Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Love Of Family (2024 Revision) - 7. A New Branch On The Family Tree

Stuart Blankenship had just finished checking on his final patient, and he was about to leave for home for the night when he heard a twenty-something-year-old gunshot victim was being rushed into surgery. Knowing that a great surgeon was on hand, the seasoned medical professional wasn't overly concerned. However, that all changed for the almost seventy-year-old when a nurse rushed into his office and informed him that the gunshot victim was Levie, and added to that the news that his other nephew, Troy, was also being brought in to be checked out after receiving a couple blows to the head and his upper back.

The graying-haired man thanked the nurse, then mulled over the emotionally charged dilemma. He knew there was no way he could choose between either nephew. Although, he also knew that as Levie's parents, Jaycen and Troy would insist on him being with their son. The doctor finally decided to assist in prepping Levie for surgery, then let the surgeon know he was on call if needed while tending to Troy, and afterward return to his youngest nephew.

In the waiting room, Jaycen dealt with everything as best he could while waiting for news about his boys. Having the Wilmont family there with him was very comforting to the redhead. He relaxed a little when Stuart had a nurse tell him what he decided to do for Troy and Levie. Jaycen responded with the message that if it was too complicated and stressful attending to his husband and son, his uncle was to stay and assist with Levie because Troy wasn't the one shot.

"Are you thirsty, Jaycen," Tom asked as he placed his hand on the younger man's shoulder.

Jaycen patted the top of the man's hand and smiled. "I could go for a Pepsi if it's not too much trouble," he said.

Tom nodded and quickly refused the money the younger man pulled from his pocket. After getting everyone's drink preference, the patriarch turned and said, "Even though it's very early in our boy's relationship, I can't think of a better family for Greg and Brandon to be integrated into."

Jaycen's tears dripped down his cheeks as he stood and bear-hugged the slightly shorter blonde-haired man. "Thank you, Tom. That means a lot to me and is extremely comforting to know. From what Greg told us about you, Brandon, and Linda, Troy and I believe your family is the newly grown branch on the family tree our departed family founders, Mark and Stacy Stillman, planted the day they fell in love."

The Wilmont family were all teary-eyed from the heartfelt exchange. Tom and Brandon wiped their eyes before going to the vending machines. Linda sat in thoughtful silence as she carefully considered her next move and the possible backlash from revealing the truth of who she was and how the Stillman family had met her. Jaycen could feel the tenseness in the lone woman of the group of males. He patted her shoulder and let her know he'd be there to listen if she wanted to talk. She smiled and thanked him just before her husband and son returned with the sodas.

Troy absolutely hated hospitals and the curtain-walled rooms in the examination area of the ER. Of course, knowing that somewhere close by was his boy waiting for surgery to start and hoping he was at least prepped by now wasn't helping the brunette's state of being. He mindlessly kicked his jeans-clad legs back and forth as his soft brown eyes looked around the enclosed space, with its garishly bright lights overhead, and wished the attending physician would hurry up and examine him so he could get back to his husband and the Wilmont family.

"I thought we'd taught you to dodge anything falling on top of you," Stuart jokingly said as he walked through the light green curtain.

Troy chuckled as he hugged the older man. "You should be nice to me, Uncle Stu, I gots a booboo," he childishly whined.

"Yeah, you do, and a nasty one at that."

The capable doctor looked over the dark bruise where the branch fell after having his nephew remove his shirt. He noticed his patient squirmed a bit and sucked air through his teeth when his probing fingers gently touched the angry-looking area. As he continued with the rest of the routine checkup, Stuart chuckled and said, "Well, your ticklishness hasn't been negatively affected," when the examination of Troy's abdomen, stomach, ribcage, and sides caused the brunette's usual giggly response.

Troy paid close attention to the diagnosis of having a slight concussion. He agreed when he was told to take it easy for a few days and to get back to the hospital if he felt overly nauseous, got a migraine from bright light, or became dizzy. As he put his shirt back on, he looked at his honorary uncle and asked, "How's Lev, Uncle Stu?"

"When I helped prep him for surgery, he was resting comfortably, baby," Stuart softly responded as he hugged and kissed his nephew.

"Are you going back to be with him," Troy asked. His tears dampened his uncle's shoulder.

'"They will let me know when they're through working on Lev or if they need me for any complications."

Stuart's heart broke as he watched his nephew fight with the feeling of helplessness every parent or guardian has felt when those they care for are hurt and can't physically do anything to help their kids while they wait for updates.

"Jaycen, I was reading an intriguing article on your family," Tom said, "and it talked about how you and Troy basically raised Levie from birth. I'm not trying to be accusatory by asking this just curious. Was it an exaggeration at all?"

Jaycen stared at the older man for a moment or two before he narrowed his glittery emerald eyes. "Of all the audacity, Tom Wilmont," he firmly stated, "I can't believe you'd have the nerve to still call me Jaycen." He tried to hold back the giggles that threatened to erupt from his trembling lips, and after a couple of seconds, the pent-up laughter flew from him.

The Wilmont clan silently stared at the giggly redhead until Brandon started giggling, which made Greg laugh, followed by Linda and Tom.

"What would you prefer to be called," Linda asked as she dabbed at her eyes with a tissue."

"Call me Jayce, unless you're pissed at me, then you can be like everyone else and use Jaycen."

Greg smiled and asked, "Jaycepop, where did Lev get the name Bropop." He blushed when Brandon, his parents, and Jaycen looked at him. "I'm sorry, was I wrong? I've heard Levie add pop to your and Troy's names, and it felt right to call you that."

Jaycen leaned over, hugged Greg, and kissed his cheek. "Little bro, we'd be honored if you want to call me or Troy any of the names Lev's created for us," he paused and grinned at Brandon, "That goes for you too, Brandon. Troy and I are excited about getting to know each of you." He giggled when Brandon and Greg wrapped their arms around him and kissed his cheeks.

"Can I get in on the affection fest," Troy asked. He'd been standing off to the side, with a smile and tears in his eyes, watching his growing family start bonding."

"What'd Uncle Stu..."

"Lev's in surgery. Uncle Stuart prepped our boy and will be contacted when he's done or if complications arise." Troy wrapped his arms around his husband, and they melted into each other's warm embrace. "I heard your question, Tom, and we can honestly say that the article wasn't an exaggeration, and there are no hard feelings about your curiosity. We've become very used to that same inquiry over the years." He walked over, hugged, and kissed the Wilmonts. "Thank you for keeping my husband from going crazy while waiting for updates. It really means a lot to me."

Now that Troy was there, Linda felt it was time to get the past out in the open so nothing got blown out of proportion later. She cleared her throat, Troy, Jayce, I need to tell you guys something."

The younger couple each gently took hold of one of Linda's hands.

"Whatever it is weighing on your heart, I promise Jayce and I will remain open-minded and not interrupt."

"I appreciate that," Linda responded. "You both had the feeling of meeting me before, and that meeting caused Levie to run out of the house this evening without thinking and unarmed." She paused and wiped the tears from her eyes. "I was the social worker assigned to the case Levie's teacher fraudulently reported. When he saw me, your son immediately remembered me and what my recommendation to the court was."

Tom was confused. "Babe, what are you talking about?"

"Dad, Levie told me Mom recommended removing him from the home and placing him with a straight couple, then went even further to say that Troy and Jaycen shouldn't have contact with him until he turned eighteen."

Hearing Brandon's statement unlocked the Stillman couple's memories. They gazed into each other's eyes and then shocked Linda when they encased her in a love-filled, double-sided hug.

"That was all in the past," Troy said.

"What we remember of your investigation was your strict professionalism, your talent for asking the right questions to find the truth, your politeness, and how you treated us like human beings and not some reviled abomination," Jaycen offered.

"Linda," Troy said, "Although we didn't care for your views back then, we never bad-mouthed you, and this family does not hold grudges. I don't know why Levie had such a rash reaction."

"My God, Linda, we've always had friends in the LGBTQ community. Hell, our boys are gay. Why would you make such a prejudiced and closed-minded recommendation," Tom asked.

"Honestly, to this day, I don't know why. All I can come up with is at the time we started going to that awful preacher's church, and his sermons about how the gay community was tearing down the traditional family unit were starting to affect my rational thoughts." She wiped the tears from her eyes, then gazed into the younger men's eyes. "I'm not trying to excuse my past actions. Troy, Jacen, I'm truly sorry for any upset I caused your amazing family. As soon as possible, with your permission, I'd like to apologize to and talk with Levie so that hopefully we put this entire mess out of our misery."

Troy and Jaycen nodded and kissed Linda's cheeks.

"As far as we're concerned, you've got nothing to apologize for, and based on the fact that you guys fostered Greg, knowing he was gay, it's obvious your heart and soul didn't match your past mindset."

"I agree with my husband," Jaycen said, "and you don't have to ask permission to speak with and work things out with Levie. He's an adult and capable of making his own decisions. All we do now is love and help guide him when he has questions."

"Thank you both for listening to me and not judging my character based on the past. I can see why you two are highly regarded in the community."

The newly formed blended family unit smiled and shared a group hug, then continued talking and getting to know one another while waiting for an update on Levie.

This chapter basically wrote itself. I loved how everything came together and that the past was put to rest.

Love y'all
Copyright © 2024 Ticklishboy30; All Rights Reserved.
  • Love 8
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

akascrubber

Posted (edited)

Levie has been taken into surgery and a good doctor is operating on him. Jaycen was found to have a large bruise and slight concussion. Meanwhile Linda confesses to her recommendation to take the boys away from gay guardians. Linda blamed her action on recently attending a rigid curch which no longer guides her. She was forgiven and embraced. Her actions raising gay sons showed her heart was in the right place,

Edited by akascrubber
  • Love 4
Link to comment

A beautiful chapter of family bonding.

But all we know is Levie is in surgery.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Now where's the rope, to tie you down and the feather 🪶 to tickle you with, until you reveal that Levie is safe and sound,

  • Love 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Wonderful bonding and forgiveness between these amazing families.  Let's hope that Troy heals quickly and without concussion issues. Now how is Levie going in surgery?

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Hope the surgery with Levie goes well; but you know he would be happy with how the situation with Linda and the others resolved itself.

Few things can be as important as the love of ones family; and few things can be more destructive than that loved if turned in the wrong direction.  

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.  Still want the back story on the idiot gunning for the BroDads...  

  • Love 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, centexhairysub said:

Hope the surgery with Levie goes well; but you know he would be happy with how the situation with Linda and the others resolved itself.

Few things can be as important as the love of ones family; and few things can be more destructive than that loved if turned in the wrong direction.  

Can't wait to see how this all plays out.  Still want the back story on the idiot gunning for the BroDads...  

 

9 hours ago, Paladin said:

Wonderful bonding and forgiveness between these amazing families.  Let's hope that Troy heals quickly and without concussion issues. Now how is Levie going in surgery?

@centexhairysub @Paladin In time all answers will come. In the meantime please enjoy the hot and hunky naked surfer boys in Stetsons line dancing to Wynonna's "No On Else On Earth," Dolly Parton's "Romeo" and Shania Twain's "Any Man If Mine." :gikkle:

Edited by Ticklishboy30
  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..