Jump to content
    W_L
  • Author
  • 2,420 Words
  • 979 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Exodus - 10. Genesis The Truth Part 2 of 4

Genesis: The Truth Part 2 of 4

By WL

 

(Off the Coast of Greenland, December 24rd 2010, Friday, 2200 hours)

 

Jeff had fallen asleep after Ben revealed his reason for secrecy; though not the exact nature of the secret.

 

The strange instruments around the plane began reacting to something. Flashing lights flickered, strange sounds buzzed, and the weird orbs began orbiting each other in an elliptical path. Jeff was awakened from his short slumber by these weird occurences.

 

The plane’s engine began to rumble in anticipation for the final landing. Water landings are different than traditional landings off runways; the drag of the ground was replaced by a ripple of the sea. Every bounce seemed like the summit of an intense coaster.

 

“We’re here, sleepy” Ben said to his drowsy passenger.

 

“Ugh, I didn’t even get my complimentary drink or a bag of peanuts,” Jeff said in a sheepish voice.

Ben only smiled as he landed the plane in the middle of ocean.

 

Jeff was a little dumb struck by their location, “Umm, Ben, We’re in the middle of the ocean. There’s nothing here.”

 

Ben: “Look through the spectrometer” as he pointed to the weird telescope.the h

 

Jeff: “So we’ve gone from learning a mysterious secret to playing Mr. Spock”, motioning to the odd telescope-like lens.

 

Jeff stared through the lens as something began to appear. The image through the spectrometer was blurry like a black and white television. It was not visible at first, but the object slowly grew clearer. The shape was distinct like an upside down metallic V and the odd reflective surface seemingly mimicked the environment like glass without edges. The only way to discern its presence was the little dots bouncing off it, which creates a weird glass lens effect.

 

Jeff: “What is that thing?”

 

Ben spotted the awe in his lovers face, “This is just the beginning. What you are looking at is called a Chameleon, an experimental ship that combines several advanced technologies. As you can tell from just looking at it so to speak, it is the first truly non-“visible” object.”

 

Jeff: “non-visible, umm yeah, but why can I only see it through that spectrometer?”

 

Ben laughed: “In physics, spectrometers usually used in combination with computers to analyze certain shifts in light. However, with some special “micro-computing” breakthroughs and material improvements, I’m able to create a visual representation based on a certain bandwidth spectrum”

 

Jeff: “Uh-huh, it has something to do with lights, gotcha, not going to ask again”, chuckling at his boyfriends technical details. Jeff had taken a few courses in physics and chemistry from an exchange programs between Harvard and MIT. Of course Ben was light years ahead of him, but he knew the fundamental stuff that Ben was talking about.

 

Ben: “Let’s disembark, but remember to get your iPod and stuff, because it would be messy to get them back the same later.”

 

Jeff was confused by Ben’s statement, but he did as he was told. Jeff was directed by Ben toward the exit of the plane, while Ben was adjusting the floating orbs with a remote control from his pocket that resembled a blackberry.

 

There was no sound from either waves crashing against the invisible object or from the rudders spinning, if there were any rudders. Jeff did not know what to do as he saw the vast ocean. Should he jump off hoping to land on an invisible platform like Indiana Jones or will a ladder drop from the bottom of the ship like Star Trek?

 

Looking back at Ben, Jeff saw the most amazing thing. The orbs were melting away. Semi-liquid droppings were hitting the floor of the plane and it seemed as if they were spreading. The droppings revealed a cylindrical core to the orbs, probably the size of a pen. The cores of the metallic orbs were taken by Ben and attached to two openings on his sneakers. Then, Ben walked up to Jeff and grabbed his arm.

 

Ben very quickly said, “Get ready to jump” and he jumped off the plane with a tight grip on Jeff, who fell more than jump at the sudden leap of faith.

 

Jeff felt no solid matter beneath him nor had he felt any water. He looked over at Ben speechless as they were suspended in mid-air.

 

Jeff: “Okay, Superman, now this is amazing”, grabbing Ben’s other hand to balance himself.

 

Ben: “Well, it beats flying on a plane. Though, to be more precise, we’re actually hovering.”

 

Jeff: “Let me guess, you’re playing with magnets.”

Ben smirked.

 

Jeff was about to say something else, but his attention turned back toward the plane. The metallic blob had spread outside the plane. The metallic blob looked like it was crushing the plane and shrinking. The shape of a plane was fading as the geometric shape of a sphere was forming.

 

Ben: “Enjoying my packers, they don’t even need a union contract.”

 

Jeff shocked again: “Okay, I’ve heard about this stuff online; it’s nano-technology right.”

 

Ben was happy his lover had so quickly rationally analyzed what was occurring: “Good job, now what else do you remember.”

 

Jeff: “They’re supposed to be theoretical, like not really created, only on paper and computers.”

Ben shook his head: “The little guys just needed motivation; one of the key things holding nanotechnology back is the inability to develop a coherent set of operating lines and powering them all at once.”

 

Jeff: “How you solved that problem, I don’t think they came with batteries?”

 

Ben pointed towards his shoes: “The cylinders in my shoes are both a temporary power source and transmitter. I am basically following an idea came up by Nikola Tesla during the turn of the 20th century. He theorized that energy and signal could be transmitted through air, but the problem was atmospheric interference and dispersion over distances.”

 

Jeff making a very weird face: “Ben, please slow down on the techno-talk. I am a Lawyer, not a scientist or an engineer.”

 

Ben: “Yeah, but you have the best mind of any man that I have ever encountered. The first time I met you; I was attracted to your humility. I mean everyone in the room was trying to get their claws into me, either to put money into their political campaign or business venture. I could tell from the way you looked at me and the way you left that all you wanted was me. When we finally got to talking, I could tell you were smarter than the way you sometimes sound; you just like to hide the fact.”

 

The Maine fundraiser was still fresh in Jeff’s mind and he could recall every detail and nuance. He remembered his instant attraction toward Ben’s magnetic personality.

 

Ben grew bolder and lifted Jeff slightly for a deep passionate kiss. Their tongues began to mix and intertwined, grower deeper with passion, but suddenly an upward motion began to take hold of them.

Before Jeff could ask, they sped towards a brightly lit opening along with the large metallic orbs. When the acceleration stopped, the two young men were floating inside a gray colored room. The orbs were sitting neatly on the gray floor.

 

Ben reacted with a slight smile: “Well, I guess that’s one kiss you won’t forget.”

With a free hand Ben took out the remote control from earlier, touched the screen a few times, and they began to land.

 

“Ben, you know we have a ladder,” a voice came from the room’s corner.

 

Ben mockingly: “It wouldn’t have been as fun for Jeff, John.”

 

Jeff immediately gave Ben an elbow jab to his stomach.

 

John: “Well, I hope this guy is half as smart as you tell me he is, because he looks like another one of those WGBH wanna be.”

 

Ben broke out in laughter as Jeff was scratching his head with a simple reply, “Huh?”

 

Ben deadpan referenced to his companion: “White Gay Boy from Harvard, it’s what a lot of MIT grads and other locals call you guys, because most end up working for the Corporation for Public Broadcasting.”

 

Jeff: “Hey, John right, I didn’t hear anything about how you guys end up teaching math for Bunker Hill.”

John gave out a hearty laugh: “Ben, you got yourself a fighter at the very least. At least, he’s not a trekkie like Andy.”

 

A voice from the intercom in the room boomed: “John, don’t make me throw all three of you guys into the North Atlantic. Believe me; the chances of a last minute “beam out” are damn near zero like the water temperature at this time of year.”

 

John left the room to attend to his boyfriend’s threat, while Ben and Jeff headed off towards the bridge section of the ship. It was a small vessel, comparable to the size of a schooner. The floors were metallic, but they did not feel metallic. As they entered the bridge, Ben noticed Jeff’s eyes glistening with wonder over what was in front of him.

 

Ben: “Not a bad view right.”

 

Jeff: “This is definitely different.”

 

The bridge was merely a metallic disk with a few odd looking chairs, but the view from the surroundings was breathtaking. The entire surrounding area was like glass, except for the small exception of the metallic doorway that they entered through. You could see the miles and miles of dark open ocean and star lit skies. It was like an IMAX theatre without the visible screen.

 

Ben marveling at the night sky took a seat and touched a few keys on the display connected to the chair.

 

Suddenly, the view was changing. The focus was now on a star that was slowly growing larger and larger.

 

Jeff: “Wow, I love the special effects, Ben. You’ve probably got James Cameron on speed dial.”

 

Ben smiled knowing his boyfriend was about to see the first of many wonders.

 

Jeff suddenly noticed a blue dot, faintly in his vision. He knew that Ben probably had something really big to hide and can guess one of them from rational analysis.

 

Jeff: “Ben, can you magnify that blue dot on the right?”

 

Ben nodded, knowing what Jeff would behold in a moment. The blue dot grew larger and clearer in focus as a sphere began to appear. It was a blue and green haze with two large patches of white on each end. There were little dustings of white all over the sphere as the contrast revealed it all.

 

Jeff: “You’ve discovered an Earth-Like planet; you know what that means right?”

 

Ben: “I know the ramifications of this discovery, but I don’t know if there is anyone over there. I have tried messaging them with the best methods possible and other methods that are considered only theoretical. Either they don’t want to talk or we’re still too young for them to take us seriously. Gl 777-A is definitely worth a trip one day, it’s only about 50 light years away. ”

 

Jeff thought over everything: “Ben, is this the secret you wanted to share with me? I kind of get the hysteria that people might have over not being the sole beings in the universe or losing faith in God and stuff. I really understand, but I still don’t get why you can’t just spend time with me openly?”

 

Ben: “This is not the entire secret, there’s still much more. Let’s take a dive.”

 

Jeff: “A dive?”

 

Ben touched several keys on the control console and the entire room returned to its original setting.

 

Then, the screen started declining and the ocean’s surface was becoming closer. There was an odd sound around the bridge like glass dishes being thrown during some kind of wedding. The ground was also shifting from a soft almost carpet like surface towards something much closer to its metallic appearance.

 

Jeff: “This is another optical trick right, Ben?”

 

Ben: “Nope, this ship can only move when it is submerged. It’s kind of special due to its features, but it is also completely silent and undetectable by sonar and radar.”

 

Jeff a little shaken: “Ben, did I ever tell you I am afraid of drowning? I don’t know if I can watch as we slowly descend into the watery depths of the ocean. And I mean “deaths” as in a metal coffin thirty thousand leagues under the sea.”

 

Ben mischievously smirked: “Okay, I know how to solve that problem.”

 

With a few touches of the console, the ship stopped sinking.

 

Jeff: “Thanks Ben, I guess you got to tell me the rest of the story without the …”

 

The ship suddenly sank into the water like a knife cutting through butter. There were no waves, nor had any kind of disturbance to even indicate a dive occurred to the naked eye, if there were any observers.

Poor Jeff was shaken badly by the sudden descent, but he could not close his eyes before he witnessed the water completely engulfing his surroundings. Jeff was hyperventilating as he felt like the walls were caving in on him.

 

Ben had left his control seat and began to slowly rub Jeff’s back and chest to sooth his boyfriend’s nerves. Seeing that was not helping, Ben took the opportunity to make another stark romantic gesture by kissing and groping his boyfriend. Jeff was seized by sensual emotions and completely forgot about the terror. His body moved back and forth as Ben’s tongue kept digging into his mouth and Ben’s hands were probing beneath his pants. When Jeff was fully erect and ready to release a very potent orgasm, Ben stopped almost on cue, knowing his job was done.

 

Ben pulled out of Jeff’s mouth: “Feel better”

 

Jeff looked around at the spectacular view of the ocean: “Yeah, but the rest of this secret must be something big and you better finish what you started here later, because I don’t know if I could take another one of those.”

 

Ben laughed: “Don’t worry; you’ll be thrilled by more gifts as Christmas day dawns.”

 

TBC………..

Copyright © 2011 W_L; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..