Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Of Family - 9. The Heart Of Levie

Levie, and Milo come to terms with the morning's events.

Brandon, Greg, & Levie

“Bro, I’ve got such a bone to pick with you.” Brandon lightly punched Levie’s shoulder.

“Bran, I’m flattered, but I can’t help you. Levie was barely able to keep a straight face. “If you have a boner, go to the bathroom, and take care of it.” There was a moment of snickering. Not a second later, he, and Greg doubled over, hysterically laughing.

“I…” Brandon couldn’t finish his thought, because he’d finally realized what his brother just said. “I’m sooo gonna get you, ya little shit.” The sandy blonde tried his best to keep a straight face, but failed, miserably. “I’ll admit, you totally got me. That was pretty freaking awesome.” Unable to hold it in any longer, Brandon’s energetic laughter joined his brothers’, as he sat on the floor.

“That was epic babe, I can’t believe you went there. I love you.” Greg was leaning against the wall, and slid to the floor, unable to move from laughing so hard. Levie wasn’t in any better shape. He was completely unglued. Sitting on the floor, with tears streaming down his face, and slapping the floor with his hand.

It took another five minutes for the trio to calm down. They were all panting heavily, and wiping their sweaty brows. The scene left passersby shaking their heads, with expressions of confusion, intrigue, and amusement. Levie was the first to his feet. Smiling, he offered a hand to Greg, who worked with his mate, and stood back up. Brandon took hold of the extended palm, and yanked Levie onto him. The older teen quickly had his squirming, and giggling prey trapped in a bear hug. Greg just snickered, and watched from the side.

“You’re sooo not playing fair.” Levie’s protests only made his captor chuckle. The next thing the wriggling red head felt, was Brandon’s scruffy chin, lightly scratching along his very sensitive neck. Levie’s high pitched giggles, and squeals elicited amused chuckling from the other two teens. “Not the neck, it tickles.”

Brandon’s constant chuckling made it hard to keep his hold on Levie. “Okay, I guess you’ve had enough.” The blonde gave Levie’s ribs a good tickling, before releasing him. He gazed at his younger brother, smiled, gave him a hug, and kiss. “You still love me baby bro?”

Levie’s giggling finally subsided, and he returned the hug and kiss. “Of course I do. So far, you’re an amazing big bro.” Feeling mischievous, Levie tickled Brandon’s sides, and just above the hips. Thus causing the teen’s immediate squirming, and gasps of laughter. “By the way, Bran, what was bothering you?”

“I had that whole don’t you dare hurt my brother speech planned, and I can’t use it.”

Levie and Greg broke out in laughter. “Why can’t you use it bro?” Greg asked.

“Seriously? It’s not easy, delivering that line to someone, who’s probably as good as Robin Hood with a bow and arrow. I mean, the kid carries a revolver, and a hunting knife. He’s a total bad ass one moment, then sweet, and loving the next. There’s no way I could intimidate him, without feeling scared, or like a bully.” Brandon did his best to look hurt, as his brothers completely lost it.

“Sure you could.” Greg got out between fits of laughter, and hugged Brandon.

“How?”

“Tickle him, especially his feet.”

“You’d better sleep with one eye open tonight, Greg Wilmont.” Levie tried to sound, and look threatening. It was apparent from the chuckles, he’d failed. “That was fun, and I think we all needed the laughs.”

Standing beside Milo’s door, Levie took a minute to get himself prepared for anything that might happen. He reached in his pocket, pulled out his phone, and waited for Greg to do the same. After making sure his mate was ready, Levie turned to face his mate and Brandon. “I can’t thank you enough for coming with me guys. I know you two didn’t sign up for any of this. I just wanted you to know, how grateful I am.”

“Hey, you’ll never have to face anything alone. Not if I’m able to help. I never knew there were people like you, and the Bropops. I love you, my sweet brother.” Brandon hugged Levie, and kissed his cheek.

“I’m not going anywhere baby boy. I love you, so much. Lev, you truly are my brave prince charming.” Greg gave Levie the same showing of affection as Brandon. Except, his kiss was longer, more passionate, and on the lips.

Levie took one more deep breath. “Okay, let’s do this boys. Here’s hoping nothing goes wrong.” Levie dialed Greg’s phone, they both put it on speaker, and Greg started recording. Levie placed the phone in his shirt pocket, so the screen was facing out, and looked like it was off. He gave a nod, and the two teens placed themselves on either side of the door.

Milo & Levie

Milo’s sleep, such as it was, stayed troubled.. The ailing man had resigned himself to the idea that no one was coming. So, it shocked him when he heard a knock at the door. “Come on in.” He watched, as the door slowly opened, and gasped when he saw it was Levie who’d showed up.

“Hey Milo, I heard you wanted to speak with one of us.” Cautiously, Levie entered the room. His eyes widened. He was shocked, at the pitiful sight of his ex-employee. He’d never seen Milo so frail looking, or listless.

“Umm yeah, I really didn’t think any of you would show. Not that I would’ve blamed you guys.” Milo turned his head, just as a bad coughing spell hit him.

“Can I get you anything, maybe some water?”

“Nah, it’s fine. Umm, I’m surprised your bros let you come here.” Milo shifted, painfully in the bed, and tried to sit up.

“Hold up, let me help you.” Levie assisted, as best he could. “My Dad’s weren’t really in a position to stop me. Jayce tried, but I wanted to be here.” The teen sighed, and momentarily gazed out the window. “Milo, I’m sorry.”

“You’re sorry, what for? Milo asked with a symphony of confusion.

“I’m sorry, for shooting you. I’m sorry, because, it’s obvious you never had the luxury of a family, who loved you enough to make sure you made good decisions. I’m also sorry, you’re so sick, from the years of drug abuse.” Teary eyed, Levie leaned over. Very gently, he wrapped Milo in his arms, and placed a soft kiss on the man’s forehead.

Milo was so taken aback, he reacted on emotion, and returned the hug. For the first time, Milo felt what it was like to have someone actually care for him. “Shh, it’s ok kid. You’re not to blame, or even responsible for my bad choices.” Something in him, caused Milo to look into the teen’s eyes. What he saw, instantly lightened the weight on his heart, and soul. He gasped, feeling his own tears trailing down his cheeks. “How?”

“How what?” Levie asked, wiping his tears, and Milo’s also.

“How can you be so loving, compassionate, and forgiving to someone like me?” Milo waited on pins and needles for the answer.

“My Bropops always taught me, everyone needs love, and forgiveness. That’s why I’m here, I threw it back at Jayce, and my Pap-Pah. I asked them, if you’re asking for forgiveness, who are we to deny you.” Levie paused, and looked into the eyes of the man, he just that morning was ready to kill. “I need to get something out. Milo, I almost lost control this morning. When I saw you beating my Dad’s, and yes, legally, and biologically, they are my brothers. However, they did most of my raising. I actually just found out, they were the ones who were up all night, feeding and changing me. Troy and Jayce were only ten. Anyway, I had so much rage, and hatred for you, I was literally aiming for the center of your back, with the first arrow.” Levie again paused, and wiped his tears. “I’ve never felt hate, or malice, and I’ve never shot another person. It scared the shit out of me, knowing I was capable of feeling such things.”

Milo gasped, and put his hand on Levie’s. “What stopped you from going there?”

Levie, turned, and faced the bedridden man. “It was Love, Milo. Somehow, the love in my heart, and soul made it’s way to the center of my being, and reminded me of who I am. That same love, is the reason I’m here now. It’s giving me the courage, and strength to face you, like the man I was raised to be.” Levie’s eyes watered again. “It’s love that’s allowing me to look into your eyes, and ask for your forgiveness. Can you forgive me, for almost losing it, and ending your life?”

Milo was speechless. He thought, here is a boy. No, definitely, not a boy. Here is a man, standing before him, asking for forgiveness, when he was at fault to begin with. His mind was so blown away, the only thing Milo could will himself to do, was nod, and reach out his arms.

A teary Levie, fell into Milo’s embrace, and the two just took a moment to cry. “Thank you, and I want you to know, I, we all forgive you Milo. You can go to your rest with a clear conscious.

“Thank you, kid, I mean Levie. You’re truly an amazing young man. I’m sorry, I never took the time to get to know you, and your Bropop.”

“I don’t want to sound rude. How are you gonna pay for your health care?” Levie asked, after he’d composed himself.

“I hadn’t even thought about that. I don’t have any family, or any really close friends.”

“I think I have an idea that can help. I have to get with Troy, and workout the specifics. In any event, I promise, we’ll make sure your medical bills get paid, and that when the time comes, you will have a funeral.”

Milo couldn’t believe what he was about to say. “Levie, I can’t ask you guys to do that. It’s way too much.”

“You’re not asking, I’m offering. I’m pretty sure we can get you back on the payroll, and get your full benefits. And, I’m not taking no for an answer.”

“How can you obligate your Dad’s to this without their knowledge, or consent?”

“Easy, I own a third of the ranch. Besides, they’re no match for my puppy eyes, and trembling lip.” Levie and Milo both shared a good chuckle. “Also, they have good hearts, and won’t refuse.”

“How are they? I really hope I didn’t hurt them badly.”

“Jaycepop is fine, he’s got a very slight concussion, and some bruises. Thank Goddess, he’s got a hard head.” Levie sighed, as the tears showed up again. “Troypop, I don’t know. I haven’t seen him yet. He’s got a bad concussion, and bruised ribs. He’s being kept overnight, Jayce is staying with him.”

“You’re not gonna be alone tonight, are you kid?” Milo surprised both himself, and Levie with his expressed caring.

“Umm no, I’ve got my Grandparents, newly adopted brother, and his parents, as well as my soulmate, Greg. He’s the one who untied the Bropops.”

“Good, at least I didn’t cause anyone to die, or hopefully be too bad off. That kid Greg, I hope he knows how incredibly lucky he is to have someone like you in his life.”

“Thank you Milo, he definitely knows. I have to go now, I really need to see my Troypop. I’ll be in touch soon. I’m glad we had this time.”

“Surprisingly, me too Levie. And, thank you again, for being here.” The two shared a parting hug, before Levie quietly closed the door.

Brandon, Greg, & Levie

Outside, in the hall, Brandon and Greg were staring at his phone open mouthed, in disbelief of what they heard. Walking a little ways down the hall,, Brandon called his parents, and told them what had happened so far. Linda almost dropped the phone, when she heard about Levie’s asking Milo’s forgiveness. “I don’t believe you, Levie Michael Stillman.” Brandon and Greg quickly had Levie wrapped between them in a group hug, and kiss.

“I can’t believe that man’s turn around.” Greg was still reeling, from the exchange.

“That was draining. I need a minute, to recharge, before we go to see Troypop.”

“I’m gonna get back to Mom and Dad. I’ll see you at the ranch. I love you two.” Brandon gave Greg, and Levie each a parting hug and kiss. “Greg, I’ll tell them you’re staying with Lev, before going to Troypop’s room.”

“Thanks bro. We love you too, and be careful.” Greg smiled, and held his prince. “Just let me know when your ready babe.”

Levie laid his head on Greg’s chest, and let himself get lost in the comforting beat. “Babe, do you think I went too far in there?”

Leaning down, Greg softly kissed Levie’s forehead, and stroked his hair. “If it were anyone else, I’d say yes. However, since it happens to be Levie Michael Stillman, I’d say you did what was in your heart, and soul. I swear, it feels like we’ve been together a lifetime, even though we’re just starting out. The more I learn about you, and our family, the more I love.”

“Do you think the Bropops will be mad at me?”

The sincere vulnerability in Levie’s voice, and tear stained cheeks, cut Greg to the core. “I think they’ll be fine, and understanding.”

“What if they’re not?”

“I got your back, baby boy. Even if they do get upset, they’ll come around. After all, they’re no match for your puppy eyes, and trembling lip.”

Levie looked into Greg’s eyes, and they both started laughing uncontrollably. “You can always cheer me up, my sweet knight. I love you, Greg Wilmont.”

“And I you, my adorable prince.”

I'm sure some of you will be asking why. The answer is, Levie's moral compass. He's always gonna do what he feels is right.
I was sure, this story was only gonna be 10 chapters, at the most. So, it surprised me when I started the 9th chapter on Wednesday, and finished it Thursday afternoon.
Thank you, so much for reading, and finding something to love about my characters. Please continue to give feedback.
Love y'all
Copyright © 2021 Ajbt2001; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

31 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Levie is a very compassionate individual, forgiving Milo like that.

Thanks Chris, I really appreciate you reading and commenting.

Yeah, he's a good guy. Originally, I had it worked out with two avenues. One, Milo taking Levie by surprise, and attempting to strangle him. The other, Milo attempted to smother Troy in his sleep, but was stopped by Jaycen.

Levie, told me, he didn't like either of those. So, I came up with this instead. I was really hoping it came out as sincere as I saw it, and that it wasn't too cheesy, or cliché. 

Edited by Ajbt2001
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

I agree with Chris, Levie is a compassionate man.  His moral compass seems to be helping him to face a very difficult situation.

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Levie's morality does guide him, but he's also got really great role models to look up to. Jaycen, Troy, and most of the workers on the ranch taught him the value of hard work. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..