Jump to content
    Victor Gutte
  • Author
  • 2,916 Words
  • 1,571 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Leo and Mario - 1. Happy Birthday?

Happy Birthday Drewbear! :hug::kiss:  . I used the Prompt 492 - “Now what do we do?”

*Mario*

"Now what do we do?" I looked at the mess in the kitchen and my 3 failed attempts at making chicken frittatas. In my 4th attempt, I used vegetables and mushrooms instead and loaded it in the oven.

“Meow!” I stopped myself mid yelp and looked at our Russian Blue cat, Cutie Pi. Blame my boyfriend's obsession with pi for that name. He likely is hungry or is angry that he missed the cuddle session with his favorite human aka Leo. Because, I gave Jessie the task of keeping Leo in bed and she does her job exceptionally well.

“Shh! You’re going to wake him up!” I whispered. Okay, I whisper way louder than the cat mews. At this rate, Im going to wake him up.

“Meow!” Well, hungry it is then. "MEOW!"

“Okay! Okay! I’m going to feed you, just stay quiet.” I said placing the bowl on the floor. “You are only getting wet food coz it’s Leo’s birthday today.”

The cat started eating, not caring for anything except his food. I quietly pulled out the ingredients to make "my" special skillet breakfast. Not really, I just downloaded the recipe from internet.

“So, I need to shred potatoes, where’s the food processor? Do you know where the food processor is Cutie Pi?” I asked searching the cabinets. Okay, why am I talking to a cat? Its not like he understands me or is going to answer me in anyway. "Ah, found it!”

Plugging it in, I remembered that a food processor would probably make noise. It definitely does, you Doofus. Its not you having sex. Fuck, this isn’t going to be easy. I have no other option than to use a manual one. I noticed the timer go off in my phone and went to remove the frittatas from the oven.

After shredding the potatoes, I realized I was supposed to pre-heat the oven, again. This time to a higher temperature. Well, I was wondering why I haven’t messed up till now. After setting the oven to 350, I decided to get the other ingredients ready. As I was chopping some bell peppers, Pi decided that he wanted some of what I was making and started purring and rubbing himself around my legs.

“Not now Cutie, I’m cooking. Go play somewhere else.” He didn’t like being nudged away. So, he leapt on the counter and set to inspect my frittatas. ”Chh! No! Don’t put your paws there. In fact, get off the counter. Go, play outside.”

Cutie Pi paid no heed to my words and leapt on the opposite counter and settled there. Well, as long as he’s not disturbing me, I’m okay. I have problems of my own, like if I should make tea or coffee. Leo does appreciate good tea, but it's not like he has an aversion to coffee. Well, we have a coffee maker, so making a pot might be easier. I better not complicate things by overdoing anything. Hence, coffee it is.

As, I put the almost ready breakfast in the oven, I was reminded of the first time I met Leo.

*****

It was just a little over an year since I met Leo. I moved to San Francisco from Salt Lake City only a couple of months before. I finally decided I wanted to see the city, and started by visiting the California Academy of Sciences. I was looking at the swamp i.e. reptile exhibit. You know, the place where albino alligators and pythons exist. Lemondrop, the albino reticulated python and I decided to engage in a staring contest. Lemondrop won. What? He was scary!

“Don’t think you won. I just let you off easy coz I have a lot of things to do, unlike you.”

Lemondrop may have gotten angry because he started to tap at the glass. Now don’t ask me how I knew he’s a male, I have no idea. I hastily made an exit before he broke free and strangled me to death.

I had gone a short distance when I heard a ‘hiss’ and started walking faster. I felt a tap on my shoulder and started to scream at the top of my voice, startling everyone around me.

“Jeez bro, just calm down okay. I just wanted to give you your wallet. I saw it fall from your pocket when you started running.” I turned around at the voice, and found myself looking at the most beautiful pair of eyes I have seen. Almond shaped, they are the most delicious shade of chocolate brown. Heck I could just lick those babies. I felt a hand before my face and embarrassment washed over me as I noticed the dirty looks the bystanders were giving me. Lowering my head, I took the wallet from his hand while thanking him and left immediately apologizing others in my way.

What were you thinking looking at him like that? No wonder everyone was giving you those dirty looks. And you ware running? In the museum? What were you thinking. He probably thinks you're a clown and not the scary kind either Doesnt matter, its not like youre going to get married to him anyways.

As I exited the museum, I got a call from mom. She wanted to know how I was getting settled and stuff. After ending the call, I sat down on a bench on the sidewalk and put my phone beside me. Just as I closed my eyes, I felt someone sitting next to me. I opened my eyes to find my beautiful chocolate eyed angel, and he’s sitting on my phone.

“Hey,” I barely whispered. “It’s a lovely day out there, isn’t it?”

“Yes it is,” he spoke with a deep raspy voice. “I’m Leonard Harrington, Leo for short.”

“Nice to meet you Leo, I’m Marius Prospect, aka Mario” I said as we shook hands. I felt my whole body tingle as soon as I touched him.

"Are you okay?" he looked concerned.

Oh shit! He's noticing! He'll know how much of a weirdo you are and leave you behind. Distract him! Distract him with something! Distract him immediately!

"Umm, you're sitting on my phone." Seriously? All you could come up with is "Umm, you're sitting on my phone." What's wrong with you?

He looked confused but his eyes soon widened in understanding and he immediately stood up. The iPhone's screen was cracked. "Man, I'm so sorry. I'll buy you a new one." and he sounded quite sincere.

"It's okay Leo, you don't need to buy me a new one. I was planning to replace it anyways." I smiled.

"That is not going to make me feel any better. I still would feel terrible for breaking something of yours. Let me buy a new one for you."

"Please, no. You haven't even done anything. I shouldn't have put the phone on the bench in the first place."

"But I would feel terrible. At least let me treat you to lunch, it'll make me feel better." he pleaded. Leo looked so adorable doing it, I had to cave.

"Okay but I am not really hungry. How about we just go to the Starbucks over there and chat over some coffee and snacks?"

As we entered the Starbucks, I noticed that there was an empty table by the window. What would he think if I just made a beeline to it. It's not like you find an empty table just lying around in Starbucks on a pleasant day like today. Is this heaven's indication that we're meant to be together? Maybe one of us could keep the seats, while the other gets the order, or I should just wait and see what's on his mind?

Apparently, he was thinking the same thing as he said "Why don't you sit while I order? What would you like?"

Restraining myself from getting on my knee and asking him to marry me, I pretended to take a look at the menu and told him I wanted a Smoked Butterscotch Frappuccino.

"Along with?" he raised an eyebrow.

"A veggie and brown rice salad," I was barely audible to myself, let alone him hearing me. I lifted my head to look at him and he was looking at the menu.

"A Hearty Veggie and Brown Rice Salad Bowl? Did I get that right?" There was no judgement in his eyes. Thank God for that! I only nodded my agreement and he left to place the orders.

10 minutes later, we both were sitting on the table facing each other sipping our cold 'beverages' rather silently. He got a Green Tea thingy. So, must be a health person. Nah! He wouldn't be getting a BBQ Beef Sandwich if he was one. But he does look mighty hot. Just a tea person then.

Since I was no longer running away or panting due to proximity, I got to see his features better. Apart from the breathtaking eyes, he had a healthy tan, presumably from surfing. Leo in board shorts, that's an image you I don't want to have right now. High cheekbones with a jawline that is a mix between square and oval, he had the perfect facial features which were further elevated by his longish black hair. His body looked well toned, with just the right amount of muscle giving him a super hot look.

"So, I have a feeling you are not from here?" Leo asked breaking my daydream.

"Yeah, I'm from Salt Lake City, Utah. It's been only 2 weeks since I moved here. You do look like you're from here. You're quite tanned."

"No, I'm actually from Texas. My dad's Mexican so, that could probably explain my complexion. I moved here about an year ago after getting admitted into university."

"Texas, has a lot of good universities too. Why didn't you go there?" Please, please, just give one indication that you're gay. Just one.

"True, but my parents are not really that accepting of gay people you know. It was a shock to them already and I thought that the distance would do us both good." Seeing the surprise on his face, I could tell that he had not intended to share that. Seeing it as an indication from God, I jumped right in.

"True, I could understand that. My parents are mormons. Although, they're accepting of me, I felt that I needed a fresh start. While SLC is a great place, my family's association with the church wouldn't be that easy for me." I preferred to keep the actual reason to myself. For then at least.

Then onwards, the conversation flowed quite freely. I found that he majors in mathematics at UC Berkeley and hopes to become a teacher someday.

"Really?" I asked surprised. "You wouldn't have any problems spending everyday between a bunch of teenagers?"

"Why would that be a problem? I love teaching and besides, I've been a high school student once." he was amused.

"Seeing that you were in high school at one point makes me surprised you even want to return there. This time as a teacher, which is more terrible."

He fell out laughing at that. His laugh was so contagious I had to join in, albeit rather subtly. I told him that my vegetarianism is due to my allergy to meat. Although, I could eat chicken and fish as they don't contain alpha-gal molecules. I could tell that this man is going to become really special to me that very moment. If not, he will still be a great friend and someone trustworthy.

I couldn't remember how long we both spent talking. It had started to get dark when we finally left. I decided to ask him for his phone number.

"Can we exchange phone numbers?" he asked first.

"Sure, give me yours." I said as I took out a notepad and pen to write it down. After, writing his down, Leo gave me his phone and asked me to punch it down.

"An android? I'm surprised it didn't come up in our conversation." I said punching the numbers in his phone.

"I didn't mention because I know how sensitive you Apple kids are." he smiled winking at me.

I stuck my tongue out in return. As we walked to the transit station, our hands kept brushing each other. It seemed both of us wanted the contact but were afraid of what the other would think. I eventually had enough, and held his hand. He smiled bashfully at me, intertwining our fingers together.

We were waiting at the station, which was surprisingly empty, for the train to arrive when he asked "Where do you live?"

"I live in the Downtown, and I assume you live in Berkeley, close to the university?"

"Yeah, and my train will be arriving soon." he sighed. It was so adorable seeing him like that.

"Come, gimme a hug." I said pulling him into one. It is a known thing that you go to the right when giving a hug. Apparently, Leo didn't know that as he went to the left resulting in a kiss. We quickly retracted but held the hug. Looking into his eyes, I went for a second one. He didn't object. Our lips met for the second time and decided that they are meant to be together and performed a slow dance. I didn't know how long we kissed, it may have been for a minute or ten but it didn't feel enough. Eventually, we were brought back by the announcement that the train arrived.

We broke the kiss and looked at each other with goofy smiles. "So, I will see you soon I guess." Leo said bashfully.

"Yeah," I replied leaning in for another kiss. We broke this one quickly and he boarded. As the train moved out, he threw another kiss at me which I believe I caught immediately with a promise that it is only the beginning of many other kisses to come.

***** 

The timer on my phone went off reminding me that the eggs were baked enough. I took them out quickly and placed them on the counter to cool a bit. Remembering the first time, I decided to make green tea for him instead of coffee.

I put some chopped ginger and some mint leaves in the water along with the tea. Leo said that they will enhance the flavor of tea. Instead of mixing sugar, I went with honey, and finally squeezed a bit of lemon. Tasting it beforehand, the taste was not bad. At least I don't have to worry about him getting poisoned.

Placing all the 'stuff' on a breakfast tray, I slowly started to make my way to the bedroom. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Pi getting ready to pounce on me.

"Oh no you don't!" I said moving quickly before he pounced and just missed him by a hair's width. "Don't even think about it cat, I'll murder you if you mess this up even a little bit."

In the bedroom, Jessie, our Golden Retriever (aka the best dog in the world) is snuggled up to Leo and kept him sleeping. She started wagging her tail as soon as she saw me and I reminded her to be quiet.

Carefully placing the breakfast next to Leo's bedside table, I leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on his mouth. He stirred and a smile came over his face before opening his beautiful almond eyes. "Good morning my prince," he smiled.

"Happy birthday hush puppy," I gave him another kiss.

"Thank you. Hmm, what’s that smell?" He turned and looked at the breakfast, "Woah! You made me breakfast?" he asked sitting upright.

"Yeah."

"What is this?" Leo looked curiously at the tray.

"I don't know, I took it from the internet."

"Looks delicious. Aren't you going to feed me?" he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Of course I am," I said taking the spoon. Exactly at the same time, the devil aka Cutie Pi jumped over the tray knocking all of its contents to the floor.

"YOU BLOODY CAT! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! NO ONE'S GOING TO SAVE YOU TODAY!" I lurched towards the evil cat but Leo held me back.

"Babe! It's my birthday today, even they get to have a little fun." he said with a puppy dog eyes look.

Fuck!

"Alright, let me clean this mess up then." I sighed and turned around to see Jessie eating the fallen down mess. "Jessie! You shouldn't eat this stuff! You'll get ill. Let me clean this and I'll get you wet dog food."

While that didn't stop her from eating, she didn't object to me taking it away. Fifteen minutes and a happily satisfied dog later, I found myself in the bedroom again.

"Fuck! There's a stain on my shirt." I mumbled trying to remove it.

"You know, I think there's still breakfast left for me." I heard Leo saying.

I finally got the shirt off, "What do you mean?"

He pushed me onto the bed and climbed over me. Licking my lower lip, he seductively whispered "You know, the same one I love more than anything else. You should have just gotten me this in the first place."

True, I should have just done that. This one is way easier to make and way less trouble. And if Leo keeps going the way he is, he'll be ending up with dessert first.

Thank you Kitt for your magical editing hug-transparent.gif . This wouldn't have been possible without you.
I've written this story expecting it to be a stand alone piece, but the characters grew on me and well you know ... so, let me know if you think I should continue the story or leave it as a stand alone piece smile.png
And please feel free to head over to the forum Drew has created for me and share your thoughts :)
http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/41013-a-new-life-across-the-world-by-victor-gutte/
Copyright © 2016 Victor Gutte; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Aww these two are sweet. I could picture the 'evil' cat stalking the human with the tray he wanted to investigate :lol: My vote would be to write more about them... first real date... moving in together... meeting each others' families, etc.

Link to comment

I could easily see these characters appearing in a series of vignettes. I would definitely enjoy reading more about these characters.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

These guys are sweet Victor. I think you should tell us more of their story. :thumbup:

Link to comment

My vote: More! :D Cheep cheep! :lol:

 

This was a wonderful chapter Victor! It works brilliantly as a stand alone, and also as a great intro to a larger story. :hug: I especially enjoyed Cutie Pi :D That kitty clearly thinks he's the boss of the house :gikkle:

 

Thank you so much for this lovely gift mi Principe :kiss:

Link to comment

Definitely more AKA as another chapter or 20 :) . This was charming, Victor. You have a knack for sweetness, and I think you scored a hit with this little offering. It was quirky in the best way. Well done, and cheers, my friend... Gary...

Link to comment

Obviously this was just an introduction, there are so many other stories to tell about these two love birds, their evil cat and loving dog. What an awesome birthday present

Link to comment

Oh, this is definitely a beginning of something a lot longer. I love these two already. :)

 

The cat would be kicked out though :gikkle:

 

Brilliant chapter.

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 04/21/2016 12:42 PM, LitLover said:

Aww these two are sweet. I could picture the 'evil' cat stalking the human with the tray he wanted to investigate :lol: My vote would be to write more about them... first real date... moving in together... meeting each others' families, etc.

Could you also picture the adorable hunting expression on his face? :lol: I'm trying to write more about them, I just hope it turns to be good. thanks for the review :hug: cheers

Link to comment
On 04/21/2016 12:51 PM, avidreadr said:

I could easily see these characters appearing in a series of vignettes. I would definitely enjoy reading more about these characters.

I could too :) Thank you for reviewing :hug: cheers

Link to comment
On 04/21/2016 12:54 PM, Reader1810 said:

These guys are sweet Victor. I think you should tell us more of their story. :thumbup:

I'm still in the process of knowing more of their story :) I'll make sure to tell you too ;) thanks for the review :hug: cheers

Link to comment
On 04/21/2016 01:05 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

My vote: More! :D Cheep cheep! :lol:

 

This was a wonderful chapter Victor! It works brilliantly as a stand alone, and also as a great intro to a larger story. :hug: I especially enjoyed Cutie Pi :D That kitty clearly thinks he's the boss of the house :gikkle:

 

Thank you so much for this lovely gift mi Principe :kiss:

Thank you Drewbear :hug: I'm glad you liked your present :)

I thought all cats think they are the bosses :unsure: don't they? :blink: I've finished with the next chapter, but I'll need to go through it once before posting it :) thanks for reading and reviewing :hug: cheers

Link to comment
On 04/21/2016 01:06 PM, Headstall said:

Definitely more AKA as another chapter or 20 :) . This was charming, Victor. You have a knack for sweetness, and I think you scored a hit with this little offering. It was quirky in the best way. Well done, and cheers, my friend... Gary...

20 chapters??? :blink: see, now you scared me :gikkle: and I don't know if you're praising me or my writing but you did succeed in making me blush :blushing: I hope I'll be able to get the next one soon :) thanks for the review :hug: cheers

Link to comment
On 04/21/2016 08:06 PM, Bucket1 said:

Obviously this was just an introduction, there are so many other stories to tell about these two love birds, their evil cat and loving dog. What an awesome birthday present

Thanks uncle B :hug: I could write an entire story about the cat :lol: I'm glad you like it :) thanks for reviewing :hug: cheers

Link to comment
On 04/22/2016 02:50 PM, Timothy M. said:

Leo and Mario are a good match. I would have strangled the cat. :pissed::lol:

Aww onkel Tim :( you don't like Cutie pi? He'll feel sad :lol: thanks for the review :hug: cheers

Link to comment
On 04/24/2016 08:13 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

Oh, this is definitely a beginning of something a lot longer. I love these two already. :)

 

The cat would be kicked out though :gikkle:

 

Brilliant chapter.

 

:hug:

I'm glad you love my characters Caz :hug: if you kick Cutie pi out, then the story wouldn't be as interesting :lol: thanks for the review Caz :hug: more is yet to come ... cheers

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..