Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Chaos Lives in Everything - 49. Chapter 49

Song for this chapter is "You Know What You Are?"

Skold, Dom, Candestine, and Maeglin stepped into the middle of the ensuing chaos. The night, once eerily quiet, was now filled with the blast of guns and shouts. Skold’s small army was advancing forward to meet a swarm of oncoming abominations. Skold had the feeling that what had happened to Vladmir’s grandmother had happened to the rest of the village as well.

His lungs filtered the cold air in and out and his heart raced not with fear but with anticipation. Despite his recovered sense of emotion, Skold would always be a warrior before anything else. This was what he was born to do, what he lived for. He threw himself into the fray, sword in one hand, gun in the other. He jumped into the path of a charging abomination and blew its head off. The sight of its head disintergrating in an explosion of black pulp excited him, made his blood lust even stronger. He decided to let go of his mind, to let his body do all of the work.

He lashed out with a kick, planting his booted heel in the stomach of an abomination. If he had done this to a human he would have likely killed them for sure. If the kick itself didn’t kill them then the internal bleeding would. But this creature was no longer fae. The plague had altered it on a genetic level to become something entirely new, something that was much more durable. He finished with a slash of his sword. Even after six centuries of non use the blade was dangerously sharp and cut through the flesh easily, like a knife cutting through butter. He spun around and decapitated another swipe of his sword. The blade danced through the air, seeming to reflect the light from the moon. He moved with a grace and fluidity that almost seemed feminine.

To be in the moment of doing what only came natural was as blissful, as euphoric as sex. It was like the releasing of endorphins as you reached burst into orgasm. Is this how it felt like the last time I was here? Skold thought. Or did I feel weary, tired after all of the years of fighting? He grabbed an abomination by its throat and twisted it; the sound of bone snapping was music to his ears. Still the creature struggled to break free, its tendril of a tongue darting towards his face. He finished it off with a bullet through the skull.

To his right, Dom laughed and roared, “Nothing like a good fight!

Someone to his right shouted, “Fuere!” and a ball or orange fire shot through the air like a rocket. It hit one of the creatures and launched them several feet into the air. The creature’s body disinteregrated, falling like a meteor. What remained hit a blue car making the alarm go off. Skold filtere the sound out and moved on.

The sound of a high-pitched screech alerted him. He turned just as the creature was about to hit him face first and shouted, “ Sdhlie!

The creature smacked face first into a wall of solid kinetic energy with such force that it was thrown to the ground in a stunned, disheveled mess. Skold pressed the creature down with his boot; he didn’t hesitate to finish it off with a bullet. These creatures may have been human once but they were not human now. And as of now there was no cure for them, no hope, and no time.

Skold was about to holster his gun, for it was empty, and reach for the other when a creature slammed into him from the right with enough force to knock him into the air. He crashed through the window of a tiny used clothing store. His back slammed into the counter hard enough to knock the air from his lungs.

Dizzy, Skold tried to get to his feet when the cash register fell from the top of the counter on top of his head.

He slumped back against the counter, his ears ringing. Outside of the store the sounds of battle were muffled. Two of the creatures leapt through the window. One raised a clawed hand and a sharp-tipped tendril shot towards his face. Skold managed to roll to the side before it could strike him. With his senses now fully renewed, and his head still stinging profusely. He drew his lips back from his teeth in a silent snarl, challenging the abominations.

One of them launched itself off of the counter into the air. Again it’s tongue shot out of its mouth at his face. He caught it in both hands and swung around in a full three hundred and sixty degree circle before letting it go. The creature flew across the store, knocking over several racks of clothes, before crashing into the wall. He turned to face the other one.

Interestingly it seemed to get that of the two of them it was in the greatest danger. It backed away, heading towards the shattered window. So they do possess some sort of intelligence, Skold thought, cocking his head slightly to the side. They’re not all just rampaging mindless beasts. At least they don’t start out that way when first turned. No matter…

He emptied half of the Colt into the back of the creature’s head, turned, and emptied the rest into the other creature that was starting to rise to its feet.

Now it’s time to give the bigger guns a turn.

He reloaded both Colts, slid them back into the twin harnesses attached to his belt, slid the sword back into the scabbard strapped to his back, and pulled out the two Uzis. He climbed through the shattered window.

The street was littered with bodies. Most of them were of the abominations but there were a few that was of his own. We have to go, he thought. We can’t waste all of our time and energy fighting these things.

“Head towards the castle!” he shouted. His voice carried well over the rattle of gun fire. “Head towards the castle now!”

He waved at Dom, Candestine, and Maeglin to follow him and broke into a run.

2017 Valentine Davis
  • Like 8
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great start to the battle; Skold is not invincible, but I doubt any of these creatures could take him one on but; but a whole group might be a problem.  Yea, you will have to stop them at the source; the castle will be the key.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..