Jump to content
    W_L
  • Author
  • 3,515 Words
  • 1,093 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Exodus - 12. Genesis: The Truth Part 4 of 4

Genesis The Truth Part 4 of 4

By WL

 

(Research Outpost, North Atlantic, December 25th 2010, 0445 hours)

 

Jeff Alan should be extremely tired. He had been in two cars, two planes, and a strange kind of submarine all within the last 12 hours. The long ride has shown him wonders and gave him new depth into his boyfriend, Benjamin Cross. Twelve hours ago, Jeff had contemplated leaving his boyfriend due to his lack of openness, but now he can’t wait to see what else Ben has to reveal to him. Along the journey, Jeff has met Ben’s best friends John and Andy, polar opposites in personalities, but probably the only guys that can love one another.

 

Now as the hatch closed behind to the experimental submarine, Jeff’s senses were primed for a new adventure of discovery and self-discovery into the world of Benjamin Cross.

 

Ben: “Jeff, we have change in the decontamination area.”

 

Jeff satirically remarked: “Oh, okay, as long as I don’t have to wear skin tight outfits.”

 

Andy did not know Jeff was making a joke about the request, nor John, who basically stared at Ben blankly, thinking, is some kind of sexual innuendo.

 

Ben gave a good chuckle at the reference and the other guys indifference: “Sorry Jeff, but these guys never watched Enterprise; it was not really Star Trek to them.”

 

Defeated by his lack of comedic talent, Jeff followed his boyfriends lead toward an opening on the opposite side of the walkway. The simple doorway leads to another room, which resembled a large locker room.

 

Ben pointing to a locker: “You can store your clothes and stuff in the locker, there’s also a change of clothes in there as well. However, we will all have to take shower before we change.”

 

Jeff thought quickly turned sexual as he eyed his boyfriend. He has been on the verge of an orgasm several times throughout this trip and he knew Ben was also near that point as well. Thinking of what they could do in a shower together made Jeff hard.

 

John smirked at seeing the bulge in Jeff’s pants: “Sorry to burst your fantasies, Jeff. It’s an individual shower space. Ben set up the rules, so no one can get frisky in any of the decontamination rooms.”

 

Ben frowning at his decision: “It’s probably better that way, sorry for bursting the hard-on again Jeff.”

 

Jeff sarcastically responded: “I thought you said this is the place where dream can come true.”

 

Ben: “I said dreams, not sexual fantasies. We can do that later.”

 

Jeff, resigning his urges, began removed clothes. He kept his longing eyes on Ben as his clothes left his body. The clothes in the locker were metallic looking: two pairs of shoes and socks, a loose boxer-brief, a pair of pants, an undershirt, and an external shirt. Ben directed Jeff to take the new clothes to a small stall unit in the corner. Jeff hung the clothes on the rack to the side and closed the door.

 

The shower came on automatically, but it was not from a traditional shower head. The entire stall was shooting intense burst of water and vapor at Jeff. It was both relaxing and strange. Jeff could smell the strong scent of soap, deodorizers, shampoo, and other unknown elements bombarding his body along with the water. In a few moments, the water and everything ceased.

 

Jeff remembers that he did not see a towel by the rack: “Ben, can you get me a towel, I think the clean cycle on this thing is done.”

 

At that moment, hot air began to blow into the stall. The intense heat covered Jeff, but there were in short timed bursts.

 

Jeff left the stall and started putting on the clothes as Ben and the guys were doing the same.

 

John: “Ben, Andy and I will be checking particle accelerator room. If you want to take Jeff to see the place, we’ll prep a demonstration for him.”

 

Ben: “Okay John, sounds like a good idea. I will take him to see Adam first, and then we’ll drop by power generation, let’s see where we might be.”

 

Jeff followed Ben towards the exit in his new outfit, which seemed to fit perfectly without customization. Jeff had thought that somehow some nanites probably had something to do with it.

 

After several long hallways, they arrived at a very odd looking laboratory. There was a giant 3D digital model of the standard double helix at the center with a dark haired guy typing something.

 

Ben: “Hey Adam, what’s up with my favorite bio-engineer?”

 

Adam turned around and saw his old friend plus Jeff: “Fine, who’s the cute guy next to you?”

 

Ben: “Meet my boyfriend, Jeff. I wanted him to take a tour of my life and see what I am up against.”

 

Adam surprised by Ben’s bravado: “What do you do Jeff?”

 

Jeff feeling like he was being interrogated: “I’m a lawyer”

 

In truth, Jeff had wondered why Ben would go out of his way to show him all these things. He’s not a scientist, nor is he able to fully grasp the complex nature of this stuff presented to him completely, despite his intelligence.

 

Adam completely frustrated and angry over Ben’s response: “Ben, you know what we’re doing here can get us all locked up in some government facility somewhere under constant surveillance for the rest of our lives? I’d like to let the entire gay community know what I do, too, but think about the bigger picture.”

 

Ben seeing his friend’s agitated expression: “Adam, sorry, but we’re not going to hide the secrets of the universe under several miles of ocean. I’ve thought about it backwards and forwards, Jeff is probably the best chance we have to bringing things out. He’s smart and understands this stuff on a deeper level than most lawyers and I know he will do the right thing no matter what despite working with politicians.”

 

Jeff understanding now what Ben is asking. Ben basically wants a legal option on how to reveal these things to the world.

 

Jeff felt slightly used: “Is that why you wanted me to see the stuff, Ben?”

 

Ben shaking his head: “Not completely, I wanted you to see everything, because I knew I’ve been keeping this stuff from you for too long. I love you and I really wish I could see this, too.”

 

Adam: “So, did you tell him the big secret in this room?”

 

Ben: “No, I did not. I was hoping that you were in a good mood Adam, because you’ve been acting kind of strange lately. ”

 

Adam sighed: “I guess its Greg, my boyfriend; he’s figured out the secrets to homosexual genetic markers. I’ve been having fights with him over the revelation to the public and I guess when I saw Jeff and you, I kind of went off. Greg doesn’t know about my life here under the sea; all he knows is that I am some researcher with Cross Biotech. Sorry Jeff, I didn’t mean it.”

 

Jeff sensing that a change of subject was needed: “I thought geneticist said there was no link to homosexuality and genes.”

 

Adam looked over at Jeff: “They’re idiots operating on an old 17th century concept of the Scientific method, when genetics operates on a variation methodology.”

 

Jeff: “What do you mean?”

 

Ben sensing the shift in discussion would help Jeff understand the issue: “A standard scientific method would follow a structure line of: hypothesis, research, thesis, experimentation or calculation, analysis, and conclusions or incidence. The entire concept is quite flawed in how genetics and other scientific fields should be based. Variable do not act in vacuums as the old scientific method would describe during testing; they act together with other factors. Things like saying, a gene that causes heart disease, really don’t exist in that form, if certain other genes offset the issue. Here’s the problem with many modern scientists, they look only in places where things are closely related, but avoid looking in areas where things might or have been related in order to come to conclusions.”

 

Jeff: “So you’re telling me that science is wrong. It’s kind of funny, since you’re scientists, too.”

 

Ben: “Science is not a religion Jeff; there are no absolutes. It’s a matter of knowledge. When the lines are blurred between belief and knowledge; neither is able to find peace.”

 

Adam: “What scares me is that both probably are moving in the same direction right now towards trying to create imaginary absolutes.”

 

Jeff: “I always thought religion and science are like complete opposites with little commonality.”

 

Adam distressingly shook his head: “When I was finishing my undergrad courses at U. Penn; I met Ben and Andy through John. The gay community is pretty small and the gay scientific community is even smaller. Ben inspired a new idea during our discussions of nonlinear scientific development, which I took into practice on some of my work in school. My professor vehemently disagreed with my ideas due to lack of “scientific reliability”; though, I could reproduce the results. After graduation, I was locked out of academia, because I wouldn’t blend in with my peers. It’s really no different than a papal heresy charge from the middle ages. I’d been excommunicated back then. Whether it’s a traditional scientist, a religious zealot, or a gay basher, you have the same issue of forceful conformity or expulsion“

 

Jeff could sympathize with Adam’s plight at non-recognition for the good work he had done. He could understand why Ben brought him to Adam as well in order to show staunch public opposition.

 

Jeff: “Adam, I feel really bad for what happened to you. I mean it’s really unfair.”

 

Adam: “Fairness left long ago. Anyway, you came here to learn stuff and help us bring it out to the world in a good fashion, so the rest of the world can accept it. My secret is a cure for AIDS based on RNA resequencing.”

 

Jeff’s jaw dropped as he looked over at Ben: “Really?”

 

Ben: “Yes, both Eli and Alex got the first treatments a few months ago”

 

Jeff still shocked, looked quizzically at Ben on who these lucky guys were.

 

Ben exhaled slowly: “They were my guardians after my mom and dad died. My dad was kind of involved with them; it’s complicated. I think of them as my two dads basically.”

 

Jeff: “Why didn’t I ever hear about this stuff?”

 

Ben: “My dad, biological dad, was really smart and careful. They acted as my guardians and trustees to the money left to me.”

 

Jeff thought about all the things that he was just bombarded with. A cure for AIDS has been the greatest goal of medicine for the last quarter century. The disease was the reason why gay rights unified and public sympathy gathered in the first place from the divisions and issues plaguing them for decades. This issue alone was more than big enough to create ripples across the world.

 

Jeff: “Ben, this thing has to be revealed to everyone immediately. We got thousands of kids and adults about to die this very moment if they can’t get the cure.”

 

Adam: “It’s not that simple. To be able to use the cure, the doctors have to identify the patient’s current genetic makeup in order to create a specialized RNA strand on another retrovirus.”

 

Jeff: “Why can’t they?”

 

Adam: “We’d need to reveal almost all the gains that we made in research and engineering to do that. Advances in spectrographic, nanotechnology, engineering, and genetic research would have to be revealed in combination for this cure to be administered.”

 

Jeff looked at Ben with a dumbfounded expression like a thirsty man in a desert seeing an oasis that he can’t reach.

 

Ben: “Our method of research relies on interdisciplinary integration of technologies and focus. Jeff, it is why I need your help.”

 

It all hit Jeff like a ton of bricks. Emotionally and mentally, he had a lot to think about.

 

Ben sensing that Jeff should probably move on to the next area: “Thanks Adam, I think it’s about time to get Greg in on this secret, so you won’t be so grumpy. I’ve read his psych profile and his papers; he should fit right in. On the subject of the gay genetic expression issue, we got to make sure Greg understands that he cannot reveal it.”

 

Adam shook his head and they left the room. Jeff and Ben were completely silent as they entered another room.

 

A mechanical voice: “A king and a prince are defined by their realms and vision.”

 

A young looking guy was typing the sentence on a laptop. When saw Jeff and Ben together, an instant recognition had flashed in his eyes. Another young guy was beside him working with a computer console.

 

Ben: “Hey, Max, hey Evan, how are things working?”

 

Max typing out the mechanical voice: “Kings proceed to cautiously after the fire has burned their pasts. Princes proceed to aggressively without memory of their past.”

 

Evan: “Hey boss, the heavy water mixture is working out fine. We are operating now at 98.4% efficiency due to a maintenance cycle. The new nanites command codes that I designed for the generator emergency shutdown will be tested out on the 27th.”

 

Max had moved towards Jeff, who at this point had noticed the strange approaching guy.

 

Jeff: “Uh…Hi”

 

Max: “The Earth is your home, but love forced you to seek the source. The source loves you, too, but destruction this love bought, too. Leave now.”

 

Jeff looked over at Ben for an explanation. Ben shrugged it off.

 

Ben: “I’ve stopped trying to interpret Max’s words. It’s like he’s thinking in idioms or something. However, he’s the foremost expert in fusion calculations.”

 

Jeff a bit shocked that Max was handling it. He had heard of advanced math geniuses with autistic issues or other impairments. He also never met a gay autistic guy before as he inferred based on all the other people working at the facility.

 

Jeff: “Nice to meet you too, Max.”

 

Ben understanding the weirdness that Max brings: “Well, here’s my reactor.”

 

Jeff shifting his thoughts from Max to Ben: “Ben, you have a cold fusion reactor let me guess.”

 

Ben: “Yup, I also have an antimatter reactor linked right next to it.”

 

Jeff was struck again.

 

Jeff: “Wait hold the phone, you have what reactor?”

 

Ben seeing that he had got his lover’s mind off the AIDS issue for now: “An antimatter reactor.”

 

Jeff: “Wow, now I’ve heard the cake. Cold fusion can theoretically solve almost all the power issues of earth right now. Antimatter can solve the power issues of sol system. I’m not joking either, how is this even possible?”

 

Ben: “As I said, integrated sciences are the key. Max might not have a college degree, but he is by far one of the most brilliant minds in the world. I originally met Evan in a computer programming class. I was really interested in his ideas about advanced programming language. Max is Evan’s partner and Evan wanted to see I can get Max a job somewhere. When I first saw Max, he instantly rambled something about “the king” and “the source”, and then drew something for me. It turned out to be the schematics for this generator and batteries.”

 

Jeff: “Wow really strange that he would give you the secret to producing limitless power.”

 

Evan whispered silently: “You guys don’t even know the half of it.”

 

Ben directed Jeff to head towards the next room containing the particle accelerator. Max was jumping up and down happy to see “the king” and “the prince” together.

 

At the entrance of the room, Andy was waiting for them.

 

Andy: “Jeff, I hope your still feeling okay about all this, because the next thing is going to blow your mind.”

 

Jeff looked over at Ben for something. Ben responded by handing Jeff a peer of goggles and putting his arm around his boyfriend.

 

Ben: “We should all head over to the observation level.”

 

John was waiting for them at the observation level. It’s basically a large mirror surface room like the bridge of the ship earlier. However, there was something different about the place to Jeff; there was a sensation coming across the back of his neck. The view was transparent towards a particle accelerator center, which appeared hollow.

 

John: “Magnetic containment checked and energy from fusion generator checked.”

 

Andy: “Hydrogen ready and anti-hydrogen ready. “

 

Ben staring over at Jeff: “Put on the goggles, you will enjoy the light show. It’s a Christmas gift you won’t get often.”

 

Jeff looked out the goggles, but there appeared to be nothing of particular interest other than the gray nature of the goggles.

 

John: “Launch!”

 

In less than a second, accelerated Hydrogen and anti-hydrogen met in the of the particle accelerator. The resulting explosion from contact was held back by the intense magnetic field surrounding core of the particle accelerator. It almost appeared as if the energy of the explosion was being pushed back into itself.

 

Jeff: “Cool explosions.”

 

Ben: “Just wait for it.”

 

Suddenly, every light imaginable throughout the spectrum was appearing in front of the goggle. The explosion had turned into an implosion and the forces of expansion and contraction began to take shape within this small area.

 

Jeff was aw struck by the splendor of the colors and beauty. Shapes had formed from the rudimentary colors. They were cubes, prisms, triangular shapes, and the spheres of swirling color. However, within what seemed like moments, they all vanished. It was progressive and even Jeff could tell the lights were dimming down. Everything eventually went back to gray once more.

 

Jeff pondered at what he just saw and realized the existential sight.

 

Jeff: “Was that the big bang?”

 

Andy: “It was a new micro-universe; we basically simulated the big bang and the eventual end of all things. Don’t worry, no radiation pass through the magnetic or nanites barriers.”

 

Jeff: “It was amazing and mind boggling at the same time. Is our reality that insignificant to someone else? Were there beings in that universe? Did they have thoughts?”

 

Ben understanding the gravity of the situation: “It’s one reason why I am not an Atheist; the universe is small on the scale of eternity. We live and we die; but each moment we hold is special. Jeff, I wanted you to see what we had to offer and also the truth that we want to show mankind. We don’t want mankind to remain in the midst of ignorance and fear of the unknown anymore. Knowledge from all perspectives should be embraced, moments should be embraced, and the truth that our lives each hold potential.”

 

Jeff was stunned and did not know how to reply. For the next few hours, he remained silent. There was no communication between Ben and anyone else. Ben had chartered another plane to fly Jeff home to his family by Christmas night. After they reached the airport, Ben drove Jeff to the front of his family’s home. They lingered there for a while.

 

Jeff looked over at Ben: “Are coming in?”

 

Ben smiled that he finally got a response from Jeff: “Yeah, I will if you want me to join you. I want to meet your family and thank your sister for letting me in again.”

 

Jeff: “I don’t think you should come in Ben.”

 

Ben’s face quickly turned sour, but Jeff went in for a deep passionate kiss.

 

Jeff: “I get what you are doing and I know that I love you more than anything. You were honest with me and showed me everything without hiding behind secrets. I want to be able to help you bring mankind out of our trapped mindset. I also want to protect you; you will have more than enough enemies in a few years Ben due to all these discoveries. The least I can do is protect you from getting messed up in my family.”

 

Ben and Jeff made out and finally after so many long hours had sex in the back of Ben’s Lexus. It was a sweet beautiful final gift for Jeff on this magical Christmas.

 

The End ……

For Now

 

Please Read Genesis: The Consequences Part 1 of 9 for what comes next.

Copyright © 2011 W_L; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I liked this, but it felt like the start of a completely different story than the chapters before it. Less of a Prologue, and more like an unconnected parallel tale.

Link to comment
On 01/10/2016 09:16 AM, Fae Briona said:

I liked this, but it felt like the start of a completely different story than the chapters before it. Less of a Prologue, and more like an unconnected parallel tale.

One of the problems with my early writing was I tried to write too much too fast.

 

It took years for me to slow it down and write the way I do now in 0's and 1's.

 

This was my first attempt at novel writing

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..