Jump to content
    Wombat Bill
  • Author
  • 365 Words
  • 554 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Missing Conversations - Prologue. Previously in An Appetite for More

“You’re right, when shall we tell them and how much do we tell them?” Hannah asked her partner, Julia.

“I don’t think we can tell them any less than the whole truth. If we try to hide the fact that Jared’s father is my brother that could turn out very messy. After all there are so many others involved. It’s a complex relationship between me, Brendan, Jessica, Justin and Jared. If we leave out anything that will just raise more questions, and we would also have to ask Justin and Jared to be part of the deception. I won’t do that.”

***

The dinner was held and the boys were told all. While at first James was confused and Alex seemed angry, they accepted all they were told with only a few embarrassing questions. The whole event was softened by Justin’s presence and his support for Julia. When Justin asked them how they felt about having another brother, their imaginations started working overtime trying to figure out all the possible relationships.

“So does that mean Jared is our brother, because my mum is his mum,” said Alex. “and he’s also our cousin, like you, because his dad is your dad and my mum’s brother?”

“I guess that’s correct.” replied Justin.

“Hmm, that’s interesting.” observed James.

“Yeah, but I’m a bit pissed off.” said Alex.

“Oh Alex, I’m sorry you feel that way.” said his mother “It was a long time ago and I didn’t really think I would ever have to tell you. I’m so sorry this has upset you so much.”

“No Mum, it’s not that; I thought I would always be the big brother in the family, and now I’m not.”

***

Before introducing Jared to Hannah and the boys, Julia thought it better to meet alone with Jared to tell him about the circumstances that lead to her pregnancy.

When Julia got to the part about Brendan forcing her to the floor, Jared said “Stop please Mum, I mean Julia. Please don’t tell me anymore, I don’t want to have a visual image in my mind.” He paused, they sat in silence for a moment, then Jared began to weep.

Copyright © 2021 Wombat Bill; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am sorry lads (@Wombat Bill, @ReaderPaul, @chris191070and @NimirRaj) I was determined to kick off my comments on the CWB vignettes on a happy note (I am trying @Wombat Bill), but the image of Jared weeping when told of the circumstances of his conception, made me "lose it", hence the sad emoticon (is that the right word @ReaderPaul?) Given how much I had "gone off" Jared by the end of CWB Book 3, it surprised me. I have softened in my dislike of him, and in hindsight (ain't it a wonderful thing, as is commonly stated), I was perhaps too harsh in my judgment of him. It also struck me (with some force too) that his life was tragically cut short, denying him the opportunity to face his demons head on and kick them to the kerb. A wasted opportunity for a happier life perhaps.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..