Jump to content
    W_L
  • Author
  • 1,551 Words
  • 1,127 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Exodus - 11. Genesis: The Truth Part 3 of 4

Genesis: The Truth Part 3 of 4

By W.L

 

(Approximately 50 Nautical miles from Olafsvik, Iceland, December 25th 02:00 hours)

 

Ben and Jeff had been busy chatting about the ship and how certain things worked onboard. The ship operated with a nanites assisted hull structure; basically, the ship’s structure can change from a hardened silicone synthetic structure to a thin silicon structure. By having the ability to manipulate the density of the hull, there was no need for buoyancy from water balance a traditional submarine would need. For the visual effects, Molecular optics was the key to how the main bridge can be both a translucent underwater observation post and an astronomer’s dream observatory. Nano-engineering produced molecule sized silicate lenses, which used the principle of Caladioptic telescopes and precision spectrographs that resolved the atmospheric diffraction and improve optical potential to a whole new level of magnification detail.

 

Jeff’s fear of the ocean and water in general had been reduced, but there was always a certain anxiety in his words.

 

However, Jeff understood after their conversations that some of these secrets that Ben kept were big enough to affect mankind and the world as we know it. Nano-technology at Ben’s level of advancement could allow mankind to recreate and reshape the world in our image, but who will wield such power without corruption. Knowledge of extra-solar earth like planets could give mankind goals to explore or targets for conquest.

 

As Ben was explaining some of the marvels, John and Andy entered the room.

 

Andy interjected: “Wow, there’s a party in here and no one invited us.”

 

Ben looked over at his friends: “Andy, when was the last time, you were at a party?”

 

Andy pondered: “Probably, when we went to a frat during freshmen year. We were really drunk from tequila shots, but lucky for us, we managed to get back to the dorm somehow without any major issues.”

 

John laughed as he knew the story: “Umm…”major issues”?”

 

Ben: “Well, we…uh…kind of made out.”

 

John noticeably surprised with a hint of jealousy at Ben: “Was Ben any good back then Andy?”

 

Andy blushed: “Well, I was the one that made out with him, because I sort of liked him back then. It was horrible though, because right afterward I threw up all over, Ben. When I cleared my head in the morning, Ben was by my bed offering a trash can and a bottle of water. Ben told me he was gay. Needless to say, I was happier than a Klingon before battle, but Ben also said that he didn’t have any feelings for me and wanted us to be friends.”

 

Ben assumingly eyed his boyfriend: “Don’t worry Jeff; you’re the first guy I loved and kissed seriously at the same time.”

 

Jeff went in for a quick kiss: “You’re the best guy that has ever loved or kissed me, too.”

 

Ben was noticeably enthralled by this show of emotion; he embraced Jeff tightly. Andy witnessing this emotional outburst placed his arm around John and began his own expression of love.

 

John quickly kissed Andy passionately, but rationally tried to return everyone’s composure: “Hate to break it to you guys, but we can’t get gushy or horny now. We’re several miles below the ocean surface and should save this stuff probably for later.”

 

Andy: “John, are you always “set to kill” the fun from life.”

 

John: “No, but someone has to have a cool head around here. Usually our fearless leader can do that too, but he’s horny and agitated.”

 

Jeff, now knowing about Andy’s friendship with Ben, wondered how John fits in. Andy and Ben were similar in features that one could mistake them for brothers. Jeff almost thought they might be related somehow at first. John was a lot taller and slightly more athletic looking like an NBA player, but Jeff did not want to make such connections due to political correctness. Jeff has met a few gay African American, but most were very feminine or closeted on the down low as it is known.

 

John almost on cue with Jeff’s mental inquiry began: “Well, since everyone is trying to connect the dots with funny stories. Here’s how I met Andy and Ben. I was studying physics and engineering over at U. Penn. We had heard about this crazy “Time Traveller’s Convention” at MIT. One of my professors offered to bring a group along to learn about the possibility of time travel and see what MIT was doing.”

 

Andy interjected: “Come on admit it John, you were interested if we actually built a time machine finally out of a De Lorean.”

 

John smirked: “Aside from the fact that even you guys can’t do that, it’s an interesting subject, but realistically impossible.”

 

Ben: “No, it’s improbable due to the power needs and the knowledge of advance gravity manipulation at our current technology level. However, time travel is not impossible.”

 

John: “Come one Ben, even you, the world’s secret greatest mind has to come terms that time travel is impossible. There are way too many paradoxes and violations of fundamental laws in conservation of energy and mass.”

 

Andy: “Well as long as energy and mass remain constant, why can’t there be time travellers? They’d just be spectators if there’s no way around the consistency issue. If there is a quantum loophole like Ben and I said to you a million times, then we’d just have mass and energy replaced from an alternate timeline for each time traveller.”

 

Jeff felt kind of left out, which Ben noticed very quickly as they were debating their age old qualm over time travel.

 

Ben thought quickly: “Why don’t you tell Jeff, how you and Andy hit it off?”

 

John taking the hint: “Well, we kept up our argument over dinner. Ben had to leave in the middle of dinner due to a family issue and Andy was left with me. We got to talking and I don’t know how he grew on me. I don’t know when we actually fell in love during that night, but we basically were inseparable. I told him I was gay and he said the same thing. The next day, when Ben came back to the dorm, we were both cuddling over arguments. I later went to MIT for my graduate studies.”

 

Jeff thought back his own college years, which overlapped with Ben’s years. He wish he had known Ben during those years, instead of floating around aimlessly from boyfriend to boyfriend.

 

Ben saw Jeff’s yearning for the same romantic memories, sarcastically replied: “It only sounds romantic Jeff. The truth is completely different. They were both fucking like there was no tomorrow and screaming so loud that half the floor thought a fight was going on in our room. They fucked their way into a stable relationship.”

 

Andy: “Well, it is just perspectives, but I can honestly say that I know how Kirk felt after he kissed Uhura.”

 

John sarcastically smiled at Andy: “And you can’t go back either.”

 

Everyone was laughing around the room. For the next hour or so, Jeff learned about Ben’s friends and they learned about Jeff. Jeff had never felt such a strong sense of belonging and joy as he did, ironically, under the sea.

 

John had spotted the research outpost under the sea and tapped Andy to prepare the ship for pressurization.

 

Jeff saw the very odd looking cylindrical structure embedded in the ocean with a vertical connection to the surface. Ben had moved back to the controls. The ship approached an opening on the side of the structure. A sudden thump was heard, and then churning sounds from within the ship.

 

Ben noticing Jeff’s inquisitive expression: “Well we’re docked; we just need to equalize our pressures with the outpost. I can tell something’s on your mind Jeff.”

 

Jeff: “Ben, is that thing connected to the surface?”

 

Ben: “Yeah, it’s connected to an old oil rig that I bought from the British Petroleum, when they needed the cash infusion. It’s a great cover and the excavated area for piping makes this a perfect underwater research outpost.”

 

Jeff: “You know we could have just taken the plane here faster right?”

 

Ben: “Yeah, but there would be no thrill, nor can I show you some of the stuff I’ve been working on.”

 

Jeff jokingly replied: “Ugh, why must I be in love with Daddy War-bucks?”

 

Ben replied in mock indignation: “Hey, that’d make you Annie and I am not about to molest a little girl. I’m into twenty-something Harvard boys with aqua-phobia, who also enjoy sunsets off the rocky shores of Maine.”

 

Ben and Jeff exchanged barbs as the ship final checks before disembarkation commenced.

 

Jeff was excited by the sound of Andy calling everyone to “get the hell out of here”.

 

Ben led Jeff towards the hatch, where they will disembark. Andy and John had already crossed over by the time they got there.

 

Ben enthusiastically told Jeff: “Welcome to the place where dreams become reality.”

 

TBC…..

Copyright © 2011 W_L; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..