.” Levie gently guided Triton over to Greg and Brandon. “Triton, this is your Papa Greg, and Uncle Brandon.” He had each teen pet Triton, as they were introduced. “If they ask, let them ride you, okay baby boy?” Triton whinnied, and nodded. He then gave Greg and Brandon hugs, which surprised the two teens.

Yeah, there’s no doubt, this is your horse. He’s so adorable and loving.” Greg smiled and kissed Triton.

Levie giggled, and whispered in his horse’s ear. Suddenly, the horse pinned Brandon against a stall door, and began tickling the blonde teen.

Hey, no fair sicking Tri on me.” Levie and Greg’s giggles joined with Brandon’s.

Do you guys know how to ride?” Levie asked pulling Triton off his new Uncle.

It’s been a long time.” Both teens responded in unison.

No time like the present, to get back in the saddle.” Levie walked over, and opened two other stalls. “Brandon, this is Dusty.” Levie lead a light brown/auburn stallion to Brandon. He instantly nuzzled Brandon’s neck, which caused the teen to softly giggle and squirm a bit. “Babe, this is Neptune.” He’d chosen a stunning soft golden stallion for his mate.

Wow! They’re gorgeous." Greg and Brandon stood open mouthed at how gorgeous the three stallions looked standing together.

C’mon guys, I’ll show you how to take care of these boys, before and after a ride. Then we’ll saddle up, and take one of the easier trails. I normally ride bare back, but I’ll saddle Tri this time. It’s good for him to have the saddle on every so often.”

Brandon, Greg, and Levie had a great time out on the trail. The red headed teen took them to one of his favorite spots. It was on a ridge, where they could look down over the ranch, and have an unobstructed view of the sunset. While watching, Greg turned, and saw Levie on the ground, sobbing.

Babe, it’s okay, let it out.” The raven haired teen, quickly had his boy wrapped in his arms. Brandon joined the cuddling on the other side.

Guys, today was the most violent I’ve had to be, ever. Just like with Milo, I almost lost it with Jordan. I had to force myself, not to take that branch, and beat that asshole with it.” I’ve never been so ashamed of myself. I couldn’t even find it in myself to forgive the kid.” Levie couldn’t continue talking, his sobs were too prominent.

Levie, you are the most loving, and caring boy I’ve met. I can’t even fathom what you just said. You’ve got nothing to be ashamed about, you did what you had to. You were man enough, to defend the life of a loved one. I hate to think about what might’ve happened to Triton, if you hadn’t stopped Jordan.” Brandon lovingly kissed the younger teen. “I love you, so much Lev. You and Greg are always my brothers.”

Yeah babe, everyone agreed with your decision, except maybe Mac, and Jordan. The only reason Mac disagreed, was Jordan’s his son. You heard the Bropops when they spoke to Mac, they backed you, no questions asked, and no hesitation. I love you, my sweet prince.”

Thanks guys, I did need that. It’s getting dark, let’s head back, and get these boys settled in for the night. Then we’ll eat, and hit the hay.” The three teens mounted their steeds, and headed back for the ranch. As they got closer, the boys heard a loud noise, and saw a bright orange/red light brighten the evening sky. “C’mon, there’s a fire at the ranch. Greg, Bran, one of you call Jackson, get him, and the fire fighter’s out here now. We’re part of the reserve fire team, I’ve got to get back home, and fast.” Levie let loose a loud staccato whistle, Triton reared up on his hind legs, and took off full speed. After making the call, Greg and Brandon weren’t far behind. When he got back, Levie saw Jaycen’s truck, and Troy’s Hyundai engulfed in flames.

Well, again, Levie's had to defend a loved one. And he wrestles with feelings of slight regret for having to resort to violence. Because he holds himself to a higher standard than everyone else, Levie's hardest on himself, when he reaches the brink of losing control. Just like before, those who love and know him best, are there to back him and his decisions. Proving, just how mature, and loving Levie is.
As always, thanks for reading, and please comment, or message me with any feedback you have.
Love y'all
Copyright © 2021 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

11 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Levie asserted his authority, showed Jordan who's the boss.

Not just Jordan, but all the employees. Lev proved he's on equal footing with his Bropops as the third owner. And can make the difficult decisions with, or without Jaycen's, and Troy's input.

When Jaycen and Troy took over the ranch, They had to prove themselves. They were younger than most of the ranch hands. Levie's not only the youngest owner, but he's got to overcome the stigma of being the little kid most of the workers watched growing up. The employees see Lev as their equal, in terms of being co-workers. Now, he's got to earn their respect as the boss.

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Like 2
Link to comment

After the ass whipping Levie gave Jordan, I hope Jordan is smart enough to stay away.  I love the interactions between Triton and all the guys.  Maybe the two city boys will become real cowboys soon.🤠

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..