Jump to content
    W_L
  • Author
  • 1,437 Words
  • 1,914 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Exodus - 1. Introduction

By the mid-21st century, mankind has grown by leaps and bounds. The technological innovations of the early 21st century, along with the conflicts from that era, have paved the way for far greater gains than anyone could have imagined. Yet, the old institutions of mankind such as fear, hate, and helplessness still consume our conscience. Mankind lives in interesting times to say the least.

With the advent of new innovations in alternative energy, energy became a commodity rather than a necessity among the industrialized nations. With a renewed focus on the future, the European Union after decades of strife and in-fighting ratified a new charter. Through the creation of new technological advances in advanced manufacturing through the energy breakthrough, Great Britain and Ireland finally agreed to join the new unified European Federation by 2015. This combination of internal unity, brought on by technological parity and the low cost of energy, created an era of prosperity. Yet, by 2020, a new Middle-Eastern regime rose from disorder caused by the economic re-alignment and devaluation of oil assets. The Pan-Middle Eastern Alliance attacked Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, and completed the conquest of the entire Middle-East. Yet, before they completed their conquest, Nuclear and biological weapons stored in these nations by the United States were unleashed. 60-70% of the Civilian population was killed as a result in the region, approximately 650 million dead. Collateral damages and viral mutations occurred throughout the world, resulting in an additional 120 million casualties. The Pan-Middle Eastern Alliance launched an all out holy war against the world’s nations as a result of the devastation.

During this time of upheaval, religious leaders and social leaders grew in power as they became figureheads in an ideological war. As the Pan-Middle Eastern Alliance was defeated, the new Ecclesiastical Synod with members from world’s most powerful religious groups, excluding the Islamic sects, engaged in the ideal of purifying the human race. The majority of the Synod saw the need to eliminate those peoples that were considered “unclean” by their standards and had them re-educated or eradicated. Children were “marked” as they were born for re-education or eradication after the age of 16, if no signs of repentance were observed. The “marked” adults were relocated and separated from the main population.

The Genetic Codon sequence for homosexual behavior was discovered in late 2018, but there was no great rush to change or adjust this sequencing by the jubilant scientific community at the time. Some commentators even greeted the news joyously as a counter argument against the fundamental religious fanatics. There were those among the group, who saw the potential power this discovery may pose against their kind and they began special precautions. As the war grew and the religious authority became more demagogic, they knew there was not much time left. A group of them developed a genetic trace inhibitor to hide their true genetic heritage from what they knew would come once these religious groups gain full power after the war.

During the war, they used their connection and resources along with the most cutting edge technologies that had been created during the conflict; they needed all the tools and advancements for our advantage and purpose. Even with these tools; they knew that they could not win any large battles with such an implacable foe. “Operation Exodus” was thus created.

The urgency and the fear of discovery made this project their last hope for survival. By the year 2030, the war had ended and the full force of the unified Synod could be turned against them at any time. Whether it was by the luck of some higher being or the miraculous ways of the universe, they finished their task in secrecy.

On May 26th, 2030, 26 space vessels of different sizes and configuration left earth’s moon. They held the remaining 54,812 members, who were condemned due to their sexual orientation by the Synod. Many more remained on earth in the many sectors and precincts that could not be liberated due to security and time allotted.

You may ask yourself, how is this possible? On a technical level or an emotional one, it was one created with many tears and fears.

On the emotional level, mankind has always feared those that were different from them. The group of exiles shared the same feelings as the rest of humanity did in such respects. The war allowed a darker shade of mankind to appear than any that has been known except perhaps one event, World War II. After so much death and sadness, mankind wanted to trust in someone or something to prevent such an occurrence again. They placed their trust in the Synod, which was viewed as polar opposites of their aggressive opponents. Their actions were justified by simple necessity to prevent any more aggressive moves. Many crimes of greater and lesser degrees were committed by the Synod with a majority of public’s support. Children were ripped from their families at the first sign of this genetic marker. Re-education commenced in earnest with hypnotic therapy, brain stimulation therapy, and even experimentations on live subjects as children. In the past, fear from society was the motivator for secrecy and self-hatred among homosexuals; today, it is much more than that. There were those children that resisted for years and they suffered a great deal. No one questioned the Synod’s methods methods nor would they consider to; it was for a greater cause. Sympathetic doctors helped by removing children from the central census database and even the Synod’s facilities. A network was established to smuggle them into special facilities for treatment and psychiatric help. It was not enough; for every one child or adult they saved, ten more were placed into the system. If you looked at the names of the people that they could not be saved, then you would have wondered: what type of people were they? Did they have any dreams? What would they have achieved if it were not for the world of today? You can never sleep after that; nor can you forget the countless names of those that disappeared from the system day after day from the Synod’s actions.

On the technical level, advancements in nano-technology aided them a great deal and a few sympathetic military leaders aided their plight by hiding vital intelligence. A lunar mining base was established in 2017 by Cross Enterprises, which served as a cover for the secret construction base. Benjamin Cross had acquired a great amount of wealth through the use of new technologies brought on by the innovations in alternative fuel sources. During the conflict, further advancement in material production such as radiation shielding and hardened silk-steel alloys were being made using nano-machines. Radiation shielding would be necessary for deep space flight due to the absence of solar shielding within our solar system from interstellar radiation. The hardened silk-alloy was a theoretical idea developed during the late 20th century by engineers, who envisioned semi-organic metals with tensile strength ten to twenty times greater than conventional steel. This material would be light weight, which would reduce the mass for space vessels. Other innovations, which were developed in house by Cross Enterprise’s R&D department, were the creation of radiation allocator power cells or RA power, which utilizes the background radiation of space to generate power akin to solar panels suckling the interstellar rays for power generation. Additionally, the main power cores for each ship were built with an additional system: anti-matter generators for the engines’ power. The super collider experiment in Europe in the 2010’s taught the scientist new techniques for producing larger quantities of anti-matter and how to stabilize them. As alternative power sources overwhelmed conventional oil assets in value and antimatter surpassed crude oil as the primary ingredient for power generation. All ships are equipped with tenth generation ion drive technology for stellar flight and first generation solar sail/magnetic propulsion technology for interstellar travel at an average 0.85c. Rotational and magnetic field displacements allow the ships to travel at incredible speeds without harming the human crew. Finally, each ship has different functional parts in the fleet: manufacturing, scientific facilities, agricultural production, and command.

So, they move out beyond their home system aiming for the distant Cygnus star system; it will take about 70 or more years to reach this star system. Most of them believe they will most likely be dead by then. At the very least, their descendants shall survive and the better nature of mankind shall survive with them. Perhaps, one day, they can return and rescue the others that they have left behind...

Let the journey begin……..

Copyright © 2011 W_L; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..