Jump to content
    Tiger
  • Author
  • 4,251 Words
  • 1,896 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Sorcerous Prince - 16. Chapter 16: The Secret Room


 



A month had passed since Mihai learned the truth about his sister. Konstantin had talked to him about his parents' actions, and the more he thought about it, the more he thought they should have found a way to tell him before, without the immediate requirement of him viewing the re-creation of the violent deaths he witnessed. Once Pavel knew officially, he would be required to see it. Mihai had to do some research into loopholes, and the one loophole he found was the creation of a secret room, where no one outside of it would know what was done or discussed within. It was one of the most advanced forms of magic that could be done without musical accompaniment or rhyming spells. The location he chose was the salon on his floor of the palace.



 



It was the night before the Yule Promenade, which was a celebration of the last pagan holiday of the year, the one that celebrated the beginning of winter. The following day, it would snow as it did every year. The snow was, of course, created through magic as snow was exceedingly rare in the region. In addition, there would be a formal dance, one that was the antithesis of the one that was held for him and Pavel’s birthdays. Mihai had created the special barrier in the salon that turned it into a secret room. Konstantin had come over as well for moral support. Truth be told, Konstantin was disgusted with Mihai's parents as well as his own for forcing them to see the re-creation the way that they had. They were well-aware of the creation of secret rooms.



 



Mihai and Konstantin had sat on the sofa and waited for Pavel to join them. As he walked into the room, the door closed of its own accord, and the door, walls, ceiling, and floor temporary glowed with what looked like rippling waves in a body of water. “What's going on?” Pavel asked suspiciously. “Why is there a secret room barrier?”



 



“Because we have something to tell you 'unofficially.'” Mihai told him flatly. “You will want to sit down for this one.” Pavel's eyes widened and his mouth opened in shock as Mihai revealed the details of his sister's, and Pavel's cousin's, death. Pavel became angry when Mihai told him about how his parents had hidden this information from him and how Empress Guadalupe had been informed of the deception and went along with it. “How could they not tell us about this?” Pavel spat. “I don't even want to look at any of them. I want to tell them off.”



 



“You cannot do so,” Mihai reminded him firmly. “You do NOT want to see this re-creation now. Besides, what is said in this room cannot be revealed unless I am the one to reveal it or someone else reveals it to you from the outside. Should you even try, your tongue will swell to the point where you cannot speak at all until such temptation passes. The only reason I'm telling you now is so that you can be prepared when the day comes when they finally tell you. I am still haunted by it, and the more I think about it, the angrier I am at my parents. One more wrong move, and I'm going to move to the Palace of the Crown Prince. I will try to talk your mother into letting you move with me if that is your wish, but I cannot guarantee that she will allow it.”



 



“So is there anything else any of them are hiding?” Pavel asked bitterly.



 



“Actually, there is.” Mihai sighed. “Do you remember the last time your mother visited?”



 



“Yes,” Pavel retorted.



 



“After we left Jevartus the last time, your mother went to see the Dark Emperor.” Pavel cringed when Mihai mentioned the Dark Emperor. He had met the man and despised him from the moment he laid eyes upon him. “He agreed to terms for releasing Karan into her custody. She wanted to give him life imprisonment for his crimes. The agreement was ten years. That's not all. He took the Everlasting Pledge to not try to harm me in any way or to send someone else to harm me. However, I too had to make the same pledge to him.”



 



“After all that bastard has done?” Pavel was fuming. “How could she allow him to live? He has been subverting the Empire of Magic ever since he became Dark Emperor. I suppose I shall be the one to kill the son of a bitch.”



 



“Pavel,” Mihai said firmly. “He is a very powerful man. He will one day meet his end I'm sure. Your mother accepted the terms to protect the future of the Empire of Magic. But now she may be the one in peril. For whatever reason, he wants Karan as Emperor. His reasons are unclear, but he even sent Karan to the Cave of Spirits.”



 



“Yet another god damn secret?” Pavel fumed. “I may be young, but I'm not a child. I should be told about these things.”



 



“Yes you should,” Mihai agreed. “That's why I am telling you. The Dark Emperor's initial plans have been foiled, so now he will have to find other ways to work against us. Should he make the wrong move, there will be war, and your mother did not have to make the pledge herself. On her whim, he can be hunted down and killed. It is much easier for her to kill him than for him to kill her. He actually has some strange fascination with her. He may even, in some sick and twisted way, have feelings for her.”



 



“What makes you think that?” Pavel asked incredulously.



 



“Well, I have heard a lot of rumors from the Baron,” Mihai laughed. “He is not too good at keeping secrets apparently, and the man loves to gossip.”



 



“He's such a gossip queen,” Konstantin added in an attempt to lighten up the mood.



 



“Indeed,” Pavel quipped. “I guess if we want to know something, he's the one to ask. At the very least he'll beat around the bush and give us just enough information so that we can find out the rest ourselves easily enough. Then again, I can't go to the Hall of Records yet.” This was true. Pavel was still underage, and the Hall of Records was only for ages 16 and up.



 



“If there's something you really need to know, we'll find out for you,” Mihai assured him. “I'm tired of them withholding information from us. I agree that, for the most part, you're old enough to know. You're not a child. You're growing up. I’m proud of the way you have been behaving lately. I think moving here with me has been good for you.”



 



“You're a much better role model than Karan.” Pavel shook his head. “He is exactly where he belongs. I hope someday he realizes the error of his ways. The dark is the path to self-destruction. I know our mother isn't perfect, but she did at least try to teach him that. I think her recent strictness is out of guilt for her failures with him.”



 



“It's not all her fault,” Mihai said in defense of Empress Guadalupe. “There's some kind of hold that the Dark Emperor has over him. I wonder...”



 



“What?” Pavel pressed.



 



“It has to be a coincidence,” Mihai told himself out loud.



 



“Do you think that Karan is the Dark Emperor's son?” Pavel asked. “I've been thinking it ever since I found out that the Dark Emperor is a shape shifter.”



 



“Well, there is that,” Mihai agreed. “But how? I mean, your mother despises him. Surely she would not willingly sleep with him.”



 



“I once overheard your mother talking to Melva,” Pavel revealed. “She was talking about a potion that she and my mother had used on the Dark Emperor's wife years ago to make her infertile. Do you suppose that the Dark Emperor found out about it and disguised himself as my father?”



 



“That could be.” Mihai shuddered at the thought. “But that would definitely mean that we don't want Karan to be the next Emperor. Illegitimate or not, this would mean that he is from two imperial bloodlines. He could unite both empires into one Dark Empire. The military would have no choice but to obey his will, and many of the royals and nobles would embrace the dark to protect themselves from his wrath, though I think they would find a way to subvert him. Still, it is best that we find a way to secure one of us as the next Emperor. I believe it should be you, Mihai. All you need is some more backbone, and you'll be the best Emperor ever!”



 



“Once I am an Advanced Wizard, I can lead a quest,” Mihai said. “The item Karan sought had to be the Medallion of Diederik. As you know, we are required to find a magical item to become an advanced sorcerer or Beginning Wizard. I am likely to advance more quickly than you, so I can lead you on the quest. The Cave of Souls contains the Helmet of Vilem, which would be a great item for you. There is also a portal in the cave to the very pyramid our grandfather and great grandfather took Anica to the day she died. It is the only way in. Karan was likely more interested in the Medallion of Diederik, but he would have taken both had he not been declared unworthy by the ghost of the real Emperor Justino. Are you willing to take the journey with me one day?”



 



“Absolutely,” Pavel said with conviction. “I have heard of both items. I would be glad to serve as your general!” If two different people attained the Medallion of Diederik and Helmet of Vilem respectively, the one with the helmet of Vilem would be the eventual Emperor or Empress's top general and would be required to join The Magical Army after completing college with a Bachelor of Science in Magical Military Tactics.



 



“I like your new attitude, Pavel!” Mihai replied with equal enthusiasm. “The three of us will shape the future of the empire!”



 



“I'm glad you're including me,” Konstantin chimed in before kissing Mihai on the cheek. “I would be honored to be a part of it. We can change so much in this world. We shall vanquish every demon in existence and make changes to our government!”



 



“I'm glad that you agree,” Mihai replied before responding with a kiss of his own. “The world is in need of the change that we can bring. Our time will come to leave our mark on the empire and maybe even the entire galaxy!”



 



“I'd be honored to be by your side every step of the way!” Konstantin said intently. “I love you, Mihai.”



 



“I love you too, Konstantin,” Mihai responded sincerely, this time kissing him on the lips. Pavel felt left out, but he was happy that his cousin had found love. He too wanted someone to stand by his side in what were expected to be the difficult years of their lives. Even as powerful as he and Mihai were, they could not change the world themselves. Their parts were leadership. The demons were a most formidable enemy, and even though the Council of Nobles was on their side, they would resist change. What amazed Pavel the most was that Mihai had, throughout the conversation, given him complete access to his mind. Their visions of the future of the empire were startlingly similar. Pavel dared not enter Konstantin's mind, but he could tell that he too shared their vision of a better future. The biggest hurdle was time. It would not be within a year or even a decade, but someday they would bring the changes that were needed, piece by piece.



 



“Mihai, what's up with Melody?” Konstantin asked out of the blue.



 



“I scan her mind every week,” Mihai said, shaking his head. “She still shows no signs of remorse. I'm thinking about letting her go anyway. I don't think it's helping at all. She's a lost cause.”



 



“Do you think she'll seek revenge?” Konstantin asked with concern in his voice.



 



“She would be foolish to do so,” Mihai replied flatly. “If she does, she will be executed. I don't like resorting to execution, but it seems like that may be all that can be done.”



 



“Then that means this will be her last chance,” Konstantin said coolly. “She has always been a nasty one. I've never figured out what Keegan sees in her.”



 



“Well, believe or not, she's actually popular,” Mihai stated. “She also protects his rep and more importantly, Ted's rep.”



 



“What do you mean Ted?” Konstantin was confused.



 



“There's more than meets the eye.” Mihai had been holding onto this secret for over a month now, and he was finally ready to share it. “Keegan and Ted have been lovers for years, but Ted's dad is a big time homophobe. His dad thinks that Melody's friend, Leah, is Ted's girlfriend, but she's not. Melody and Leah are both clueless, but they are beards.” Mihai could not help but chuckle. “Not even Sir Curtis knows, and he's gay too.”



 



“One would think that the number of magical people who are gay or bi would be enough to stamp out homophobia,” Pavel grumbled. “So why have they hidden it from the general?”



 



“I didn't dig that far,” Mihai replied. “I just know that he has no idea. I think it might be because he would have something to say about their beards.”



 



“Speaking of beards,” Konstantin chuckled. “When are you going to release Melody?”



 



“There's still time tonight,” Mihai told him. “I might as well do it now. I think we're about finished here for now anyway.”



 



“Oh, I am supposed to ask you something else.” Konstantin was supposed to talk to Mihai about something else. “Can Jake and Tyler stay here tomorrow night with their dates?”



 



“I don't see why not,” Mihai told him. “This floor is mine to have guests as I please. It shouldn't be a problem. Carissa has told me that she and Tyler's relationship is going well. She has never liked a guy this much. Anyone who can make my best friend that happy deserves a favor or two.”



 



“I'm glad you feel that way,” Konstantin said warmly. “Now why don't we go ahead and free the prisoner?” Mihai nodded. The three of them went to the door, and Mihai opened it. He came face to face with a woman with black hair. “Hello Cheryl!”



 



“Well well,” Cheryl said in a teasing voice. “You've figured out how to create a secret room. I doubt your parents would like that. Don't worry. I'm not going to tell them. I was just wondering why.” Mihai led Cheryl into the secret room. She sat down where Pavel had before, so he sat down on the couch with Konstantin and Mihai. Mihai told Cheryl all about his sister and how his parents had hidden her life and death from him. “That's horrible. I'd known about your sister. They've always told me you get really upset whenever her name is brought up and that I should not mention her at all to you. It didn't make sense, but I didn't really question it. I'm very disappointed in them. Obviously, they would know about secret rooms. Let me guess. You wanted to tell Pavel without it being 'official', right?”



 



“That was the plan,” Mihai confirmed.



 



“Well, from what I've heard of her death, someone would need preparation.” Cheryl was silent for a few moments as she contemplated. “Have you considered moving to the other palace? It is your birthright, and if your parents are hiding things like that from you, then you might need some space.”



 



“If anything else happens, I will,” Mihai promised. “There's a problem though?”



 



“And what might that be?” she asked.



 



Mihai let out a sigh. “My mother is the one who teaches me potions.”



 



“I can teach you potions!” she informed him fervently. “Hospitality is what I normally do, but I've trained in potions. It's my hobby. I could easily hire someone else here part time for when I'm not around. Just keep that in mind if you decide to move. And I really do think you should. You're an adult, and your parents are often wrapped up in their own little worlds. You've practically raised yourself, and you've done a fine job!”



 



“Thanks!” Mihai replied. “I'll be thinking about it. I'll let you know what I decide.”



 



“You should decide soon,” Cheryl said, winking at him. “During your break from school is the best time.”



 



“I know.” Mihai was seriously considering it, but he needed more time. He knew his parents would dislike the idea, but he also knew what his rebuttal could be if they attempted to block the plan. For now, he was just going to leave his decision for later. He was not about to move that night or even the next day. He was really looking forward to the annual promenade. Cheryl stood up and said her goodbyes to all of them, exiting the room with purpose. She had much planning to do for the following day's event, and she was already running behind.



 



Mihai, Konstantin, and Pavel made their way to the dungeon. Mihai did not need to consult a judge as he could free Melody of his own accord. Mihai talked to the guard and asked him to procure Melody's wand and the robe she had worn the night she was arrested as well as her undergarments, socks, and boots. The clothing prisoners wore was similar to the ones used in mortal prisons and were orange in color.



 



Yes, Your Highness,” the guard replied as he turned on his heel and went to the storage room.



 



Mihai used his power to unlock the door of Melody's cell, and the three of them entered. “Good evening, Melody,” Mihai greeted her.



 



“Good evening, Your Highness,” she replied coldly. “Is there something you need?”



 



“No,” Mihai replied. “I have come to let you know that you are now free.” Taking out his wand, Mihai aimed it at the special collar around Melody's neck. The item deactivated and opened. Melody removed the device almost immediately. “The guard's name is Nathan. He's fetching your wand and your clothes. He will allow you to dress in here. He will then escort you out and give your wand to you as soon as you are outside the gate.”



 



“Very well, sir.” she said plainly.



 



“Keep in mind that I will not be lenient next time,” Mihai warned. “If you mess with me again, you will spend time in an actual prison. Do you understand?”



 



“Yes, sir” she replied with obvious fear. “I will trouble you no more.”



 



“That's good,” Mihai said flatly. “I'm leaving now.” The guard was already standing by the door. Mihai led the way, and the three of them left the dungeon, a part of the palace that Mihai hoped he would not be seeing again for a while.



 



Mihai led Konstantin to the main door of the palace. It was late, and Konstantin was ready to return home for the evening. At midnight, the snow storm would start. It was tradition for there to be plenty of snow by morning, usually about a foot. It took powerful magic, and the temperatures, which normally did not fall below the upper 30's, would be plummeting to the mid teens to make sure that the snow was not too wet and was good for making snow creatures, which would be brought to life throughout the entire holiday. The magical choir would stay up late to cast the spell. “Are you ready for our first snow as a couple?” Mihai asked.



 



“Of course I am,” Konstantin replied. “I've always wanted to try sex in the snow. Are you up for it?” Mihai could not hide his emotions well, and Konstantin giggled as he noticed the rosy hue of Mihai's cheeks.



 



“I've honestly never thought about it,” Mihai admitted shyly. “But if you really want to, I'm sure we can find a private spot. “The idea is making me hard.” Mihai's latter admission had made his cheeks even redder, and Konstantin's laugh was much more forceful this time. After his laughter subsided, he gave Mihai a gentle kiss on the lips. He then reached down and grabbed both of Mihai's ass cheeks.



 



“Asshole!” Mihai yelled in mock irritation. “Now I'm really horny. You might just have to stay the night so that you can take care of the problem.”



 



“Now now,” Konstantin teased. “You do have a familiar, and my tuxedo for tomorrow night is still at home. Besides, we can't f**k all night. We need to save some our energy for tomorrow night.”



 



“Alright,” Mihai said in feigned sadness with a frown to match, at least until he could no longer stifle his laughter. “I'll see you tomorrow. I love you.”



 



“I love you too,” Konstantin replied before giving him another kiss.



 



Mihai watched as Konstantin walked out the door and could not help but miss him already. Sighing, Mihai turned around and headed toward the staircase. He pressed the button that would allow him to go to his desired floor with just one flight. When Mihai reached it, he noticed Fabian standing beside the secret room. “So are you going to fill me in or what?” Fabian asked him.



 



“Sure,” Mihai promised. “But first, I'm going to make love to you.” Mihai had already stocked the secret room with condoms and lube just in case, and he was no less horny when he saw Fabian. The two of them made love on the couch. Mihai and Konstantin snuggled as Mihai filled him on the details of why he had created the secret room.



 



“How did he take it?” Fabian inquired as he stroked Mihai's hair.



 



“He was pissed,” Mihai told Fabian. “Pavel is probably not ready to see the re-creation, and officially, he does not know. The best telepath in the world would have to probe his mind for hours to find the answer and would have a severe headache by the time it was over.”



 



“That's some powerful magic,” Fabian said incredulously. “I didn't know just how powerful. Is this one of those spells that only royals and nobles can know?”



 



“No,” Mihai said flatly. “It's one that I could only find in the Rousseau Family Book of Spells. Only those of the imperial line can even touch the book. Any attempt to recreate a spell for an outsider would result in death for all parties involved, even if one of the people involved is the Emperor or Empress. Neither royals nor nobles can even look at it. Since Konstantin is apparently a distant relative, he can, but he's the exception and not the rule. Not even my mother can touch it.”



 



“That's some serious security!” Fabian gasped in amazement. “But doesn't that mean your father has the means to break the spell?”



 



“No,” Mihai replied with a mischievous grin. “Only I can break the spell. The best part is that it's actually a nonverbal spell.” This meant that he had to concentrate on creating it and that it had to be created in a meticulous way. One wrong move would mean that the barrier would not work properly. “It took me three tries to get it. Konstantin tried it four times and failed.”



 



“That's impressive!” Fabian exclaimed. “You really are a natural. It sounds like an advanced spell. Are there any nonverbal spells that are more complex?”



 



“Only one,” Mihai replied. “It's a transfiguration spell that turns a human into a small mammal of any kind. Those are the most difficult nonverbals. Turning a human into a larger mammal is much easier. To transfigure a human into any non-mammal requires a verbal spell. So it is some advanced magic.”



 



“Have you tried turning anyone into a rat?” Fabian asked him.



 



Mihai snickered. “No Fabian, I haven't. It's considered bad form. It's actually a misdemeanor even for me to transfigure a member of the gentry into a small mammal and a felony to transfigure anyone else of the imperial line.”



 



“That's a stupid law,” Fabian spat. “You should be able to turn anyone into anything you want.”



 



Mihai messed up Fabian's hair. “No, I should not be able to do that. It's even harder to turn them back and not just a little painful. Now, you naughty familiar... Let's go to bed.”



 



“Can I do you before we go to sleep?” Fabian asked coquettishly.



 



“Of course!” Mihai practically jumped off the sofa and ran out of the door with Fabian following closely behind. Neither cared about being naked and in the hallway where a staff member might see.

Copyright © 2011 Tiger; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..